Kristel

MOC: Coveted Clutch (modular shop)

Wow!

Very elegant building with nice interior! Great job!!!

As always, simply nice.!

Never deceived with your creation !

It sure looks like an expensive store! Great work.

Thanks for the nice comments, mephistopheles, castor-troy and badboytje. I'm glad you like it.

Kristel, I love your 16-wide buildings, and I especially love the interior in this one. Lovely colors and beautiful design :wub:. It's time you got

See it on Classic-Town.net

I love the work and attention to architectural detail applied in this piece. Great work Kristel, I hope to begin MOC Modulars once I've 'cut my teeth' on the reviews and MODs of my classic town sets. Your an inspiration :blush:

Kristel, I love your 16-wide buildings, and I especially love the interior in this one. Lovely colors and beautiful design :wub:. It's time you got

See it on Classic-Town.net

Thanks, Cecilie, this means a lot to me!

I love the work and attention to architectural detail applied in this piece. Great work Kristel, I hope to begin MOC Modulars once I've 'cut my teeth' on the reviews and MODs of my classic town sets. Your an inspiration :blush:

Thanks, gazumpty. I found that modding the City buildings and Creator houses into 16-wide modulars was a great way to start with modular buildings. I look forward to seeing your MOC modulars soon!

Hey Kristal, how did you get the stairs to extend a bit over the standard peg offset at the beginning I can see the whole front of the first floor is extended back a bit. You can see how the walls overlap the wooden floor wheich is how i noticed. Would you mind sharing some insight into that? How did you get everything to line up? The spacing is really awesome but i can seam to figure it out myself.

Hey Kristal, how did you get the stairs to extend a bit over the standard peg offset at the beginning I can see the whole front of the first floor is extended back a bit. You can see how the walls overlap the wooden floor wheich is how i noticed. Would you mind sharing some insight into that? How did you get everything to line up? The spacing is really awesome but i can seam to figure it out myself.

Hi rubberninja,

The walls either side of the front window and the front door are not offset, but overlap with the timber floor (which is offset) by resting on the timber floor where the overlap is. The picture below probably explains it better than I can in words.

8791472840_80f10b3d3c.jpg

A similar technique is used between the timber floor and the section where the stairs are, the only difference is that it is done with plates and stud jumpers.

Shameless self promotion plug time :blush: : The picture is an extract from the instructions for the Coveted Clutch, which I have listed on BrickLink.

Thats really cool Kristel, i love your technique. You are def one of my favorite builders on this site. Your explanation definitely makes sense but i would love to see the details more closely so i just bought the instructions from bricklink :)

Thats really cool Kristel, i love your technique. You are def one of my favorite builders on this site. Your explanation definitely makes sense but i would love to see the details more closely so i just bought the instructions from bricklink :)

You've just become my favourite EB member! :wub: :wub:

I absolutely love the whole front facade of this building. Have been trying to figure out if I could duplicate it. Now excited to see you made the instructions available. I have been toying around with the idea of trying to build your psychiatrist office too. Probably just changing occupants in both. I love the detail you get into the 16 wides. I think with the exception of the official ones I'm going to stick with 16 wides ( just for lack of space) thanks to your inspiration seeing what can be achieved.

This is a nice shop. After a while it gets hard to think of different shops to build. i know there are so many. but the mind goes to mush. It is good to see inspiration from a MOC like this, neat, clean and tidy whilst being obvious what it is at first glance. Very good.

I absolutely love the whole front facade of this building. Have been trying to figure out if I could duplicate it. Now excited to see you made the instructions available. I have been toying around with the idea of trying to build your psychiatrist office too. Probably just changing occupants in both. I love the detail you get into the 16 wides. I think with the exception of the official ones I'm going to stick with 16 wides ( just for lack of space) thanks to your inspiration seeing what can be achieved.

This is a nice shop. After a while it gets hard to think of different shops to build. i know there are so many. but the mind goes to mush. It is good to see inspiration from a MOC like this, neat, clean and tidy whilst being obvious what it is at first glance. Very good.

Thanks for the kind words! The AFOL community has inspired me so much, so it's really nice when I can give some inspiration to other builders.

null_zps4f4e060c.jpg

Kristal, I am almost done with my CC and I wanted to let you know how rewarding and enjoyable a build it was/is. I would recommend anyone to purchase the instructions from your bricklink store. I am enjoying the build very much. I really love it. Steller job :)

Edited by rubberninja

Kristal, I am almost done with my CC and I wanted to let you know how rewarding and enjoyable a build it was/is. I would recommend anyone to purchase the instructions from your bricklink store. I am enjoying the build very much. I really love it. Steller job :)

Thanks, rubberninja! This means a lot to me.