Oh, that make sense. May I also ask how they gave me away? I do tend to be pretty extravagant in the confirmation threads...

I guess sort of how energetic your posts were. But I think as the days went on I sort of thought of you being Twatty less and less. I'm not sure why though, but I just pictured you more as that in the beginning.

Also, I'm not sure if I added in my opinion of the mystery accounts yet, but I really enjoyed it. It made me feel more open to accuse and defend people than it did in previous games. And guessing who was who was fun. It'd be interesting to see this again in other games but I understand how it can be a lot of extra work for the host.

Was I being a dick? :cry_sad: If so, I didn't mean to be. Day 4 kind of ruined the game for me with all the shouting and arguing. I found it very difficult to focus on anything, which is not good, because those are the times when one can actually catch the scum the most easily.

Sorry, by 'everyone,' I meant all the people interacting in thread with me that day. You were fine, and I think somewhere else I wrote that the three who were most understanding with my position was you, Belinda and Looney.

The only reason I had decided to name you was that I was intent to reveal one if I had to, and you were the least useful role to town. It's very hard to be a successful protector. The watcher can be very useful, and the vig is often useful, but the protector is usually just lucky. Of the three, I felt you were the most expendable.

Now, I have to say, I was only half playing a town game. I was totally sure Wang was town, which was great, but I was completely off in thinking Gertrude and Nicholas were scum (and I was betting my chance at a day six on that fact). The bodyguard/protector thing blipped me, but I was more intent on surviving day four than giving it full thought. I kept claiming I was blocked, but somewhere along the way, I was thinking that a bodyguard would block me, so that could be an answer. And my first notion was that Firuz' 'one-off' ability was the least likely, since I've seen scum claim that sort of role (like a jack-of-all trades role... it just happens to be a scum claim four out of five times). Then I didn't push it, since Belinda thought Barky was scum, and that was better than me being lynched. It wasn't me, so I pushed it to the back of my head. I was a lazy townie :grin:

First and foremost; Thank you Hinck for the magnificiently presented game. It was a blast to play and almost more fun to watch! Thank you!

2nd: Fhomess ... your dedication to your qwirk must be commended; I tip my hat to you good sir!

I had no idea what Dave was doing in thread. Normally he is a clear townie in thread, so I kept telling him, "Do that!" He was quite the accusation magnet.

And no worries, Kadabra. At this point, any apologies should be aimed at Hinckley, not me. I'm sure it was more distressing to him as a host than it was to me as a player.

I meant to address this; I was not trying to be scummy, townie or neutral in my posts. I thought I was being my usual self, funny how it was perceived differently! I did react strongly when criticized; it was the first time that I was put under the miscroscope where I actually had someting (NA) to fight for/try to stay alive for. That was my big mistake, I think I was too worried about dying (which we thought would mean Def could no longer kill) that I lost sight of what I was saying; my defence would have been stronger had it only been comprised of my first and last 'defence' posts.

As for the setup; I loved the anonymity, it gave us more opprotunity to concentrate on actual gameplay than trying to metagame people out of the game. I would say this should defeinitely be revisited in the future!

Congrats to the scum; there was so much confusion/frustrations within the town and you took advatage of it to acheive a clean sweep; Kudos!

I was sure Gertrude was Pandora and that she knew my identity and that this was the reason why Gertrude was so focused on my lynch! LOL!

I said it before in my original post; had I not been killed, I think Def and I would have wrecked havoc in the game; we were just in it to mess up people's game nver really intending to win.

Some of the strategies we discussed were so ... dickish ... that we opted to simply not act on several of them for fear of being perceived as the biggest pricks ever and to ruin/tarnish our reputations.

This was a lot of fun! Thanks guys and gals!

I was sure Gertrude was Pandora and that she knew my identity and that this was the reason why Gertrude was so focused on my lynch! LOL!

I'm really surprised you thought I was Gertrude; I find that very odd. I don't ever post anything like that, and (sorry Kadabra) I certainly wouldn't behave like that either.

Even if I had known you were Pink (which I didn't) then firstly I wouldn't have focused on lynching someone just because of who they are, and secondly I would have no desire to lynch you in particular unless you seemed like scum to me. I really don't play that way, and I never have. :wacko:

People tried to guess Gertrude throughout and never got it since Kadabra is relatively unknown. The most popular guesses were def and Tammo.

I'm really surprised you thought I was Gertrude; I find that very odd. I don't ever post anything like that, and (sorry Kadabra) I certainly wouldn't behave like that either.

Even if I had known you were Pink (which I didn't) then firstly I wouldn't have focused on lynching someone just because of who they are, and secondly I would have no desire to lynch you in particular unless you seemed like scum to me. I really don't play that way, and I never have. :wacko:

No worries, I was being mildly rude and dickish throughout, and my attitude on Day 4 was completely uncalled for. I understand perfectly where you're coming from!

People tried to guess Gertrude throughout and never got it since Kadabra is relatively unknown. The most popular guesses were def and Tammo.

Should I be insulted or honored? :laugh:

I guess I should have said that this was all before the day 4 shitstorm! Once things got heated, I knew it was not you!

20 more players to analyze. Thanks for your patience. I hope to have the analysis up this week, if all goes well.

Sorry I'm late for the debriefing, anyway I don't have much to add to all that has been said -- great game set-up, hilarious daily comics, lots of energy in the game and all players really gave their best... perhaps with the exception of the last day, with the town sloppily rushing to lynch Pala. :def_shrug: But credit is due to the scum team for a brilliant game and a flawless performance! :drool: I think that anonymous playing has great potential as a recurring set-up, although I wouldn't use it every game. Variety is the spice of Mafia! :sweet: Last but not least, the abusive attitude of a few players during this game really pissed me off. Had I been the host, after one warning I would have started removing players from the game. Hinck must be commended for keeping his cool when things were going south fast.

Exactly. Nobody targeted you because you were just misspelling Helena. :laugh: At least you didn't fake an edit penalty. :wacko:

:tongue: Flabflom...

Well... I had a scum and a neutral in the crosshairs, so the plan was sound! :tongue: I just didn't survive long enough to do anything about it. :blush:

Well... I had a scum and a neutral in the crosshairs, so the plan was sound! :tongue: I just didn't survive long enough to do anything about it. :blush:

It was a sound plan and another thing that was really fun for me to witness as a host. Poor walruses. They never survive my FABULAND games... never. :cry_sad:

Last but not least, the abusive attitude of a few players during this game really pissed me off. Had I been the host, after one warning I would have started removing players from the game. Hinck must be commended for keeping his cool when things were going south fast.

And thank you for saying this. I'm glad to see people expressing that this type of behavior pisses them off. Sometimes I feel like if it's only left to the staff members or hosts, people don't really see how much opposition there is to this behavior and that helps to perpetuate it. It was interesting that Aperture had such a nice positive atmosphere, but our "advanced" "veteran" game was able to create such negative energy. And while we can blame some of that on anonymity, this is not a new problem. Bad attitude, negative energy and insults have been on the rise for some time in our games. It really is our responsibility as the EB Mafia Community to not participate in or perpetuate this type of behavior. And perhaps it's time to stop excusing it all with "Well, it's a valid strategy". :sceptic:

I'm also glad to see someone say I handled it well. In recent years, I would've kept yelling at people and maybe even pulled players from the game. In this case, I felt it would be a bit meddling, as I said, possibly verifying people or offsetting the balance. People should be able to handle themselves in a mature fashion and control their reactions. Most of the anger were people frustrated with Helena's tactic with only a few crossing the line of insulting the player and not the character. Leaving it be with the two warnings allowed people the chance to prove they were better than the behavior they had displayed, turn it around and control their own actions or just let it get worse. So now, that gives people the chance to look back at themselves and honestly assess how they behave. And it gave people a chance to react to that behavior and feed back. If I had pulled people from the game or repeatedly squashed the behavior, I would be the focus of behavior correction. Now, and I love this, we're able to see other people weigh in and express their disappointment in the behavior so that people who partake in and perpetuate it can re-assess their own actions...

It was a sound plan and another thing that was really fun for me to witness as a host. Poor walruses. They never survive my FABULAND games... never. :cry_sad:

...And walruses are Fabuland's greats! :sad: I haven't owned Fabuland minifigs since I was a tiny tot, but I still remember the walrus being my favourite of them. :laugh:

I was pretty tickled to get to play as one. :sweet:

People should be able to handle themselves in a mature fashion and control their reactions.

Now, this has been emphasised a lot, and I agree to a point, so I'm sorry if my attitude was one of the ones that people thought brought the game down; I can't say where I ranked in the hierarchy of bad behaviour. But I also agree with this:

I also agree that the "strategy" excuse is not a decent reason. There was no advantage in that behaviour, particularly in this case. Luckily most involved aren't using that as an excuse, and seem to be taking personal responsibility for their behaviour.

I hate to sound impatient, but are you almost finished with the player analysis? :look:

I somehow missed that the dead writeboard had been posted. Just skimmed over it now. It seems even the dead were relatively sure that I was scum and that I was counter-claiming Barkonius' role. I really should've clarified more. :wall:

Hooray, the new game is up and I'm still not done with player analysis. Sorry guys, been swamped with Brickworld! I'm about halfway through them.

Game Analysis

Host Analysis

I put two bunnies and a lot of thought into this game. :grin: There, I said it. Anyway, I'm a bit biased in this department. :blush: In my opinion, this was the most mature of the games I've hosted. :blush: OK, concerning the potty humor and bawdy jokes and sight gags, it was probably the most immature, but as far as structure goes, I think this was the best balance I've struck for a game. My Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives game was probably the best balance, but that's because I kept to the Mafia standard simplicity of the very basic roles. As far as non-school games go, with the possible exception of Steampunk, I think this is the most successful I've been at trimming all the fat and fancy ideas and concentrating on how players could have clear win conditions without a bunch of weird shit getting in the way. I think if I were to do this again, I would add a Town Inventor. Maybe if the Town had an extra block, in the end, something would've stopped the Scum train. But then again, it may have shot them in the foot. I decided not to use the Inventor, because it can really overpower the Town as well as leaving out the Paranoid Gun Owner and Bomb. These roles are just as likely to hurt the Town as the Scum. There's a lot of discussion about the PGO and Bomb on Mafiascum. I would never have the PGO kill anyone but a killer, but it's supposed to be anyone who targets that person. Someone even suggests that the Scum kill of a PGO would be successful. I don't get that. I certainly don't plan to put both into a game anymore. I also decided not to use a JOAT, because of the Redirector (that I mistakingly called a Bus Driver. It is only a Redirector, that had no effect on this game at all.). I chose the Godfather as the one way to mess with an investigator. I won't have a game with a framer, a tailor, a miller and a Godfather again. May as well just have a schizophrenic investigator.

I do think that maybe I should take the Role Investigator out. I understand the complaints that it's a powerful role. However, this is the weakest Scum team I've ever assembled. I really roped it in from where it was in The Forest games or even Baritones 3 (who had a hijacker). I think the Redirector is much more powerful than Role Investigator, we just didn't see it used to effect in this game. The Role Investigator turned up two Town Power Roles. That is also due to the Scum team using the role well. They really analyzed player's behaviors to guess who had Night Actions. It wasn't like a regular game where they would say "Corny's acting the way he does when he has a Night Action" or "Walter's a good player, let's check to see if he has an Action." They were very effective with it because they knew how to analyze behavior. However, I used to never use Role Investigator and only did so in the last couple of games, because it has become kind of an EB standard. Maybe Tracker is better, although that can be just as effective. On the flip side, the Town never considered a Role Investigator. They were all way too happy to try and blame it on a Town block leak, furthering the mistrust. The Town, in EB games in general, need to expect a Role Investigator, just as we might expect a Framer. Town should adjust their strategies and theories for the possibility that one will be used as it often is nowadays on EB. Maybe that will change... who knows? But the Town has to prepare for all possibilities, and I think we had a Town here that lost that focus. I fully admit, however, that the anonymous account benefit the Scum. Even if they knew each other's identities or not (which I wouldn't probably make them anonymous to each other next time too), it gives them one more place to hide and removes the tool of past experience. Rick and Pandora were able to pretend to be misspelling novices. Had they survived that late into the game with middle-of-the-road posting, they would've been found out, I think. I would adjust power a little stronger for the Town next time with that in mind, definitely. Probably another role like Tracker or Inventor and another Town member for sure. Maybe one less Scum.

One last thing, one of the reasons it took me so much time to get the confirmation up is that I added a personality quirk and wizarding advice to everyone's role PM. I love that so many of you played your personality quirks throughout. That's just awesome. I am disappointed, however, that nobody ever shared the wizarding advice. I thought that would be like the numbers from Aperture or the puzzle pieces from EB I or cabin numbers from the Pearl and that everyone would reveal theirs. Well, that didn't happen. :laugh: Can't predict anything! :blush:

Town Analysis

I think the Town's downfall was mainly due to Scum being able to take advantage of the many distractions and perpetuate all the distrust that had already been sown amongst the Town in the early days. Wong's lynch was terrible with people lynching him because they thought he got a different role PM. All of the role PMs were the same for Town or Scum so this was a really horrible theory to follow. That rule is in place for a reason. Don't try to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. The role PMs were posted for a reason. So that nobody could use them to their advantage. And they were set up so that nobody could take advantage because every player, Scum or Town, got an individual PM detailing their role in the format I posted.

Where was the voting analysis? Ariattny Sugarbottom (Scubacarrot) compiled all of the info, but not even he really attempted to analyze it. This game desperately needed a PsyKater. Since every Scum member received a vote at some point, and people even pegged their leader Bartholomew Bearbutt (Rick & Pandora) for playing the middle of the road, voting analysis should've shown a good pattern to follow or at least get some solid accusation going. If the Town would've followed their instincts instead of letting emotion and insult wars distract them, they would've done a lot better.

All Townies involved in the two protector debacle put about 75% less energy towards sorting out the claims than they should have. This was a huge failure on the part of everyone involved. When there are two posts clarifying the roleclaims and everyone ignores them when voting and the lynch candidate doesn't bother to clarify, there is a major Town communication problem.

Leaving Helena alive to kill one more time was probably the nail that really sealed the coffin. While Helena Hippopaw (def) had good intentions she didn't have the best idea about who was Scum and ended up killing another Townie, making the Town situation on Day Five, lynch or lose. That's very early for a lynch or lose in a 26 player game. Helena hippopaw (def) was convinced anyone voting for her was Scum, which was an unfortunate tunnel vision to have. It's a good thing the vig didn't listen to her and kill Gertrude Tincanchew (Kadabra). Otherwise, Day Five would've been the agonizing endgame of the Town lynching Helena Hippopaw (def), so the Scum could take the victory. Neither Town nor Scum could win with the Serial Killer alive, so were you all just caving to the blackmail? I think revealing all roles isn't as scary as people think it is. In EB II, the Town was terrified of people getting the roleclaims and finding the Masons and when they lynched me, they laid it all out on the table and it actually helped them take the game. And in that concept it seemed really important to keep the roles secret. Putting the cards on the table isn't always a bad thing. It lets people know who they're supposed to trust. If everyone knew to listen to Looney Lumpylove (Walter Kovacs) and Belinda Bugglesby (Nightshroud99) and to help sort out the story between Barkonius Twitch (Zepher) and Drubulum Panck (Palathadric), things might've ended up better.

Scum Analysis

Scum School! led by Bartholomew Bearbutt (Rick and Pandora.) As we have let Rufus and Pandora play one character before, I think this was fine to let the two of them play together. If it had been a closer game, it may have made a difference, but since the Scum only received 1% of permanent votes, I think this is debatable only in theory. In practice, it worked fine. Should I do it again, I might not let it happen again, just to be on the safe side. I certainly understand the concerns. This was a very smart win by the Scum and an old-school tactic of staying in the middle. There was plenty of controversy and distraction to stay in the middle of. Town and SK assured no shortage of either of those. Had these seven people not been on anonymous accounts, they may not have avoided suspicion and this is where I think the accounts affect the game the most. I think they do shift the balance towards Scum as it takes away that metagaming tool and gives the Scum one more place to hide. However, metagaming can cause Townies to make bad lynches too, so the swing of balance towards Scum isn't that great. I will speak more about it in individual analysis, but despite the mechanics, this Scum team got along well, helped each other, respected each other and had a good, positive attitude. That really helps get things done. Anyone playing Town or 3rd Party in this game should definitely take notes. You guys used the Redirector in a very smart way. Considering the damage it could possibly do, I'm not sure I'd use it again. You guys would've done just fine with a kill and a block. Maybe all Scum teams can... :look: Thank you very much for the positive attitude throughout. :thumbup: I realize it wasn't just to avoid detection but that you guys were just as disappointed as I was in the bad behavior.

Team SK Analysis

You guys were so much fun. I liked your funny Night Action submittals. You came really close to running off with the whole game. :thumbup: The gambit to save Purplonia Pink (PirateDave84) was one of the most interesting things I've witnessed, as a host. I know it made for really interesting game play for the players as well, but I was just shocked by the move. Don't forget, the host is there to ask questions to (not just yell at after the fact :wink:). I was surprised your idea that you were lovers wasn't mentioned until after you took the risk to save Purplonia Pink (PirateDave84). After Purplonia Pink (PirateDave84) was gone, Helena Hippopaw (def) made another unprecedented move in holding the Town hostage, blackmailing them with the identities of their Power Roles. It was all really really fascinating to watch and would've been moreso if the tension hadn't pulled focus. I'm glad you guys played hard. Sorry it didn't work out. It was so close to being a Serial Killer win.

Overall game behavior feedback:

I don't want this to pull focus from the great game. But, it does bear mentioning. I've made it more than clear that I am disappointed with the behavior on Day Four. I agree, in theory, with the hilarious video def posted, but I do not think that pertains to playing Mafia on the internet. The statue in the video wasn't doing anything to the guy who started messing with him and I don't think anybody in this Mafia game was innocently sitting there when people started engaging in personal attacks. And there are no physical threats in internet Mafia. :hmpf: There's a fine line and a huge difference between telling an anti-Town player to megabluck off when he tries a fiendish gambit and reaching past that to attack the player. The same can be said for someone defending themselves when other players are upset with them. This is why I keep repeating it: You have choices in your actions. You make the decision to attack a person rather than a player. "He started it" or "They pushed me to it" doesn't cut it in my book, especially when it comes to the veterans involved. Everyone has apologized to me, and that's great, but this is happening more and more in Mafia games and it is time for it to stop. I certainly plan to take steps to ensure it won't pull the positive energy out of one of my games again. Next time you start a game, leave personal grudges and the bad energy from this incident and others at the door. Games are not a platform for squaring off with someone you don't personally like. And if you don't like another player's behavior and you think you can't handle it, don't try to handle it, contact the host or Games Moderator. Please don't think I'm blaming any one person over the other. I hold everyone equally responsible who participated in the negative behavior. And I say this as a game host and a site moderator. This was the type of behavior, that when repeated, we suspend and ban members over. Please don't do it again. Thank you.

langston_lionheart.jpg

Name: Langston Lionheart (Scouty)

Alignment: Odor Eaters

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Healer. You have the strange personality quirk that you like to makeup up nicknames for people based on their actions or outstanding physical characteristics.

Action: Your wand is made of Willow with a Mallard Feather core and your special magic curse is Bifficus Stifficus. Each night you may target one player and remove that person from the game by petrifying them. They will be turned to stone and no longer able to participate in helping Harriet Slutter get to school! (Night killer)

If you have any questions about your role PM, please contact the host via PM. Please use the attached image as your avatar for the duration of the game and also leave your character name in your signature for easy reference. Please confirm your participation in this thread.

Win Condition: You win when you outnumber the Order of the Penis and any other 3rd Party.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Albutt Bumblebore “It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our testicles.”

Host feedback: Will you please stop being a Scummy killer in my games? You got a lot of pings during the game and I'm not sure how you avoided more suspicion. Your team stopped you from explaining that you've played Scum a lot and so your reactions were really mild and calm. In the last two games that you were a FABULAND killer, you always say the craziest flailing things when you're accused. No offense. This time, you worked with your team and took the advice to keep the reaction simple and focus on the team tactic. I don't even want to give the overall Scum tactic away. That'd be free school for the next team and the strategy would become more and more recognizable.

lulu_pittoolo.jpg

Name: Lulu Pittoolo (Peanuts)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Magizoologist. You have the strange personality quirk of randomly making animal sounds, but never the sound a lamb makes.

Action: Your wand is made of Dogwood with a Frog Heartstring core and your special magic charm is the Speculatorus Charm. Each night you may target one player and discover what their Action is, if any. (Role Investigator)

If you have any questions about your role PM, please contact the host via PM. Please use the attached image as your avatar for the duration of the game and also leave your character name in your signature for easy reference. Please confirm your participation in this thread.

Win Condition: You win when you outnumber the Order of the Penis and any other 3rd Party.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Barfer Whingesly “Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its testicles.”

Host feedback: I really thought you were going to be a lynch target on the first day. You turned it around nicely, calmly responding to the suspicion and adjusting your game to steer clear of further suspicion. That didn't last too long. The Town had you pegged for voting pattern. If the Town hadn't made so many bad lynches and focused on the Serial Killer and protector claims, you probably would've been one of the first two Scum to go. Firuz Fox (Kristel) was the other one and most of that suspicion was raised around a Night Action result. Yours was all based on behavior and voting, something to note for the future. I'm very glad you played. I think you're a great player and somewhat underestimated here.

firuz_foxtail.jpg

Name: Firuz Foxtail (Kristel)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as an Alchemist. You have the strange personality quirk of reminiscing about times past…but its obvious you're just telling the tale of Return of the Jedi from an ewok’s perspective.

Action: Your wand is made of Birch with a Pegasus Feather core and your special magic curse is the Obturatus Curse. Each night you may target one player and block them from performing their Action, if they have one. (Blocker)

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Albutt Bumblebore “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the vibrating dildo.”

Host feedback: Second game, first time Scum, awesome job! You didn't do quite so great at first. You aroused suspicion in a few people. But, what you did very successfully was ask questions and listen. And your patience paid off. I think a lot of times, Scum feels pressured when questioned and they think they have to answer right away. You, and really your entire team, did a nice job at remaining patient throughout. Your growth throughout the game is evident in that you were the Scummiest of the three people caught targeting Helena Hippopaw (def) and yet, you were the one that talked your way out of it, got two Town Power Roles lynched in the process, and got a couple of Townies inviting you into their attempt at a Town block. Really nice work. :thumbup:

bartholomew_bearbutt.jpg

Name: Bartholomew Bearbutt (Rick & Pandora)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Quidditch Referee. You have the strange personality quirk that you tend to break out into song, specifically tunes of the 1980’s.

Action: Your wand is made of Ebony with a Troll Butt Hair core and your special magic curse is the Commutation Curse. Each night you may target one player and redirect all Night Actions targeting that player to another player. For example if you target Player A to Player B then all Night Actions directed at Player A will then be directed at Player B instead. (Bus Driver)

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Snogius Blech, "If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his wiener.”

Host feedback: Well, you guys were a joy to have in here with all of you're misspellings. :hmpf: That was really funny to watch you guys butcher the English language all in the name of placing yourself in the right position to slide through the game virtually undetected. This was the first chance I got to see how skilled you two are at this game from an anti-Town perspective. I got to see it from Pandora in Steampunk and Baritones 3, and from Rick in EB II, but it wasn't just the game analysis skill, which is impressive. It was really cool to see the positive energy with which you approached the game and your team. You were very nice, patient and inclusive with everyone and brutally honest when you needed to be. In turn, they all, even the other vets, respected you and learned from you. But, what was nice about it was you were all having fun, so I'm not sure it looked like you above them to anyone but an outside observer. Yes, I'm sure they were aware they were checking all things with you guys, but towards the end, everyone was giving advice when it was requested and your experience blended in with theirs and everyone bought into that and trusted each other. It was a very heartwarming way to murder the entire Town.

timly_dimplebop.jpg

Name: Timly Dimplebop (Clanure)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Plumber. You have the strange personality quirk that you treat your trunk as a separate person. You have conversations with him and have even given him a name.

Action: Your wand is made of Cactus with a Leprechaun Hair core and your special magic charm is the Occulata Charm. Your role is passive. The charm hides your true affiliation from any investigator. The charm makes you appear as Order of the Penis in investigations. It cannot be blocked. (Godfather)

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Phlegm Whingesly “Anybody can speak Troll. All you have to do is point and fart.”

Host feedback: Hey you! Don't be so hard on yourself. I thought you did an excellent job. Yes, you probably were the least involved of the Scum team, but when you posted, I was usually impressed. Mostly what impressed me was that you were able to post with conviction without arousing suspicion or relying too heavily on the advice of your team. You made them nervous a couple of times by voting late or saying things that locked you into a certain vote, but you always justified it. It's hard for Scum to work together and not contradict what they're saying with their vote sometimes and that's usually where it happens. You were able to follow the advice and plan of your team and make your votes seem solid. You voted with lying conviction. :laugh: Despite all the advice and other support that "carried you along" you have a natural skill to make a solid case without seeming Scummy.

rutherford_hablabble_bibble.jpg

Name: Rutherford Habblable-Bibble (CallMePie)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Door-to-door Wand Salesman. You have the strange personality quirk of using the incorrect word with a similar sound. For example, you may tell people to be careful of allegories, because of their sharp teeth. Look up the word malapropism on Wikipedia (or google) for other examples.

Action: Your wand is made of Yucca with a Unicorn Tail Hair core and your special magic curse is Stifficus Bifficus. Each night you may target one player and remove that person from the game by petrifying them. They will be turned to stone and no longer able to participate in helping Harriet Slutter get to school! In addition, you have mastered the Abscondo spell, which allows you to dissaparate one night which will protect you from all Night Actions for that one night. You may only use this spell once. You can use it on one of your teammates, but it will not affect them until the Night after you cast the spell. You may not use Abscondo on the same night you use Stifficus Bifficus. (Night killer with one shot commute)

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Barfer Whingesly “Time like these, applesauce times, they do funny things to testicles. They can tear them apart.”

Host feedack: Scum feedback is turning into a bit of a love-fest here, but you have come such a long way as a player! Pool cue? What pool cue? Just like the rest of your team, great job blending in and casting off suspicion. You answered people's accusation really well in this game, not giving yourself away like you might have in the past. You get better at this every time you play. Even though Rick and Pandora were somewhat leading the Scum team, you did a great job contributing and helping the newer players, while still knowing where you needed help and asking for it. Team player. I was especially impressed with the maturity you showed by pleading for sanity during the goofy insult war. Even when the aggression turned towards you for doing so, you kept a level head and I really appreciate what you did there. :thumbup:

purplonia_pink.jpg

Name: Purplonia Pink (PirateDave84)

Alignment: 3rd Party

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as an Artist. You have the strange personality quirk of having conversations with inanimate objects.

Action: Your wand is made of Rubber with a String core and your special magic … well, you’ve never excelled at magic, despite being from a long line of wizards. This pisses you off so much, you want to murder every witch and wizard you meet! And this is the perfect time to do so. Each night you may target one player and draw them a bath as you are the Water Bearer. Your twin sister, Helena Hippopaw, must also target that same person for the kill to be successful. When you draw them a bath, she throws her toaster in as she is the Toaster Salesman. If you target someone that she does not target, you will simply draw a bath for them and they will be cursed to play their personality quirk in every post for that day. (Serial Killer)

Win Condition: You and Helena win when you all the other players are dead!

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Slippery Stiffy “The buttocks are not a book to be opened at will and examined at leisure.”

Host feedback: Dave, Dave, Dave. :tongue: It's your first anti-Town role and you made it through a couple of days. I think it's interesting that a couple people said you normally seem Townie to them, because in my experience I always suspect you of being Scum. :laugh: You seem to always get a good share of accusation in early days of Mafia games we've played together. This time, it was really weird that you seemed so Scummy, sorry to say, when you weren't even Scum. I think you continue to improve and I know you're trying and invested in becoming a better player, but this was a bumpy first attempt at an anti-Town role. Two things stick out to me that you seemed really Scummy to me. You answer to most accusation were "I AM NOT SCUM" which doesn't really say much in a game where you're supposed to lie about it. You prove you're a Townie by adding to the conversation and pretending to hunt for Scum, making up analysis, so on. You seemed to be trying to avoid detection and didn't have any substance when you were accused. But the most glaringly Scummy thing you did was when you thanked Helena Hippopaw (def) for getting you off the hook and apologized for flailing. :laugh: Flailing usually denotes having something to hide and if such a situation had been real an appropriate response would've sounded more like "Sorry I couldn't reveal this earlier. Thank you, Helena, for taking the risk to save me from the lynch. It is true that Helena knows my true allegiance. I hope you appreciate that we can't share exactly how just yet..." blah blah blah. Keep trying. It will get there.

helena_hippopaw.jpg

Name: Helena Hippopaw (def)

Alignment: 3rd Party

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Banker. You have the strange personality quirk of calling animals by the wrong name, so you might call a dog a sheep, or a bunny a squirrel, what-have-you. You’ve always found this quirk rather embarrassing since, as an elephant, you’re supposed to have a good memory.

Action: Your wand is made of Redwood with a Pegasus Heartstring core and your special magic … well, you’ve never excelled at magic, despite being from a long line of wizards. This pisses you off so much, you want to murder every witch and wizard you meet! And this is the perfect time to do so. Each night you may target one player and sell them a toaster as you are the Toaster Salesman. Your twin sister, Purplonia Pink, must also target that same person for the kill to be successful. When she draws them a bath, as she is the Water Bearer, you throw your toaster in. If you target someone that she does not target, you will simply sell them a toaster and they will be cursed to play their personality quirk in every post for that day. (Serial Killer)

As you come from a long line of wizards, you are immune to the commutation curse...

Win Condition: You and Purplonia win when you all the other players are dead!

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Reamus Shtoopin “You can exist without your testicles, you know, as long as your brain and heart are still working.”

Host feedback: You were so much fun to have in this game! I know I've said that a lot, but it's true. You have a great understanding of the game and you make bold and interesting moves. It was nice to see you play a non-red-diamond-stealing neutral and get an idea of what you're capable of. It's a shame so much of the analysis of your game has been about how you responded to the Town when they expressed their distaste over your gambit. It has been discussed to death and you've apologized and I appreciate that. However, I do think you have a way of talking to people that is very aggressive. It does seem to me that you talk down to people who disagree with you. The concept of "Scum or dumb" is going to come off as insulting when you're applying it to a Townie. I know you and I have a history of tension, and I don't want to start some throwdown over this, but as a host and a staff member I suggest you ask somebody you trust about how you come across to people during games. I think it would benefit you to see yourself through someone else's eyes. That aside, you provided me with more entertainingly jaw-dropping moments in this game than any other player. I know that you wouldn't have risked your life had you known you would inherit the kill, and for that I apologize. I'll certainly take your feedback into consideration if I ever use a SK duo again. But, it was still amazing to watch. I really expected you to walk away with the game after that. If it wasn't for the Scum taking the gutsy move of killing Purplonia Pink (PirateDave84), you would have. Too bad they assumed you were the Watcher and Purplonia Pink (PirateDave84) the vig. They were analyzing their little assess off and decided to take a risk to remove a perceived threat. I know it killed your game, but as a host, that night was so exciting! :blush: And I was a little annoyed people thought your blackmail tactic would be against the rules. They're the ones who ran and blabbed to you without you being confirmed! You did what an anti-Town role should with the info and it was a joy to watch! :laugh: Thanks for playing. Really great job.

looney_lumpylove.jpg

Name: Looney Lumpylove (Walter Kovacs)

Alignment: Order of the Penis

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as an Applesauce Maker. You have the strange personality quirk of regaling everyone with amazing stories about flying saucers and close encounters.

Action: Your wand is made of Birch with a Goblin Pubic Hair core and your special magic curse is Torpeo Obrigescunt. Each night you may target one player and petrify them, removing them from the game. (Vigilante)

During Role Madness you are Macho-meaning you would refuse any protection offered to you (cannot be protected).

Win Condition: You win when you kill off all of the Odor Eaters and any other 3rd Party.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of One-Eye Broody “Nothing like a nighttime stroll to give you gas.”

Host feedback: I'm so happy you're back to EB and to playing Mafia games. You've been the Town vig in both of the FABULAND Mafia games I've hosted, much like Scouty has been the Scum killer all three times. Had you been around for Forest II, I'd imagine you would've been the vig for sure. I made a note that I thought it was interesting that you and Boris Biddlesdorf (CorneliusMurdock) and Regelius Snoot (Cecilie) seemed to be drawn to each other. I wasn't right, but it's interesting to see how you guys connected, even with the anonymous accounts. You felt Boris Biddlesdorf (CorneliusMurdcok) was trustworthy and he though you were Dave :laugh:. And Regelius Snoot (Cecilie) was emphatically agreeing with your thinking. Too bad they both died before you could really connect. You played vig very smart, only making two kills. You seem to put a lot of pressure on the your vig game, making the right kills. Don't be too hard on yourself because Durmudgelous Krup (Esurient) turned up Town. You got rid of him at the right time. The Town wanted it and it removed a distraction. Had you not killed him, the Town probably would've wasted a day lynching him and getting further distracted from finding anti-Town players. And you got rid of Helena Hippopaw (def) when the rest of the Town wouldn't. That was a good decision. If you had followed Helena Hippopaw (def)'s advice and gone after Gertrude, the Town really would've had no chance to win. If Nicholas Dickory (Capt. Redblade) and Gertrude Tincanchew (Kadabra) had both been killed Night Four, the Town would've woken up tied with the Scum and the only thing stopping the game from ending would've been the lone neutral, Helena Hippopaw (def). That still would've been very interesting as Helena Hippopaw (def) would've had to really fight to convince the Town that if they lynched him, the game would be over. But, that would've been as interesting to watch as what did happen. Nice work. You're always very good at analyzing and having the patience to think things through. You even called that both protectors were telling the truth. Too bad you were bonerfied that night and couldn't help the Town sort it out the next day.

regelius_snoot.jpg

Name: Regelius Snoot (Cecilie)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as an Ambassador. You have the strange personality quirk of making up new words to suit what you’re talking about. Sometimes they make sense and are rather clever combinations of existing words. Other times they are just utter nonsense…but somehow they make sense to you!

Action: Your wand is made of Snakewood with a Viper Skin core and your special magic curse is the Obturatus Curse. Each night you may target one player and they will not be able to perform their action that night. (Blocker)

Win Condition: You win when you kill off all of the Odor Eaters and any other 3rd Party.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Screwbius Backrid “What’s coming will come and we’ll bring it applesauce when it does.”

Host feedback: So, you get killed by the Serial Killer again. This makes sense with your cautious playing style when you have a Power Role which usually makes you an asset to the Town. You were much more aggressive in The Forest II, when you were vanilla. So, it's nice that you have these tactics for playing Town, but they're becoming readable and getting you into trouble with killers who are looking for middle-of-the-road players. You're one of the smartest players we have so people are going to view you as a threat anyway. Even anonymous Regelius was getting in line with the more logical thinkers. The SK duo killed you just for your post count, it seems, so I don't think they necessarily found you a threat. This was an unfortunate Day One for post count since the silliness lasted for sooooooo long. I would've done the same as you. It was too silly and I never get involved in silliness. :blush: Or go overboard on things. :laugh: Anyway, for the one day you had in the game, you did an excellent job. Just consider switching things up so you don't become the Serial Killer's favorite target from now on. :thumbup:

barkonius_twitch.jpg

Name: Barkonius Twitch (Zepher)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Gardener. You have the strange personality quirk of thinking everything people say to you is a come-on and that they’re really trying to get you into bed.

Action: Your wand is made of Cherry Wood with a Gryphon Feather core and your special magic charm is the Protegius Charm. Each night you may target one player and protect them from any killing Action. (Protector)

During Role Madness you will behave as a bodyguard. If your target is targeted for a night kill, it will kill you instead.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Jiggly Whingesly “You start to think that anything is possible if you’ve got enough applesauce.”

Host feedback: Well, I think I've said it enough already and posted the notes from the day thread, but I wish you would've fought harder to avoid the lynch and/or worked harder on sorting out the "conflicting" claims. Granted, you said it once and people missed it, but it seemed your attitude was more of giving up and "they'll see tomorrow who the real Scum is", instead of making sure they understood what you were telling them. With no Scum lynched up until then, keep putting effort in. You can't lose Townies on Day Four when there are no dead Scum yet. This lynch (and the death of Nicholas) excelled the Town into an early "lynch or lose" scenario. It's not like you to give up so I was surprised. That aside, you played an awesome game up to that point. You correctly called that the Scum had jumped onto your bandwagon. Too bad nobody listened to you. You were always on the Scum's list of Town leaders and were often chosen as the redirection target. Scum used the Redirector as a way to keep the vig and the watcher, etc off of the killer and they were hoping it would take you out, so that's definitely a good sign. You are always a bold player and that's what I like most about you and I love having you in my games. Just make sure you stick to that throughout the game, even if you're the target of a bad lynch.

boris_biddlesdorf.jpg

Name: Boris Biddlesdorf (CorneliusMurdock)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Goblin Trainer. You have the strange personality quirk of making up little rhyming couplets to summarize the things you’ve said.

Action: Your wand is made of Birch with a Siren Hair core and your special magic spell is the Invenires Spell. Each night you may target one player and, barring any interference, will be told their true allegiance as either “Odor Eaters” or “Not Odor Eaters”. (Investigator)

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Harriet Slutter “I don’t normally go looking for testicles. Testicles usually find me!”

Host feedback: Even in anonymity, the Scum will kill you. The Scum found you smart, but reserved, which they took to mean you had a Power Role, so you got investigated Night One. Bad luck for you, but it was behavior analysis that led them to targeting you. You made a great choice of target on Night One and it would've been awesome for Dillpickle Catterweed (fhomess) to know he'd been investigated. That would've helped solidify who the Town should be listening to, and would've given the Town more perspective when Helena Hippopaw (def) made the gambit to save Purplonia Pink (PirateDave84). Ah well, short game from you but a true indication that you've become a strong player. If you want to play for longer, stop being so good. :laugh:

drubulum_panck.jpg

Name: Drubulum Panck (Palathadric)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Dragon Keeper. You have the strange personality quirk of believing you are actually a dragon yourself!

Action: Your wand is made of Yucca with an Ogre Nose Hair core and your special magic potion is the Absconderamus Potion. Each night you may target one player and when you take your potion you will transform into an exact decoy of that player, which is great except that if a Night Kill is directed at your target, they’ll kill you instead. (Bodyguard)

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Slippery Stiffy “Discipline your testicles!!”

Host feedback: This is the strongest I've seen you play. I was so happy for you that you had a Night Action and that you were putting so much positive energy towards the game. This was a huge step up for you and I'm really happy you had the opportunity and really made the most out of the opportunity. In the future, here are a couple of things to challenge yourself with. You should look very closely at your Night Action results. I am really hyper about Mafia as well and I've missed things that others haven't like lunch in Heartlake Heartache and the cabin number in The Pearl. I also need to pay more attention to the info the host sends out. :blush: But, you could've clued the Town in that there was a Redirector. Luckily, you were the only Town PR that was ever effected by the Redirector, so there weren't bad repercussions to this miss on your part. I'd like to think that if talk of a Redirector arose, you would've double checked your results, right? Same goes about being clear about all information from the host, including the rules. Honestly, I could've killed you when you accused Wong Wang (KingoftheZempk) for not having the same role PM. :wall: Not only is it against the rules to try and use the role PM structure to your advantage, you were completely wrong! Every player, Scum and Town had the exact same role PM and I said as much in the rules. Not only did you break a rule there, you weren't even anywhere near right. And in the end, I really wish you would've done more to clarify and sort out the protector roleclaims. You put up a good fight, but you could've done better to answer the actual reasons people were voting for you. The analysis you provided would've been good had there been another day, but there wasn't. You need to do everything you can to fight when the numbers are dwindling. You were the one who really knew for sure that there was a bodyguard and protector and you needed to help the Town understand what had happened. It's a really good place to be in, to get this specific feedback. It means you tried, you were involved and you played hard. You will be a formidable player eventually, in my opinion. Keep up the good work.

belinda_bugglesby.jpg

Name: Belinda Bugglesby (Nightshroud99)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world at the Potato Post Office. You have the strange personality quirk of stopping in the middle of sentences to shush everyone then quietly asking if they hear someone…or something coming. Then you continue with what you had been saying.

Action: Your wand is made of Maple with a Mermaid Hair core and your special magic charm is the Vigilous Charm. Each night you may target one player and you will see which other players targeted your target. (Watcher)

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Slippery Stiffy “If used properly, the power of applesauce will shield you from testicles and buttocks.”

Host feedback: I think you're a very strong player and a quiet leader, something this game needs more of. :blush: Although I don't know the specifics of the communication, I'm glad to see you were contacting your targets and others, discussing the results you had found. The Town needs that activity and information. I wish you would've said more publicly about what you found out about the two protectors. Your identity was still somewhat concealed (although the Scum had guessed it) and it would've been nice to see you add your opinion for everybody to hear since you were the source of the information. As much as activity is needed behind the scenes, it's needed in the public thread as well. In EB II, you made the comment that you were afraid to accuse me, which is one reason I made the anonymous accounts in this game. You can be a bit more bold in thread. You are smart enough to know what you are talking about and you can help the Town out when you are analyzing things correctly. Everyone has a different strategy and quiet ones work too, but maybe try being a bit more vocal in public and see if it changes anything. Overall, nice game.

nicholas_dickory.jpg

Name: Nicholas Dickory (Capt. Redblade)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Clock Maker. You have the strange personality quirk of stating everything you say as a question.

Action: Your wand is made of Birch with a Mermaid Hearstring core and your special magic spell is the Dispicio Spell. You are able to target a dead player and determine what Action they had, if any. This spell can only be used once. (one-shot Coroner)

Your role cannot be used during Role Madness.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Screwbius Backrid “When a wizard goes over to the applesauce side there's nothin', and no one matters to 'em anymore.”

Host feedback: I approve of your level of participation this time. Nicely done. :thumbup: I think you know you got a little too aggressive, but you didn't stick out to me as one of the worst offenders. If you feel you went too far though, don't do it again! It was unfortunate that Helena Hippopaw (def) thought you were Scum as that was the turning point for the Town. When they lost you, they lost the numbers advantage and found themselves in a "lynch or lose" situation. If they had lynched Helena Hippopaw (def), you wouldn't have been killed and that would've given the Town an extra day. I don't think you did anything to appear Scummy at all. Simply disagreeing with Helena Hippopaw (def) is what made him think you were Scum. That was unfortunate as it wasn't really a good tactic to find Scum. Especially when he said "Anyone voting for me is Scum", of course Scum may find a reason to vote for someone else. So, I think that you were a victim of tunnel vision. You seemed to be working for the Town. You could step up your contributions as far as analysis and tactics go. With so many people around, sometimes it's hard to come up with new info, but taking the understanding of the situation one step further into developing tactics would improve your game. Your Coroner role was a little weird. I'm not sure I would use it again. It's for very specific instances and it led you to believe there was a janitor, which there wasn't. Bad host! :blush:

catalina_kittywhisker.jpg

Name: Catalina Kittywhisker (DarthPotato)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Caretaker. You have the strange personality quirk insulting people under your breath while being very nice to them at full volume.

Action: Your wand is made of Holly Tree with a Centaur Tail Hair core and your special magic charm is the Amicus Charm. You use this charm to target one player that will then be connected with you. Your affiliations will not be verified to one another but if you die, they will die also. (Lovers, but more of a “pick-your-lover” variation)

Your role is a one-shot lover recruitment that you are not required to use.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Perva My-Dong-a-Dingle “There is great power in simply believing there is more applesauce in the world.”

Host feedback: I think you're one of the better players in EB Mafia. Too bad we lost you so early. I liked your contributions and I thought the Town had some hope with you one their side and active. I know I gave you a weird role and you were right in not using it. There wasn't a situation where it would really benefit anybody. I don't think I would use it again. How did you feel about it? I really would've liked to see you play longer. You were active and making positive contributions. You were a smart Day Two serial killer target. The first day they targeted someone who was quiet, so they went for a middle-of-the-road poster on Day Two, in case the quiet ones were being watched or protected. Yet, you weren't enough of a threat to fall into the protected active Townie category. I assume that was the case anyway. All they told me was that you posted the same number of times as Helena Hippopaw (def) and that's why they chose you. Anyway, I'm happy you have joined the world of EB Mafia and hope to see more from you in future games.

wong_wang.jpg

Name: Wong Wang (King of the Zempk)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a mathematician. You have the strange personality quirk of making up fantastic stories to demonstrate points you are making.

Action: Your wand is made of Ash Tree with a Dragon Wing Vein core and your special magic curse is the Provocarus Curse. If you are being voted for, you can target one other player. At that point all votes will be cast out and the only two players anyone can vote for are you and your target. This curse can only be used once. (One-shot Gladiator)

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Pandrione Danger “Fear of a name only increases fear of the testicle itself.”

Host feedback: I'm not sure why everyone was saying you used the Gladiator at the wrong time. When else would you use it but when you're being lynched? That's one of the stipulations: someone has to have placed a vote for you. I expected you to use it when you did and I think it was good timing. I think you should've gone with Durmudgelous Krup (Esurient) as your target instead of Snarky Snickerpuss (Sandy), but they were both Townies anyway and at the time, Snarky Snickerpuss (Sandy) did seem to have a leading majority of suspicion over Durmudgelous Krup (Esurient). It's unfortunate the Town was stuck in the downward spiral of tunnel vision on all three of you. It really pulled focus away from finding the real Scum. I think you put up with quite a beating with a very positive attitude. Your defense may have been flailing and you may have made the mistake of lying but I'd prefer to have you in my games due to your positive energy and ability to enjoy the game despite people insulting the way you used your role. I'm not sure what happened behind the scenes but it's never a good idea to lie if you can't prove it was for a really good reason. But with the mantra "Lynch All Liars" it's best to be clever in private than to outright tell a lie. You want people to be able to trust you. Well, you're the first EB Gladiator. I hope you paved a smoother path for the next one. And I do apologize for the confusing rule that tripped you up on the win condition. The worst lynch was yours since people believed you didn't have the same role PM. :hmpf: Every megablocking player had the same God damn role PM. Anyway, I altered the rule that confused you for Day Three. I realize that it could be seen as contradicting the actual win condition. I use a variation of the EB standard rules and that's how rule one is stated. So I just plugged in the names of my Town and Scum teams and didn't realize it could potentially cause trouble. It would've been better for you to really clarify why you thought that was the win condition and maybe look at everything to point out that everyone was given the same Role PM, but answering bad accusations that are against the rules anyway are kind of a gray area. Thanks for playing. Nice work. Hope to see you start playing again.

ariattny_sugarbottom.jpg

Name: Ariattny Sugarbottom (Scubacarrot)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Shopkeep. You have the strange personality quirk of breaking down your thoughts into short lists, but never getting the number of list items correct. For example, you may say “I have two things to say about this: Player A is Scum.”

Action: Your wand is made of Pine with a Dragon Heart String core. You aren’t particularly good at magic yet, but you do have the power of your vote.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Snogius Blech “What’s life without a little applesauce.”

Host feedback: You obviously know what you're doing when it comes to Mafia games. I love having you in games because you're a smart player and aggressive. You usually have a pretty good read on what's going on and like no other player, you are a Night Action magnet. However, your play-style is pulling from your skill at the game. People shouldn't think of you as "the dick", they should realize that you're an asset to whatever team you're on. Yes, I agree that your aggression in this game was directed mostly towards other game characters. But, as you and I have already discussed, I think you slipped into something a little personal, even if it was just one post. I think you have a tendency towards "the last word" and that may what caused your unnecessary aggression when casting your vote for Helena Hippopaw (def). I don't want you involved in those silly situations anymore. Just remember, it's a game and let that sort of personal stuff roll off your back. Besides that, your game is always strong. It was good to see you working hard in this game and trying to figure out what was going on. It's unfortunate the information wasn't clear about the protector claims, because I think you really would've helped clarify things if you realized the claims weren't identical. In that case, be careful about being too sure about things. You called the claims identical, which they weren't. This was everyone's responsibility (and more Barkonius Twitch (Zepher) and Drubulum Panck (Palathadric) but the information was there to see. People just missed it. And the worst thing you probably did in this game was vote for Wong Wang (KingoftheZempk) for not having the same role PM as the Town. Every player had the same format role PM, even the Scum! In this tight numbers game, any Town loss was a bad one and this was a horrible thing to base your vote off of. So, you're good, but don't be so confident or cocky. :grin: Thanks for playing. Keep up the great work.

dillpickle_catterweed.jpg

Name: Dillpickle Catterweed (fhomess)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Herbologist. You have the strange personality quirk of randomly acting like you are a character from a Shakespeare play.

Action: Your wand is made of Oak with a Unicorn Tail Hair core. You aren’t particularly good at magic yet, but you do have the power of your vote.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Fiona Phuckgood “The testicles we lose have a way of making their way back to us in the end.”

Host feedback: Yay! My first game where fhomess played! :wub: Is it unfair to say you were my favorite? :blush: For overall dedication to character, you definitely walk away with the Tony! I really hold you in high regards as a player. I think you're really smart and provide amazing analysis, publicly, that always helps clarify for the Town. One of these days, you're going to be a Night One kill because of it. I wonder how you'll do as Scum. Have you played Scum? You play such an honest game, it's hard to imagine you Scumming it up. However, you have such a good grasp on the game, you may be able to slide by totally undetected. It's unfortunate you were given bad information in those last couple of days. I think you really could've led the Town in the right direction if you had the right information to analyze. Your PM about how you'd feel if there were two identical protectors would've been funny if I hadn't so badly wanted someone to realize that they weren't identical and the Town to have a chance. But, really, what a joy you were to watch playing! You have a great sense of humor and your Shakespeare was awe-inspiring. This is why you were a highlight of the Conclusion. So,

"If we shadows have offended,

Think but this, and all is mended;

That you have but slumbered here

Whilst these visions did appear."

durmudgelous_krup.jpg

Name: Durmudgelous Krup (Esurient)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Wand Maker. You have the strange personality quirk of constantly thinking that dragons are attacking.

Action: Your wand is made of Oak with a Pegasus Feather core. You aren’t particularly good at magic yet, but you do have the power of your vote.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Snogius Blech “The ones the love us never really leave us. You can always find them in applesauce.”

Host feedback: The good news is you just got finished with an incredibly successful Scum run in Aperture Academy. The bad news is you have a lot to work on with your Town game. It really was the difference between night and day watching you in Aperture and watching you here. It's such a credit to you that you played so well in your first game. You definitely had some good moments here, but they weren't enough to make up for some odd choices on your part. If you read the Day notes, you'll see a running commentary on your performance, pretty much. I hope it didn't seem too harsh. I'll do my best to be constructive when advising you for the future. I think, being Town, you need to shift your focus from the individual survival of being Scum to the discovery of information on the Town side. Once you found yourself accused, you started doing weird things like hinting at have a Night Action or lying behind the scenes. Don't pretend to have a Night Action just to save yourself. That's a Scum move. And the protector believed you and targeted you that night. It would've been a much different game if the protector had been able to choose another target. What if he'd have found Flabflom Flimlam (Fugazi) as much of a leader as the Scum did and they both targeted him? That would've been a very different game had he survived Night One and the Scum's kill was unsuccessful. But mostly, the lying behind the scenes is what you should really reconsider. You say you were trying to trip up the Scum. Well, the Scum pretty well know if you're lying or not and they're probably not going to let you trip them up. That worked only in def's Eurobricks Mafia concept. So, I'm not sure what you hoped to accomplish, but it didn't help the Town. I'm glad you played my game and I can't wait to see more from you. Just remember to try and work with the Town, even if you're the lynch candidate. Thank you so much for playing. I was very happy to have you and hope you continue to play! Judging by how well you understood the game in Aperture Academy, your Town game should come around quickly.

flabflom_flimflam.jpg

Name: Flabflom Flimflam (Fugazi)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as Magical Maintenance. You have the strange personality quirk of trying to sneak advertisements for Myrtle’s Magical Maintenance Supplies into your conversations.

Action: Your wand is made of Birch with a Troll Butt Hair core. It’s disguised inside your duster. You aren’t particularly good at magic yet, but you do have the power of your vote.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Albutt Bumblebore “Curiosity is not a sin, but we should exercise caution with our testicles.”

Host feedback: You're even a threat in anonymity! You took Corny and Rick's place as the Night One Scum kill here, congratulations. You are now a member of an elite club. I wonder who has been Night killed Night One the most. :look: Probably Rick. Anyway, excellent work in your one day. You were enough of a threat that the Scum chose you first. Your purposeful editing and penalty was much more interesting than all of the potty humor. It really did give people a chance to react and therefore behavior to be analyzed. I love when a player surprises me and that certainly did. I didn't predict anyone would do that with the anonymity. Too bad no Scum tried to lynch you over it. Firuz Foxtail (Kristel) kind of leaned that way, but unfortunately Snarky Snickerpuss (Sandy) pulled the focus from that. It would have been extremely interesting to see what you would've done with the rest of the game based on your Day One performance. I know you were having a great time and very upset to be pulled from the game so early. I will do this again, just for your sake! Night One kill immunity! :grin: Thanks for playing. Excellent job.

gertrude_tincanchew.jpg

Name: Gertrude Tincanchew (Kadabra)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Caretaker. You have the strange personality quirk of chewing on things that aren’t food and that belong to the people you are talking to.

Action: Your wand is made of Willow with a Dragon Whisker core. You aren’t particularly good at magic yet, but you do have the power of your vote.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Mr. Ballhander “The testicles choose the wizard.”

Host feedback: Welcome to Eurobricks Mafia! I don't think anybody knew who you were but now they will. I was impressed that you were somewhat of a Town leader and aggressively worked for the Town in what is essentially only your second game. You should be careful of being overly aggressive though. I never want to hear the term :fucknugget" again. :hmpf: I think your reaction to the Helena Hippopaw (def)'s blakmail gambit was understandable but was probably the most offensive in quickly skipping past the character and going for the person. I wouldn't care to see that from you again. To be honest, I wouldn't allow you to continue playing if you did that in one of my games again. That being said, I understand how frustrating it was to be in that position. In the future, just know that anybody can use any tactic that isn't against the rules and Helena Hippopaw (def) knew all of those roles because the Town trusted him. It wasn't his fault they all ran and claimed to him. Once he has the information, he can do whatever he wants to do with it. What I found very impressive about you is that, through the insults, you stood up to the blackmail and defied the rest of the Town, not wanting to give into it. That was smart and bold and I appreciated that a lot. Even when it was becoming clear that Helena Hippopaw (def) and other members of the Town seemed to be agreeing the people not voting for Barkonius Twitch (Zepher) were Scum. I think it was bold and smart of you to stand your ground despite the insinuation that you were "Scum or Dumb" for not voting along with the majority. Keep up the good work, knock off the crap. :grin:

godric_goaty_blather.jpg

Name: Godric Goaty-Blather (Bob)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as Shopkeep. You have the strange personality quirk of gossiping about what you overheard people saying about other townsfolk in your store.

Action: Your wand is made of Black Bamboo with a Dragon Vein core. You aren’t particularly good at magic yet, but you do have the power of your vote.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Slithery Stiffy “I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in Applesauce.”

Host feedback: This was kind of the same game for you, anonymous, as it would be if we had used our normal EB accounts. I hoped you would put up a good defense, but you ended up being used as a pawn. I think you did what you could for giving suspicions for the next day, but you didn't seem to have enough fight. Perhaps you believed Helena Hippopaw (def) was a Power Role who had a good reason to believe Purplonia Pink (PirateDave84) was Town, but that still doesn't mean the Town should lose one of their numbers. Pick up the fight. If you gave the Town a reason to keep you around or believe you, it would make it all that more difficult for Helena Hippopaw (def) to, so confidently, run that gambit. If you'd have been more active before that, maybe you wouldn't even have been a lynch target. Get involved. Even if your opinions have already been stated, repeat them, tell the person who stated them that you agree, PM that person. Be an active player and proactive at finding the Scum and the Town will not want to lynch you, or at least make it harder for them to. Thanks for playing.

orion_kettleboil.jpg

Name: Orion Kettleboil (Tamamono)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as an Astronomer. You have the strange personality quirk of grooming people and eating bugs our of their fur, hair and feathers.

Action: Your wand is made of River Birch with a Dragon Heartstring core. You aren’t particularly good at magic yet, but you do have the power of your vote.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Fiona Phuckgood “A dick beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure!”

Host feedback: I always enjoy having you in my games. You're tenacious and smart. I was always happy when you posted, especially in the later days, because you seemed to have an idea of what was going on and were analyzing things pretty well. Two things I would like to point out. First, your involvement in the "Wong Wang doesn't have the same role PM" was disappointing. I wasn't sure if I should give penalty votes in that situation since the Town was making a horrible and false accusation. Drubulum Panck (Palathadric) and Ariattny Sugarbottom (Scubacarrot) were 100% freakin' incorrect that the Scum even had a different role PM, let a lone that Wong didn't have the "Town role PM" so it was best to let them hang themselves for skirting the rules and blatantly being ignorant to the role PMs I posted being for both the Town and Scum. Then, you swooped in and blatantly asked Wong Wang (KingoftheZempk) what his role PM said and I had to award all three of you penalty votes. Secondly, it was interesting that although you seemed to know what was going on, the Scum seemed to easily cast suspicion onto you and lead others to believe you were Scummy, due to your low activity. A lot of people listed you at the top of their suspect list after Drubulum Panck (Palathadric) and while Firuz Foxtail (Kristel) would've been the next day's lynch had Nicholas Dickory (Capt. Redblade) been night killed and the Town had the numbers, they couldn't have afforded a mislynch after that and it looks like the Town may have gone for you. So, that's a good thing to keep in mind that even little things like participation level can give the Scum something to mislead others on. Overall, though, good game.

snarky_snickerpuss.jpg

Name: Snarky Snickerpuss (Sandy)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Floo Network Repairman. You have the strange personality quirk of randomly telling knock-knock jokes.

Action: Your wand is made of Willow with a Troll Vein core. You aren’t particularly good at magic yet, but you do have the power of your vote.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Reamus Shtoopin “Your actions suggest that what you fear most of all is testicles. Very wise…”

Host feedback: Oh, Snarky. :laugh: Day one lynch. I still say that if people knew Snarky Snickerpuss was Sandy, nobody would've even thought twice about your statement. So, you were a victim of the anonymous concept. I suppose you could be less snarky... but that would only apply in anonymous games. You did what you could with the cards you were dealt. Being the target of the Gladiator was unfortunate. Wong Wang (KingoftheZempk) did try to switch it to Durmudgelous Krup (Esurient) which would've been a better choice, but it was too late. Granted Durmudgelous Krup (Esurient) was also Town but he was being much more confusing and you would've eventually proven your Penisness. Ha, I hadn't used that yet in player feedback. I'm happy you're the first one with a penis. :snicker: It's fitting... :look: Pun not intended? Thanks for playing. Sorry the biggest Harry Potter fan here didn't have a Night Action and was lynched on Day One. At least the Town didn't lose a Power Role with you.

twatty_tittlesteen.jpg

Name: Twatty Tittlesteen (Trumpetking)

Role: You make your living in the wizarding world as a Barmaid. You have the strange personality quirk of being a hypochondriac, except the diseases you are afraid that you have are completely made up.

Action: Your wand is made of Oak with a Phoenix Heartstring core. You aren’t particularly good at magic yet, but you do have the power of your vote.

Best of luck and don’t forget the wise words of Screwbius Backrid “You’re a slut, Harriet.”

Host feedback: Last but not least, Twatty. Twatty :laugh:, I just love to say it. Great job this game. You've improved a lot. You didn't freak out and get lynched first! Congratulations there. There's still room for a lot of improvement, to be honest. You improved this time because you were focused and active. This gave you a good idea of what was going on and put you in a good position to put information together for the Town. This is where I think you can improve. Really look at what's going on, offer what analysis you can and do your best to get information and theories to the Town. This is a skill that takes a while to hone. But, if you continue to try, you'll eventually be very successful at figuring things out. Yes, you were the Scum kill target and that is a good thing. In this case, it was because they thought you could've been converted to Serial Killer since I accidentally left a blacked-out figure on the roof when taking the Chapter Five photos. :blush: They thought this meant the Serial Killer due was a mentor/mentee. They thought you had potentially been converted because you were discussing and analyzing things. I'm not sure that they found you as a strategical threat, but your activity led them to think that you could've been converted. Be a threat next time. :thumbup: Thanks for playing and congratulations on stepping your game up.

Thanks for the feedback, Hinckley! I do appreciate it when hosts give in depth feedback like this. :thumbup: Once again, great game (for the most part). As for more about the game, I must say I really liked the way you did the comic pages as interludes, it gives a really cool effect. Your humor is not quite my kind of humor, but there was enough fun stuff for me to enjoy, so it's all good. :laugh: I find it hard to comment on the mechanical aspects, but the balance seemed quite fine with me, looking at it later. The Serial Killer team was definitely interesting. Something that could have been done with that perhaps is an actual penalty if the partner dies. As it was, the remaining serial killer half would actually be more effective alone.

Being a Night Action Magnet isn't really a positive thing per se though. I wonder why I am that, though? I guess people tend to target vocal ones. Don't know if it's something to work on, if I am vanilla I want the scum to target me but not the town. If I am town and have an action I obviously want to attract the tracker, doctor, cop... I know my vote for Wang wasn't very smart, but he insisted on it being that way, so there were either two possibilites: he had a different Role PM, or he hadn't looked, and I seem to remember him saying he had looked. So, yeah. I should really have picked up on the fact that you always make the role pm's the same, but I think I figured they might not be, because the PM was in the first post for reference. I don't think my game was as strong as you say, I made quite a few obvious mistakes and confused the town on occasion, but thanks anyway. :laugh: And definitely, I will bite my tongue next time when being targetted with nonsense like here. :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback Hinckley! You were an awesome host. :wub: And, again, thank you for letting me play! I started this game not knowing what the hell to do and this was reflected in my early posts. I have learnt so much from this game (again, thanks to my scum buddies, especially Rick and Pandora :wub: ).

Anyway, for the one day you had in the game, you did an excellent job. Just consider switching things up so you don't become the Serial Killer's favorite target from now on. :thumbup:

Thanks :blush:. And I'll try... I just tend to feel somewhat uncomfortable on day 1, especially when having a role... I need to work on that :blush:

Thanks for the detailed analysis on everyone, as well as the teams. Useful nuggets all around and that kind of effort and thought can only make EB Mafia better. I will work on scumming up my town game. :innocent:

Thanks, so much Hinckley. It always interesting to read this kind of detailed player analysis. I had a fair bit of time at the beginning of the game, so I really tried to throw my all into and put in the time necessary. I also saw the way that no one knew who the others were, as an opportunity to play a sort of leading role for the town. Apparently, I didn't do too well at it, but can't blame me for trying. :grin: Also, I saw this as possibly being my last chance to play mafia in a while. I don't know why, but somehow it just seems to take a long time and a lot of study for me to form any conclusions in mafia, and if I don't have that time I seem to be quite useless. So I think unless I know for certain that I will be able to invest a fair bit of time into it, I will probably not be playing for now. I think every game I am learning new things about note-taking as well and making my note-taking more effective, so hopefully that will help in the future. After Day 2 real life caught up with me, and I found myself dropping to the byline somewhat. I think I really should've contacted Zeph about the "conflicting roles," but Nightshroud seemed to say that Zeph was really after me, and I guess that kind of made me scared. Originally I wanted to vote for him more to see how he would react, but then later on I thought he seemed really scummy.

I think you can safely say that I learned my lesson about night actions. I will never be embarrassed like that again...I hope. :blush:

Fhomess, I really should've known you were Dillpickle. Your devotion to role-play is wonderful, even if it's only posting with beeps and clicks and letting Brickdoctor translate for you. :laugh: You really are one of my favourite players. It's just your PM right after you accused me that threw me off into thinking you were scum. You didn't really sound like you were trying to understand what was happening, but more that you were hoping I would trip up so you could pile the pressure on me. I guess I shouldn't have been so paranoid.

You and Peanuts have been two of my favourite players since the Jedi Temple Massacre. I honestly thought that you were Lulu, and I thought Catalina was Peanuts. :blush:

Tamamono, you were great fun, and I appreciate how you always seem to have such faith in me being town. :sweet: Somehow you never struck me as being very serious this game. :sceptic:

I never really did get a scummy feeling off of you, but we were having a hard time finding scum amid the people we lynched, which made me wonder if my whole thinking process was off and if you really were scum. :laugh:

Walter, I really liked how you played the game in general and I don't think I ever really considered you scum. It was great that you spoke to me early by PM and it would have been greater if we could have found out each others roles. When Belinda told me she knew the vig, you immediately popped into my head, but there was already talk of two bodyguards floating around, and I didn't want to look like I was fishing for roles since my position seemed a bit precarious with Belinda having revealed me to Barkonius, but not him to me.

DarthPotato, it was great playing with you and I was horribly disappointed to see you die just when we had begun to have some good communication going by PM.

King of the Zempk, I really couldn't quite understand what you were trying to pull on me and the others at the end of Day 2. Was there some plan behind it or what? I have to say that I was horribly frustrated that you didn't flip scum. The role PM deal was provided a little weight to vote against you or at least so I thought at the time, but I think I would've done so anyway.

Interesting, that I wasn't in contact with any of the scumsters by PM. :hmpf_bad:

Did anyone else find it obvious that Boris was Cornelius Murdoch? On Day 2 I totally thought it was him. Too bad I decided to protect Scuba over him. :sad:

Thanks for the feedback :classic: Nothing too surprising for those on the Deadboard.

One thing to state though, in defense of some of your interpretations of me: The thing with Nicholas and Gertrude wasn't that I was thought they were scum for voting for me. It was that their explanations for it, including some hypotheses that were way out there (sorry to say) that made me doubt they could believe it. I had no idea who they really were, and their experience and skill level, but I've seen lots of scum come up with unlikely scenarios in order to push for a lynch. And in that situation, I had no idea that scum knew the roles already, so coming up with elaborate, way off base theories to push a lynch that might reveal some town power roles seemed plausibly scummy to me. I really didn't expect scum to have a role cop.

It goes back a few games, but it's never that a vote for me is a scum tell, there's always something about the way it's justified that sets me off. I would say 80% of the time, I don't call it as a scum tell. The explanation the other 20% strikes me as scummy.... not the vote, no, it's not the vote :wink:

Sign in to follow this