CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

I think the 442 pieces in the Mirkwood Elf Army is just a place holder, but wow, that set sounds really cool. The other two sound basic, but I'm definitely interested.

Lets hope elgo doesen't nerf the minifig count in the final product, like they did with orc forge,

Warrior with a red beard in Dol Guldur... if there is a white Orc as well, maybe (for some weird reason) Azog and Bolg are at Dol Guldur? Kinda weird, but I'll take what I can get.

I think the 442 pieces in the Mirkwood Elf Army is just a place holder, but wow, that set sounds really cool. The other two sound basic, but I'm definitely interested.

It`s the only set with number of pieces. It doesn`t look like it contains 442 pieces at all. It`s just small wall and tree with "ranger`s platform" and holder for a bow). It looks smaller than Attack of the wargs, but picture is very weak quality. Or this is mistake. It`s only preliminary picture.

kris kelvin, was there a release date on the pictures? We've heard things about November and December, but haven't heard any actual date of release.

- 79012 Mirkwood Elf Army - 442 parts, 6 minifigs and a grey warg - 2 orcs, 3 elves and some kind of elf king. A wall and tree in tan, dark tan and brown.

- 79011 Dol Guldur Ambush - 3 minifigs - two orcs and some kind of a soldier and grey rock.

- 79014 Dol Guldur Battle - 6 minifigs - Gandalf in grey unifirm, probably Radagast, some kind of Nazgul, normal orc, "white" orc (like Yzneg), and a warrior with big red beard. Set looks similar to Black Gate, only in grey colours.

And 79013 as we seen before. In december in stores.

If this info turns out to be true, this might be one of the best LotR/Hobbit waves yet, easily rivaling the first LotR wave released last year. Two FANTASTIC army builders, a big battle scene with tons of exclusive characters (and much sought after ones at that.. Beorn, Radaghast, Azog, and the Necromancer?!), and then the Laketown Escape set? I SERIOUSLY hope this info is right, this has me stoked!

Warrior with a red beard in Dol Guldur... if there is a white Orc as well, maybe (for some weird reason) Azog and Bolg are at Dol Guldur? Kinda weird, but I'll take what I can get.

Ya, that struck me as odd to. Radaghast, Beorn, and Azog wouldn't logically be at the battle of Dol Guldur based on the book, but with PJ who knows what he has changed around.

Now that sounds interesting :sweet: Azog, Radagast, Thranduil and Bolg/Beorn (with the former making a lot more sense than the latter) alongside a ton of orcs and elves :wub: Too bad Galadriel isn't part of this, but honestly it doesn't surprise me that much since Cate Blanchett has recently said that she didn't know if she'd be in DoS or not :wink:

Finally! We are getting Radagast, now we have three out of the five wizards. Can't wait to see his design and his staff design though. Now all I need is Radagast's house, then i'm sorted. :wink:

Edited by Legoman123

Finally! We are getting Radagast, now we have three out of the five wizards.

Hopefully lego makes his beard tan, not grey, wich suspect and fear they will do.

The Back ground looks like Dol Guldur.

It is. Bolg is the torturer of dol guldur. (or was, who knows whats going on anymore)

Edited by deskp

Did the Character in Black look like this

Necs.png

P.S. I put the picture in spoilers just incase this is how the Necromancer looks in the movie.

Did the Character in Black look like this

Necs.png

P.S. I put the picture in spoilers just incase this is how the Necromancer looks in the movie.

That is not at all how he looks in the movie. that was jsut the design games workshop made up when they made figures not really based on the movies.

If this info turns out to be true, this might be one of the best LotR/Hobbit waves yet, easily rivaling the first LotR wave released last year. Two FANTASTIC army builders, a big battle scene with tons of exclusive characters (and much sought after ones at that.. Beorn, Radaghast, Azog, and the Necromancer?!), and then the Laketown Escape set? I SERIOUSLY hope this info is right, this has me stoked!

I agree with these sentiments completely! The smallest set (will it be at the $12 price point?) sounds great with 2 orcs! Elf Army sounds like a fantastic army builder!

I agree with these sentiments completely! The smallest set (will it be at the $12 price point?) sounds great with 2 orcs! Elf Army sounds like a fantastic army builder!

The info we have seen around for weeks indicates that the smallest set is a 20-something dollar set. BUT if it's jsut 3 figs and a rock, 13 dollar might be a better price.

How great this wave is depends on how many of the elves/orcs are new deisgns x] the first hobbit wave was pretty great with 13 dwarves!

Edited by deskp

Well here is just a recap on the set prices :classic:

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush – €26,99

79012 Mirkwood Elf Army – €39,99

79013 Lake-Town Chase – €59,99

79014 Dol Guldur Battle – €79,99

Well here is just a recap on the set prices :classic:

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush – €26,99

79012 Mirkwood Elf Army – €39,99

Hmm, will the dollar prices be similar? If so these two seem expensive... Especially the first. I was hoping it'd be in the $12 spot.

Geez, now I want Pictures even more :cry_sad: I am especially intrigued by the Mirkwood set, fingers crossed for New orcs :classic: The Dol Guldur sets sound pretty exiting too.

Warrior with a red beard? Doubt it could be anything besides Bolg.

Having my fingers crossed for other new orcs as well, there's been a severe lack of them.

Hmm, will the dollar prices be similar? If so these two seem expensive... Especially the first. I was hoping it'd be in the $12 spot.

Compare them to whatever shelob and uruk hai army cost in dollars. And keep in mind you obviously get more pices than you'd get for a $12 set... and with a $12 set you'd prpably only get 2 figs.

Warrior with a red beard? Doubt it could be anything besides Bolg.

a preliminary Beorn using a red dwarven beard as placeholder could also be the case... This characther was using long legs, wich azog does not, and Bolg would be the same height as azog.

Edited by deskp

Brickset lists the prices and they are different than what is listed on that website. Maybe they are of two different currencies?

Brickset lists the prices and they are different than what is listed on that website. Maybe they are of two different currencies?

For me brickset uses £, what was mentioned in here was €, and what was asked about was $

If I was to guess Id say yes, just like previous waves of lego the US tends to get them much cheaper than the rest, so I can see the € being converted / being rather similar into the $ currency. Although it does seem a bit odd for there not being a set which will fill the $12 spot, but so far from the description given l am thoroughly happy with what the sets have to offer and the mini figs sound superb, l certainly can't wait for images, which should hopefully be very soon assuming last years month of picture release. :classic:

If I was to guess Id say yes, just like previous waves of lego the US tends to get them much cheaper than the rest, so I can see the € being converted / being rather similar into the $ currency. Although it does seem a bit odd for there not being a set which will fill the $12 spot, but so far from the description given l am thoroughly happy with what the sets have to offer and the mini figs sound superb, l certainly can't wait for images, which should hopefully be very soon assuming last years month of picture release. :classic:

with only 4 sets alot of slots won't get filled. It's easier to impress with a range of nicely designed sets if you dont have to make soemthing out of so few pieces.

For me brickset uses £, what was mentioned in here was €, and what was asked about was $

Isn't the USD amount usually the exact same amount as a set in euros (same number, not value)? So a €20 set is $20? If that's true, the prices for the second Hobbit wave seem to have a ton of sets in the mid range but no cheap options ($20 and below) and no expensive ones ($100+).

The more I think about it, the more it seems odd they would have 2 army builder type sets so close in price range too. I'm wondering if all the orcs and elves in these two sets other than the one for each listed as being special are actually generic as well?