Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

im a little concerned with the path the SW sets are going. i can tell the difference from 2012 they are going with lots of minifigs, but less in the way of the vehicles, brick count, size etc. im thinking the golden age for great vehicles and scenes is over... it's now all about recycling the past. the golden age of SW appears to be behind us

2013 is underwhelming so far

but you get lots of minifigs! /sarcasm

im a little concerned with the path the SW sets are going. i can tell the difference from 2012 they are going with lots of minifigs, but less in the way of the vehicles, brick count, size etc. im thinking the golden age for great vehicles and scenes is over... it's now all about recycling the past. the golden age of SW appears to be behind us

2013 is underwhelming so far

but you get lots of minifigs! /sarcasm

Lucky for me, I love minifigs, not one for builds. but the sail barge does look nice.

I wonder what improvements can slave Leia get... completely new hairpiece, skirt cloth and hopefully a new face... not Tamina's face.

A new torso with back printing and possibly a new molded hairpiece is as far as I see them going. Then again they could always reuse the Ceremony Leia hairpiece as its the closest match out of the pre-existing elements. I don't see the point in a cloth skirt when the printed legs worked just fine on the previous version.

As for her face I think its fine and would hate to see it changed so soon, especially after the ammount of new Leia figures we've gotten recently. I get not everyone is happy its recycled from another character, but the design is a natural upgrade from the pre-pupil version and is fitting for her character. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if the face was originally intended for Leia but was pulled last minute for the PoP line, as 2010 was the year SW changed to the pupil faces and is also the only year between 2006 and now where Leia was absent from the set line up. She was also originally rumoured to appear in the Slave I set that year. Besides its not like we're ever going to see another Tamina figure again.

Here's a quick mock up of what the figure would look like if only the face and hair are changed.

24busdg.jpg

Edited by wesker

I think the AT-TE will be the big source for clones. I'm guessing a clone gunner, 3 clones, some sort of higher ranking clone and a Jedi.

^ If you read my post, I was referring to the front of the Sail Barge. There seems to be a lot of complaining about that, when in actuality it's more movie-accurate than the first version was. When it comes to the rest of the vessel, yes, there is some room for improvement. I'm not entirely disappointed with it, though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37049087@N02/8311510033/

Look at that again. Then look at this. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070401231952/starwars/images/4/43/Sailbarge-chron1.jpg

Then look at this. http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLK3THJzfGO6tFyyWEwLMKduZL2ymkBOOkqok_k43ru-SkrnlUCVrhx6pm

The nose on the old one has some additional rounding and curvature that the new one just decided to throw out the window in favor of some elephant nose. It is awful. I don't understand how anyone can like this - with the obvious exception for people that want a sailbarge and will not or cannot pay the old one's price.

I think it's from the scene, where Padme, Obi and Ani got rescued from the arena. There were super battle droids overthere, right?

Yes, but not ON the gunship. They could maybe put the droids on staps or speeders, that would make more sense. I'm actually ok with the prequel Jedi figs, but Yoda would've been a better choice. He's the one who swooped in first.

The nose on the old one has some additional rounding and curvature that the new one just decided to throw out the window in favor of some elephant nose. It is awful. I don't understand how anyone can like this - with the obvious exception for people that want a sailbarge and will not or cannot pay the old one's price.

It's really not that bad... Sure it loses some curves and isn't as smooth, but it is more accurate to the angle of the nose. Plus the new one has a bit more detail on the nose, mimicking the arrow that's sloping down on the front.

Plus it's sort of hard to make a final judgement on something when we have one picture. From another angle that nose might look great and you just haven't seen it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37049087@N02/8311510033/

Look at that again. Then look at this. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070401231952/starwars/images/4/43/Sailbarge-chron1.jpg

Then look at this. http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLK3THJzfGO6tFyyWEwLMKduZL2ymkBOOkqok_k43ru-SkrnlUCVrhx6pm

I say let's wait until some other angles. That box picture is very shallow angle and not to mention bad resolution. I'll wait to decide after more images.

The Barge looks really rough in the picture. If it wasn't for the figures I'd say its some kind of mini scale model.

The Barge looks really rough in the picture. If it wasn't for the figures I'd say its some kind of mini scale model.

EXACTLY! The first thing I thought when I saw it was "Is this a midi-scale barge?"

I do agree that we should we wait for more pictures, more angles and obviously...a final design and not a prelim. BUT, judging by that first picture, there is almost nothing about this new model that is more accurate or attractive over the previous. I mean seriously...if you didn't know which model came out first...which one would you guess? The new one looks like something from 2001.

Edited by calisupra2nr

I believe the design will stay the same if the constructors do not read forums ;) It looks like a picture of a catalog, so probably only the design of the boxes might change. Hopefully it's just a bad picture :)

It's really not that bad... Sure it loses some curves and isn't as smooth, but it is more accurate to the angle of the nose. Plus the new one has a bit more detail on the nose, mimicking the arrow that's sloping down on the front.

Plus it's sort of hard to make a final judgement on something when we have one picture. From another angle that nose might look great and you just haven't seen it.

I'm with calisupra on this one.

It does look like they have tried too hard to get the angle on the front of the nose that the rest looks like it has been compacted too much to something of a mini with something of a volvo front nose.

