CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

There was a code in the dvd/blu ray that allowed you to access the live event yesterday and to be able to view the recorded version of the event starting today through sometime in May I think. The code can be used 3 times to get into the site.

Anyone think they'll use the new bear mold from the Forrest Police station for Beorn or will they make a different/larger bear?

Edited by zylek

Is this a rumour with beorn? I cannot find a post that confirms him

TLG made an extra mold for the hungarian horntail, so I believe Beorn might have an extra mold as well. Same goes goes for Smaug.

hopefully 6 new Hobbit sets later this year: 4 from "The Desolation of Smaug" and 2 from "There and Back Again" :classic:

Um thats not how it works, it worked out like that last time around casue of movie changes.

Is this a rumour with beorn? I cannot find a post that confirms him

TLG made an extra mold for the hungarian horntail, so I believe Beorn might have an extra mold as well. Same goes goes for Smaug.

He has an actor and was shown in bear form in an early movie poster for AUJ. They also showed a quick bit on Beorn's house during the sneak peek.

Gandalf_Beorn.jpg

Edited by zylek

He has an actor and was shown in bear form in an early movie poster for AUJ. They also showed a quick bit on Beorn's house during the sneak peek.

Exactly, the bear form of him that we saw in the early poster showed him being quite a bit taller than Gandalf, and having sort of whispy hair on the top of his head. He will require a special new bear mould.

Exactly, the bear form of him that we saw in the early poster showed him being quite a bit taller than Gandalf, and having sort of whispy hair on the top of his head. He will require a special new bear mould.

The bear from Lego City is already a good deal bigger than minifigs, and I think the hair could be done with printing (if anything).

The bear from Lego City is already a good deal bigger than minifigs, and I think the hair could be done with printing (if anything).

This is exactly what I was thinking, plus what Str0ngbad had to say. They could use that money for a multitude of other things.

That's not a place I want them using their budget for the sets anyway. The current mold is just fine.

I agree.

I could also live with the city bear mold if if had a new printing and maybe a different color. The bear in the picture looks more fierce and older, also I don't know if the city bear could stand up like this.

I could also live with the city bear mold if if had a new printing and maybe a different color. The bear in the picture looks more fierce and older, also I don't know if the city bear could stand up like this.

He can do a pretty good imitation - head and neck and hind legs move so you can get him standing up and looking forwards. I would tend to agree with the majority above, a new mould would seem really unlikely in the circumstances, and is unnecessary.

What would be more useful would be to create a figure for Beorn in man-form that is notably bigger than the norm, assuming film Beorn is like book Beorn.

That's a lot of "orn" and "orm"s in one sentence.

I originally suspected that they had a new bear in the forrest police station because they were reusing the bear they made for the Hobbit line.

I also think they will just use the old mold. My younger cousin has the forest police station and the bear mold can almost do that exact pose.

Edited by Tolkien

^ Your post is a bit confusing. Are you saying that you believe Lego will create a new mold, or that they'll go with the existing one based on the pose?

Same goes goes for Smaug.

Hope Smaug will be brick built to allow its gigantic size... (save all the molds we can for the cool stuff, and reuse as much as possible - or go brick built)

Can any of you kind people help me with a question? Can any of you who got the Target Blu Ray/DVD tell me what's exactly The Hobbit: Behind the Scenes addition on the DVD is? Like, what's all the information that they cover and details. I just want to make sure what it is before buying it :classic:.

The bonus material is simply the 10 production diary videos that have been published online. There's also a brief featurette on filming in New Zealand, which is basically just a promotional item for New Zealand tourism. The Lego documentary is a 9-minute featurette that's very similar to the ones that are already posted on Lego.com.

The bear from Forest police is a very nice bear, I have it and it is my most 'Precious' animal mold, I like it a lot and it is a lot bigger than Mini-figures and can stand on its rear legs. I think a lot could be done with printing for the hair, but just maybe a little bit shaggier ruff on its head? Maybe they will use the same body but give it a slightly different head, then printed fur on the same bear body? Is that a possibility, I guess we will have to wait and see what Beorn will give us bear wise.

So when is the movie out on DVD, anyone have a UK release date? More to the point, does anyone know if they are going to issue an extended version, I don't want to be tricked into buying it twice as I was with the first LOtR movie?

I forgot that the bear head is moveable piece, thus could be replaced with a new molded head while utilizing the rest of the existing body molds.

I believe the UK release date for the Hobbit dvd is April 8th.

An Extended edition has been confirmed, it should be released closer to the theatrical release of DOS.

Edited by zylek

The Lego documentary is a 9-minute featurette that's very similar to the ones that are already posted on Lego.com.

Hi, sorry to bring this up again, but is that the one with three designers at middle-earth-like studio describing design process of the characters and Bag-end? We did make the one for some exclusive DVD, just want to make sure that it's this one :-)

Regards!

Hi, sorry to bring this up again, but is that the one with three designers at middle-earth-like studio describing design process of the characters and Bag-end? We did make the one for some exclusive DVD, just want to make sure that it's this one :-)

Regards!

Hey, Djordje! Yes, that is the featurette - you guys did a great job! I enjoyed the little "tease" at the end for sets from The Desolation of Smaug.

Hey, Djordje! Yes, that is the featurette - you guys did a great job! I enjoyed the little "tease" at the end for sets from The Desolation of Smaug.

What was this exactly? soemthing related to the 2 DOS sets we already got or soemthing new? anything noteworthy said?