Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Humm Too expensive for me...

and this sin't the right folder I think... The sell and trade one should be more appropriate

I'd get it. It would be even better if you can bargain for it. Looking at the BL prices, it seems like an okay deal. It is a cool model too, so it's kinda a win-win situation.

Thank you for your replies.

I've decided not to get it as my LEGO budget is heavily stressed already. And I don't really like the set itself.

Cheers,

funkybrick

/I decided I need some SW love. But money is limited so I should choose between 8086 and 8099.

Hmm...do you like to display them, or do you have little tea parties with them play with them? :grin:

Hi there,

I have just ordered today the Grand Emporium. I should receive it next tuesday.

I have completed yesterday/today the 1st floor of the fire brigade at about 1am. :laugh:

As the Café Corner and the Market street have disappeared from the catalog, my street will be uncompleted forever. :cry_sad:

I'm looking forward to the next modular building.

Cheers,

Fred.

Edited by Pazoozoo

Hi,

the title says it all already. I found the UCS Batmobile new and sealed in a toystore today.

It costs 70€, but maybe I could get it a little cheaper, as it boasts pretty heavy shelfware. The seals are intact though, even if almost not intact :wink:

I need your opinions now. Should I buy it?

I am not much into Bat-Man, so I'd probably use it as a parts pack. Selling would also be an option if I can make good profit.

So guys, is it a good offer? Let's discuss.

Cheers,

funkybrick

I have merged your discussion topic in here.

WhiteFang

8404 public transport is on sale at TRU.

Should I get this or order MMV online? :classic:

MMV with no doubt. It is a much better set and will probably be discontinued soon. Public Transport will be available for quite a long time and really is not that special a set.

MMV with no doubt. It is a much better set and will probably be discontinued soon. Public Transport will be available for quite a long time and really is not that special a set.

I agree, MMV is a classic!

8404 public transport is on sale at TRU.

Should I get this or order MMV online? :classic:

You sholud buy the MMV, it will probably be discontinued soon, whereas Public Transport will probably be available for quite some time.

~buddy~

Quick question, my friends... I feel a purchase coming on. Do I go with 7947 Prison Tower Rescue, the 7207 Fire Boat, or do I save up funds for the 8404 Public Transport? I must admit, I'm not entirely sure about the Public Transport, but I'm trying to convince myself to stick within the realm of City... but at the same time I'm just a big fan of Dragon Knights. Any suggestions to either side of the argument?

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Quick question, my friends... I feel a purchase coming on. Do I go with 7947 Prison Tower Rescue, the 7207 Fire Boat, or do I save up funds for the 8404 Public Transport? I must admit, I'm not entirely sure about the Public Transport, but I'm trying to convince myself to stick within the realm of City... but at the same time I'm just a big fan of Dragon Knights. Any suggestions to either side of the argument?

I'd say get the Prison Tower, and save up for the Public Transport later. I'd say skip the boat, since it won't really fit in to a City layout, and that there is a new fire boat every 3 years :tongue:

8404 is a good set, but I have a feeling it will be around for a while :classic:

I say get 7947. :classic:

A business trip has brought me close to a Lego store this week. I've been contemplating MMV, the Winter Toy Shop, and the Winter Bakery. My children and I have quite a bit of City, because that is what I played with as a child and initially that was what interested my son (the oldest of my two children at 5 years old). Lately my son has shown an interest in the Kingdom sets as well, but only has a few of the knights and no buildings yet.

Even as a City collector, MMV has had a certain appeal. The buildings could certainly be in an older section of a Lego Town, and there are lots of great parts like animals and food that City seems to be lacking. Not to mention a Lego City could even have a Renaissance Fair using the entire set. If my son continues to be interested in Kingdom, I think MMV offers as much if not more play value than a Castle for the same price.

On the other hand, this is the second year for the Toy Shop, and it could certainly quickly disappear like it did last year. It's a neat little set, and at some level the idea of putting out a small Lego village for the Holidays is more appealing than putting out ceramic buildings like some people do. However, I also have my reservations. As much as I'd like to pull it out only for the Holidays, I can't see a Lego set sitting in a box for 11 months each year. Yet, in my mind it isn't always winter in my Lego City (if it was, I think the surfers and Lifeguards might be a bit chilly in bathing suits). So how much use would these sets get outside of the Holidays?

