muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

My thoughts:

• Alien Trooper: I can't help it but think about another fugly Space police/Alien conquest minifig.

• Chicken Suit Guy: I wonder how the body and legs will be, or maybe the minifig is just going to have the chicken head.

• Maid Marion: I'm thinking of 3 possibilities... the pink girl from Robin hood, a female elf as someone said earlier (Maybe her style looked a little "wooded", so that's enough to call her a maid marian) Or the girl in blue at the bottom (Her clothes seem very similar to a maid marian) http://farm8.staticf...30d445f43_b.jpg

• Heroic Knight: I'm thinking Knight's Kingdom style (the blue knight, don't remember his name)

• Cyclops: This one will be one interesting minifig. I don't know why I'm imagining it with Aurra Sing's hairpiece :laugh:

• Mermaid: Since we already have some mermaids out there, I bet this one will be completely different with a new hairpiece. A very feminine one comes to mind, like Ariel maybe.

• Fortune Teller: That's right, Jack Sparrow's hair. Maybe she will look a little bit like Ann Lee from monster fighters?

• Dr. Splitz: No idea what this was until I googled it. A simian I guess...

• Roller Derby Girl: a diner waitress from the 50's? Maybe the person who translated it wanted to call her roller derby girl... since she has roller skates as well.

• Judge: Olivia's hair in grey :snicker:

• Battle Mech: No comment

• Caesar: Frodo's hairpiece I guess?

• Downtown Cop: Maybe this one will be a girl? Cause the last cop we had was male.

• Plumber: I don't see a good future in this guy :sick: I think he's going to be as bad as the deep sea diver and the butcher.

• Waiter: Elegant waiter with moustache with Lupin's hairpiece in black :sweet:

• Hollywood Starlet: First I thought about an actress in pink with a fur shawl, I don't know why. But I'm sure this is going to be Marilyn Monroe (Alexandre Boudon's drawings)

Edited by Otherworld

Heroic Knight: Maybe the Lead General's armor, but with interchangeable hair and helmet.

Dr. Splitz: Maybe a half-human and half-ape minifigure.

Battle Mech: Maybe Robocop-esque guy or another cyborg.

Downtown Cop: Either NYPD or LAPD look a like policeman with baton and handcuffs.

Plumber: I don't see a good future in this guy :sick: I think he's going to be as bad as the deep sea diver and the butcher.

What?!??! *huh*

The butcher was one of the best minifig they've done!

Unique t-bone piece and unique cleaver.

I bought many of those just to collect those pieces!

What?!??! *huh*

The butcher was one of the best minifig they've done!

Unique t-bone piece and unique cleaver.

I bought many of those just to collect those pieces!

Of course, that's my opinion... and we're all different. :wink:

Wow. I'm probably getting duped by this. I NEVER fall for this type of news, but wow. This YouTuber has made a video of a rumored Series 9 figure he got from a friend. And, it actually looks real. I looked very closely, and the printing all looked genuine. I'm usually the first to point out the flaws of videos like this, but I have found none in this video. This could very well be the Alien Trooper figure from the rumor list!

Wow. I'm probably getting duped by this. I NEVER fall for this type of news, but wow. This YouTuber has made a video of a rumored Series 9 figure he got from a friend. And, it actually looks real. I looked very closely, and the printing all looked genuine. I'm usually the first to point out the flaws of videos like this, but I have found none in this video. This could very well be the Alien Trooper figure from the rumor list!

That does look kinda legit. The lighting is too bad to tell.

-Sci

Really, it looks like real fig from S9, just following my guess from guessing topic! Re-usage of Spacemarine-type armor in new colour, with alien face. So it's an Alien trooper, too good for custom. Maybe this fig is not so exciting, but it proves the whole list, so I'm waiting for the Judge, Marion, Mermaid and Caesar!

That does seem real, and compared to what I was expecting, this looks tons better (not that I want one). He's obviously meant to be a counterpart to the S7 Galaxy patrol, and though I find it wierd that LEGO would use the same armor on both the good guys and the bad guys (incedenly, why is dark blue good and grey bad? - unless, I suppose aliens aren't necessarially bad?), since it makes it harder to tell apart - and the grey doesn't match well with the green arms either.

I agree with you, guys. I believe this Alien Trooper is real. It's Legos policy to give previous Minifigures a counterpart or companion. This guy is clearly the arch enemy of the galaxy patrol. But I don't like it very much. It's a better choise than another Alien conquest figure, but on the other hand it's a 1:1 recycling of the galaxy patrol without a single new part.

I agree, that Alien Trooper has to be real. He looks really good, too.

The list seems nifty, I'm curious about the Battle Mech and the Fortune Teller in particular. The Fortune Teller could provide for some crazy cool accessories and recolours.

Chicken Suit Guy? I can't help but think of the giant chicken Peter fought in Family Guy (back when FG was still funny..) :laugh:

(Meanwhile, Shakar can't find Series 8 in Italy anywhere).

I can't find it in germany either. I keep on checking the stores in my area since beginning of september. I've never experienced something like that with the past waves of CMF.

The furtune teller and battle mech are the other two figures that I'm most curious about, too.

The Alien Trooper looks awesome. :wub::moar: I wonder what kind of accesory he will get (will he get AC gun like galaxy patrol or series 1 spaceman gun)?

Hmm. That reminds be of that one time when a few S6 Figs got leaked. I remember that some Users said it was fake, and others said it was real. I really don't know if it's real or fake, if it's fake: That is some good customizing!! If it's real: It looks good, although I am a bit bummed that TLG has been so bad with leaked stuff.

Hmm nt sure what I make of this the black bag?? The aliens guns pointing?? I'f this is true then awsome but I cant help not trusting this....

To be honest, it looks cobbled together. The armour and helmet could easily have been dyed or spray painted. The face could be a slide transfer. As could the torso and leg printing. Plus the fact we're not really given a look at the printing on the armour shoulders. The story of how this person got hold of the minifigure sounds bogus. Black polybags? It just doesn't ring true. It doesn't have the quality of a collectible minifigure.

I don't want to be a naysayer but people seem to be jumping at anything and declaring it 'awesome'. I think it's better to err on the side of caution and yes, scepticism with stuff like this.

To be honest, it looks cobbled together. The armour and helmet could easily have been dyed or spray painted. The face could be a slide transfer. As could the torso and leg printing. Plus the fact we're not really given a look at the printing on the armour shoulders. The story of how this person got hold of the minifigure sounds bogus. Black polybags? It just doesn't ring true. It doesn't have the quality of a collectible minifigure.

I don't want to be a naysayer but people seem to be jumping at anything and declaring it 'awesome'. I think it's better to err on the side of caution and yes, scepticism with stuff like this.

I must admit I agree with you and maybe we are jumping the gun a bit but to be honest its not like there are plenty of other videos or photos out there to look at

Howecer it does seem a bit odd that this person would just go to a store and it was there?!

For sure. It is frustrating waiting for news about something you're eagerly anticipating. I'd expect to see any new minifigures turn up on Ebay or a small grainy group shot appear on a foreign website before any actual video. I would think that any product for spring next year would only just be going into production now. After the production run of January products.

Wow. That is one interesting video.

I don't know what to believe now. :laugh:

For sure. It is frustrating waiting for news about something you're eagerly anticipating. I'd expect to see any new minifigures turn up on Ebay or a small grainy group shot appear on a foreign website before any actual video. I would think that any product for spring next year would only just be going into production now. After the production run of January products.

I believe these are actually supposed to be released in January, and we did get some early minifigs from Chima, so I don't see anything wrong there. :wink:

Sorry to disagree with a lot of you but the butcher and diver were two of my favourites!

Two of my favorites as well, especially the diver!

Oh ye of little faith! I hope you enjoy your time under the stone while we believers frolic in the shine of exciting lists and early sightings of Alien troopers and whatnot.

:purrr:

Unfortunately the alien trooper is the one I'm the least interested in, bring on Heroic Knights and Caesar! :wub_drool:

Oh ye of little faith! I hope you enjoy your time under the stone while we believers frolic in the shine of exciting lists and early sightings of Alien troopers and whatnot.

:purrr:

Unfortunately the alien trooper is the one I'm the least interested in, bring on Heroic Knights and Caesar! :wub_drool:

:laugh::rofl: :rofl: :thumbup:

One of the least interesting to me as well, but if they did that good of a job on this one, I'm thinking we should get a really cool ceaser - with a laurel crown. :wub: