DarkSurgeXL

Legends of Chima 2013 (Action Figures)

I wonder if we'll get Legend Beast ultrabuilds. Probably not, although there's always a chance.

Well, it seems the Raven Ultrabuild will have dark red wing pieces with gold cladding, not to mention a dark red and gold head that reminds me of the Warp Stinger from Galaxy Squad with a beak instead of an antenna.

Also, the Gorilla seems to have a black savage planet paw with keetongorange claws, a grey Hulk chestplate, two black `basic` chest armor pieces (one on his arm), two black of those strange partially elongated shells in black as extra shoulder armor and a gold shield on his arm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnR4N9bsXYU

You can see the figures at 1:45, with cragger using the same blades as frost beast. It's clearly prototypes, though. You can also see the Gorilla and the Raven action figures at 2:04.

So, unless those are prototypes as well, the birds wings won’t use new pieces, except maybe the body of the wing itself.

Gorzan is using a Stormer XL/Hulk torso plate! That better be titanium metallic and NOT dark bley.

Sad that the wings aren't new pieces. I loved the Dragon wings used in the Vikings theme, and I'd like to have a feathered variation of it.

The Gorilla is pretty interesting. Grey Hulk chest and whatnot. Also seems to have an ammo belt filled with bananas.

Not really interested in these, though. But at least the parts are nice. May want to get Cragger just for the croc head.

Kalhiki

Seriously? I would love a dark bley Hulk chestpiece. And you´re right Kalhki, what I first thought was a blurred claw is in fact an ammo belt with bananas. I wonder what the Gorilla will use for a Chi Core.

Looks like Cragger's feet are black, which is a bit of a disappointment, but everything else is AWESOME.

Cragger seems to be the better deal here. Sure his cladding has been used on Ogrum, but you get more of that here. That, and his staff is badass.

Laval's cool too I suppose. Missing those old feet though. Hopefully his fur cladding will go on Pick-a-Brick when he's released. Could use some of those.

You all know those are prelims, right? The final ones are the ones we first saw.

-Sci

I thought those were prelim too.

I thought those were prelim too.

I always assumed that as well; looking back on them now, they're free of confidentiality markings, so... perhaps they're not.

Either way, I hope the sets remain as they were in the first image. Laval and Cragger lack several of their awesome recolors in that video.

Gorzan looks interesting. LOVING the banana-belt, even if the actual set is just a Hulk retread with better (albeit blander) colors.

Razar's a little hard to get a good read on; looks like they went waaay overboard with dark red (not that I'm complaining) to the point where he doesn't even resemble his minifig self... lol.

Glad we got this video; there's a wealth of interesting info in it relating to Chima in general, so it's very welcome.

Edited by Mesonak

I just realized Razar has no dark lilac.....craaaaaaap. Y u no love us, Lego?

And a dark bley torso plate would have no use and would look dull to me. Titanium metallic is much better as armour.

I just realized Razar has no dark lilac.....craaaaaaap. Y u no love us, Lego?

And a dark bley torso plate would have no use and would look dull to me. Titanium metallic is much better as armour.

I concur. Not that I wouldn't mind some bley armor, but I think it works best on people like Bruizer who are meant to look "rocky" - not on gorillas.

(If you want to get picky Gorzan doesn't look remotely like his minifig self either, just like Razar - Gorzan's black and blue.)

:tongue:

Edited by Mesonak

Too bad we don´t get any lilac. Then again, `evil` Chi seems to be red in color, just like the `ultra` forms of the bad guys.

I'm not going to make any assumptions, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the buildable figures in that video were preliminary. First of all, that video is filled with preliminary content-- the transition into the buildable figures section of the video even shows like a dozen preliminary minifigures. Second, the quality of the models and parts doesn't look quite as finished as in the catalog scan we've seen.

Of course, it's possible than these are finalized, and if so I'm a bit disappointed. Laval's sword has mismatched colors, which reduces an individual set's versatility IMO, and his feet are just boring Hero Factory feet. Even if his feet in the other pic we've seen (and truly, in an even more preliminary model from earlier in the video) were unrefined, they were at least original.

Man, if Laval does have regular feet, I'm just going to give him the feet we saw in the first pic; way more awesome.

Personally I'm pretty sure the ones we already knew were final (apart from CGI maybe) and that the ones we have seen today are earlier prototypes.

-Gata signoff.png

It's nice to see some new pics of the sets!

I don't care much about Laval's feet, his head looked really nice in that video. Cragger though appeals a bit more to me because of his blades.

Since I passed on Hulk, I'm looking forward to Gorzan, I can't really judge on Razcal yet.

Everything is preliminary until it's final. We won't know until we get the super-definitely-final pics, since even ToyFair often includes prototypes.

I concur. Not that I wouldn't mind some bley armor, but I think it works best on people like Bruizer who are meant to look "rocky" - not on gorillas.

(If you want to get picky Gorzan doesn't look remotely like his minifig self either, just like Razar - Gorzan's black and blue.)

:tongue:

Exactly. Dark bley works for Bruizer only, other characters, who are more "techy", look better with something metallic like, well, titanium metallic.

Pretty darn happy about Gorzan being built like the Hulk, this bodes well for my Pyrox revamp.

Yeah, a Stormer XL torso plate in such a generic colour opens the possibilities for some really cool stuff.

Which pre-existing HF character could use it for a revamp? Lots of them! Finally Bulk XL shall be possible, and I already have an Idea for him. :tongue:

I'm pretty sure the ones in the first image we got show the finalized Laval and Cragger- the amount of recolours and new building techniques (ie Laval's, uhm, rear legs) is too great for all this stuff to be suddenly scrapped in favour of the more generic and less recolours-filled figures the video shows.

The only recolour we're going to miss out is the gold Rocka sword, but honestly it's not such a great loss IMO- we already got a silver one, and I think that piece looks much better in transparent (slightly opaque, to be exact) colours anyway.