CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

Got 2 random bags from the LEGO store yesterday. I'm horrible at feeling the contents of the bag, so I don't even try. I ended up with the welder and evil mech. Great printing on the evil mech's arms.

I really want the islander and scarecrow though.

This series is really easy to feel. The islander has a big rubber mask, square present for the elf, big round tray for the waitress, etc.

Does anyone know the exact breakdown of how many of each fig are in each box of 60? I spent about 20min today going through a brand new box at the local Mastermind Toys and only came up with 2 Tiki Warriors. :cry_sad: Are they seriously limited to just 2 per box, or did I hopefully just rush through feeling the packs and miss another one or two?!?

I got all the ones I wanted! TRU on Monday had put one box out and I got the tiki warrior, scarecrow, sax man, and cop. Couple that with the gingerbread man someone on this site gave me and I'm set! I'll likely watch eBay in a month or two for the welder and granny, just gotta keep my Lego funds managed:)

Does anyone know the exact breakdown of how many of each fig are in each box of 60? I spent about 20min today going through a brand new box at the local Mastermind Toys and only came up with 2 Tiki Warriors. :cry_sad: Are they seriously limited to just 2 per box, or did I hopefully just rush through feeling the packs and miss another one or two?!?

The review has the breakdown. Yes, unfortunately there are only 2 tiki's per box, which is why I was excited to find two in the random bags I pulled yesterday.

Ya I don't really think Lego needs to worry too much about fixing job equality, male and female characters are always appreciated for my town though! Next we'll hear that the gingerbread man has helped give baked goods a voice:)

The review has the breakdown. Yes, unfortunately there are only 2 tiki's per box, which is why I was excited to find two in the random bags I pulled yesterday.

Sweet! Thanks for that. Today I managed to pull in total; 2x Tiki Warrior, 4x Constable, 1x Grandma (aka crazy-cat-lady!), 1x Scarecrow, 1x Evil Mech, 1x Holiday Elf, 1x Barbarian & 1x Yeti. Only going to look for more Tiki's, a couple more Evil Mechs and another Constable + Scarecrow.

The Scarecrow seems to be pretty popular out here in the middle of the cornfields, it's the only figure I can't seem to find. This series is really growing on me, though, great figures and great accessories.

It is cool to have a female scientist minifig at last (since we've already had a couple of male ones), and I think it does make a difference to kids and what they think is acceptable or not. Kids are merciless about what is a "boy" thing or "girl" thing.

Does anyone know when series 11 will be available in other countries in Europe? I have yet to find the series 11 anywhere yet every other series has been there on time.

Rumors are that they will not be available in the usual retail shops in northern europe ( Scandinavia) and BeNeLux countries... I dont know why exactly, but read on some retailers website that it are decisions taken by local TLG marketing teams.. :sick: . They still should be available via S@H or the official Lego shops ( which, except of Denmark, we don't have in BeNeLux and Scandinavia...) :sceptic:

I hope it's just a rumor, but fact is that up till now I didn't find any at the usual locations neither..

Of course there is still the BL option too, but I will miss the excitement of going through the packets, feeling for the figs with my children on a saturday mornig..

Hi, new to the boards, mostly due to a scenario I wonder if any of you have encountered:

My girlfriend and I started collecting back on Series 9 and we added a few town sets--namely the theater and the firehouse sets--to compliment the figures.

Today though we ran into a situation we didn't even think was possible. We headed to our local Toys R Us to give it a second go to find some characters in this wave, only to discover there was maybe eight left. My girlfriend started trying to identify the packages, when she realized there were some very strange shapes--ones that didn't match any accessories in the package. Big, oddly shaped, a mix of different things we couldn't identify.

Curious that maybe she'd found something unusual, she bought six packages, and naturally as excited as she is to find out which figures ended up correct, we started to open them up in the car after leaving the store. The very first package ended up confusing the heck out of us, because this and a few others we opened up ended up looking like this:

PhotoSep0475259PM_zps486665ce.jpg

Someone had returned about ten packs, which we discerned was they somehow opened the packages carefully, kept the figures, replaced them with junk pieces and perfectly re-sealed the bags back up to get their money back.

Arguably one of the biggest jerkwad moves I've seen in a very, very long time in any collector community.

So I ask: has anyone encountered this problem? Is this rampant? Isolated? All I know is I'd love to get my hands on the guy (or girl) that pulled this. Fortunately for us our store is quite familiar with Lego collectors and were amazed themselves when we showed them (we left one or two of the re-sealed closed to ensure we had extra proof we weren't the ones that pulled a fast one). She also got a full refund.

Still, for all the hullabaloo about Series 10 and Mr. Gold, we never once ever ran into this problem--rather the only one was that stores were sold out at times of them.

I find it mindbogglingly baffling why someone would go to all this trouble over $30 in figures, none of which have the resale value of Mr. Gold. Thoughts?

Edited by Brickosaurus

Living on the south coast of the UK, I managed to grab my first 7 from ASDA but since then neither of the nearest ASDA's have any on he shelves, just a space where the box was and not found any in any Tesco's yet. Long shot - anyone got an idea if/when Tesco will get some or recommend somewhere well stocked where I can feel a few bags up? Thanks!

Wow. They really needed a LEGO minifig to address gender gaps in jobs? That's sorta weird.

Nowadays news would do anything to relate anything to sexism. That's totally weird.

It is cool to have a female scientist minifig at last (since we've already had a couple of male ones), and I think it does make a difference to kids and what they think is acceptable or not. Kids are merciless about what is a "boy" thing or "girl" thing.

I don't think so. Reasoning like that, they always made male robbers/thieves. Should they make a female robber too to teach boys and girls that robbers ain't only males?

I find it mindbogglingly baffling why someone would go to all this trouble over $30 in figures, none of which have the resale value of Mr. Gold. Thoughts?

I just don't find it normal to return such products. If they are sealed, they can't say either "It's damaged" or "I discovered I already had it".

If you buy it, you keep it, that's it.

They shouldn't absolutely allow CMF to be returned, that's it.

I don't think so. Reasoning like that, they always made male robbers/thieves. Should they make a female robber too to teach boys and girls that robbers ain't only males?

Why not a female robber? The only one I know of now is Catwoman. Wouldn't it be weirder if Lego continued having 99% male towns? Like I said, there are lots of scientists already and only one is female. This is hardly a political agenda.

Why not a female robber? The only one I know of now is Catwoman. Wouldn't it be weirder if Lego continued having 99% male towns? Like I said, there are lots of scientists already and only one is female. This is hardly a political agenda.

What I find interesting is the male scientists are mostly generic doctors or mad scientists. Females have gotten more specialization, Surgeon, Nurse, Labcoat wearing scientist.

I buy the CMFs for myself and my 9 yr old Godson,I only had $15 in my pocket so I could only afford to get 4 pks,so I go to Target and find that big display box that hangs on the aisle,I think it has 60 pks(?),I only want Granny,Scientist and Yeti for myself,Yeti cause he's cool(PUN INTENDED) and granny/scientist to make into zombies,I'm not very good at feeling packs but after searching every pack,I think I have the 3 I want plus a scarecrow,when I open them I have the 3 I wanted plus a mountain climber,I was in a bit of a hurry so I guess I mistook the pickaxe for the pitchfork,all in all,very happy and now I can just randomly pick packs for my Godson!

Hi, new to the boards, mostly due to a scenario I wonder if any of you have encountered:

My girlfriend and I started collecting back on Series 9 and we added a few town sets--namely the theater and the firehouse sets--to compliment the figures.

Today though we ran into a situation we didn't even think was possible. We headed to our local Toys R Us to give it a second go to find some characters in this wave, only to discover there was maybe eight left. My girlfriend started trying to identify the packages, when she realized there were some very strange shapes--ones that didn't match any accessories in the package. Big, oddly shaped, a mix of different things we couldn't identify.

Curious that maybe she'd found something unusual, she bought six packages, and naturally as excited as she is to find out which figures ended up correct, we started to open them up in the car after leaving the store. The very first package ended up confusing the heck out of us, because this and a few others we opened up ended up looking like this:

PhotoSep0475259PM_zps486665ce.jpg

Someone had returned about ten packs, which we discerned was they somehow opened the packages carefully, kept the figures, replaced them with junk pieces and perfectly re-sealed the bags back up to get their money back.

Arguably one of the biggest jerkwad moves I've seen in a very, very long time in any collector community.

