CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

Do you have any evidence to back up your claims? I know that when I was a kid in my Lego heyday, my brother and I were always excited to get a female figure in our sets. I thought the female pirate was the coolest figure on the Black Seas Barracuda. My brother collected a lot of town sets, and he liked having a good mix of male and female figures.

It was less of a problem in the early 80's since the figures were practically gender neutral. Put the hair with pigtails on that figure and voila, female! Now that the printing is more detailed, and gender specific (the girls now have hips, cleavage, lipstick, etc), it's more apparent to the consumer that there are way less female figures in sets. Given the fact that Lego is slowly but surely increasing the female minifig population means that there is a demand for them from both boys (arguably their target audience) and girls.

I am a toy seller, I see every day what boys like more and what girls like more. I even had the chance to do the "build your minifigure" stuff and it ended up with boys building boys, girls building girls, very rarely a crossover. And 90% of my Lego buyers (if not more) are boys.

City sets are very "action" ones, lots of vehicles (which are prefered by boys) and action.

Upon asking girls and boys which town sets they would love to buy, I found a clear distincion.

Boys would like to buy race stuff, policemen, firemen, and so on.

Girls would like to buy a zoo or a farm, an hospital, a city park.

How many non-Duplo Zoos did they produce? City parks? Decent hospitals?

I've never come across this but it doesn't really surprise me,people can be real A-HOLES! But if you suspected there was something weird after feeling them,you really shouldn't have bought them!

Chalk it up to curiosity--there was no harm done (at least to our pocketbook, since we got a refund). If anything we did a favor to some poor shmoe who may have just bought them randomly or as some tiny extra for a present--we saved them from embarrassment and anger.

Anyways, I see that this board seems focused on the gender issue of LEGO, but I'd really appreciate anyone else's thoughts (other than chastising me for buying out of curiosity) about this incident and if anyone else has seen this happen.

Edited by Brickosaurus

Chalk it up to curiosity--there was no harm done (at least to our pocketbook, since we got a refund). If anything we did a favor to some poor shmoe who may have just bought them randomly or as some tiny extra for a present--we saved them from embarrassment and anger.

Anyways, I see that this board seems focused on the gender issue of LEGO, but I'd really appreciate anyone else's thoughts (other than chastising me for buying out of curiosity) about this incident and if anyone else has seen this happen.

Yep, happened to me, too. Whereabouts in this world are you located? My incident occurred at the Santa Clarita, CA USA Toys-R-Us. Same exact thing as you described. I was trying to feel for Mr. Gold and whoever re-packed these packets must have thought it hysterical to put a lightsaber and jewel piece into the packet with the other random parts. Thought I found him until I felt the 1X2 brick in there. An employee and I found between 7 and 8 re-sealed packets in that box.

- MJ

gqj2.jpg

78sh.jpg

Sorry, I didn't mean to contribute to this thread going off topic:)

It's a shame to see the lengths people go to to steal something so small! The payoff is barely worth the time put into the theft!

Sorry, I didn't mean to contribute to this thread going off topic:)

It's a shame to see the lengths people go to to steal something so small! The payoff is barely worth the time put into the theft!

EXACTLY. That's what bugs me the most--it's not like this wave has anything ultra-rare, and they're going to be in abundance everywhere (some stores in my area haven't even filled their displays that they've set up in advance).

Yep, happened to me, too. Whereabouts in this world are you located? My incident occurred at the Santa Clarita, CA USA Toys-R-Us. Same exact thing as you described. I was trying to feel for Mr. Gold and whoever re-packed these packets must have thought it hysterical to put a lightsaber and jewel piece into the packet with the other random parts. Thought I found him until I felt the 1X2 brick in there. An employee and I found between 7 and 8 re-sealed packets in that box.

- MJ

gqj2.jpg

78sh.jpg

HA! I'm in Burbank actually. I'd be willing to bet given our relatively close locations it may very well be the same person who pulled this. I myself recognized some of the pieces matching ones from my Avengers set. I warned my store they'd likely pull this again--fortunately they get a lot of collectors in, some of which pull stunts all the time and deny returns on them. One told me a story how recently someone brought back a new Star Wars speeder bike collector set and replaced it with one from 1994 when they had those steroid-infused "Power of the Force" abominations. Naturally the guy returning it denied knowing, but the clerk knew better.

Before MicroJow spoke up, I was thinking, "Didn't someone else have a similar incident happen to them?" But yeah, this guy or girl doing this is a real jerk. Why do it unless you want a cheap laugh? Is that all they're after? I can understand the "Mr. Gold fake-out" incident, but Series 11 with no chase figures?

Series 11 will be available next week at Walgreens. I asked one of the employees at the store and he said they may have it next week on Tuesday, but for Wal-Mart I don't know yet.

Series 11 hit local Targets last weekend (a few days early, yes?) and I managed to stumble across some pretty well-stocked displays, so I've been able to find pretty much all the ones I've been looking for already. Picked up the Yeti, the barbarian, the saxophone player, the scientist, and the pretzel girl (took some real hunting to find her... even more than the sax player). Mostly did the "feel for the accessories" method, but I looked up the bump code for pretzel girl since that pretzel is pretty hard to feel for if it gets stuck on the stand. I still want to go back for the constable, maybe the evil mech, and maybe the female robot.

Not chastising you,just find it odd that you would buy the packs knowing you were not getting minifigs,just a bunch of pieces,instead of buying them you should've told an employee.

Not chastising you,just find it odd that you would buy the packs knowing you were not getting minifigs,just a bunch of pieces,instead of buying them you should've told an employee.

Given that we're still relatively new at the Minifig collecting, we thought there was something unique about them--in a good way.

And we did tell an employee--after we bought them and as I stated, opened the remaining packages in front of them so as not to come off as the perpetrators of this crime--and by alerting them to the problem it's likely all stores in the area are now aware of the problem--as Microjow pointed out their similar problem which is very near where I am, I called my store today and talked to an employee I deal with frequently to tell him of the localized problem.

So yes, I still feel like you were chastising us for being naive. If anything, we helped both the store and any future purchases from what was left in the set from disappointing others. Plus they'll be reviewing their security tapes to identify the original culprit and keep an eye out for them in the future.

I Just got back from Target here in Australia, feeling for a Tiki warrior which I finally found and whist feeling the packets I also found a packet with 2 police Constable in it! sweet!...

With all the CMF I have purchased since first series I have never come across this other then the local store I frequent getting 2 baseballers in series 10

I wonder how many others have had 2 minifigs in one bag

now to open or not to open?

Edited by TanTile

I Just got back from Target here in Australia, feeling for a Tiki warrior which I finally found and whist feeling the packets I also found a packet with 2 police Constable in it! sweet!...

With all the CMF I have purchased since first series I have never come across this other then the local store I frequent getting 2 baseballers in series 10

I wonder how many others have had 2 minifigs in one bag

now to open or not to open?

I have felt and opened more than 3000 packets and never found neither 2 minifigs nor random pieces. Very strange!

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

By the way I have to really complain about this serie. I've bought 2 barbarians today and both have the same problem: the hair fit loosely on the head, it detachs very often and easily... :angry:

I'm glad to not be the only one. More so with this series than any other so far, I was very disappointed with the fits and clutch on a number of the elements - the rock climber helmet, the barbarian hair, the scarecrow's pitchfork. I can quite literally (both!) of the rock climbers upside-down, and the helmet will fall off.

Very disappointing.

Is anybody having trouble finding the Elf? I thought he was supposed to be one of the more common figures. My Lego Store had a display out yesterday, and me and another guy felt through a whole pile of them without finding one. Granted, one of my thumbs is bandaged, so I wasn't as able to feel as well as I'd have liked, but that 2x2 brick should have been a dead giveaway. Nothing.

The elf will probably be a popular army-builder for this series, so I would presume they had been picked out of the log you were digging through.

I found a ton of them on the display at my local Target.

I'm glad to not be the only one. More so with this series than any other so far, I was very disappointed with the fits and clutch on a number of the elements - the rock climber helmet, the barbarian hair, the scarecrow's pitchfork. I can quite literally (both!) of the rock climbers upside-down, and the helmet will fall off.

Very disappointing.

Exactly, same thing to me, when I capsize them, the hair will fall off... too bad...

I finally got some S11! It was an interesting experience, too. I was busy and didn't have too much time, and this is how I got them.

* Female Scientist (x2) I didn't mean to get two, I thought one was the Waitress. I found "another" Waitress, but I put her back, thinking "I already have one in the pile." Nope. I should have gone for the "second" one, the actual Waitress, I found.

* Yeti (x2) One for me, one for a friend. These guys are really easy to find. Chunkiest piece in the series.

* Constable (found x1000,000,000 but only purchased one)

* Holiday Elf (x1) Took a little while to find, the 2x2 brick and the hat were the identifying pieces, as could be expected.

* Pretzel Girl (x1) I found her easily, but when I opened the package, I thought the apron was missing. Turns out the cloth slipped into the pamphlet. :grin:

* Gingerbread Man (x1) This one took forever to find (stupid distribution!) and I thought my time would be up before I found him, but I picked up one more packet, felt the mug, and bought them and left.

* Scarecrow (x0) No time for this one. :sad: I'll be getting him, the Grandma, the Waitress, and the Evil Mech on my next Minifigure run.

And the only minifig parts that are loose that I've gotten are the legs. That's a problem.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I wonder why lego changed the distribution model for this series. It's like they only want people to complete two sets per box. It's fine by me (an AFOL) who buys cmf's in boxes, but think about the poor kids. I saw this youtube video where this guy opened 50 packs and couldn't complete one complete set! He ended like having 8 or 9 English constables and like 8 rock climbers.

I wonder why lego changed the distribution model for this series. It's like they only want people to complete two sets per box. It's fine by me (an AFOL) who buys cmf's in boxes, but think about the poor kids. I saw this youtube video where this guy opened 50 packs and couldn't complete one complete set! He ended like having 8 or 9 English constables and like 8 rock climbers.

That video is hilarious! But I think that he took packs from other boxes to complete the 50 in that box,that may be why he got so many of every fig.

I bought some from Waterstone's. Unfortunately someone had ripped all the bags there open. I still managed to find my three favourites though. There were absolutely no gingerbread men or scarecrows in the entire (full) box. Obviously that was what the person was looking for.

I went to a TRU today and found a Waitress (I made sure this time), but there was not a Scarecrow in the box. I went to a private toy store nearby, and they had a full box, the second packet I felt was the Scarecrow. I am very happy with them.

I finally found some at a Target near me. It was pretty picked clean by the time I found it. I think it had every single mountain climber and female robot still. Thankfully I did find a waitress and a scarecrow and 2 gingerbread men.

I then ordered some randomly from Shop at Home and got about 5 more that I needed and 5 duplicates (more female robots). I did get 2 Christmas elves. I am not liking the many different shades of green. It looks off. Has anyone else had that issue? The hat, torso, and legs all look like different greens. And that is on both, so I assume that is how it was designed.

I also noticed the roller skates on the waitress don't stick to anything. They will stick to her sort of, but if I try to put them on a stud, they literally have no clutch. I recall the roller derby girl having great clutch power with her skates.

So sad...

The Elf has a regular green torso and a Bright Green hat and legs (so only two base shades :classic: ). I like it, but I can understand the "off" effect it could have. The face is a problem, I quickly switched it out. And my Diner Waitress's skated have normal clutch power. Maybe yours is just a bad one?

Actually, I found the pattern for feeling the bags in this serie so easy that I went to the store without preparing myself on which pieces to feel.

I have recognized two entire boxes for a friend, no errors on 120 feels in 15 minutes. Not bad. :D

I bought one bag yesterday and I got another mountain climber. :angry: This is my fourth climber. :cry_sad: And my collection still lacks the jazz player, the scarecrow and the bavarian girl. I'd better just simply order them through Bricklink or Ebay unless I'm extremely lucky. :laugh: