Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

Thanks again 'GRogall' for these images, ouch my wallet is crying.....since I have given up SW so I can collect just city and SH....oh, twist my arm Lego.......they are all great looking sets.

Though I will end up with a clone army of Tonto's and Lone Ranger's ! :laugh:

I think these are pretty awesome. The problem with most licensed sets is that unlike regular sets, where you can collect all of a theme and create a coherent 'world', licensed themes rarely work together like that, so you have for example in the Indiana Jones theme buildings from all around the world, and sometimes just the insides with no outsides. You can't build them all together and make sense out of it.

These sets actually work together, which is fantastic, and makes me far more inclined to collect them... IF I had the money. :cry_sad:

Shame you don't see the Ranger without his mask off, but then I guess we'll never get a Bruce Banner figure, either.

I wasn't really too interested in the Lone Ranger theme until I saw the Silver Mine Shootout and Constitution Train Chase. I guess I will just have to get them. The train is a type of train I would like to use for a Christmas display (modded to look more Christmasy of course) and the Silver Mine Shootout will be good to help me learn more about building rocky type landscape.

Thanks GRogall! For the Hi rez photos. Where do you get them? You always seem to have new photos before anyone else, sometimes before LEGO does a press release. Awsome!!

Andy D

Slightly off topic, but the Cavalry Captain's Hat/ Hair piece in brown would be perfect for Carl Grimes from The Walking Dead.

I do love the new sets but with so many great things this year its hard to justify these. Will probably wait for instructions/inventories to appear and then use that to judge which sets have enough parts to be worth buying, which sets aren't worth buying but have 1 or 2 good parts (the good parts would go on my BL wanted list) and which sets are no good at all.

The minifigs are really outstanding; in the last few years minifig standards just keeping getting better.

While I have no interest in the film these sets are gorgeous - after the dreadful POTC line this restores my faith that licensed themes have real promise. Can't see myself not getting that fantastic stagecoach and I love all the new moulds - we get more new moulds in a single wave than we used to get per year!

True, POTC was just okay, but the Lone Ranger is two or three steps up the ladder.....especially in the minifig area.

Wonder if there will be a large exclusive set later in the year ? :look:

I agree here. Lone Ranger looks better and better and easily tops the POTC line. Since - I believe - many are with me saying that the PoP line was equally amazing, I keep wondering why POTC was so mediocre at best. Perhaps it's just easier to handle one film at a time, who knows.

I am impressed with the sets. However the bank seems to lack a bit of the WOW factor. But this is made up by the sheriff building. :sweet:

The set for building the cavalry looks good and I guess multiple ones will be bought by most, but are cavalry not horse mounted troops (at least in the era in question.) and there seems to be a distinct lack of horses except for the character who is not a cavalry man?

but are cavalry not horse mounted troops?

This was discussed on the last page. It's because over time the soldiers have just been called cavalry. I think they were called it in the original western theme even.

Awesome pictures, thanks! I was originally pretty "meh" on all of these sets. Just the license alone didn't interest me. But there looks like a lot of really cool pieces that could be used in building for other themes. I like the stage coach set, because it's got three horses! :laugh: Tonto and Red Knee have cool hairpieces/headresses too. The Silver Mine set also looks really nice; looks like a lot of pieces instead of just 5 or 6 big rock pieces.

Thanks for the pics, Grogall!

I love the entire Lone Ranger line. I definitely want to pick up all of the sets. Once upon a time I would not have thought that a liscensed Western theme could be so appealing, but I'm glad to have been proven wrong!

If I do have nitpick, it's that I definitely prefer the old fabric teepee pieces to new plastic one.

Great looking sets! The Cavalry builder looks great!

Anyone sense that ebay is going to be full of the (actual) lone ranger minifigure - given he's going to be quite common in those sets! Another Jack Sparrow, basically!

Edited by Duck

Thanks for the pics, Grogall!

I love the entire Lone Ranger line. I definitely want to pick up all of the sets. Once upon a time I would not have thought that a liscensed Western theme could be so appealing, but I'm glad to have been proven wrong!

If I do have nitpick, it's that I definitely prefer the old fabric teepee pieces to new plastic one.

Same here!

I prefer cloth teepees too (and so do most people) but it will be easier to mass produce plastic than cloth. One upside is over time the cloth wears and gets dirty but plastic won't.

I am impressed with the sets. However the bank seems to lack a bit of the WOW factor. But this is made up by the sheriff building. :sweet:

I actually think the bank has the characteristics of a very small Modular building, which is okay but on this scale doesn't have the same character as the sheriff building.

I also agree about the teepee, I'm sure even the sails from the 2009 pirates sets had a more appropriate texture.

I still say it's nothing but horrible cruelty that the only parts I want (longhorn skull) are exclusive to a huge set.

They will appear on Bricklink won't they?!