Yooha

Puzzle: CM Series by Colour Tones

Hello Everyone!

I would like to play a game, or you can call it a psychological experiment as well.

Since several Collectable Minifigures series had been introduced, I can’t help thinking that every series has a specific “tone”. In some series there are many figures with a white ground color, while in other series many are dark. I guess it was not intentional from TLG, but it is there I think. I wondered how I could interpret it, and I decided I will make a 4x4 “palette” from each series. In every palette one color represents one minifigure. Deciding which color should be used for a certain minifig, I used the CGI image of the series, and picked ONE color for each figure from it. So these are not official Lego colors.

In many cases the choice was pretty clear: the Lizard man is green obviously, but which color to use for the small clown? Red, blue or green? Sometimes this one color is a mixture of the specific colors of the minifig – I didn’t want to use plain white color for many minifigs.

Doing these palettes was great fun, after each one I felt satisfied, thinking “Oh yes, it really looks like the essence of the series. However, putting these palettes next to each other for this post, it seemed that there are many similarities. But if you look them thoroughly, you will see that all are unique.

And this is what I ask from you: Guess! Which one is which?

Maybe some of you – or all of you – think that this guy has lost his pills. “What is he talking about?” “These are just a bunch of colors!” But I do hope, that some of you will have a great time solving it.

guess.png

4 1 7 8 5

9 6 3 10 2

SOLVED!

Edited by Yooha

I don't mean to be rude, but this is quite impossible.

I tried for 20 minutes, then gave up. Some series are easily checkable (like series 6 with two medium blue tones) but in some series it's impossible since you chose colors with your own criteria which doesn't match mine, no matther how long I try.

Sorry

This is rather tough, made harder by the fact there are different colour shades. Are the swatches in the same order as the figures on each series' inserts?

This is rather tough, made harder by the fact there are different colour shades. Are the swatches in the same order as the figures on each series' inserts?

This. The order would make it a lot more solvable, instead of "Guess the colour I'm thinking of" :S It's a nice idea though. And whith all that said, is 2nd row, far left series 9?

And whith all that said, is 2nd row, far left series 9?

Yes it is! I'm intending to make an easier one: three color for each figure, mostly head/torso/legs, doing with the exactly same color for the same LEGO color.

Hm, the color tones now are quiet arbitrary, I admit it. But some hints:

Mr. Gold is not part of series 10 in the quiz. Beside him, gold is very rare, and it doesn't stand together with any yellow.

Very light colored squares are for figures where tha main color is white. Which series contained many white-based figures?

Colors close to yellow are yellow. Which are close to orange (there weren't too many orange based minifigs) it is orange.

A yellow head won't make a square yellow, because it's very common. Yellow squares mean "more" yellow (torso/leg?)

Which series had many browns?

Disco Stu is not white. He had a more "discoisch" color, I chose that.

One series lacks yellow based figures, but there is one colour which is quite frequent there.

And there is one other thing: Even I don't remember, which little square is which figure! I only know which series is which.

No they are not, I thought that would be too easy. Was a big mistake from me..

Edited by Yooha

I haven't given this a shot yet, but for anyone giving it an honest attempt I would suggest disregarding minifigs that have a couple of distinct colors, like the Gnome. Stick to the ones that have one solid color, like the Lizard Suit Guy, Gorilla, Knight...etc.

Top row, far right Series 5?

Bottom row 2nd square, series 6?

Yes and yes!

I cannot follow your solutions so fast :classic: The last three guesses were all 50%.

The solved squares are these:

4 ? ? 8 5

9 6 ? ? 2

(1,3,7 and 10 are missing)

Added to the first post.

I think #1 is the bottom middle, which leaves #3 as 2nd left on the top row.

I can't really remember a lot of the minifigs or which release they were in.

Bottom row, 3rd square series 10

Bottom row 4th square series 3

Top row 2nd square series 1

Top row 3rd square series 7

Bottom row, 3rd square series 10

Bottom row 4th square series 3

Top row 2nd square series 1

Top row 3rd square series 7

50% and since I tell you which one is right, the remaining two are obvious, consider it solved!

Next puzzle (an easier one) coming soon..

That was a neat little puzzle!