Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

But it also comes with the new horse, so I think the price is justified.

The cart itself can be rebuilt a wooden race car for Frodo. With an opening cockpit, and compartment to carry vegetables :grin:

Edited by SheepEater

Hi

I've been thinking of buying Gandalf Arrives or Shelob Attacks as one of my first LOTR sets. Which do you think is better? I like the horse and Gandalf for the first set and for "Shelob Attacks" I like Shelob because she has a string and there's Gollum and Sam who are exclusive...

(Sorry for posting a new topic, but I can't find the "Which Set Should I buy" topic.)

Merged this topic to the existing topic.

I'm having trouble deciding between city sets. I already have the Mine, but I'm interested in getting the Harbor, 4440 Forest Police Station or 4207 City Garage. I can only get two of them however. I don't know if the harbor is too similar to the MIne however, because of the crane. All of these sets offer playability, which is what I look for most in a set.

Please help me out, thanks

Thanks for your help. Any other answers? :thumbup:

Between Shelob Attacks and Gandolf Arrives, Shelob attacks wins hands down. Shelob Attacks comes with 3 golden rings, 2 of Frodo's sword Sting, Golum, and Sam. I think there's a nice spider in that set as well. :laugh:

You also get the light of Earendil, but it's just a clear gem.

Edited by sharky

So many choices, yet so little money.

I have set a budget for my Seattle trip to $200. What should I get? I really want the GE to go with my FB. But then there is the Shuttle Expedition along with the VW Camper. The R2-D2 looks cool too.

I have set a budget for my Seattle trip to $200. What should I get? I really want the GE to go with my FB. But then there is the Shuttle Expedition along with the VW Camper. The R2-D2 looks cool too.

Go with the GE so that you can get more of a theme going. Unless of course you have other Star Wars UCS sets, then R2 would work.

With the list you have, I'd really get both 10211 Grand Emporium and 10225 R2-D2. I really can't decide on the two, they're both such great sets. But, if I had to choose one, I suppose I'd go with 10211 just because it's going first.

Only 2 SW sets in total. Not a SW fan, but got the two on sale. But the R2-D2 is iconic and makes such a great display piece. But GE it is! I would love to continue my modular street and (hoping) to get the PS for my birthday in August!

Only 2 SW sets in total. Not a SW fan, but got the two on sale. But the R2-D2 is iconic and makes such a great display piece. But GE it is! I would love to continue my modular street and (hoping) to get the PS for my birthday in August!

Certainly can't fault you for that, the Modulars are awesome. I would get 10225 ASAP! It is such a great and fun build. Seeing him come into being brick by brick was so much fun. :laugh:

Well, I have $160 dollars to spend on a new set. I was going to buy the QAR. However, I was thinking about saving it in case TLG comes out with a new POTC set. And I was wondering if the Euro-bricks community thinks if TLG is going to come out with a new POTC set or not. :classic:

-Commander Law

Well.. I found an image of a list of sets or something.. There was a set called "The Flying Dutchman v.s. The Kraken" coming out, but the set number was 8805, which is the same number as Minifigures Series 5. The actual image was to show how much the Olympic figs were going to be. The Dutchman set was below it. I'll edit my post to show the post.

EDIT: The last post on the page is the post I'm speaking of. Clicky!

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

This discussion more likely belongs to the Pirate forum, but the question has probably already been debated in the POTC theme thread. Please look over there for member input. I will merge this with the Which set should I buy? topic shortly.

Well, I have $160 dollars to spend on a new set. I was going to buy the QAR. However, I was thinking about saving it in case TLG comes out with a new POTC set. And I was wondering if the Euro-bricks community thinks if TLG is going to come out with a new POTC set or not. :classic:

-Commander Law

I don't think they'll be releasing any more POTC sets. I would save up $40 more and buy QAR and Whitecap Bay (they go well together).

Costs aside, would I be better off getting Captain America's Avenging Cycle or Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape?

Costs aside, would I be better off getting Captain America's Avenging Cycle or Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape?

The Loki set has three main characters and pretty cool vehicle so I would get that :classic:

The Loki set has three main characters and pretty cool vehicle so I would get that :classic:

Gotcha, thanks. :)

Should I get The Black Pearl or Brickbeard's Bounty?

Black Pearl. I think POTC minifigs are more life-like and detailed. And personally I like the ship better too, it's more sleek and elegant. It really just depends if you prefer POTC or Classic Pirates though.

It really just depends if you prefer POTC or Classic Pirates though.

I agree. However, if it was me I would go for the Brickbeard's Bounty. :bonaparte:

Black Pearl. I think POTC minifigs are more life-like and detailed. And personally I like the ship better too, it's more sleek and elegant. It really just depends if you prefer POTC or Classic Pirates though.

I ended up getting the Brickbeard Bounty, because of the more cartoonish look to go with my Nesquik Rabbit figure. Thanks everyone!

I ended up getting the Brickbeard Bounty, because of the more cartoonish look to go with my Nesquik Rabbit figure. Thanks everyone!

Good choice! Also, I like the color of Brickbeard's Bounty oppose to the all black, Black Pearl. But that's just me. :grin: