CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

You got to hand it to the hobbit line, if you bought one of every set so far, including polybags, the only reundancies you'd have fig-wize would be two extra bilbos (red coat), two extra gandalfs(hat), and one extra legolas(but this is a polybag). I say this asuming the elf, orc, and LT Guard figs are desired in multiples. Probably the best character distribution of licensed sets. (SW is purty good too in this regard, but how do I have five or six soon to be outdated chewies and five or six vested han's but only 1 of the newly revamped stormie)

The sets are available at local stores around munich. Including Toys'r'us, where I got mine with 20% off from the running Promotion on all Lego.

I only got three sets. I save LT for the christmas truck promo on Monday.

I don't care about the sets, only displaying the figures. From the figures of this three sets I got mixed feelings. For me, there are only 4 outstanding figures, the rest is more or less average. But maybe I'm spoiled by the superb figures from previous LOTR/Hobbit sets.

The Highlights so far:

Radagast

Azog (take this, SDCC scalpers)

Thranduil

Beorn

for the latter: I first thought the Hairpice/head mold had some prodution technical reason. But Radagast also has hair/beard all around his head, so I still don't understand. I can't believe it's just for lifting the Head 0.5mm. But the complete mold doesn't harm the figure at all. It looks great.

Now I impatiently wait for LT. I think there are some good figures left...

I just recieved and build MEA and LTC, and I got to say that they are awesome! The elves are looking great, especially Thranduil. The orcs look awesome, and the brown Warg looks amazing. The other elves look great, but I wish they all got hair, not hoodies. One tiny flaw of a great set!

Bard the Bowman looks great, is his hairpiece the one from Qui-Gon Jinn from Star Wars? Nothing special about Bilbo, but the new torso on Thorin looks really nice! Lake town master (the one with the red-purple cape and key) is, I don't know, weird. The Lake town Guard looks amazing, really wish I can get my hands on a few polybags! I just gave him one of the shields that are on the boat, and the sword included in the weaponsreck. That way he looks way better, imo.

I would say, get the sets! I am now saving money for the other two sets, to get some more of these awesome orcs (and Azog, Radagast and Beorn)!

Its just so sad (for me) that the coolest box designed set (Lake Town) has the worst figures for me... the blue on the box makes it so beautiful!

Have to say... Radagast is by far the best figure in this wave..... then long long nothing and then maybe Orcs.... Thraundil has nice torso/legs but I do not like his hair somehow looks weird to me...

Radagast is a pure 10 though.... ok maybe his head could use some printing (or legs) but i can live without that.

I just recieved and build MEA and LTC, and I got to say that they are awesome! The elves are looking great, especially Thranduil. The orcs look awesome, and the brown Warg looks amazing. The other elves look great, but I wish they all got hair, not hoodies. One tiny flaw of a great set!

Bard the Bowman looks great, is his hairpiece the one from Qui-Gon Jinn from Star Wars? Nothing special about Bilbo, but the new torso on Thorin looks really nice! Lake town master (the one with the red-purple cape and key) is, I don't know, weird. The Lake town Guard looks amazing, really wish I can get my hands on a few polybags! I just gave him one of the shields that are on the boat, and the sword included in the weaponsreck. That way he looks way better, imo.

I would say, get the sets! I am now saving money for the other two sets, to get some more of these awesome orcs (and Azog, Radagast and Beorn)!

Hoodies are definitely betterthan regular elf hairpiece. Hood in this kind of color is very rare and fit to the figures much more better. Maybe I miss capes on these "Elf-rangers"

Thanks for the heads up, the new sets look great and I can't wait to pick them up very soon, the minifigures are fantastic and I also like the sets, look like a fun build :classic:

Figs looks more cheaper than those which are included in initial LOTR wave..robber hairpieces atc. Azog and Radagast are superb and there is nothing to say, but almost orange Gundabad orc looks somehow funny..proper ones are for example in ack of the wargs set...color etc... And also the shoulder armor look weird... at least for me, but after all I can live with it :)

The sets are available at local stores around munich. Including Toys'r'us, where I got mine with 20% off from the running Promotion on all Lego.

I only got three sets. I save LT for the christmas truck promo on Monday.

I don't care about the sets, only displaying the figures. From the figures of this three sets I got mixed feelings. For me, there are only 4 outstanding figures, the rest is more or less average. But maybe I'm spoiled by the superb figures from previous LOTR/Hobbit sets.

The Highlights so far:

Radagast

Azog (take this, SDCC scalpers)

Thranduil

Beorn

for the latter: I first thought the Hairpice/head mold had some prodution technical reason. But Radagast also has hair/beard all around his head, so I still don't understand. I can't believe it's just for lifting the Head 0.5mm. But the complete mold doesn't harm the figure at all. It looks great.

Now I impatiently wait for LT. I think there are some good figures left...

Beorn is definitely weird...Dont understand why the messed up with his hadpiece, usseles extra special mold...Laketown guard is much more better.

Its just so sad (for me) that the coolest box designed set (Lake Town) has the worst figures for me... the blue on the box makes it so beautiful!

Have to say... Radagast is by far the best figure in this wave..... then long long nothing and then maybe Orcs.... Thraundil has nice torso/legs but I do not like his hair somehow looks weird to me...

Radagast is a pure 10 though.... ok maybe his head could use some printing (or legs) but i can live without that.

Azog is really big competition to him :)

Hoodies are definitely betterthan regular elf hairpiece. Hood in this kind of color is very rare and fit to the figures much more better. Maybe I miss capes on these "Elf-rangers"

I agree that they need capes, and maybe the hoodies will grow on me (let's hope so). Maybe another elven hairpiece is nice, but I don't think that will happen. Those hoodies do have a nice color, and yes they match very good with the rangers. What about a hoodie and hairpiece for every elf? Everyone happy!

Or any pics? Or at least descriptions? People who ordered them the first time they were up on TRU website should of gotten them by now? I noticed TRU removed the in stock in store option on the poly for a few days but they seem to have added it back so maybe they will be a ails me in stores soon now?

I was hoping to get a few pics up for you guys as my order was supposed to have been delivered yesterday. It didn't make it though. It didn't make it today either. So, I'm sure you can imagine my frustration here. I agree though - those of us who ordered in the first round should have received them by now. I'm really surprised no pics have went up yet. I don't think any have hit the bay yet either which is even more strange..

I was hoping to get a few pics up for you guys as my order was supposed to have been delivered yesterday. It didn't make it though. It didn't make it today either. So, I'm sure you can imagine my frustration here. I agree though - those of us who ordered in the first round should have received them by now. I'm really surprised no pics have went up yet. I don't think any have hit the bay yet either which is even more strange..

I posted a quick pic of mine over in classic-castle.com's forum.

Great packaging on the polybag, too. Love that design. I loved it with the Lake-Town Chase set, and it translates well onto the polybag. :classic:

That's awesome getting a bow, quiver, and spear plus a weapons rack. I'd love to find them in the wild, but I highly doubt that will happen around here. I rarely see polybags in my area. So weird that the distribution is so spotty.

That's the best Middle-Earth poly bag we've gotten yet. The only thing it's missing is a shield like the ones from LTC. Still, I plan on getting 7 of these, to give me a Laketown army total of 8.

Here it is, thanks for sharing greenalfonzo.

DSC06173.JPG

Nothing amazing here, but it's still neat.

let me guess...the next polybag that's not available in europe? i hate TLG........................

Wow! That polybag looks like a great army builder! Has TRU gotten rid of the limit yet? :look:

Edit: They have a BOGO! Brings the price (with shipping) back to about $5!

Edited by Infernum

Wow! That polybag looks like a great army builder! Has TRU gotten rid of the limit yet? :look:

Edit: They have a BOGO! Brings the price (with shipping) back to about $5!

A much better price than the $7.50 they had before (with shipping and tax), but I still think I am going to hold out till Monday when they have all the sets in stock and online and I can take advantage of the free shipping with orders of $49 or more. Right now they come out to be almost $6 exact per polybag.

Hello, Everyone!

First post; just want to share another pic of the new polybag. DOS has some pretty cool art.

Thanks, and welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

Did you order these from the Toys"R"Us website, or from in store?