CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

Is that trans-light blue dish on the Vermin Vaporizer a new piece? It could be handy for many things.

That´s a shield that was released in Star Wars.

When going to my local LEGO Store today, I asked the manager about Galaxy Squad, and he said the release date is Tuesday, but that he was putting them out tomorrow. :drool: And TRU (at least in the USA) put them in their BOGO add today (sadly excluded :hmpf_bad:) So those should probably be at TRU in the next week. :wub:

That is exciting indeed! Rather strange how after months of literally no news about this theme, we get tons of pics and a FULL RELEASE in only a week! :oh: I barely have enough time to get properly excited!

Edited by Algernon

That is exciting indeed! Rather strange how after months of literally no news about this theme, we get tons of pics and a FULL RELEASE in only a week! :oh: I barely have enough time to get properly excited!

Less than a week, it's two days. :wink:

Less than a week, it's two days. :wink:

I meant only a week from first pics to release. But, yes, that's still ridiculous!

Well I can gladly say this line doesn't interest me at all after seeing the pics (I say gladly for my wallet's sake!). I find some of the human ships kind of cool (Vermin Vaporizer, Swarm Interceptor), but most of the insect ones are terrible. Especially the Star Slicer set that looks like the mantis inspired ship has WAY to thin appendages and is anorexic. Also I am a little turned off by the complete lack of alien minifgs in each set, what would of been a huge selling point for me personally and imo one of the coolest aspects of this line. Seriously, only 1 alien per set while you have 2-3 humans/robots? How are we suppose to "swarm" with these aliens when we only get 6 total after buying the entire line? Lame.

Tuesday!? Wow. That was fast. Official pics, reviews, and now bam! They're out.

Hopefully other themes will follow with the release of this. Still wanting my Ninjago and Hero Factory sets.

Need to look at the pics some more. Haven't decided which sets are "must have" for me. Except the Vaporizer. I think we all agree that thing is glorious.

Kalhiki

Tuesday!? Wow. That was fast. Official pics, reviews, and now bam! They're out.

Hopefully other themes will follow with the release of this. Still wanting my Ninjago and Hero Factory sets.

Need to look at the pics some more. Haven't decided which sets are "must have" for me. Except the Vaporizer. I think we all agree that thing is glorious.

Kalhiki

I really think it's the best four-wheeled Space model since the Mega Core Magnetizer. The only one that came close was this, and it suffered from a handful of very unfortunate design flaws.

I'm hoping against hope that his won't be a "one-and-done" theme. It just has SO much potential for expansion.

I really think it's the best four-wheeled Space model since the Mega Core Magnetizer. The only one that came close was this, and it suffered from a handful of very unfortunate design flaws.

The design flaws are meaningless. That Armored Drilling Unit is one of my favorite sets, EVER. Do you know how hard it is to get on that list?

I'm so excited for this theme that I can barely contain myself. I will be waiting to buy them at the Lego Store or another location. I will not, repeat, WILL NOT give TRU a cent unless I have to.

I didn't knew about the Magnetizer so far - it's very cool indeed. And as you mentioned the 7066 - this is a really unique and kind of perfect vehicle set because it's design is more a perfect MOC design than a official LEGO set design with restrictions. I bet Mark had a lot to do convincing the LEGO people for example to use 10 big wheels insteald of 8. 875 parts in a perfect looking vehicle! :sweet:

Does someone know about the release date in europe?

Edited by gerkenz

Well, I´ve heard stories that some series (a lot of them space) were NEVER released in Australia, so don´t get your hopes up.

The design flaws are meaningless. That Armored Drilling Unit is one of my favorite sets, EVER. Do you know how hard it is to get on that list?

For me, it's the Ultra-Drill Walker. I think it's the 7066 of the Mars Mission line (despite it's cliched name). I'm still in love with that set.

GRogall HR image set of the day!

Pics link to HR version +3000 .pxl!

70700 Space Swarmer

b_70700_box_side_800.jpg

c_70700_detail_1_800.jpg

d_70700_detail_2_800.jpg

m_70700_minifigur_1_800.jpg

70701 Swarm Interceptor

b_70701_box_side_800.jpg

c_70701_detail_1_800.jpg

d_70701_detail_2_800.jpg

e_70701_detail_3_800.jpg

f_70701_detail_4_800.jpg

70702 Warp Stinger

b_70702_box_side_800.jpg

c_70702_detail_1_800.jpg

d_70702_detail_2_800.jpg

e_70702_detail_4_800.jpg

e_70702_detail_3_800.jpg

70703 Star Slicer

b_70703_box_side_800.jpg

c_70703_detail_1_800.jpg

d_70703_detail_2_800.jpg

e_70703_detail_3_800.jpg

e_70703_detail_5_800.jpg

f_70703_detail_4_800.jpg

70704 Vermin Vaporizer

b_70704_box_side_800.jpg

c_70704_detail_1_800.jpg

d_70704_detail_2_800.jpg

e_70704_detail_3_800.jpg

f_70704_detail_4_800.jpg

g_70704_detail_5_800.jpg

70705 Bug Obliterator

b_70705_box_side_800.jpg

c_70705_detail_1_800.jpg

d_70705_detail_2_800.jpg

e_70705_detail_3_800.jpg

f_70705_detail_4_800.jpg

Enjoy! :alien: :alien: :alien:

Edited by GRogall

Cool! Loving the look of the Obliterator. And the bug vehicle looks much better laying down (more like a dragonfly).

And I love how the captured guy has a grin instead of a scared face. I wonder if these sets will have double-sided minifig heads.

Kalhiki

70705 Bug Obliterator

Awesome! Thanks. Hopefully you have more!

-Sci

I'm still not in love with the Bug Obliterator like I am with the other sets. It feels a little clunky to me.

It's not bad though, and chances are I'll wind up getting it regardless. :laugh:

Thanks Grogall!!

Edited by Algernon

I'm rather torn on the bug oblitorator.

The human ship looks like a great design, but I despise the colors.

Ah well, I can wait for clearance.

70705 Bug Obliterator

Wow, thanks Grogall! This set's design looks really cool. Messy color scheme, though, in my opinion. I wish they had used trans-orange instead for the cockpit. That would help a little.

Edited by jasbury
Don't quote images

70705 Bug Obliterator

Thanks for the images!

When you say "image set of the day", does that mean you're posting one set each day? In that case could you please post the Swarm Interceptor images next?