CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

The character bios are now on the product page on lego.com: http://thehobbit.leg...haracters/beorn Beorn's description doesn't mention him being part of the Dol Guldur plot line, but I hope he joins Gandalf's and Radagast's expedition in DoS :laugh: The Master of Laketown doesn't seem to be evil judging by the description, just incredibly greedy :grin:

Edit: The product page itself has been updated too and even features designer videos, just like last year :classic:

http://thehobbit.lego.com/en-us/products/79014

Edited by Lego-Freak

Edit: The product page itself has been updated too and even features designer videos, just like last year :classic:

http://thehobbit.leg.../products/79014

Hmm. So the ring under the statue is "one of the five wizard rings". A PJ addition to the magic rings of Middle-Earth I presume - as if 3 for the elves, 7 for the dwarves, 9 for men and 1 ruling ring weren't enough.

Hmm. So the ring under the statue is "one of the five wizard rings". A PJ addition to the magic rings of Middle-Earth I presume - as if 3 for the elves, 7 for the dwarves, 9 for men and 1 ruling ring weren't enough.

I suspect he misspoke and actually meant either one of the Dwarven rings (obtained from Thráin) or one of the nine rings given to men. I don't see anything that PJ could gain from introducing new set of rings. But, well, who knows. :P

Anyway, at least it isn't The One Ring.

Thanks for the heads up, the new sets look great and I can't wait to pick them up very soon, the minifigures are fantastic and I also like the sets, look like a fun build :classic:

We got the 5 staves (rods) in Orthanc. Is it a confusion with the palantir? Was there one at Dol Guldur? There was one at Weathertop.

I assume they've confused The Five Wizard staffs with the Seven Dwarf Rings and combined the two ideas by mistake.

The ring in the statue is referenced in the EE, slightly.

Come on guys with the new sets start posting reviews i really want to see some good quality reviews! I really like this new wave the figs are great! shame their is only the 4 sets would of liked to see some more. I am glad TLG didn't give us all the Dwarfs again!

I love the new designer vids. So great. I think its wonderful that Jordan showed four MEA sets combined. Its exactly what I've done and it looks awesome!

As for the ring discussion, its gotta be Thrain's ring. That makes the most sense.

While the set builds certainly aren't the best this time around, many of the new minifigures released in these sets are spectacular :wub: . I'm glad that this line, unlike most other LEGO Licensed lines, is getting all of the most important characters released throughout its lifetime. Hopefully the same will apply for next year's Hobbit sets as well. Until then, bring on the Desolation of Smaug!

Next year, in the last the Hobbit movie there is the Battle of five armies, right? But isn't that supposed to be six armies? There is a Mirkwood elf army, the army of the people from Lake Town, the army of dwarves from what-is-his-name-again Ironfoot, there is an army of great eagles (if I remember correctly from the book), and they fight against an army of orcs/goblins and an army of wargs. That are six armies, not five. So I don't understand it, maybe someone can explain this?

From the five (six?) armies we have some wargs, orcs, elves, lake town people and eagles in Lego. All we need is some (read: a lot) armored dwarves and a lot more of them all. I hope we get some nice sets with that movie. But we will have to wait a year orso till they come out :grin: .

Edited by jeroenaa

From the five (six?) armies we have some wargs, orcs, elves, lake town people and eagles in Lego. All we need is some (read: a lot) armored dwarves and a lot more of them all. I hope we get some nice sets with that movie. But we will have to wait a year orso till they come out :grin: .

1 dwarves

2 laketowners

3 elves

4 eagles

5 orcs/wargs, the wargs does not act on their own behalf.

We are missing the army elves aswell, do not think the MEA elves arre the bo5a ones. And the laketowners figthing in bo5a is mostly made up from a ragtag group, not all of the "guards" we have.

1 dwarves

2 laketowners

3 elves

4 eagles

5 orcs/wargs, the wargs does not act on their own behalf.

In the books, it's Elves, Men and Dwarves against Goblins and Wargs. There are Eagles and Bats in a sky battle on either side, but they are not counted within the 'armies'. However, in a Vlog (I think), it is mentioned that they are considering not doing it this way, as in the films the Wargs are under the command of the Orcs. It's possible that the two evil armies could be the Goblins and Gundabad orcs though. There is also the possibility of Spiders, Vampires, and all sorts of dark creatures taking part.

In any case, MEA gives us plenty of Wargs and Orcs for the battle.

They appearing in any other brick and mortar stores right now besides TRU in the US?

I got the DGA set from Kmart in store. I heard some Walmart stores have 'em.

The new sets were at my local meijer this morning as well. They were having a BOGO on all their LotR & Hobbit sets so I decided to try my luck - no dice... They refused the discount on the new items.

Got all four sets in store at Barnes an noble for $155 didn't expect the discount so it was a nice surprise. Mini gigs are great, but I must admit the sets are smaller than expected

Got all four sets in store at Barnes an noble for $155 didn't expect the discount so it was a nice surprise. Mini gigs are great, but I must admit the sets are smaller than expected

Wait your Barnes and Noble discount applies to anything in the store, even Legos?

Interesting, I have a rewards set up with them.

Target.com has them but they are all sold out already!

Edited by Mahtion

Online or in the store?

In the store. It could be that they didn't realize they were new, but they rung up buy one get one half of so I essentially got DGA and the tax for free

Edited by Archer

In the store. It could be that they didn't realize they were new, but they rung up buy one get one half of so I essentially got DGA and the tax for free

Thanks for the tip. I got MEA and was going to get a second set too, but it didn't ring up the Bogo 50% deal. So I left with just MEA. Still happy to have gotten it.

has anyone found new polybags in stores yet?

Or any pics? Or at least descriptions? People who ordered them the first time they were up on TRU website should of gotten them by now? I noticed TRU removed the in stock in store option on the poly for a few days but they seem to have added it back so maybe they will be a ails me in stores soon now?