ZCerberus

Useful Pirate Pieces from other Themes?

Some time ago we were talking about palm trees. Recently i got the 77015 Temple of the golden Idol set and it contains this piece which i found to be very useful:

design-67361-teil-638lii1g.jpg

This piece is available in reddish brown since last year and it comes in only 3 sets so far. You can combine it with pieces like these two

design-51274-teil-632pcfyb.jpgdesign-65473-teil-632lxf0b.jpg

or regular 2x2 round bricks, etc. So you can create various curved palm trees. Only a straight tree is impossible. After using the new piece for a palm tree, i am quite happy with the result and to me it is the best looking palm tree we can have nowadays (without using the classic palm tree stem pieces).

13 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Some time ago we were talking about palm trees. Recently i got the 77015 Temple of the golden Idol set and it contains this piece which i found to be very useful:

design-67361-teil-638lii1g.jpg

This piece is available in reddish brown since last year and it comes in only 3 sets so far. You can combine it with pieces like these two

design-51274-teil-632pcfyb.jpgdesign-65473-teil-632lxf0b.jpg

or regular 2x2 round bricks, etc. So you can create various curved palm trees. Only a straight tree is impossible. After using the new piece for a palm tree, i am quite happy with the result and to me it is the best looking palm tree we can have nowadays (without using the classic palm tree stem pieces).

Ah, very nice!

I remember that top piece being used for palm trees in the Vidiyo app (for some of the digital "backgrounds"), so it's good that that comes in brown now so that you can do that physically.

45 minutes ago, zinnn said:

@Yperio_Bricks could you build a palm tree using this piece and take a few pics to show us how it looks in a Pirate setting?

Yep, i'll do it later today!

3 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yep, i'll do it later today!

Those are fun pieces for all sorts of trees :)

52006050730_143c996fd0_o.jpg

Left palm tree is using all three of the aforementioned pieces. The right tree uses just the big piece and one 2x2 round brick at the bottom and three 1x1 round bricks at the top.

img_0064sgjev7.jpg

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Left palm tree is using all three of the aforementioned pieces. The right tree uses just the big piece and one 2x2 round brick at the bottom and three 1x1 round bricks at the top.

img_0064sgjev7.jpg

The combo on the left doesn't effectively resemble a palm trees trunk, imo. I love what @evancelt suggested tho, I think these pieces could be more fitting to portray other kinds of trees like some old pines, willows maybe, that sorta stuff. But it might rather depend on the structure of the build itself, I guess, cuz the combo on the right looks just fine :thumbup:

Edited by F1stzz

I have enough of the new pieces to build two palm trees. That's two more than i can build with classic pieces. So i will happily use the new ones :pir_laugh2:

3 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

img_0064sgjev7.jpg

I dig it :) Nice job

13 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

The right tree uses just the big piece and one 2x2 round brick at the bottom and three 1x1 round bricks at the top.

I like them :thumbup: Could it work to use more 2x2 round bricks at the bottom to give the right tree more height without bending it before the top part?

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I like them :thumbup: Could it work to use more 2x2 round bricks at the bottom to give the right tree more height without bending it before the top part?

I think with more than 2 of the 2x2 round bricks the stem looks somewhat unnatural.

On 7/12/2023 at 12:16 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

6441034.jpg 6441034

Too bad they don't have it in the United States PAB yet:pir-bawling: But they have some of the others so I don't know if it's going to happen, No wait it is just out of stock for now :pir-triumph:

Edited by Rogue Redcoat

On 1/22/2023 at 5:43 AM, Jack Sassy said:

So... any ideas which faction of soldiers would best fit the new orange epaulettes?

Well if you like redcoats the 35th regiment of the British army had orange facings, so I guess the eppaulates could be used for that ;)

20 hours ago, Rogue Redcoat said:

Well if you like redcoats the 35th regiment of the British army had orange facings, so I guess the eppaulates could be used for that ;)

Ah, that would work. :pir-thumb: It would be perfect if we had a Redcoat torso with few orange details.

The orca is now at PAB if anyone is interested. It consists of 2 parts and costs a whooping 20€:

6434911.jpg6434911

6424567.jpg 6424567

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

The orca is now at PAB if anyone is interested. It consists of 2 parts and costs a whooping 20€:

Same price as the cheaper BL stores, however you can get GWP here, but with that price I think I will wait until the Majisto GWP before ordering them:wacko:

There are more animals listed now. I really like it and would get the turtle, but oh boy, the prices :ugh: The turtle is at 4,66€.

Don't know how useful the polar animals are in a pirate setting but I'll post them for completeness.

6440966.jpg 6440966

6434764.jpg 6434764

6434808.jpg 6434808

6434910.jpg 6434910

Those orange epaulettes are awful. Is there any chance we could see red ones from Eldorado on PaB? I once asked Lego about dark red ones (from advent calendar) and they said they will stop producing them after some time and they didnt show up on PaB.

Today hundreds of new parts have been added to PAB online. No minifig parts that are useful for pirates as far as i can see. Some more animals, like the big shark, another seal and turtle, stingray.

18 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Today hundreds of new parts have been added to PAB online. No minifig parts that are useful for pirates as far as i can see. Some more animals, like the big shark, another seal and turtle, stingray.

This head seems pretty piratical:

6vqBhlp.png

Unfortunately it's sold out currently.

9 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

This head seems pretty piratical:

You are right! My bad, i was naturally skipping yellow heads when i was browsing through the parts :pir_laugh2: I read that also the animals might sell out pretty fast. Like in minutes. But stuff will be back in stock later.

I have some warm tan heads on my list and will also order several of the torso with warm tan hands from the table soccer set. I guess it is the easiest way to get such hands?!

Edited by Yperio_Bricks