Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Third time this week, decide for yourself! :hmpf:
Seconded, I'm so tired of these decision threads... :hmpf_bad:

Geez, no need to be harsh.... I just want an honest opinion - which set looks better? I can't decide!

Okay, I'm looking into purchasing some coast guard sets and I need to know which is more favoured: Set 7726 (the Coast Guard Truck W/Speedboat) or set 7738 (the Coast Guard Helicopter W/Life Raft). They cost the same, so I want to know which one has the best playibility and which is the best to look at.
I just want an honest opinion - which set looks better? I can't decide!

Let me give you abit of advice, on these both sets. :classic:

Before you decide to purchase between both sets, I believe you have an answer/decision deep within your heart. It does not matter how or what others think. It matters what you really think. Our opnions do not matter most. Most importantly, it's your own opnion that matters.

If you are seeking opnions, I will advice to get both sets if possible. :wink:

Why is that so? Because I will get it for "completeness". If I ever decide to focus onto one particular theme or sub-theme, I must make sure I will complete the entire series. It's a weird habit of mine. I just love my LEGO to be in complete series.

Coast Guard sets are pretty good, and fun to play with. Able to match in very well, with any LEGO Town, that has a harbour, marina and beach. We need Coast Guards to make sure they are in safe hands. :sweet:

If I have to really make a choice, I will choose the 7738, Coast Guard Helicopter & Life Raft. The helicopter is the main highlight. It is a big helicopter with a very wide cockpit, with 2 mini-figs sitting at the navigation controls. Furthermore, the lift raft is an unique design. You don't always see a heavy duty helicopter circling around. I had seen the actual set, and it looks real sturdy and good for display.

On the other hand, the 7726, Coast Guard Truck with Speed Boat is pretty common. I had seen quite alot of speedboats. Although, it looks much sleek, but I feel that the helicopter has the better advantage. What I like about this set, is the doors and its equipment loaded at the back of the truck.

To conculde, whatever you choose to buy. It's your decision. Above are just my honest opnions. I hope it will be of help to you in any form. :classic:

Hi, I want to buy a few sets from ebay and I want to know which ones buy so I want to know which is better the Mos Espa Podrace 7171 or the old MTT 7184? I always want the old MTT :cry_sad: even if I own the new one but the pods look so cool too, so for which go?

though its really your dicision in the end, IMO i think you should get the pods simply because they are better designed than the MTT, the only thing the old MTT is good for is old brown.

Hey mate, just letting you know, you last thread wasn't deleted, it was just put into the 'what set should i buy' thread over in community - mods and admins prefer all 'what set should i buy' questions to go there.

Your last topic (same as this one) was moved to here

:classic:

Edited by legoman

Oh thanks legoman :sweet: . Oh yeah I enter in the morning and saw nothing so I just do another topic :blush: . Thanks for everyone who reply I think I will get the pod set and someone can close this please, I don

Edited by darkrebellion

Thanks for everyone replies :thumbup::classic::tongue: . I now will go with the pods :cry_happy: . After look around some pics of the pod set it look so cool after all and the pod of Sebulba is one of the most detailed minifig models if you look at it close.

PODS ON!

The Management (Wifey Bat) has given me £20 she made off flogging a phone on eBay and (of course) I'm going to send it on Lego. I was in Woolworth's this afternoon and saw 7733 Truck & Forklift for £19.99 and 7998 Classic Truck for £17.49. I stood there for ages looking at both boxes but could not decide which to get...

Lots of good reasons for either of them but just couldn't make up my mind. 7998 is a much bigger box and is a bigger set but would have to be relagated to my building site with the other outsized vehicles. It is also discontinued so should I grab it whole I can? However, 7733 is a better City/Town scale and comes with a forklift and some cool accessories and a great looking minifig driver...

Not an easy choice although I think I am leaning towards 7733 for the scalibility, accessories and extra minifig.

