So Toy Fair is looming around the corner, do you think we will see something new for Ninjago? Like this possible second wave?

Since we didn't see even blurry pics taken from the retailer catalog, I doubt it. Then again, LEGO'd want to keep this quiet so there would be more excitement when they're released.

Need some advice here: I really only want Cole (regular black Ninja outfit) and Sensei Wu!

How can i best combine packs or sets to get these 2 without spending a lot of money? Do they both come in one set?

You will have to use eBay or Bricklink, but the cheapest way for both is to buy 853111 and 2516. That way they will be the only figures you have :wink:

Well, I went shopping the other day and finally saw the Golden Dragon in stores. However, I didn't pick it up mainly because I was hunting for Chima stuff.

Plus, there really is no push for me to get. The only thing would be the fact that it's a dragon and the only set I need to complete the wave.

But honestly, there's no exclusive minifigs, and compared to past dragons, this one looks kinda weak. Will I get it eventually? Yeah, probably. But it was just nice to see it in stores since I haven't seen it until yesterday.

Kalhiki

You will have to use eBay or Bricklink, but the cheapest way for both is to buy 853111 and 2516. That way they will be the only figures you have :wink:

Thanks, checked it out some more and i ended up getting 2516 (Outpost) and 2255 (Sensei Wu) that way it's cheaper and i get both as well!

Well, I went shopping the other day and finally saw the Golden Dragon in stores. However, I didn't pick it up mainly because I was hunting for Chima stuff.

Plus, there really is no push for me to get. The only thing would be the fact that it's a dragon and the only set I need to complete the wave.

But honestly, there's no exclusive minifigs, and compared to past dragons, this one looks kinda weak. Will I get it eventually? Yeah, probably. But it was just nice to see it in stores since I haven't seen it until yesterday.

Kalhiki

Tsk Tsk. Because there are no spinners, the Golden Dragon will sell out pretty quickly, being that it is the cheapest set with Golden Lloyd. Next time you shop, and you end up seeing it, I'd pick it up. That is if you can find it.

Kalhiki

I highly recommend it. It is probably my favorite 2013 set that I own. The amount of gold pieces in it are phenomenal. Additionally, it's my favorite dragon (and it's the most sturdy) and the gold ninja is great. I found one or two at two different Targets yesterday, and they were gone today.

My younger brother bought The Golden Dragon a while ago, and I think I like it more than he does!! There is a lot of really cool articulation, and there are a lot of gold pieces (It is a Golden Dragon, after all). Gold 1x1 round tiles! :wub:

So, Huw Millington confirmed on Brickset that there are no more Ninjago sets for 2013. Which is not suprising at all, IMO. I think it was clear from the sudden nature of the 2014 announcement that Lego only decided to uncancel Ninjago a few months ago, once it finally clicked to the higher-uppers that ending such a huge moneymaker after only two and a half years was an enormous mistake.

Maybe another Toy Fair will showcase new sets, because the official Ninjago Facebook page said the Final Battle will continue throughout the year.

Not to mention that the series is much more popular here than it is in the UK. Suppose, much like their photography rules, they will unveil these babies at a different event.

Not to mention that the series is much more popular here than it is in the UK. Suppose, much like their photography rules, they will unveil these babies at a different event.

It is literally impossible for there to be any more sets released this year; that phase has come and gone, and we've heard nothing about them. We'll either see more Ninjago sets later this year when prelims leak for the winter 2014 waves, or at Toy Fair this time next year - the place that stated that the "battle would continue throughout the year" didn't necessarily have to be referring to sets. Could be another filler season of the TV series, online media, books, etc. :classic:

Edited by Mesonak

Tsk Tsk. Because there are no spinners, the Golden Dragon will sell out pretty quickly, being that it is the cheapest set with Golden Lloyd. Next time you shop, and you end up seeing it, I'd pick it up. That is if you can find it.

I highly recommend it. It is probably my favorite 2013 set that I own. The amount of gold pieces in it are phenomenal. Additionally, it's my favorite dragon (and it's the most sturdy) and the gold ninja is great. I found one or two at two different Targets yesterday, and they were gone today.

My younger brother bought The Golden Dragon a while ago, and I think I like it more than he does!! There is a lot of really cool articulation, and there are a lot of gold pieces (It is a Golden Dragon, after all). Gold 1x1 round tiles! :wub:

You guys are making me regret my decision...

I'll be sure to get it next time. Luckily, there are a lot of stores around where I live, so it should be reletively easy to get. If it's sold out in one store, there's always another I'm able to check.

But I should try and get it at Walmart, which I found was the cheapest place (comparing to Target and Toys R Us).

Kalhiki

Maybe we won't see more sets for Ninjago this year because they want room for Chima to get a successful first year. Which is a shame, you have no idea how much I want an Overlord-Dragon!

I think it's safe to say there won't be anymore Ninjago sets. I just wish LEGO would realize that you should make the big release at the END of a theme, so that the popularity of the theme affects the maximum amount of sets.

I think it's safe to say there won't be anymore Ninjago sets. I just wish LEGO would realize that you should make the big release at the END of a theme, so that the popularity of the theme affects the maximum amount of sets.

Umm, no, that's not true, because frankly themes generally don't end until their popularity has already begun to dwindle, at which point it's better to go with a smaller release that doesn't limit the number of fans who will cash in for each individual set. But realistically, Ninjago simply WOULD NOT be continuing in 2014 in any form if it weren't going to be promoting new sets, so that more or less guarantees some sort of 2014 representation.

In Ninjago's case, I imagine TLG was somewhat late in deciding the theme would continue (Mark Stafford did confirm that "it really was ending"), but "just a few months ago" seems a little harsh. Mark Stafford announced on his Twitter in AUGUST that he was working on 2014 products (and that he had begun 2014 sketch models in July), which suggests that the design process for summer 2013 sets would have had to start before then to be finalized in time for release-- unless of course we wanted a rushed summer wave. And with this in mind, it makes perfect sense to me that Ninjago's success might not be expected to last for over another full year. Most non-evergreen themes could have easily petered out after two and a half years.

This hiatus probably won't kill the theme-- Adventurers and Alpha Team both had similar breaks and then came back strong enough for multiple new waves. The only question is what form Ninjago will be continuing in.

This hiatus probably won't kill the theme-- Adventurers and Alpha Team both had similar breaks and then came back strong enough for multiple new waves. The only question is what form Ninjago will be continuing in.

Your mention of my two favorite childhood themes has instantly erased any concerns I had about Ninjago's return. :grin::blush:

Your mention of my two favorite childhood themes has instantly erased any concerns I had about Ninjago's return. :grin::blush:

Same here. I found an HD version of the Orient Expedition theme elsewhere, and I teared up, especially when I found the Knights Kingdom II comic theme right after.

Edited by Penkid11

You guys were right. Went shopping again yesterday, and the stores that previously had the Golden Dragon had none.

Luckily, the last store I went to had two, so all was not lost. I took your advice and picked it up.

Haven't built it yet, though. I'll get around to it today.

Kalhiki

Oh my goodness, the Papercutz site has a page for the eighth graphic novel, due for an October release, with cover art and an in-depth blurb. The premise sounds simply glorious!

After Jay, Cole, Zane, and Kai defeated Lord Garmadon once and for all, the skeletal baddie actually joined the good guys! Garmadon and his son Lloyd are reunited, and the new powerful team, led by Sensei Wu, is totally unstoppable . . . unless they have to face one of their own. Before Garmadon turned, he had placed terrible doomsday devices all over Ninjago, timed to activate in the event of his defeat. Now he must lead the ninjas in a quest around the world to battle these maniacal menaces, and hope that their first mission together isn’t their last!

The blockbuster graphic novel best-seller continues in this thrilling tale of endings and new beginnings!

Haven't managed to find the sixth graphic novel yet (it was supposed to be out nearly a week ago, but the local Barnes & Noble didn't have it in any of the past two times I visited). But overall I'm so glad that the graphic novels haven't lost any steam since the TV series wrapped up.

Judging by that, Kai is still very much a main player. It will be interesting to see where LEGO takes this; it does seem a bit un-creative, but you never know.

This is kinda what I had assumed by Ninjago "continuing throughout the year" - continued story media without sets to support it. I just hope that isn't the case for all of Ninjagp's supposed "return". We wouldn't want another BIONICLE situation. :P

The premise of that graphic novel sounds pretty interesting. I'll probably try and pick it up at some point.