Sign in to follow this  
Bob

The Pearl - Day One

banner.png

The Pearl - Day One

Welcome Aboard

It had been a relatively quiet night aboard the M.S. Pearl after everyone had retired to bed. The ship lurched forward again after the engines had been fixed. Most of the vessel, packed with guests, had no idea of the theft of the diamond or the subsequent "game" that was going to occur in the cordoned off Ice Lounge. Only those that had been in the lounge itself were subject to investigation and the consequential "mafia" that the Captain had set up.

As for the Captain himself, he had changed back into his old uniform.

img_5957.jpg

"As you all know, the ship is moving again however we are still without a radio." Bob said.

"What type of ship uses one radio?" a guest asked. "Furthermore, where are all of our cell phones and other electronic devices? We live in the Internet age. Can't we email someone?"

"All of that is broken."

"Broken?" someone asked.

"Yes. The thieves broke the Internet and are blocking all cell phones with a device. Stop asking logical questions."

"OK." the guests said.

"Now then, I'll be off and I'll be leaving you in the capable hands of our cruise director and the First Officer. I'll be back at the end of the day for the interrogation."

img_5963.jpg

And with that, the Captain departed the Ice Lounge leaving the guests and the staff to try out this new "mafia" that the Captain had forced upon them.

~~~

Players:

alice.jpg

Alice (Passenger) - Played by Rumble Strike

barbara.jpg

Barbara (Passenger) - Played by Def

betty.jpg

Betty (Passenger) - Played by Waterbrick Down

bill.jpg

Bill (First Officer) - Played by Capt. Redblade

bristol.jpg

Bristol (Lounge Singer) - Played by Peanuts

diane.jpg

Diane (Passenger) - Played by TrumpetKing67

george.jpg

George (Passenger) - Played by The Legonater

holly.jpg

Holly (Passenger) - Played by Nightshroud99

jack.jpg

Jack (Medical Officer) - Played by Piratedave84

jonathan.jpg

Jonathan (Passenger) - Played by Hinckley

jordan.jpg

Jordan (Passenger) - Played by Tamamono

lauren.jpg

Lauren (Lifeguard) - Played by Scubacarrot

mary.jpg

Mary (Passenger) - Played by TheBoyWonder

matthew.jpg

Matthew (Passenger) - Played by Adam

michael.jpg

Michael (Passenger) - Played by badboytje88

paul.jpg

Paul (Passenger) - Played by Dannylonglegs

phil.jpg

Phil (Passenger) - Played by Rufus

pierre.jpg

Pierre (Waiter) - Played by CallMePie

richard.jpg

Richard (Passenger) - Played by ADHO15

scott.jpg

Scott (Engineer) - Played by CorneliusMurdock

stacy.jpg

Stacy (Cruise Director) - Played by Sandy

susan.jpg

Susan (Passenger) - Played by TinyPiesRUs

thomas.jpg

Thomas (Passenger) - Captain Genaro

timothy.jpg

Timothy (Passenger) - Played by Palathadric

Reserves:

Ferrik

Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play. That character will be aligned with either the Innocents or the Thieves. To win the game, the Innocents must vote or kill off all the Thieves, while the Thieves need to outnumber the Innocents. Additionally, keep on the look out for other factions. Each character was given a sort of “bare-bones” description. Expand on your character a bit, give them their own tropes and play with them.

2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During a day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting must be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after those 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. Don't edit your posts.

9. Post in all of the day threads or else.

10. There are no clues in the pictures. If you feel I inserted a clue in a picture, please tell me privately and don’t make a fit of it in the thread.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5-vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Your character will also die in the most gruesome and awful way possible. I also won't cry.

12. Everyday there will be a certain “event” or theme aboard the ship. You will be told what said event is and you may participate or act accordingly to the event. You must post during this time. I won’t tolerate lurking or inactivity in this game.

13. Have fun! This is a cruise ship and a vacation, put all the seriousness aside and post all you want.

Edited by Bob

img_5966.jpg

Stacy, the cruise director, took the stage with the event and theme of the day.

"Today, in honor of Fabuland Month, we're having a Fabuland themed day! Details on activities later."

Shortly thereafter, another person took the stage.

img_5967.jpg

"Achtung!" Chef Ernest cried. "Today for breakfast will be eggs benedict served with a warm Hollandaise sauce. Breakfast will be served shortly."

(Whoever catches the Chef Ernest reference will receive extra Hollandaise)

Not the internets, how am I supposed to update my Facebook hourly with bathroom pics?

And now it's Fabuland month, my Iphone is broken, people are, like, dead, and now there are festivities afoot! What sort of mad cruise is this??

Who would break the Internet? How exactly can one break a signal anyway? :S

I would suppose that someone, aside from breaking our radio, impeded the transmission from our phones to the satellites relaying the signals. :look:

But what do I know, satellites are all totally, like, rocket science to me. :sceptic:

So, Fabuland activities, that sounds, like, super exciting! Can't wait to see what's that all about :sweet:

Mmmm, eggs benedict. :moar: Goes extremely well with toast! :wub:

Like the bunny costume. :thumbup: Is this a prelude to some kind of furry party? :look: Not that Betty and I would know anything about that. :sadnew:

Well ... this is interesting!

Are we going to play dress-up? Shotgun on the walrus costume!

No for the required "oh-no" first post:

OH NO!!! We must find the killers, horse killers, cult members, burglars before it's too late!

Has anyone got lie-detector cookies or any sort of one-time-use-odd-ability-sandwiches?

"Breakfast will be served shortly."

And yet only the chef will get any credit for it... :sadnew:

I would suppose that someone, aside from breaking our radio, impeded the transmission from our phones to the satellites relaying the signals. :look:

The girl makes sense; more so than the captain anyway. I shall look out of the window for any passing satellites to which we can send a call for help. Somebody prepare a message in a bottle!

Like the bunny costume. :thumbup: Is this a prelude to some kind of furry party? :look: Not that Betty and I would know anything about that. :sadnew:

Mhhm, Furry Party? Kinky, I'm sure Michael would be up for something like that...

How vulgar! That is not the kind of cruise I signed up for! Although a rabbit costume would appear to be an improvement upon the drab outfits you two have adopted.

Has anyone got lie-detector cookies or any sort of one-time-use-odd-ability-sandwiches?

Why don't you keep an eye out at breakfast?

By the way, I am not too fond of eggs, so I suppose I shall make do with a nibble on this plant here by the window.

By the way, I am not too fond of eggs, so I suppose I shall make do with a nibble on this plant here by the window.

That's plastic, sir.

Would you like to wash it down with some wine?

Told you I'd get those engines fixed. I did that, right?

As for the internets, I don't know how those things go, so we're out of luck. Don't make the ship go any faster anyhow.

Why was there a giant diamond/ruby on the ship anyway? I'd better go to the engine room and get someone to fix this plothole I just fell into. Dos anyone remember which way the engine room is?

A furry party? Sounds fun! :sweet:

Too bad I'm part of the staff, and not a "(passenger)".

The girl makes sense; more so than the captain anyway. I shall look out of the window for any passing satellites to which we can send a call for help. Somebody prepare a message in a bottle!

Yay, that Top Hat Guy thinks I'm making sense! :cry_happy: Maybe I should've studied rocket science after all...

I'm sorry, sir, but we only serve those during dinner hours.

By the way, Stacy, is there a lion costume in there for me?

Hopefully we can find these blasted thieves soon. Only thing worse than thieves is p-p-pi-pir-pira... these guys: :pirate:

That's plastic, sir.

Would you like to wash it down with some wine?

Yummy, plastic is my favourite!

No, thank you, good man. That would only be print on a plastic bottle.

Told you I'd get those engines fixed. I did that, right?

Why was there a giant diamond/ruby on the ship anyway? I'd better go to the engine room and get someone to fix this plothole I just fell into. Dos anyone remember which way the engine room is?

Good question. Care to shed some light on this, captain?

We are all grateful for you work, sir, but I must ask why the engineer is permitted to wander around the ship when the rest of us are being held in this lounge? Who knows what he could be getting up to whilst he is 'finding his way'.

No, thank you, good man. That would only be print on a plastic bottle.

I know, but the vaguely fruity transparent polycarbonate goes lovely with the robust green ABS of the plant.

Why was there a giant diamond/ruby on the ship anyway?

The same reason we have such a gem of a lounge singer, obviously. That is, I don't know, but it's fun to stare at. :wub:

Who knows what he could be getting up to whilst he is 'finding his way'.

You saying I'm lost? Okay, maybe a little. This is a pretty big ship, dude. The engine room is in the back of the ship, right?

There are two things that I love in this world: breakfast and baseball. And I'm all outta baseball. :wacko:

I don't know what these fancy eggs are, but if it's food, I'll eat it! :moar:

I kept on telling my husband that we needed to get away from all that techno-mumbo jumbo, but I'd never thought it would happen like this. Anyways, get a grip people, we can survive a brief respite away from all that buzzing a whirring of all those gadgets and gizmos, besides now is not the time for distractions but for action. But first, breakfast. :moar:

I know, but the vaguely fruity transparent polycarbonate goes lovely with the robust green ABS of the plant.

Ooh, hearing you talk about inedible plastic in that French accent is making my mouth water!

You saying I'm lost? Okay, maybe a little. This is a pretty big ship, dude. The engine room is in the back of the ship, right?

Well I am no expert, but I would have thought it'd be at the front such as in my magnificent automobile. But then the propellers and exhaust and the like will be on the back under the water, so I would not know where to look either. Do we have a cartographer on board? :wacko:

Yes, Fabuland month! Hands up, how many of you are furry fetishists? Anyone?

... Damn.

I sure am honey!

Oh, there's one! Good, good... The plans for tonight are progressing nicely. :wink:

A furry party? Sounds fun! :sweet:

And another! The more the merrier.

Remember people! Wait a while after eating before going for a swim, you don't want cramps, I will have to safe you!

So I'm just wondering, I got this Crew Number assigned. Mine is 3658. Could I hear some others, please?

And I misspelt save there, oh my. :cry_sad:

More spelling errors... Please don't mind them, I am aware...

Yes, Fabuland month! Hands up, how many of you are furry fetishists? Anyone?

... Damn.

Oh, there's one! Good, good... The plans for tonight are progressing nicely. :wink:

And another! The more the merrier.

I'm sure Holly wouldn't mind if you were to join in our nightly activities.

Hey folks, loveable Babs here. I'm non-plussed about sleeping in the iceberg lounge with you all, and request you are conservative with your edibles since I don't see a shower, and we might start getting a bit ripe after a few days in here.

Just some interesting things I noted from Bob's rules:

That character will be aligned with either the Innocents or the Thieves. To win the game, the Innocents must vote or kill off all the Thieves, while the Thieves need to outnumber the Loyalists. Additionally, keep on the look out for other factions.

Are we to assume Innocents are Loyalists? And I think from this that there is either a serial killer, or a second mafia, or both. I think the plural of faction was deliberate. Hopefully they'll be working at cross-purposes and take each other out here and there :sweet:

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5-vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Your character will also die in the most gruesome and awful way possible. I also won't cry.

Rules below 11 have no penalty. Interesting :look:

12. Everyday there will be a certain “event” or theme aboard the ship. You will be told what said event is and you may participate or act accordingly to the event. You must post during this time.

Furry day is mandatory... Except the rule won't be enforced because it was a below rule :wink:

I won’t tolerate lurking or inactivity in this game.

The last thing we can learn is that Bob has a great sense of irony. Either that, or none whatsoever! :laugh:

Anyway, if we're going to dress up as animals, day one is the day to do it, before the stank starts building up. I've always been partial to pink :wub: A pink bear costume would be quite nice!