Thoughts and opinions please before I go back to town tomorrow...

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

7998 might be useful beacuse you can put smaller sets in those 2 huge "tipper buckets". But it didn't have much appeal to me.

While, as soon as I saw some pics of 7733 I thought I wanted one. And now I own it. Oh, and building was king of challenging (read here).

Yeah so right now I can buy one large Lego set. I really can't decide whether to wait and buy the new AT-TE/RGS or go ahead and order the AT-AT.

Although I know you cannot choose for me, you can atleast tell me what a smart choice would be. Since it's a little less than a week before the new sets come out, I hope you can see how hard a decision it maybe.

If i went ahead and bought the new sets, I'd have to wait and buy the other later. So, what are the chances of them discontinuing the AT-AT, or the RGS or AT-TE becoming hard to get?

Well, help would be nice. :]

Hey guys! Should I buy a Playstation 3 or a dinosaur skull? :tongue:

Hey guys! Should I buy a Playstation 3 or a dinosaur skull? :tongue:

PS3. I love mine. By the way, I have a PSP now; pehaps I should call myself PSPwalrus. :grin:

Yeah get a PS3.

Oh and if anyone missed my post. I kind of need to make a decision quick. Sorry.

Yeah so right now I can buy one large Lego set. I really can't decide whether to wait and buy the new AT-TE/RGS or go ahead and order the AT-AT.

Although I know you cannot choose for me, you can atleast tell me what a smart choice would be. Since it's a little less than a week before the new sets come out, I hope you can see how hard a decision it maybe.

If i went ahead and bought the new sets, I'd have to wait and buy the other later. So, what are the chances of them discontinuing the AT-AT, or the RGS or AT-TE becoming hard to get?

Well, help would be nice. :]

So, what are the chances of them discontinuing the AT-AT, or the RGS or AT-TE becoming hard to get?

If you really want the AT-AT then buy it now. I think it will be gone in six months. I have the set and I like it.

i suggest you get the 7998 since it's been discontinued and was only available for a short period of time. the 7733 will be here to stay at least until the end of the year. :)

A tough decision...

7733 is a better set. I did an image review a few months ago if you care to see some close-up images: 7733 Truck & Forklift.

I actually took back 7998 in exchange for the fire boat (before opening). I wanted it for my Seaport Harbor (but that's another topic). You would be getting 7998 at a better value if you decide to go this route, and could always pick up 7733 later.

If you only plan to buy one; however, I would go with 7733.

Good luck and let us know what you end up buying - I'm curious.

The 7998 Heavy Hauler is massive, far too big for my liking. I love the 7733 Truck and Forklift though. That forklift is great. :laugh: And you get 2 of those cool new crates in dark bley.

~Peace

Thanks for the tips guys and for pointing me to that review. I think that I'm going to go with 7733. I will let you know once I have done it (because I might change my mind again once I actually get to the shop!). :wink:

Thanks also to whoever moved my ramblings to the correct topic! :blush:

Cheers

Rog

I'm looking to buy a quick set under $30. What sounds good?

Note: I haven't bought many sets in a while so anything is good. :tongue:

NewRight:

Harley Quinn Hammer

Thanks for the tips guys and for pointing me to that review. I think that I'm going to go with 7733. I will let you know once I have done it (because I might change my mind again once I actually get to the shop!). :wink:

I'd go with 7733 too; the pieces are far more useful. (I have both sets.)

Thanks also to whoever moved my ramblings to the correct topic! :blush:

It was me. We're just trying to keep them all in one place; just like the "What I bought today" topic.

not really a what should i buy question, because i already bought them, but what should i do with the 2nd one.

one of my 8157 orders is on its way here from Australia, should be arriving next week. The other is arriving next month thanks to a good friend.

should i:

1.) build both for Massa and Raikkonen

2.) build one, keep one MISB

3.) get a third one in the far distant future <<< my only worry here is that it might get too expensive if i wait too long.