WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 7 to 9 Building Contest

EDIT: Question - Does the entry we make HAVE to be for the minifigure we want?

Yes, the submitted entry needs to build for the selected/proposed minifigure for that particular series.

It's to make the contest fair for people who don't have / can't get hold of the figure they want to create a vignette for. This was particularly an issue for the earlier contests which happened prior to their corresponding series being available in some countries.

If the official minifig was allowed to be included if you had it, I suspect entries which did include it would get more votes than those that didn't, therefore entries without the official minifig would be at a disadvantage. Forcing people to have the official minifig would severely restrict some people's choice of entry and possibly stop others from being able to enter at all.

Thank you Darkblane for explaining to Captain Nemo. That is a correct explaination.

Ahh, ok. Eh, still sucks. I don't feel like its a Series 7, 8, or 9 contest if it doesn't actually include anything from those series. Most likely going to give a second thought to entering now.

You may take a few moments to look through at past CMFs contest in Eurobricks under Category A. This might give you a better idea on the entire concept. Even though these CMFs are now readily available, this rule is meant to serve as one of the iconic traditional rule which I intend to uphold, so as to continue promote create vignette entries. That is the challenge.

1. I can have a over-hang of up to 2 studs, but in every direction?

2. So i cant have any 7-9 Figures/Pieces in my entre(s)

3. Can i Enter in all 3 catagories?

1) Yes, I allow overhang. Please refer to this rule (A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.). However, 'in every direction', I do not deem it as 'reasonable'. Therefore, please exercise your own discretion.

2) Please refer and read all of the 'Important Notes' carefully under each Category 7A to 9A, that is the main differentiation rule.

3) Yes, you may enter all 3 categories with one eligible entry each.

Can I already submit an entry?

Yes, the contest is now 'LIVE'.

I have a question as well. The rules state from 8A and 9A that minifigures from the previous series are allowed, yet the 8A and 9A contests say that you can't use any Series 7 (8A and 9A), or 8 (9A) figures in the entries. Was there a mistake there, or am I misreading the rules. Thanks!

I have a question as well. The rules state from 8A and 9A that minifigures from the previous series are allowed, yet the 8A and 9A contests say that you can't use any Series 7 (8A and 9A), or 8 (9A) figures in the entries. Was there a mistake there, or am I misreading the rules. Thanks!

In summary, Category 7A does not allow anything from Series 7, 8 and 9. Category 8A does not allow anything from Series 8 and 9 but allow Series 7. Category 9A does not allow anything from Series 9 but allow Series 7 and 8.

Please read the main rules in this discussion thread carefully. I will go through those duplicate rules for the entries threads. This discussion thread is the overview for all 3 building categories.

Hope it clarifies.

In addition, all past LEGO CMFs Series 1 to 6 are allowed to be used for all categories.

Is is necessary that the vig be on a square base, or is the requirement that the bottom stud count not exceed 64? (eg, a 4x16, or something irregular, not a quadrilateral?)

When you say that only official stickers can be used, is that limited to stickers from a set? Can I use stickers from one of the DK books or any other source that uses licensed Lego stickers?

Ah, it's here at last :sweet:. Now I know what I'll be doing after I'm done with my Fabuland entries :wink:. Now whatever happened to categories 7B, 8B and 9B? :tongue:

Brilliant! I've got some ideas for S9, but I may enter all of them! :excited:

Oh, and tell Brickthing that his poster for this is amazing! :sweet:

This is great! The colours work really well, the theme is instantly recognisable and the base is just awesome. Well done!

Yay! At long last, the CMF contest returns! :sweet: I will try to enter as usual. But is there no category B this time? I'm just asking because each category is labeled with an "A" at the end. :look:

cool

To duplicate what I said in your introductory topic:

Hello the mad bricker, and welcome to Eurobricks!

Please note that we expect a reasonable level of care and attention when posting, in particular with regard to spelling an punctuation, but also in regard to the content of your posts. Short one-word posts are generally not acceptable. Please bear this in mind, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time on EB.

Thanks for understanding.

I must ask, rule for 7A:

"but not new ones from Series 7 like the Grandma's Visitor's pinic basket, Evil Knight's shield, Tennis Ace's racket, Bagpiper's bagpipe, etc, for example."

Isn't the picnic basket a part from Friends line, and the tennis racket from previous CMF lines? Are we talking just about colors, or the mold piece itself?

I must ask, rule for 7A:

"but not new ones from Series 7 like the Grandma's Visitor's pinic basket, Evil Knight's shield, Tennis Ace's racket, Bagpiper's bagpipe, etc, for example."

Isn't the picnic basket a part from Friends line, and the tennis racket from previous CMF lines? Are we talking just about colors, or the mold piece itself?

Hmmm, I guess I have a similar question. I can't use the DJ's record, but could I use similar records from the Haunted House? Can we use a laptop from the Friends line if we're not allowed to use the computer nerd's?

Hi all, I'm keen to try building my first vignette. I was wondering for the theme, does Town include historical settings or just modern settings? I wanted to try building a historical scene for the Roman emperor but not sure if it fits in the Town category.

Hi all, I'm keen to try building my first vignette. I was wondering for the theme, does Town include historical settings or just modern settings? I wanted to try building a historical scene for the Roman emperor but not sure if it fits in the Town category.

I'm no authority, and mods, tell me if I'm overstepping my bounds, but that rule seems to have only applied to the series 1 contest. Edited by FoggyNelson

I'm no authority, and mods, tell me if I'm overstepping my bounds, but that rule seems to have only applied to the series 1 contest.

I think I am getting a little confused because even though the rules said "Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme", some of the entries that have been submitted have named the theme of the vignette.

So when the rules state "It can be Town, Medieval, Wild West, Fantasy or even Space", I wasn't sure if themes are restricted to these specific themes only?

Hi,

Are there any links to the winners from the past contests? I've only seen the various entries.

Thanks.

Edit: In addition, I have a specific question about my build but can't use the PM system yet (new user). How should I go about asking this question?

Edited by pillpod

I think I am getting a little confused because even though the rules said "Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme", some of the entries that have been submitted have named the theme of the vignette.

So when the rules state "It can be Town, Medieval, Wild West, Fantasy or even Space", I wasn't sure if themes are restricted to these specific themes only?

It also says that in the title you're supposed to specify category in the rules. So, put what theme it is, but any is allowed, I believe.

Hey The Joker1,

8522182576_6aff5a0184.jpg

Maybe you didn't know this, but the cape for prime squadmaster zalux is in the Alien Villainess in Collectible minifigs series 8.

Edited by ridgekitten

Apologies another question.

Are we allowed to use minifigs or parts from recent sets which have come out since the minifigs? e.g. a red ninjago straw hat? a turtles minifig. Ice batman? In the same way can we use Chima bricks in the new colours?

Just wondering?

Dear all,

Apologies for the long wait as I just got back from overseas. Let me get to the questions which I have not answered.

For info: The rules in the first post is as 'clear' as it is. I always strive to make my rules as clear as possible and I don't really allow or encouraging participants to skirt around my rules without reasonable safe assumption. Just a pointer for all to note.

For the participants for Category 7A, 8A and 9A: I have noticed a few of the participants have violated the rules and I will urge participants to re-examine your entry once more, together with the contest rules. If your entry is found to be non-compliance against the rules, then it will be deem as pending until corrections is done OR the entry is deem as disqualified as it approaches the contest deadline. In that aspect, please give it a reasonable near-close deadline of 7 to 14 days.

Is is necessary that the vig be on a square base, or is the requirement that the bottom stud count not exceed 64? (eg, a 4x16, or something irregular, not a quadrilateral?)

Yes to a certain creative extent, based on the Rules Line 1: "Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.)." It can be of any base shape but the boundaries must be confine within 8x8. We are looking based on its perimeter and we are not viewing it as a form of area.

When you say that only official stickers can be used, is that limited to stickers from a set? Can I use stickers from one of the DK books or any other source that uses licensed Lego stickers?

Based on the Rules Line 8: "No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers." In this context, I refer to official TLG sets which include stickers that allowed to be used. The rest are not permitted.

On an important note, I will like to emphasis that this is a building contest that showcase the builder's talent instead of focusing of the aesthetics enhancements that can be obtained through stickers as a form of realism influence.

So, do you post images on Flickr and then link to them in your comment on the entry thread?

You may host your contest images on an image hosting website like Flickr or equivalent. Read the rules that is required that you need to furbish for entry submission in the respective topic which is parked under a centralised umbrella for each contesting category.

Ah, it's here at last :sweet:. Now I know what I'll be doing after I'm done with my Fabuland entries :wink:. Now whatever happened to categories 7B, 8B and 9B? :tongue:

Geez, Category 7B, 8B and 9B has went back to the drawing board! :tongue:

Brilliant! I've got some ideas for S9, but I may enter all of them! :excited:

Oh, and tell Brickthing that his poster for this is amazing! :sweet:

Thanks! EB Staff, Brickthing has always been a huge support to present and past EB LEGO CMF contests!

This is great! The colours work really well, the theme is instantly recognisable and the base is just awesome. Well done!

I moved your comment earlier from Category 8A to the discussion thread. Members may post their thoughts on participants' entries in this discussion thread.

Yay! At long last, the CMF contest returns! :sweet: I will try to enter as usual. But is there no category B this time? I'm just asking because each category is labeled with an "A" at the end. :look:

It is a kind of EB CMF tradition! Don't you find it nostalgic? :wink:

I must ask, rule for 7A:

"but not new ones from Series 7 like the Grandma's Visitor's picnic basket, Evil Knight's shield, Tennis Ace's racket, Bagpiper's bagpipe, etc, for example."

Picnic basket is a new element before the release of the LEGO Friends line. Tennis Racket in navy blue is considered new! In this aspect, I am talking about brand new parts or unique parts in any new forms or existing forms but in different colours. Such elements are not allowed based on the contesting category.

Hmmm, I guess I have a similar question. I can't use the DJ's record, but could I use similar records from the Haunted House? Can we use a laptop from the Friends line if we're not allowed to use the computer nerd's?

Yes, you may use other DJ's record apart from Series 8, if you are contesting for Category 7A and Category 8A. However, if you are contesting for Category 9A, the DJ's record from Series 8 is allowed.

Same concept applies for the laptop if you are very sure of the releasing timeline.

I did not restrict the participants onto any themes to match any specific minifigures that you are intending to build for! Let your imagination and creative flows!

I'm no authority, and mods, tell me if I'm overstepping my bounds, but that rule seems to have only applied to the series 1 contest.

No, not really.

As mentioned, any themes for any specific minifigure that you have selected. As long you are able to make logical sense in your presentation, that is totally acceptable.

Are there any links to the winners from the past contests? I've only seen the various entries.

Thanks.

Edit: In addition, I have a specific question about my build but can't use the PM system yet (new user). How should I go about asking this question?

Please refer to this link for the resources as compiled by Rufus.

You may use the PM system once you have reach 10 posts.

It also says that in the title you're supposed to specify category in the rules. So, put what theme it is, but any is allowed, I believe.

As long you specify the selected/intended minifigure for your particular scene.

Apologies another question.

Are we allowed to use minifigs or parts from recent sets which have come out since the minifigs? e.g. a red ninjago straw hat? a turtles minifig. Ice batman? In the same way can we use Chima bricks in the new colours?

Just wondering?

These mentioned elements are perfectly alright and acceptable. I am more fussy on the inappropriate usage of certain LEGO CMF new elements for Series 7 to 9 for the intended contesting categories.

Hey The Joker1,

8522182576_6aff5a0184.jpg

Maybe you didn't know this, but the cape for prime squadmaster zalux is in the Alien Villainess in Collectible minifigs series 8.

Thank you for pointing it out but I have dropped a PM to notify The Joker1 for his amendments on his contesting entry.

Post moved.

very cute !

Post moved to the discussion thread.

"An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it"

Does this mean that I can upload another picture with the minifigure in it?

Second question: I understand that I cannot use a minifigure stand to show where it should be. Can I use a blank minifigure?

Sorry for these questions but I don't want to make any mistakes.

Is there a limit in the number of minifigures I can include in a vignette?

Thanks...