hello, hello!

i'm currently working on a new trial truck.

it features:

-Tandem axles on the rear axle.

- Articulated steering.

- 1x NXT motor for propultion.

- 1x L-motor for steering.

- 1x Battery box.

Now, here are some pictures of the work in progress:

2013-06-20-013.jpg

2013-06-20-014.jpg

2013-06-20-015.jpg

2013-06-20-017.jpg

2013-06-20-018.jpg

2013-06-20-020.jpg

And to top it off:

Hope you like it :P

Edited by KopMaister

yes i do like it! I'm a big fan of nxt motors now, and this design is looking really good! I like your steering with the LA's too.

The rear wheel solutions for suspension and drive are cool.

Do you use rechargeable batteries?

Great job, keep at it and make a cool body. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

i use the 8881 AA-battery box... but i plan on buying som new ones :P probably a couple of triple a ones and one or two rechargable ones ^^

What kind of body are you going to put onto it?

When I saw the title I thought it might of been a dump truck,but I don't think it will be that.

This is very impressive, I like it....

If you are stuck for inspiration for a body, look here, there are lots of ideas... (There is every wheel arrangement at this site)

well, since i don't have the parts for a rear bucket i thought i would make a trial version of a dump truck. based on this:

RO55-DoosanMoxyTruck41.jpg

I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong link first time... this is the one it should have been: 6x6 artic

I think you might find something that you do have the parts for....

(Of course, your idea is the what you should pursue... I am not trying to interfere.)

Wow that's an amazing solution for suspension, how the tandem axle suspension balances the pendular suspension so it doesn't fall over. It looks invincible! Are you going to have enough orange to make that dump truck?

Edit: Never mind, if you make that it will probably be in a new color scheme (unless you have lots of money).

Very good, Seems you used something adaptor and connect NXT motor to Power functions, Right? What did you use? Isn't that possible with a 9V convertor cable and PF extension cable?

well i made one myself :P because i don't have alot of money and i like soldering stuff XD

on other news I am currently rebuilding the chassis a little. i am trying to implement shock absorbers in the front axle and also move the nxt motor more in between the axles.

@Kwon It is a custom converter cable he made himself, you can see the red heat shrink tubing. He used the 2 middle pf wires instead of the 2 9v wires in this.

Edit: Sorry KopMaister posted while I was typing.

Ok....

So i've been moving for the past couple of weeks and thus had to pack and undpack my lego making me unable to keep up with this MOC.

however i've made some changes to the chassis...or rather, redone the whole damn thing since last post.

check out this new rear axle setup:

it features a tandem axle still with a lock-able differential and dropbox. the diff-lock is controlled via 1 servo motor :P (front axle will have suspension and diff + lock too :P)

here are some pictures:

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

Enjoy

Wow, it looks awesome, I love the tandem axle suspension. Although if you're using it for truck trial I think the lockable diffs might be unnecessary. I can't wait to see how it turns out, it looks really invincible! :wink:

Well the lockable diffs were mostly to pose a challenge to myself, as the tandem axles don't really need them :P but in the original truck i believe there is a diff-lock... although i don't want to be quoted on that!

Edit: The real truck does indeed have diff-lock however it's a limited slip differential lock :P

Edited by KopMaister

Wait, so it locks a limited-slip diff or does it just have a limited slip? The bevel gears might pose a problem in high-torque situations.

For me using the NXT Motors with PF is cheating :sweet:

well, then you might be happy to know i've ordered 4 x XL-motors and 1 x RC-motor on bricklink pending i norwegian customs :P

Wait, so it locks a limited-slip diff or does it just have a limited slip? The bevel gears might pose a problem in high-torque situations.

my MOC does not have limited slip :P the "real deal" does :P

well, then you might be happy to know i've ordered 4 x XL-motors and 1 x RC-motor on bricklink pending i norwegian customs :P

Damn, I want a rc motor :cry_sad: Ho much was it?

i paid $60 for the 8287 Motor Box set :P but that contains a lot of other parts too...

however the buggy motor alone would've cost me 32 dollars :P

I found my 8287 set in the discount section of a toy shop in my town not long ago for about €12... plus having one also on my 8421 = 2 to play with.... now to get them onto my 9398

Norwegian customs suck!

indeed :P parcels from germany usually take 1 day to arrive norway, but from the norwegian custom office it takes almost 1 week if you're lucky :P

i once waited three months for a package from Holland and it took two days to get it to the norwegian border :P

Here is the LDD file for the tandem axle.

however the LDD program has always been a little Derpy for me in terms of gears and placing gears, so some are missing :P

basically the input shaft should have a 8 tooth gear and the rest (exept the ones in the portal hubs) should be 24 tooth gears.

TandemAxle.png

Link to LFX File:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=533702

Edited by KopMaister

Nice work :)

Yeah, Norwegian post and customs are crap :( The damn 200kr limit is a pain in the megablocks :(