Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Well, if you like/have/want droids, Windus JSF is good since you get 2 STAPS. I know a lot of people don't care much for them, but I like them, and his is alright. It could use a little more color though.

Currently I'm leaning towards getting Mace's Starfighter. (So I have all of this years "The Clone Wars" sets)

When I was in TRU the other day I saw that Raw Jaw fella, Masked. He looks pretty cool and I was debating with myself whether or not to get it. I'm nit into Bionicle/Hero Factory, not my cup of tea.

Hey guys!

So I've recently received a £15 Amazon Voucher and I have every intention spending it on LEGO, but I'm not sure what I should do.

The way I see it, I have three options:

1) Spend it now.

These are the sets I'd buy if going with this option:

* 6918 Blacksmith Attack + 2516 Ninja Training Outpost (x2)

or

* 2508 Blacksmith's Shop

2) Save it up for a larger set.

Like 2509 Earth Dragon Defense or 2507 Skull Truck.

3) Save it for next year's sets.

The only problem with this option is that I'm not sure what next year's sets will be like, and what I've heard so far about next year doesn't really float my boat.

Bluebeard, out-

Many thanks to ur post. I love it.

[snipped spam link]

This spam has been reported.

Capt. Bluebeard, if you're willing to wait, I think that'd be the best option. Wait until you know you don't want what's coming up. I'm pretty sure those sets you listed are new and won't be discontinued any time soon.

So I am deciding picking among..

Grand Emporium,

Pet shop, or

Wait to see the 7th modular.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

:tongue:

This is a toughie, I really like both modulars. Is this a matter of one or the other, or which first? They both are great stand alone sets, but of course, they all look great together. If you're the MOC type, I'd go with the Pet Shop. Better assortment of colors than in the GE. I would recommend, if you can afford to, that is, to get both. If it's between one, I'd go with the Pet Shop.

Well, since the votes are overwhelmingly in support of the Imperial Flagship, it looks so obvious now. default_classic.gif

I'm also looking at another set, but I'm not sure if it's a fair comparison. Would you the Imperial Flagship or the Shuttle Adventure?

I recently got both the Imperial Flagship and the Shuttle Adventure. The Flagship was a more challenging build and is probably more playable, but I was very happy to get the Shuttle as a way of remembering the actual Space Shuttle. Building the Shuttle at the same time as watching footage of Atlantis coming into land for the last time was pretty cool.

What to do...what to do...

I'm in a tug of war of which sets to get. Assuming they(Lego store) still has 2260 Ice Dragon Attack, I'll be getting that to finish off my dragon collection. But, I'm torn on which other 2 to get. At the moment, it's between:

10198 Tantive IV

10231 Shuttle Adventure

19219 Maersk Train

I'm not a big train collector, but I like everything about that set. Shuttle Adventure would make for a great show piece. Tantive is such an iconic ship. I don't know what to do?!

So I've recently received a £15 Amazon Voucher and I have every intention spending it on LEGO, but I'm not sure what I should do.

The only problem with this option is that I'm not sure what next year's sets will be like, and what I've heard so far about next year doesn't really float my boat.

Bluebeard, out-

You did the LoveFilm free trial, didn't you?? :tongue:

If I were you, I'd spend it now, there's always the risk that you'll dislike next year's sets.. however, if the voucher is valid for some time, you can just wait until something that catches your fancy comes along.

Edited by Roger Rabbit

What to do...what to do...

I'm in a tug of war of which sets to get. Assuming they(Lego store) still has 2260 Ice Dragon Attack, I'll be getting that to finish off my dragon collection. But, I'm torn on which other 2 to get. At the moment, it's between:

10198 Tantive IV

10231 Shuttle Adventure

19219 Maersk Train

I'm not a big train collector, but I like everything about that set. Shuttle Adventure would make for a great show piece. Tantive is such an iconic ship. I don't know what to do?!

I think I can pretty confidently that the Tantive IV, while a very nice set, is the worst of the three. I'd go for Shuttle Adventure if you're not a train fan.

A local hobby shop/toy store that's down the road from me has a great Lego selection. From time to time older sets appear and I'm not quite sure where they get them from. I know they have a warehouse somewhere so I guess they dig through it every once in a while and bring this stuff in. Over the summer I found some Indiana Jones sets there and that was a nice find. Today I noticed they had the following lines in...

Space Police- almost every set

Power Miners- about 3 different sets

Speed Racer- 8160 Cruncher Block and Racer X

A ton of Technic sets- too many to name but dated as far back as 2006.

The prices are standard retail and I'm really leaning towards the Racer X set( that one is on sale for $10 off making it $30). I didn't take down all the set numbers but for these lines as old as they are what do you think would be the best to pick up?

Also, if there is already a thread for this type of thing I apologize in advance.

Edited by 22kane

This should really go here.

If I were you, I'd go with Space Police.

Trust me; I missed out on Space Police and am now kicking myself for having done so.

Bluebeard, out-

This should really go here.

Ah yes. I knew I had seen a post like this. If any MOD would like to move this... Sorry for the inconvenience.

I just read the recent review on the Space Police Limo. I may pick that up.

I think I can pretty confidently that the Tantive IV, while a very nice set, is the worst of the three. I'd go for Shuttle Adventure if you're not a train fan.

I agree.

And 22kane, I think the Space Police would be the best IMO.

I have a debacle. Should I get...

1. 10188 The Death Star. (I'm leaning towards this but it seems like a lot of money to spend on one set.)

2 $260 USD on a lot of summer sets and BL orders.

Thanks in advance.

1. 10188 The Death Star. (I'm leaning towards this but it seems like a lot of money to spend on one set.)

Thanks in advance.

Depends on if you are OT fan or a PT/CW fan if the summer sets you mean are from Starwars since most of the summer sets are PT/OT..

Thanks in advance.

If I were you, and you were just saving $260 for SW sets, I'd get the first option, since none of the SW summer sets are worth their prices.

Depends on if you are OT fan or a PT/CW fan if the summer sets you mean are from Starwars since most of the summer sets are PT/OT..

I'm a big fan of all Star Wars but mostly OT.

If I were you, and you were just saving $260 for SW sets, I'd get the first option, since none of the SW summer sets are worth their prices.

I wouldn't buy just Star Wars sets because I have most of them and the ones left I don't want that much.

But now thinking about it, I'm going with the Death Star. Thanks for the advice. :sweet:

Just thought I would add that ToysRUs is giving $40 off $150 Lego purchase from Sep. 4 to 10th.

Think this is the time for me to pick up the Red Cargo Train.

Space Police- almost every set

Power Miners- about 3 different sets

Speed Racer- 8160 Cruncher Block and Racer X

A ton of Technic sets- too many to name but dated as far back as 2006.

I would go for Space Police, specifically Hyperspeed Pursuit or Lunar Limo. I'm still sad that I never picked up any of the great SP3 ships.

Hello, I am in a problem. I have decided the sets that Im gonna buy but I don't know which to put the priority on, here's my list:

2009 Camper

2009 Tow Truck

2009 Front End Loader [still Avaible]

2010 Repair Truck [Completes my Airport collection]

2010 Level Crossing

2011 Prisoner Transport

2011 Speedboat

2011 Alien Defender

2011 Flexi Tracks

CMF Series 5

Which should I buy first? I was thinking about sorting it through time of release, but what are your thoughts? If it's good enough I could just use it. Suggestions for other sets are welcome, still City sets only.

If you can still find the Front End Loader, you might want to snap that up since it is getting hard to find. I found one in an out of the way toy store last week, picked it up for my nephew for Christmas. I hadn't seen that set in probably a year, so I was happy to find it and didn't hesitate. Likewise, I stumbled across another store that had a bunch of the red convertibles with the pay phone and tree, so I picked up another of those since it is a nice little set. That store also had the Space Police Container Heist, which I always wanted but thought I had missed, so I picked that up at full retail, since retail beats paying marked up prices online plus shipping.

Overall, I'd say if you are still finding old sets in stores that you like, get them now because the price will only go up once the inventory disappears out of your local stores. The Series 5 minifigures are great, and readily available in stores, but I'm still finding Series 3-4 so I don't think you need to hurry on those.

If you can still find the Front End Loader, you might want to snap that up since it is getting hard to find. I found one in an out of the way toy store last week, picked it up for my nephew for Christmas. I hadn't seen that set in probably a year, so I was happy to find it and didn't hesitate. Likewise, I stumbled across another store that had a bunch of the red convertibles with the pay phone and tree, so I picked up another of those since it is a nice little set. That store also had the Space Police Container Heist, which I always wanted but thought I had missed, so I picked that up at full retail, since retail beats paying marked up prices online plus shipping.

Overall, I'd say if you are still finding old sets in stores that you like, get them now because the price will only go up once the inventory disappears out of your local stores. The Series 5 minifigures are great, and readily available in stores, but I'm still finding Series 3-4 so I don't think you need to hurry on those.

Ok then, thanks. I thought now that I should purchase them in the following order. Front End Loader and Repair Truck, then Flex tracks and Camper, then finally Tow Truck and Level Crossing. Others are sets that are new.

Hello I´m dubious between buying Mill Village Raid or Battle of Alamut?

I find both sets are great, on one hand, the Mill would serve for expanding my Kingdoms realm and acquiring those gorgeous farm animals and minifigs, on the other hand I recently bought The Fight for the Dagger, and got caught by the magic of the theme, Alamut seems great with great build so many pieces and great figs also, and well it has a more imppressive look.

Then came here to EB check out the reviews but can´t still decide... :sceptic:

So anyone with an advice or personal experience of having one or better both of the sets, to hear your opinion.

Thanks. :classic: