DarkSurgeXL

Legends of Chima 2013 (Action Figures)

That is Cragger. Crominus is the Crocodile King with gold headgear:

250px-Crominus_E.png

:facepalm: I should have known that. And I really should have looked better, as I thought I saw gold headgear on your earlier pic :wacko:.

Edited by DraikNova

Speaking of whom, I do hope we get more characters in the constraction line in the future. Would be cool to see an Ultrabuild Crominus, with some armour or even design changes to differentiate him from Cragger.

@DraikNova: no problem at all.

I'm curious about what they're going to do with Eris's body. Like the other Eagles, she has Light Royal Blue skin (I mean, parts of the body not covered in white feathers). They can't ignore it like Laval's gold (easily replaceable with gold..and that's what they did), unless they make her fully white..which would be kind of boring. My top solution would be a medium azure body cladding part, we badly need more azure...no Light Royal Blue HF pieces exist so a first one would be rather useless.

And they better not use the wide shoulders torso for her. Just saying.

I'm actually wondering if Eris' chest will have unique printing, since Eris a quite visible stomach. I really wish the put that printing in.

Good point Shakar. It's kind of pathetic that we have only six pieces in azure and no more, so I hope you're right.

Edited by DraikNova

I'm loving that Cragger, but I'm going to have to cannibalize one of my HF figures for parts. He needs armour on his limbs.

I agree. He's especially skeletal. More so than the worst HF figure.

Edited by DraikNova

I agree. He's especially skeletal. More so than the worst HF figure.

Still a better set than Scarox (should we create a meme?). :tongue:

I've never seen these figures before

:look:

Unless you're joking, I take you didn't design anything for these sets.

Still a better set than Scarox (should we create a meme?). :tongue:

We should! But what would it say/look like? Thornaxx Burger and that Evo one were really good.

We should! But what would it say/look like? Thornaxx Burger and that Evo one were really good.

"Scarox! You are stupid, go cry in the corner."

Thornaxx Burger and that Evo one were really good.

No they weren't.

To be honest, my "should we make a meme?" was a joke, just a a parody of "still a better story than Twilight". Doesn't change the fact Scarox is terrible, but there are worse sets to make fun of. But let's leave it at that, shall we.

Onto the sets. Since Worriz wears dark red in his minifig, I hope we get some more dark red cladding- the 2.0 torso armour isn't really enough.

Laval and Cragger are already sporting amazing pieces- these sets are potentially AWESOME part packs, at the very worst (I'd like to get Eris just because I like her, provided she is well designed).

Chima Ultrabuilds are the only Summer sets we have no pics of, except that Laval and Cragger teaser. I wonder how much we'll have to wait..hopefully not Toy Fair.

To be honest, my "should we make a meme?" was a joke, just a a parody of "still a better story than Twilight". Doesn't change the fact Scarox is terrible, but there are worse sets to make fun of. But let's leave it at that, shall we.

Onto the sets. Since Worriz wears dark red in his minifig, I hope we get some more dark red cladding- the 2.0 torso armour isn't really enough.

Laval and Cragger are already sporting amazing pieces- these sets are potentially AWESOME part packs, at the very worst (I'd like to get Eris just because I like her, provided she is well designed).

Chima Ultrabuilds are the only Summer sets we have no pics of, except that Laval and Cragger teaser. I wonder how much we'll have to wait..hopefully not Toy Fair.

But it isn't a very long wait until Toy Fair. Isn't it late January/early February?

But it isn't a very long wait until Toy Fair. Isn't it late January/early February?

10-13 Feb, to be precise. I agree with Shakar, Laval and Cragger look amazing, and are hopefully indicative of the other 4 sets. Really looking forward to seeing pics.

Am I the only one who dislikes this whole theme? I find the characters ugly :wacko:

Probably not; however, most other people who dislike it probably don't make many contributions to this discussion topic.

I like the characters, though like any sets they're not flawless.

I don't like Craggers thin spindlyness, but I still think he's a great value as a parts pack. Laval is too bulky, but again, a great parts pack. And the wolves look great on those cards.

Edited by DraikNova

It'll be interesting to see what characters are released as "Ultrabuilds" if the line continues. I'm sure we may be seeing bears and rhinos, of course, but I wonder if we'll see any other characters of the races we've already seen. After all, those characters could potentially reuse the head molds from this first bunch, seeing as they share the same head molds in minifigure form. The question is, would those be "new" enough to move product? Would people who had already bought an ultrabuild Cragger shell out to get Crominus or Crooler as well?

I think there's enough variation (and enough people willing to buy Crooler just for a purple torso piece) to make more of the same races a succes. Anyway, the problems these sets have could be fixed in further releases, since one of the main factors (the cost of the new molds leaving less for the rest of the figure) won't be an issue.

A Rhino Ultrabuild. Hell yeah. A good excuse to get more bley HF shells from LEGO.

And that's got to be the worst pun ever.

And that's got to be the worst pun ever.

Yes, but that's the point.

There is a very good chance that these Ultrabuilds will do much better that the Super Heroes Ultrabuilds of recent. First off the Chima sets have little amounts of "extras" when compared to the Supes. No extra cannons or wings that don't typically exist on the iconic character. Also the Chima sets are directly in the story. When the animal inserts the CHI into their chest, the power of nature fills them and a "strengthened spirit" emerges from their bodies that looks incredibly close to the ultrabuilds (not to mention directly on the Speedorz cards).

These sets have a main purpose to the story, as apposed to being "a little something extra" or as I (as do many other people) like to call the Super Heroes Ultrabuilds, "Shelf Warmers." :grin:

Edited by Penkid11