So I ask: has anyone encountered this problem? Is this rampant? Isolated? All I know is I'd love to get my hands on the guy (or girl) that pulled this. Fortunately for us our store is quite familiar with Lego collectors and were amazed themselves when we showed them (we left one or two of the re-sealed closed to ensure we had extra proof we weren't the ones that pulled a fast one). She also got a full refund.

Still, for all the hullabaloo about Series 10 and Mr. Gold, we never once ever ran into this problem--rather the only one was that stores were sold out at times of them.

I've never come across this but it doesn't really surprise me,people can be real A-HOLES! But if you suspected there was something weird after feeling them,you really shouldn't have bought them!

Edited by 305Bats

This has been discussed a lot of times, it ends up always the same way: most people have difficulties to recognize that Lego is mostly for boys. Girls would love female minifigures, but they prefere Friends and they are quite less in numbers. AFOLs would like an even number of minifigure among sexes, but AFOLs are quite less in numbers. I have experienced selling miniifgures, and 9 out of 10 buyers are boys, and 99 out of 100 wants to buy male minifigures. So I would say that 89% of the minifigures should be male ones, instead they are more leveled... TLC's interests are not being equal, it's not their job. They have to sell toys. A boy would deinitively buy less if the number of female minifigures would be increased.

This has been discussed a lot of times, it ends up always the same way: most people have difficulties to recognize that Lego is mostly for boys. Girls would love female minifigures, but they prefere Friends and they are quite less in numbers. AFOLs would like an even number of minifigure among sexes, but AFOLs are quite less in numbers. I have experienced selling miniifgures, and 9 out of 10 buyers are boys, and 99 out of 100 wants to buy male minifigures. So I would say that 89% of the minifigures should be male ones, instead they are more leveled... TLC's interests are not being equal, it's not their job. They have to sell toys. A boy would deinitively buy less if the number of female minifigures would be increased.

Apparently the Lego Group feels otherwise--they wouldn't do this if they didn't think they'd sell them. I also suspect you made up your stats on the spot. We have different preferences--you think one female minifig is weird, I think an absence of female characters would be weirder. I liked women (even as a child) and I'm glad to have more for my sets. Looks like we can all have what we like now.

Apparently the Lego Group feels otherwise--they wouldn't do this if they didn't think they'd sell them. I also suspect you made up your stats on the spot. We have different preferences--you think one female minifig is weird, I think an absence of female characters would be weirder. I liked women (even as a child) and I'm glad to have more for my sets. Looks like we can all have what we like now.

I was in the store the other day and very happy to see at least 4 city sets that featured female figures in roles such as fire fighter, paramedic, etc, not just "damsel in distress on a boat" as there is in some sets.

You are the exception for the rule. AFOLS keep on complaining for the male vs female rate of minifigures even in CMFs, like as if 5/6 are bad, they should be 8, but male kids usually dislike female minifigures. They boo at them. This explains why TLC made up new minifigures for the Friends theme instead of using the old ones like for paradisa for instance.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

I thought the Friends minidoll was designed they way it is because, in TLG's research for a girl-oriented line, female children identified better with or preferred the minidoll over the minifigure - nothing to do with male children's preferences.

I thought the Friends minidoll was designed they way it is because, in TLG's research for a girl-oriented line, female children identified better with or preferred the minidoll over the minifigure - nothing to do with male children's preferences.

Because girls mostly do not like minifigures, because girls mostly do not like Lego the way it was portraited. Now they like it because of friends.

You are the exception for the rule. AFOLS keep on complaining for the male vs female rate of minifigures even in CMFs, like as if 5/6 are bad, they should be 8, but male kids usually dislike female minifigures. They boo at them. This explains why TLC made up new minifigures for the Friends theme instead of using the old ones like for paradisa for instance.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claims? I know that when I was a kid in my Lego heyday, my brother and I were always excited to get a female figure in our sets. I thought the female pirate was the coolest figure on the Black Seas Barracuda. My brother collected a lot of town sets, and he liked having a good mix of male and female figures.

It was less of a problem in the early 80's since the figures were practically gender neutral. Put the hair with pigtails on that figure and voila, female! Now that the printing is more detailed, and gender specific (the girls now have hips, cleavage, lipstick, etc), it's more apparent to the consumer that there are way less female figures in sets. Given the fact that Lego is slowly but surely increasing the female minifig population means that there is a demand for them from both boys (arguably their target audience) and girls.

Edited by naf