CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

I hope that's not the case. The Mirkwood Elf was a great polybag set and a Gondor soldier poly would sell like C-R-A-Z-Y. TLG is leaving truckloads of $$ behind if they don't take advantage of that one.

Err... we are talking about 2013 now, right? There hasn't been any Gondor soldiers in sets either. People at TLC would have to be pretty darn stupid to release such a wanted figure as a polybag before it's available in sets.

Ya, before we hope to get a Gondor Soldier as a polybag, it would have to be released in a normal set first. That is unless they do like the Mirkwood Elf poly where they just take existing parts, mix them together and call it a "new" figure. That would be pretty lame though considering the distinct armor and helmets the Gondor soldiers wear, as well as their crest.

Gondor Soliders, Citadel Guards and Gondor Rangers would be fantastic! Then I need Faramir, Eowyn and the Witch-King, and I'm happy. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

Gondor Soliders, Citadel Guards and Gondor Rangers would be fantastic! Then I need Faramir, Eowyn and the Witch-King, and I'm happy. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

I imagine that Gondorian helmets may have little holes in the side, where the wing-crests of the Fountain Court/Citadel guards could be attached. Like plumes in helmets.

Err... we are talking about 2013 now, right? There hasn't been any Gondor soldiers in sets either. People at TLC would have to be pretty darn stupid to release such a wanted figure as a polybag before it's available in sets.

I see your point. I guess I was getting ahead of myself. It does hi light the madness of 2 years of LOTR and no Gondor representation except for Boromir though.

No real army builder opportunities for this year besides perhaps the dead men of Dunharrow, and that seems highly unlikely. Nobody needs another Frodo/Gandalf poly.

I imagine that Gondorian helmets may have little holes in the side, where the wing-crests of the Fountain Court/Citadel guards could be attached. Like plumes in helmets.

Neat idea! Although I still hope for a harder plastic helmet for the 'normal' helmet and expect a rubbery helmet for the guards of the Citadel (if those will ever see the light of brick).

The lack of Polly bags is weird not that I can ever get any in my area.

Part of the problem may be merchant side. I get the impression that a lot if the stores (not the companies, the individual retail stores and more specifically the local staff) hate the Polybag product, or at a minimum typically can't be bothered to put it out, maintain it, or place it anywhere that customers can find it. TRU is about the only one that regularly will. The others just fail to acknowledge one product from another, never rotate stock, hide it, or otherwise ignore it.

Part of the problem may be merchant side. I get the impression that a lot if the stores (not the companies, the individual retail stores and more specifically the local staff) hate the Polybag product, or at a minimum typically can't be bothered to put it out, maintain it, or place it anywhere that customers can find it. TRU is about the only one that regularly will. The others just fail to acknowledge one product from another, never rotate stock, hide it, or otherwise ignore it.

It would be nice if Lego sold polybags directly so customers that want them could skip the less adequate retailers and buy direct.

It would be nice if Lego sold polybags directly so customers that want them could skip the less adequate retailers and buy direct.

:thumbup: They could put a quantity limit on it, say 5 per customer to prevent hoarders/scalpers.

Possibly the reason theres no 'Beorn' set is because he looks really hard to make as a minfigure...also looks like Sonic the hedgehog.....

Possibly the reason theres no 'Beorn' set is because he looks really hard to make as a minfigure...also looks like Sonic the hedgehog.....

He looks fairly simple to me, new hair mold and he's sorted. His bear form may be more difficult though.

I don't see the similarity to Sonic or most other comparisons drawn. It's too early to tell, but it would have been too easy to make him look like Hagrid.

Exactly! The Weta designs may not be to everyone's tastes, but the characters look unique and recognizable. The appearance of the Dwarves and Beorn in cartoon adaptations and paintings may well look more 'Tolkien', but would make for a very bland adaptation.

http://i.imgur.com/Npsn2TG.jpg

Here is the somewhat grainy but completely SPOILER image of Beorn if people have not seen it already!

