Hag's Tavern

Nocturnus Falcon Freebuild

Hag’s Tavern; one of the darker spots of Port Wrath, that is if one considers some areas to be brighter than others. Having come to Port Wrath on their quest, the three Falcons, led by Sir Tercel, now come to Hag’s Tavern in search of allegiances…

8791874806_9bfc04c772_z.jpg

“Sir Tercel…this was a bad idea…we cannot trust the safety of the gold in a place like this! We’re more likely to be killed here then on the docks outside!”

“Quite…Fendrel told me to come here…and you will do as he, and I, command.”

8791876238_bc5fba8ee3.jpg

Addressing the entire tavern now, Sir Tercel speaks aloud so all can here: “Tavern patrons! Listen! His lord Fendrel, and the Black Falcons of Nocturnus, are in search of troops and laborers. We ask now, that any willing able body persons, who take kindly to gold, come to us now…and join the blooming Flacon empire! Will anyone join us?!”

8791875580_7343538245.jpg

From the dark smoke filled room comes a loud single reply; “What the hell is a Falcon?! I ain’t ever heard of one of them?!”

More patrons scream in replies;

“Their birds you idiot!”

“Aren’t they the ones that got kicked out of Cedrica?!”

“We left voluntarily, completely voluntary!” Tercel quickly interrupted back.

“Do we have to wear stupid hats like you are wearing?”

“I still don’t understand what a Falcon is!”

8791877420_7009f6ba8f_n.jpg

Annoyed, Tercel screams out, “Ok! Well if anyone does want to join us, meet us outside—come on you two this was a waste of time, grab the chest and let’s go to the next tavern.”

Enjoy

~Nemo

Great MOC! I love the story too! Small but tons of atmosphere and details! Amazing work! :classic:

Wow another nice MOC so soon! Good to see Nocturnus starting to get some more activity! :thumbup:

Great build once again, nice to see more activity in the east and for us in the rest of Historica to get a glimpse of the Eastern Darklands :)

Love seeing new Nocturnus builds! The storyline for this particular build is quite amusing :laugh:

You really captured a dark spooky atmosphere with this scene, I particularly like the use of the trans red windows, and the chains holding the chandelier :thumbup:

Great build and story! I am so glad you joined Nocturnus! They have some great core builders, but not enough people there. With the addition of you to the group, it is feeling like a powerful group again

Lovely build! You created a perfect atmosphere, with your build and the dark pics of it! Good job :thumbup:

Thanks Everyone!

Wow another nice MOC so soon! Good to see Nocturnus starting to get some more activity! :thumbup:

Thanks!--Yes it's another MOC up. I actually build pretty fast (Learned that from Flickr), but this is actually a larger scale then I'm generally use to. Scale is actually the thing I'm worried about most when building for GoH, since everyone here builds so large, something I'm not known for! Hopefully, I'll be getting enough experience (And bricks) to eventually make the Falcon's castle at the scale I want.

Great build and story! I am so glad you joined Nocturnus! They have some great core builders, but not enough people there. With the addition of you to the group, it is feeling like a powerful group again

Thanks! Yes it's not easy being from Nocturnus--there seems to be almost no one--so I guess I have to build and fill the gap! But just because we're small--doesn't mean we are not dangerous! :devil:

Thanks!--Yes it's another MOC up. I actually build pretty fast (Learned that from Flickr), but this is actually a larger scale then I'm generally use to. Scale is actually the thing I'm worried about most when building for GoH, since everyone here builds so large, something I'm not known for! Hopefully, I'll be getting enough experience (And bricks) to eventually make the Falcon's castle at the scale I want.

Thanks! Yes it's not easy being from Nocturnus--there seems to be almost no one--so I guess I have to build and fill the gap! But just because we're small--doesn't mean we are not dangerous! :devil:

I think we should encourage building on small scale as well, it's definitely not good if people get scared away by large challenge entries and think we scorn anything smaller than 32x32 :tongue:

You should regard being few in Nocturnus an opportunity to shape your own style (which you already have in my opinion) without having to compete with a ton of other builders building similar MOCs. And I also think Nocturnus has much more room for creative freedom than say Avalonia, I mean how much can you vary the green-grey-brown palette? :wink:

Nice work, those red windows and the darkness of the entire thing go really well. I'll be interested to see what the Falcons do next!

I think we should encourage building on small scale as well, it's definitely not good if people get scared away by large challenge entries and think we scorn anything smaller than 32x32 :tongue:

I do think there's a fair amount of 16 square to 32 square out there though. It does seem like smaller than that is pretty rare though...

Awesome interior with really great details!

I like the dark atmosphere of it!