I'm stuck, on the one hand I'd love to buy one or both Winter sets in case this is their last appearance and in case I decide I want a Lego Holiday display... but on the other hand MMV is such a wonderful set that is probably not going to last forever. What would you do? Winter set (or sets), or MMV?

I'd say get the Prison Tower, and save up for the Public Transport later. I'd say skip the boat, since it won't really fit in to a City layout, and that there is a new fire boat every 3 years :tongue:

8404 is a good set, but I have a feeling it will be around for a while :classic:

I say get 7947. :classic:

I like both 7947 and 8404 but I'd say get 7947. :classic:

Thanks gentlemen... certainly you've all confirmed what I think I already knew-- there's a handful of Dragon Knights that are finally going to find a home. Aaaaahhhhh :cry_happy: Maybe once they get settled, there'll be some princesses to torture or some burning sulfur to pour on the enemy... :blush: Man, I promised I wouldn't get emotional, but...

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

A business trip has brought me close to a Lego store this week. I've been contemplating MMV, the Winter Toy Shop, and the Winter Bakery.

I'm stuck, on the one hand I'd love to buy one or both Winter sets in case this is their last appearance and in case I decide I want a Lego Holiday display... but on the other hand MMV is such a wonderful set that is probably not going to last forever. What would you do? Winter set (or sets), or MMV?

I own all three sets that you are contemplating, and you would definitely be correct about the winter sets sitting in a box for 11 months. They do look slightly awkward near normal town buildings. The MMV is an incredibly versatile set, and could be used in Pirates (PoTC now..), Castle, and Town. In regards to the disappearance of the winter sets, I don't believe that will be happening this year. I bought the Winter Toy Shop last year on it's original run, and I'm almost positive they were sold out in October within weeks after being released. If I had to guess, this will be the last run of Winter Toy Shop, but they may bring back the Backery next year. MMV will probably be discontinued soon, and since it's a higher price, it will be more inflated on eBay, etc.

Lavatraz is going on sale this holiday season, but its still not THAT affordable. What gets me is that the only thing in the set that interests me is the wicked vending machine. I don't know if I should get it if I only want the vending machine which I calculated to be 37 pieces + a sticker.

Another set that I find something interesting in is the City House. Its 35 USD now, but the only part of the set I want is the tree house along with the kid mini-fig that I can put in it. I don't know if I should get it just for the tree house. I don't like the entire set partially because I live in an apartment and if I get both Lavatraz and City House, it's going to take up a lot of space.

Some other sets that I actually want because of the set:

Pizza Planet Rescue: should I get it because it's probably going to be gone next year?

Harry Potter Quidditch: Is this set popular enough that I won't be able to get it later?

Plo-koon Starfighter: same question as the Quidditch set ^^^

I'd get the City House set, since all you want from Lavatraz is the vending machine. As for the three sets you listed at the bottom, they will all go up in price by a lot since they are all licensed sets.

I'd get the City House set, since all you want from Lavatraz is the vending machine. As for the three sets you listed at the bottom, they will all go up in price by a lot since they are all licensed sets.

Man, I wish Lego could make the vending machine into a Poly-bag that has just the vending machine.

...they will all go up by a lot? by how much is a lot?

Man, I wish Lego could make the vending machine into a Poly-bag that has just the vending machine.

...they will all go up by a lot? by how much is a lot?

Since you know how the vending machine, can't you just get the parts and make it?

As for the price hikes, I think the Harry Potter set will go up the most, but I'm not sure by how much. The other two won't go up as much since there aren't many exclusive figures, but the prices will go up by some amount.

Since you know how the vending machine, can't you just get the parts and make it?

As for the price hikes, I think the Harry Potter set will go up the most, but I'm not sure by how much. The other two won't go up as much since there aren't many exclusive figures, but the prices will go up by some amount.

I think out of all the sets I've listed, I'm only getting myself one of those 5. Out of the bunch, Lavatraz is discounted the most, 12 USDs, and I've ruled out Plo-koon and the City House because it's going to snow sooner or later and the tree house is just not going to work.

I already have the 7848 ToysRUs City Truck and was wondering since I already have that, is there a point to getting 3221 Lego City Truck or is it somewhat pointless to get 3221? I realize that the difference between the two are the colour it comes in, the mini ToysRUs store and employee minifigure, while the 3221 has more of those mini Lego sets to accompany it.