Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

Vakama Hordika also went evil at one point if I remember right.

Yes, but that twist was insignificant to the Web Of Shadows story.

That counts for sure. I guess I just didn't think of Nidhiki, or Brutaka for that matter, because when they were introduced they were already evil (or in Brutaka's case, just not good).

Both Brutaka and Tuyet are more of an anti-heroes I think.

Eh, Brutaka is pretty firmly on the side of good, he just had a crisis of faith (ignoring the simplistic message of "all it takes to believe in your god is proof that it exists lol"). Tuyet could come closer to the definition of anti-Hero, if she wasn't so one-dimensional in the more recent serials.

ANYHOW. So because I'm in France (like I haven't already mentioned that) I was redirected to the French LEGO club website, where I discovered that their versions of the magazine are different than America's. More specific to Hero Factory, I found this image from the issue before this most recent one.

This means I'm going to have to search every magazine for new things, doesn't it?

Wow. Nice pic. Kinda makes me want a Brain colored like that. All shiny and crystal-y.

Kalhiki

Some of that is compression, since their interactive magazine isn't particularly smooth.

I think that on the whole the brains look a lot better with their normal translucent look than they do with full, glass-like transparency. On the actual brains, it's easier to make out their brain-like texture, and the red plastic on the inside doesn't show through except where it extends to the outside, like the eyes and spines. I suppose it's a moot point though since none of the rubber materials LEGO uses have can have that kind of glassy transparent look to begin with.

Just got him recently. It glows quite well. It apparently got enough light just sitting around the house to the point where it would visibly glow. Of course, black light will always be the best when giving it a charge.

However, I'm not sure if they all glow that well. LegoJANG mentioned in his review that his faded really fast.

Kalhiki

I wonder why that is? Maybe because it's made of rubber? I know my Piraka Teeth and Gadunka head and whatnot still glow if I leave them out.

Edited by CabooseBM

when you make the review, can you put the pictures of all three combiners from summer wave?

Maaaybe.

From what I've seen so far, the combiners don't interest me all that much, and it wouldn't surprise me if the instructions aren't even online yet (which was also the reason why I didn't built the Breez/Ogrum combiner back then).

Also, I don't have Evo, so I can only make two of the combiners.

So maybe I'll try at least Stormer's combiner, but I wouldn't count on it.

Maaaybe.

From what I've seen so far, the combiners don't interest me all that much, and it wouldn't surprise me if the instructions aren't even online yet (which was also the reason why I didn't built the Breez/Ogrum combiner back then).

Also, I don't have Evo, so I can only make two of the combiners.

So maybe I'll try at least Stormer's combiner, but I wouldn't count on it.

at least, a closer pictures from the back of packaging?

I wonder why that is? Maybe because it's made of rubber? I know my Piraka Teeth and Gadunka head and whatnot still glow if I leave them out.

Well, it's only the solid white piece that glows. Not the whole slug. So only the eyes and horns.

Which is kinda sad because the dragon head's eye holes are a bit too low and stick out, so you really only see a portion of the eyes.

Kalhiki

Edited by Kalhiki

Well, it's only the solid white piece that glows. Not the whole slug. So only the eyes and horns.

Which is kinda sad because the dragon head's eye holes are a bit too low and stick out, so you really only see a portion of the eyes.

Kalhiki

That's disappointing. I was hoping the glowing white piece would have some nice light up effect on the brain.

at least, a closer pictures from the back of packaging?

That's a sure thing. I scanned the back of the bags, just like I did recently in the reviews of Chi Eris and Chi Cragger. :wink:

That's a sure thing. I scanned the back of the bags, just like I did recently in the reviews of Chi Eris and Chi Cragger. :wink:

great! thanks. now i wiil get to see clearer pictures of the combiners.

Could anyone who owns Stormer post a comparison between his new helmet and the classic one? Thanks in advance.

Could anyone who owns Stormer post a comparison between his new helmet and the classic one? Thanks in advance.

I second this. I don't really like how the jaw of the new helmet is connected to the mouth portion of the inner helmet, unlike the original.

I love this theme. Too bad it's not that popular

That's a bit of a strange view. Hero factory as a franchise is very popular especially amongst kids as is any theme of Lego. The constraction line is not in any danger of poor sales; While yes, some lines such as the Superheroes and Chima action figures may only have one wave, Hero factory itself has not only kept a toyline going, but also a CGI series and though word has dropped on it, a possible Live action movie in the works. To those who enjoyed Bionicle a great deal such as I, some may not like HF as much due to it's rapidly changing style away from the complexity of Bionicle, but newer fans of Lego are sure to fall into this theme very easily.

Actually, the combiners are on Lego's customer service website, with the regular instructions.

I think he meant the summer ones, which don't appear to be on HF.com, at least not that I can find.

Edit: Nevermind, they are in fact on the customer service website (which keeps glitching out on me, regardless).

Edited by Dorek

I second this. I don't really like how the jaw of the new helmet is connected to the mouth portion of the inner helmet, unlike the original.

I took a comparison picture of the two helmets (I also put Stormer's 2.0 helmet next to them, just because I could do so).

And I'm sorry that I still haven't written any new reviews yet. I'm kinda lazy and partly busy with other stuff. But I already took the pictures of almost all sets (only Dragon Bolt is still in his bag).

Maybe I'll start writing Stormer's and Frost Beast's reviews tomorrow.

I think he meant the summer ones, which don't appear to be on HF.com, at least not that I can find.

Edit: Nevermind, they are in fact on the customer service website (which keeps glitching out on me, regardless).

Ah, in that case I might try Stormer's combiner out if I can find the instructions. I can clearly remember I wasn't able to get the instructions for the Breez/Ogrum combiner back then when the Brain Attack sets were released.

Edited by ZORK64

Switch the countries if for whatever reason they don't show up on yours; LEGO has a bit of discrepancy here and there when it comes to localization, even though it should all come from the same place.

Just received the official norwegian lego catalogue today, as suspected Jet Rocka will never be released in this country, just like Speeda demon from last year, the Drop ship etc.

I didn't plan on buying it as I can't take having another Rocka, but still it is quite the bummer with the option not being there.

Edited by exxtrooper

I fear UK and Europe (except Germany and Switzerland, they're alread out there) are getting the new sets in August, like the past 2 years. I wish we got them in July, like Bionicle..