WHat we see now doesent look great, but the picture is terrible, and you cant see his front side. WHat worries me is the brow/nose looks like that guy from Sin city. It's hard to judge whats going on with his chin/beard.

He does look like he will/would be another Azog type mold. It'll be interesting to see if perhaps they have Beord show up at Dol Guldur.

I really hope We get Galadriel this year, if the Guldur attacks et is real we really should! I would liekr her to not be in some odd new strange outfit, another white oune would be msto iconic for her lego recreation.

So we're proapbly set for a 3rd Elrond figure??!! Thats kindof an interesting turn of events for a characther like that.

Edited by deskp

Beorn looks interesting. It wouldn't surprise me though if Lego goes cheap and just uses the Dumbledore hairpiece on him like they did with Gandalf and Lurtz.

I really hope We get Galadriel this year, if the Guldur attacks et is real we really should! I would liekr her to not be in some odd new strange outfit, another white oune would be msto iconic for her lego recreation.

Galadriel would be great. I too hope she comes in the white gown. If we're only going to get one Galadriel figure in this line, it might as well be the look she's most known for.

If we ever get Eowyn however, I hope Lego releases both an Edoras version and an armoured one.

Beorn looks interesting. It wouldn't surprise me though if Lego goes cheap and just uses the Dumbledore hairpiece on him like they did with Gandalf and Lurtz.

We only got newborn Lurtz, he does not deservve a new hairpiece.

Also Beorn is so much bigger a normal hair propably won't work with him. And his hair is more unique.

Since there was no cheap set on the rumor list, could there be a small ($10) Beorn set, do you think?

Since there was no cheap set on the rumor list, could there be a small ($10) Beorn set, do you think?

Well, if the set numebrs for the supposed set list are true there is no room for a small set, the set number that comes before the rumored sets, is the goblin king set.

If there is only 4 sets (+ a possible exclusive) it's good they drop the cheap one instead of a bigger better one.

Beorn looks like he definitely has a strong Del Torro influence in his design. I'm interested, but also worried with how they've handled the character.

Does anyone think we will get the entire Dwarf company in this second wave of sets, or will there only be limited numbers of them.

We did not get the entire fellowship in the second wave of LoTR (Gimli {*2} Legolas, Frodo, Gandolf {both gray and white} and Aragorn {both ranger and Gondor}.

Does anyone think we will get the entire Dwarf company in this second wave of sets, or will there only be limited numbers of them.

We did not get the entire fellowship in the second wave of LoTR (Gimli {*2} Legolas, Frodo, Gandolf {both gray and white} and Aragorn {both ranger and Gondor}.

Nope, theres no need for it, It would SEEM they are getting as many caracthers covered as possible, The first wave was about ALL the dwarves, The second wave coveres the MEN, more elves and Wizards. While getting Bilbo and Thorin in there because they are the main guys along with gandalf.

The 3rd wave, would be A mash up of all of them, while covering Beorn and the rest of the unmade caracthers.

Remaining Hobbit caracthers, the ones I expect we'll get this year highligthed with a * (if the set list is real) 3= movie 3 figs. It would add up to 8-9 new molds this wave (+ whatever we could get in an exclusive set) lotr wave 2 has 7 new molds.

Bolg *

Azog *

Radagast *

Thranduil perhaps

Necromancer *

Galadriel *

hobbit Elrond *

"sick" Thrain *

Beorn

Dain ironfoot 3

Armored mirkwood elf *

Arored iron hills dwarf 3

armored orc soldiers 3

Alfrid

Lindir

Fimbul

Narzug

Edited by deskp

I doubt we'll get all the Dwarves in this wave. It looks as if there will be three main outfits for each: Up to Lake-Town, between Lake-Town and BO5A and BO5A armour. It would be good to see all the Dwarves outfits, but I doubt we will, except for Thorin and maybe a few of the more prominent Dwarves.

I think we can expect the blue coated Bilbo (not the market scene one from the Target Blu Ray) which he wears when he meets Smaug. It would be nice to see some Gandalf variation, but other than hat/hair and cloak/no cloak there isn't a lot to do.