CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Heh, I like how people are claiming they will pick up all the sets before they even know anything about them besides possible names and rough price points!

Heh, I like how people are claiming they will pick up all the sets before they even know anything about them besides possible names and rough price points!

My thoughts exactly.

Even without knowing the names or prices I doubt there would be a different result for me... maybe not on the first day, but I'll certainly be scooping them all up eventually.

Come on guys, it's Lego! AND it's The Hobbit! :laugh:

Even without knowing the names or prices I doubt there would be a different result for me... maybe not on the first day, but I'll certainly be scooping them all up eventually.

Come on guys, it's Lego! AND it's The Hobbit! :laugh:

Oh, I totally agree, but that's only because I am a die hard LotR AND Lego fan so I will pick them all up regardless of what they look like, even if I don't think the set is particularly amazing. But others are picking and choosing sets they want before even seeing them... lol.

But others are picking and choosing sets they want before even seeing them... lol.

Yeah okay, that is a bit strange. Perhaps less so if there's a favourite scene from the book that you particularly want to have TLGs version of. But definitely strange if your choice is based on parts, build, minifigs etc.

I'll get them all, however depending on the quality of the sets will be whether I rush out on day 1 to get all of them or sit and bide my time.

I will buy all of them without seeing pictures... In LEGO I trust.

I received all of the sets for my birthday last year, so I might do the same this year. If Laketown Chase is any indication, I think the whole line will be a smash hit.

I will also buy them all. I bought the Goblin King set and I did not finish building it before tearing it down and placing the bricks in bins.

Other LEGO sets depend on the minifigs or builds. But I will buy at least one of each of the Tolkien sets. I generally spread out the purchases to enjoy it longer.

I will also buy them all. I bought the Goblin King set and I did not finish building it before tearing it down and placing the bricks in bins.

I did the same. I kept the King and his Throne part as that makes a nice standalone display piece, and immediately tore apart the rest.

So I just picked the official 2013 summer catalog and it mentions four upcoming hobbit sets to be realesed this december,so yea the rumor list is true after all.At least we now know that there will be indeed four sets on the wave.Fingers crossed for Smaug to be included on one of the sets.

Edited by LOTR343

So I just picked the official 2013 summer catalog and it mentions four upcoming hobbit sets to be realesed this december,so yea the rumor list is true after all.At least we now know that there will be indeed four sets on the wave.Fingers crossed for Smaug to be included on one of the sets.

Well since the fact that its only 4 sets is real, then I would guess the set names/descriptions we got are real aswell, so no Smaug this december.

Well since the fact that its only 4 sets is real, then I would guess the set names/descriptions we got are real aswell, so no Smaug this december.

I fear as much,btw last year when did we got our first hobbit set pictures??October? Edited by LOTR343

I fear as much,btw last year when did we got our first hobbit set pictures??October?

october, there was that toys r us poter that got released early. then there was new york comic con. Well propably get a movie trailer before any more set pictures.

@LOTR343: I think it was the 6th of October :wink: I can't verify it though because of a site crash that annihilated the posts of the entire week around that date :grin:

I'm beginning to get worried that we'll even see Smaug at all if we only get 4 sets. :sceptic:

With only four sets now, they got planty of space and time to release him later if they want to. Merchandise partners might not even have gotten refrence photos of all of him yet.

Bridge direct(they make the action figs right?) has said specifically that they will make a smaug, but that it proapbly wont happen in 2013

Merchandise partners might not even have gotten refrence photos of all of him yet.

That's what I was thinking, plus Lego kind of has been botching some of their movie related sets lately. The Warg Attack set and the Iron Man 3 sets come to mind specifically. I am sure Smaug's reveal will be a big surprise so Lego probably doesn't want to release a set with him in it a month before the movie hits theaters and spoil it for everyone, especially if they aren't even exactly sure how he looks.

Howevere, with that said, why would they have so much Dol Guldur related stuff in their sets if this was the case? It seems weird not to have Smaug, who we KNOW is in the film but then have Dol Guldur which we know next to nothing about.

Howevere, with that said, why would they have so much Dol Guldur related stuff in their sets if this was the case? It seems weird not to have Smaug, who we KNOW is in the film but then have Dol Guldur which we know next to nothing about.

Well, fortress assults is a well liked thing when it comes to lego sets, and it's going to be a big part of the movie. It also leads to alot of NEW minifigures, instead of a redressed Bilbo and a load of dwarves.

We've known about dol guldur stuff since before the first trailer though. And we've seen the fortress in AUJ movie and DOS trailer.

Lego will make smaug if they can do it well and there is a demand, but for no no kids really know or like smaug cause they havent REALLY seen him yet.

@LOTR343: I think it was the 6th of October :wink: I can't verify it though because of a site crash that annihilated the posts of the entire week around that date :grin:

Indeed, October 6th! :classic:

I don't anticipate we'll get picture until mid to late October. Not only do we not have a NYCC this year, but keep in mind that the poster was released as a promotion for LEGO The Hobbit Boardgame. There isn't going to be a boardgame coming this year. :sadnew:

But, someone mentioned another event, so that might be the place where we'll see 'em.

Well there would be if LEGO didn't cancel the MEGABLUCKING LOTR GAME!

Maybe. I doubt they would have advertised the new DoS wave, maybe just the Summer wave on a poster.

Did the Helm's Deep game actually get cancelled? I know it's currently available in Europe, but I haven't heard anything about it (or the Batman game) still being released elsewhere...