Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

I'd get the lighthouse set of the two creator ones, but the Alien conquest copter is another good set to think about getting.

I'd get the lighthouse set of the two creator ones, but the Alien conquest copter is another good set to think about getting.

Yeah, I was thinking about the lighthouse one... Any reasons for why that one is better? I'm not too fussed about gimmicky pieces like the light brick. As for the Alien Conquest stuff, I'll definitely pick some up if I see it in a store somewhere

Hello everyone

This Saturday since Lego in the UK is offering 15% off I'm going down to pick Palpatines Arrest. However I'm looking for a small set to go along with it. Here's the boxes the other set must tick

1. Must under £30 ( however I will consider sets over this)

2. Must be star wars.

I already have the New Dessert Skiff and the Droid escape.

Thanks everyone :classic:

Hello everyone

This Saturday since Lego in the UK is offering 15% off I'm going down to pick Palpatines Arrest. However I'm looking for a small set to go along with it. Here's the boxes the other set must tick

2. Must be star wars.

7929 The Battle of Naboo is a surprisingly nice little set, in spite of the Battle Droids and Gungans. A nice little vehicle thats a really fun build. 12 minifigs in all (2 really nice Gungams and 10 Battle Droids). all for $24.99 US assuming you can't find it for less on sale.

7957 Sith Nightspeeder, Something a bit different. The vehicle is unusual with a lot of neat parts. Weird angles and such. Some absolutely fantastic minifigs. The only reasonable way to get Ventris these days. The only fig of Savage Opress (Darth Mauls brother from TCW), who looks really great in Lego form, and a decent CW Anakin. $24.99

8092 Lukes Landspeeder. A little more old school in design, but a nice compliment to the Droid escape. Luke, Obiwan, C3PO, R2D2 and a Sandtrooper with a little spybot thingy. Nice little set. $24.99

9491 Genosian Cannon. The cannon is meh to look at but has some great parts. The figs are wonderful if you like TCW subjects. Barriss Offee, Comander Gree, a Winged Genosian and a ZOMBIE WINGED GENOSIAN. The set is worth it for the figs alone. $19.99

Hello everyone

2. Must be star wars.

2 battle packs of your preference, or one of each?

Can't have too many army builders! :classic:

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting back into Lego after a considerable absence from the hobby (seeing the potential Portal Lego got me interested again).

Now, I've been thinking of which set to get as my first, and I was wondering what your suggestions might be.

The modular buildings may be gorgeous, but they're completely out of my price range - below 50 euro would be good.

My main choice is probably between the seaside house and the lighthoue island (can't really remember the exact names), I like sets that are compact and detailed, have minifigs, and have several official instructions in the same set.

I do enjoy the themes as well, the alien conquest stuff looks fun, but I hear it's OOP. The other themes that I like I'm mostly waiting on (Hobbit sets, Iron Man 3, Dark Knight Rises, etc.)

So what do you guys think? Any suggestions for me? Thanks!

of the two I would say the Lighthouse. It's just a very striking looking piece that really looks good and stands out on a shelf. It remains one of my favorites.

Agree with Faefrost. The new Seaside House is a charming little set and a fun build, but it's no challenge to the picturesque beauty of the Lighthouse Island. Probably my favorite of all the Creator sets so far...

I reckon 8077 Atlantis Exploration HQ is your best bet. It doesn't really match colour schemes but it is the best out there.

Edited by Wall E2624

What do you think is a better buy, the new Ninjago Brickmaster book or Lasha's Bite Cycle? The book is $5 cheaper on Amazon right now, but also inludes 95 less pieces. Both come with the exact same figs and about the same amount of textured bricks. I'm not really interested in the models themselves, just the figs and parts. The Bite Cycle sounds like the better deal right now, but I figured I'd ask for you guys' opinions before making any final decisions.

What would be a good vehicle and/or headquarter like facility for the new series 8 diver?

Well, the S8 diver is an old-school deep sea diver, so there's not really any vehicle/HQ that would suit him except maybe a somewhat old-looking ship, but I can't think of any current sets that would do the job. However, I would recommend the City of Atlantis, not only because it is a great set, but also because you could have the diver explore the temple instead of the two Atlantis divers. Or if you want a real HQ for him, you could get the Marina, modify the cafe into a divers headquarter, and have him dive off of the dinghy.

@Oky: I'd say the Bite Cycle, definitely. The pieces in that set just seem more useful than those in the Brickmaster, especially those SNOT bricks.

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

What would be a good vehicle and/or headquarter like facility for the new series 8 diver?

For a scene, the City of Atlantis, with all of its underwater ruins to walk around.

For a boat? Maybe some of the Agents stuff. 8636 Deep Sea Quest has a sub that probably better matches him then the Atlantis theme stuff, and it has a more old school fishing or dive boat that would look a lot better with him than any of the modern sleek city themed powerboats.

Edited by Faefrost

Well, I still haven't spent that money I put aside.... So, straight up, HAUNTED HOUSE or TOWN HALL?? I'm not a modular guy but am a City Layout builder. So whatever I get will stand out... I'm torn, and curious about both!

Hmm very tough one for me. If you own any of the other modulars, I say get town hall. Otherwise get the amazing haunted house. honestly though you need to get both. They will both be legends 5 years from now

Well, I still haven't spent that money I put aside.... So, straight up, HAUNTED HOUSE or TOWN HALL?? I'm not a modular guy but am a City Layout builder. So whatever I get will stand out... I'm torn, and curious about both!

Okay so I have saved eneough money to blow on a new set. Which set do you recommend for the best eol(end of life) value. Mind you I own atleast 2 of each of the following. Maersk train set, any of the current modulars, tower bridge, ucs r2-d2, helms deep, haunted house, vw van, sopwith camel, unimog, 4x4 crawler,the shuttle expedition, and or anything I missed that you might recommend? I love them all but am considering the maersk cause I have not built it yet. I do have the emerald night which does prevent me from wanting to build the maersk but if its not gonna be worth as much as something else I can hold off.

Mr. Elijah Timms

If minifigures are of no consequence, then the main question becomes: Do you want dark orange or sand green bricks to build with? I plan on getting both, so I cannot be of much help, but as much as I love the Haunted House for what it is, I much prefer Modular buildings in a nice downtown layout, so I would probably keep the Town Hall built and MOC the Haunted House. But that's just me.

I really don't know where to beginn, I have far too less money but far too many things on my "to buy" list... so i looked at the things I really want and this is what I came up with:

10193 Medieval Market Village

10223 Kingdoms Joust

Any of the LOTR Sets (I only have Gandalf Arrives at the moment)

I think most of you will tell me to get the MMV right?

I really don't know where to beginn, I have far too less money but far too many things on my "to buy" list... so i looked at the things I really want and this is what I came up with:

10223 Kingdoms Joust

MMV for sure!

It'll be gone soon :classic:

10223 Kingdoms Joust

Absolutely MMV is the best of that list by far.

Okay so I have saved eneough money to blow on a new set. Which set do you recommend for the best eol(end of life) value. Mind you I own atleast 2 of each of the following. Maersk train set, any of the current modulars, tower bridge, ucs r2-d2, helms deep, haunted house, vw van, sopwith camel, unimog, 4x4 crawler,the shuttle expedition, and or anything I missed that you might recommend? I love them all but am considering the maersk cause I have not built it yet. I do have the emerald night which does prevent me from wanting to build the maersk but if its not gonna be worth as much as something else I can hold off.

You need to get 10223 Joust. Especially since you get 2 of most sets, this looks really good doubled.

10223 Kingdoms Joust

Definitely go with 10193 MMV. It's been out for a few years now and it probably won't be around much longer. Next would be 10223 Joust. It's a very cool set that has the sought after Black Falcon shield(s).

Hello everyone, I need suggestions!

I’m fairly careful when I make the leap to buy bigger sets—well unless its superheroes, I just kind of throw myself at them—anyways, after seeing the great review of the new Collectable minifigures line, I’ve fallen in love with the Alien Villainess. She looks great, and while I don’t have her yet (Hurry up Toy’s R Us, bring out the new line already!)—I do plan on buying her, among others.

Basically, since I like her look so much, I’ve started looking at the Alien Conquest line which she’s based on—yes a little late right? Well the more I look at the line, which is almost gone on shelves now, the more I like them. I just picked up a small set on clearance, and I’m in love with the alien figures.

I’m big on deals (Caus you know I’m a broke college kid—it’s what we do), and so to my surprise I see the Alien Mothership at a great discount on Amazon—with free shipping—it’s basically $40 now. (Though surprisingly I can still find it at K-Mart for $65 or whatever). I like the look of it, and I’d love to expand it with smaller alien sets I can find on discount, as well as an Alien Villainess—but I’m not sure if I want to take the leap? It looks cool—and is very big, but there’ only two figures and would require moding. Is the Alien Mothership worth it—even at discount?

I’m fairly careful when I make the leap to buy bigger sets—well unless its superheroes, I just kind of throw myself at them—anyways, after seeing the great review of the new Collectable minifigures line, I’ve fallen in love with the Alien Villainess. She looks great, and while I don’t have her yet (Hurry up Toy’s R Us, bring out the new line already!)—I do plan on buying her, among others.

Basically, since I like her look so much, I’ve started looking at the Alien Conquest line which she’s based on—yes a little late right? Well the more I look at the line, which is almost gone on shelves now, the more I like them. I just picked up a small set on clearance, and I’m in love with the alien figures.

I’m big on deals (Caus you know I’m a broke college kid—it’s what we do), and so to my surprise I see the Alien Mothership at a great discount on Amazon—with free shipping—it’s basically $40 now. (Though surprisingly I can still find it at K-Mart for $65 or whatever). I like the look of it, and I’d love to expand it with smaller alien sets I can find on discount, as well as an Alien Villainess—but I’m not sure if I want to take the leap? It looks cool—and is very big, but there’ only two figures and would require moding. Is the Alien Mothership worth it—even at discount?

The Alien Mothership is a weird piece. It is big, kind of awkward and only has two figs, and not a lot of play features. But by the same token, once you get it in your hands it is an Oddly compelling set. It just feels cool, and the sound function is way more entertaining than it should be. It's a great set at $40.

If you are falling in love with the AC stuff I strongly recommend getting a 7066 Earth Defense HQ. it is by far the best set of the line, the best Lego Space theme set in almost a generation, and one of their all time overall great sets. Everything about just works. From the ton of details and play features of the truck itself, to the Vic Viper inspired fighter, to the Alien Saucer to the unique to the set minifigs. (ADF Scientist, Female ADF Pilot and Alien Cyborg)

For the smaller sets, the 7052 UFO Abduction is also a great little set.

While I don't have the mothership set, I've got a few others, all of the sets in the line are pretty great.