Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

That is similar to what I would expect this set to eventually look like. Though maybe adding some of the log traps and stuff they built to defeat the empire, so it's not just a "treehouse".

I actually has all of the traps from 7956 Ewok Attack, since the middle section was built from that set.

If Lego made this kind of set, I'd pay any amount for it, twice!

Before I saw this picture I was talking to my girlfriend and listing all the things I wanted to see in the ideal Ewok Village:

Multiple trees: check

Bridges and vines to get around: check

C-3PO with his chair: check

Han and/or Luke roasting apparatus: check

Brickload of Ewoks: could be better, but he made up with rebels.

Overall, not a bad set at all.

Since you guys are already expecting a big set with many figures.

wouldn't it make more sense for TGL to split the set to two, like what they did to Jabba's palace maybe?

in that case, you'll get a set for the roasting scene, another for the Endor battle.

Edited by Abu

No Endor battle. It's the village, not the battle. They'll probably include a bridge for the scene where Luke reveals his relations to Leia, a few tree huts and the spit. It'll be in different parts, and I doubt it'll be the hyper-detailed UCS we get on our ships, but more like an exclusive along the lines of Arkham Asylum and the Tower of Orthanc. I'm hoping for some playability. The only thing we know so far is that an Endor Leia will be in it, with the Forest Maiden's hair in brown. I hope that she gets a new face, though. It would look off to see her in lipstick during a forest celebration!

Agreed. I don't think it will be anywear near the size of the Death Star or Imperial Flagship. But it will probably be something around the size of Arkham or Kingdoms Joust.

We need a new minifigure scale B-Wing. I'd get the old one but I don't think it quite stands up to the quality of the current fighters.

I think there's a very strong chance we're going to see a new B-Wing next year.

No Endor battle. It's the village, not the battle. They'll probably include a bridge for the scene where Luke reveals his relations to Leia, a few tree huts and the spit. It'll be in different parts, and I doubt it'll be the hyper-detailed UCS we get on our ships, but more like an exclusive along the lines of Arkham Asylum and the Tower of Orthanc. I'm hoping for some playability. The only thing we know so far is that an Endor Leia will be in it, with the Forest Maiden's hair in brown. I hope that she gets a new face, though. It would look off to see her in lipstick during a forest celebration!

I rather they just keep Leia's current face for consistancy. I never liked that Anakin's recent figures have looked like different characters from one another.

There will be lots of Ewoks garanteed!

Nooooooooooo!!!! Not more ewoks!! :wink:

In all seriousness I'll be interested to see what Lego does with this. It could be a really nice set if the use a decent number of parts, rather than concentrating on yet more 'exclusive' minifigures like they did with Jabba's Palace. I think that it will depend on the quality of the trees; if they use a decent design it could be on my list to buy....I have visions of a clone of the original Kenner SW playset (which was a lump of brown & beige plastic) and simply awful!! :sick:

I rather they just keep Leia's current face for consistancy. I never liked that Anakin's recent figures have looked like different characters from one another.

Well, then keep the face, but recolor the lips like Hermione/ Padmé's to look like she's not wearing lipstick.

Padme-2.png

I'd prefer more ewoks than more gungans... :hmpf_bad:

Still I would like to see an update of the Kaadu ( in the style of the Tauntaun), would not mind if it came with Captain Tarpals either.

Edited by Cyberbricker

If they're revisiting Return of the Jedi throw me an AT-ST minifigure scale and I'll buy it from them quick.

Very pleased with the new AT-TE, having also owned the last 2 versions I can safely say this is the most accurate version. Lego finally got the compact shape right - the 2008 version looks even more stretched than it ever did before...

Thanks for doing this review. I really liked watching it. The new Jabba's Sail Barge looks like an alright set, except for those glossy plastic sails. :sick: What the hell is that? Desert vehicles should look dusty and rusty. Those sails are too shiny. Maybe some 1200 grit sandpaper would dull them up a bit. Or I could just use the original pieces as templates for custom cloth sails easily enough.

You do get a lot of great figs in this set, enough to get Jabba's entourage part way there.

1st world problems. When you have money the Lego sets don't come fast enough! I think I've got my 2013 planned out and am only really getting 2 more sets. 2014 can't come soon enough...

I'm still trying to catch up with 2011 to 2013 sets, let alone 2014's. oy

I was the same until recently due to my job finally paying off. But I can't bring myself to buy older sets because of how pricey they are so it' snot like I've gone back and bought any old ones, just some from this year that I want (basically non-Clone Wars/Prequel ships). For the first time in my life I can start keeping up. I hope we get a new Millennium Falcon minifigure scale in the future :P 'cause I won't pay $3000 for it! Bring on 2014!

I just got the last of the sets I give a crap about. The overpriced Rancor set (couldn't say no to that figure...) and a Tie Fighter. I'm really looking forward to the future of Lego Star Wars because I can freakin' afford it now!

Hey cookiemonster,

what is the length and width on the sail barge? Awesome review btw

what is the length and width on the sail barge? Awesome review btw

Yes, it would be interesting to know that.

However, the glossy plastic sheet of the sail seem very cheap. 6210 seemed to have better sails.

Can you also measure the length of the copper flex located at the front of the barge please ? (length in cm or studs)

Thank you.

Here are the infos you'd like to know:

Length is about 53 studs

Width is about 12 studs (without the wings, with wings add about 12 studs extra)

Length of the copper flex is 28 studs.

I hope I could help you und it's good the see that you like the review ;-)

Edited by cookiemonster

Length of the copper flex is 28 studs.

Great !

So, at the moment, it is the longest copper flex ever made. I will have to buy a couple of them. :p

Thanks for the nice video review, cookiemonster! :thumbup:

The set itself is ok, IMO. The outer appearance ist a little boxy (front) and the interior a little too stuffed for my taste. Not yet sure whether i want to go after it.

I was the same until recently due to my job finally paying off. But I can't bring myself to buy older sets because of how pricey they are so it' snot like I've gone back and bought any old ones, just some from this year that I want (basically non-Clone Wars/Prequel ships). For the first time in my life I can start keeping up. I hope we get a new Millennium Falcon minifigure scale in the future :P 'cause I won't pay $3000 for it! Bring on 2014!

I just got the last of the sets I give a crap about. The overpriced Rancor set (couldn't say no to that figure...) and a Tie Fighter. I'm really looking forward to the future of Lego Star Wars because I can freakin' afford it now!

Pardon me if i got it wrong - but there is a minifig scale falcon available. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61933 .

The set might cycle out anytime in the futire so getting one would be wise if you don't have one yet. I can highly recommend it and it has been on sale a few times already.

Thanks for the nice video review, cookiemonster! :thumbup:

The set itself is ok, IMO. The outer appearance ist a little boxy (front) and the interior a little too stuffed for my taste. Not yet sure whether i want to go after it.

Pardon me if i got it wrong - but there is a minifig scale falcon available. http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=61933 .

The set might cycle out anytime in the futire so getting one would be wise if you don't have one yet. I can highly recommend it and it has been on sale a few times already.

This is minifig scale falcon http://www.ebay.com/bhp/lego-10179 ;)