It looks like crap. At least the old one attempted to get a decent amount of walking/floor space on its roof. This new one looks far too squashed and lacking, in favour of getting the slant on the nose correct, ignoring everything else.

Look at the barge from the movie. The ''nose'' is a part of a curvature of the whole barge.

In the new model it's nose plus the rest. Do not fit at all. Plus the sides are look straight...

post-34846-0-01375300-1356646800_thumb.jpg

I really hope I'm wrong because I love Clone Troopers but if there were more Clone minifigs, I believe LEGO would have had them on the box art as they did with the two Super Battle Droids.

*snip*

*snip*

I agree that there are probably not more clones but on the BARC speeder chase the only showed one in the art and the set comes with two. And yes, I know that TLG showed the second Commando in the mini-fig lineup. Just a little weird. :wacko:

Edited by Pumpkin Pie

Look at the barge from the movie. The ''nose'' is a part of a curvature of the whole barge.

In the new model it's nose plus the rest. Do not fit at all. Plus the sides are look straight...

Yup. The nose in the movie is clearly rounded into by the sides. The sides of this new one approach the nose and the BAM! The nose is just flattened with no accepting curves from the sides.

Yup. The nose in the movie is clearly rounded into by the sides. The sides of this new one approach the nose and the BAM! The nose is just flattened with no accepting curves from the sides.

I don't know, to me it looks like it uses slope bricks on the sides where it meets the main body of the barge (the same method used in the old one). And due to the the angle of the picture I really can't tell for sure if the sides are angled (They sort of look like they do angle out some, but I can't tell for sure).

The measurements on the picture though due indicate the entire structure is about as long as the previous one, which means that the angle of the nose eats into the walking room on top. If my stud counting is anywhere near right we end up losing about 5 studs (I'm not exact on that just because of blurriness of the picture) on the middle area in comparison to the old one. So in length the top level is probably about 2/3 the size that the previous model had it at.

Maybe the model is sized this way to keep it a certain price. I wouldn't complain if this cost pretty similar to the original.

Hmm, interesting. I missed both of these sets, so it's nice to see them again. However...

The Sail Barge looks really off. The old one, while less accurate around the front, was kind of compact and looked better to me. The new one looks like it has too many straight edges and the top platform thing has been shortened, resulting in a longer nose area.

The Republic Gunship, meanwhile, seems about the same. It looks like some things have been modified around the cockpit area. I personally liked the blockier look of the 2008 version, so I'm not quite sure what to think of that. It also looks a bit longer near the front, though that might be the angle.

Ehh, I think I might reserve judgement once they can be seen from other angles. In both cases I think I prefer the original so far.

Max Reebo in the Sail Barge? Awesome. :wub: I still need to catch up with the other Jabba sets though because I don't own any at the moment. The Gunship, while it looks the same, still looks nice and it's cool that we're finally getting some AOTC figures again. It's been what, 10 years since we've got any figures from that movie? I'll be looking forward to pictures of the other sets!

As happy as I am to learn we will for sure be getting a new barge I say the old one looks far better. Funny people argue about the angle of the front slope so much. They both keep a similar look to the film version. We all get what it is trying to be. The old one seems to have far more playability though. Fingers crossed the prelim pics are off as they have been in the past. Too many examples to point out from recent waves.

I'm also happy about the gunship. Been wanting one for a while and glad I didn't get one off ebay. Perhaps there is a "x2 or x3" under the clone figure. I know Lego has done this with some recent sets.

I think the AT-TE will be the big source for clones. I'm guessing a clone gunner, 3 clones, some sort of higher ranking clone and a Jedi.

Probably not, maybe 3 clones total at best. Look at the last AT-TE. 1 regular clone and Rex for a seriously undermanned walker. Hell even look at the new RGS, 1 regular clone as the pilot and a specialized clone commander. Lego really likes to underman large SW vehicles and expect you to buy some of their battlepacks.

I really hope you're right, the more clones, the merrier. LEGO has made it harder and harder the past few years for fans that like to army build. I for one would buy multiples of higher priced sets if there were more troops. If you want to man your vehicles/ships properly, go to Bricklink. LEGO doesn't want your money.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

Considering that previous battle packs (e. g. 8014) came up with 4 clones for occasionally EUR 7,86, I wouldn't consider the AT-TE a "big source of clones" even if it came up with 6 clones. Since it is pretty likely that the set will include droids as well (the other faction), I find it unlikely that the set will contain 6 clones.

TLC removed the possibility to get huge amounts of clones or other generic troopers for a relatively reasonable amount of money. So apparently, TLC no longer supports army building, which, to me, is a pitty.

Lego really likes to underman large SW vehicles and expect you to buy some of their battlepacks.

The point is that the recent battle pack 75000 cannot compensate the missing clone pilot in the new gunship, simply because 75000 doesn't contain a pilot.

The point is that the recent battle pack 75000 cannot compensate the missing clone pilot in the new gunship, simply because 75000 doesn't contain a pilot.

How do you know that there won't be a clone pilot the images of the gunship so far seem to be only preliminary images

You never know Lego may surprise you with one or two new pilots and a handful of clones

75023 Advent Calendar

75024 HH-87 Starhopper

75025 Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser