DoubleT

2007 Summer City pics

Well not that many years ago, since they made one the last time he he

But i agree nice station.... are you tranguys buying more then one, to make a big station?

Yes, however that still doesn't explain why they made the 9v system so "simple".So the reason you gave us will probably be also true to a certain extend.

The one thing that sucks about 12v is the cleaning of it all. The middle rails are really dust sensitive.

I'm thinking about making a cleaning wagong that will be pulled by an RC locomotive :)

Yes, finally a new train station, man...I've been waiting for years...*moment* *sad*

Nope the scale is perfect to fit my small town. I do have to add some females *yoda*

Those are dreams AFOL have talked about since they heard of the RC system.

Well, it doesn't hurt to dream, though I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. I do know that our hopes and dreams are being fed back to TLC through the LAs. Whether TLC will pay any notice is another question.

I think it was 2005's Brickfest where TLC "promised" to keep 9V as "Hobby Train" next to RC as "Play Train". Well, 9V is still here, but to me it looks like they're phasing it out...

It's hard to say for sure, but some of the recent developments don't make a whole lot of sense. The Holiday Train is an excellent set, and is easy to fit a 9V motor to (okay, you have to find the instructions online, but it doesn't take a whole lot of figuring out), and next to impossible to make work for the current RC setup. The fact that there was an kit containing the train+motor+track+controller is a good sign, even if it was only on S@H.

On it's own, the crossover track doesn't seem to make sense. Most "play train" sets never get big enough to warrant such a thing. If it was designed in such a way that TLC could use the same moulds to make a plastic only version for the mass market, and to also produce a 9V version with metal cladding for hobbyists, then they could be onto a winner.

On the other hand, if TLC wanted to make the RC system appeal to AFOLs, this is a good first step, but a lot more is required.

*wub* Freaking awesome this '07s City Sets!!!!!! *wub*

I won't change my Central Grand Station set for nothing, I mean, it's a modern one, but this year's one is more a-must-have one, with all the real lego feeling from almost 20 years from now!!

The Sea Port... well, I don't have one yet, so this will work well.

The Octan Gas Stations are back!!! :'-)

All the vehicles are awesome, freaking megablocking awesome!!

Hopefully, TLC in Mexico will be importing all this year's sets as once did back in the 80's and middle 90's

Yeah!! X-D

I too really love the line-up for 2007; lot's of wunderbar (as a reference to the european feel of sets) stuff to spend my euros and cents on, many times over. I also agree that the TLC has brought the "sexy back" on town, and yes, I do think we're closing in on another golden era... however, the 80's to mid 90's glamour is still far away.

The seaport is something I've been dreaming since I was just a kid (so, over 20 years... :-$ )... I think the ship is spot on - not too big, but right size for the current line-up. And the gas station is close enough to classics, so no need to hunt the old ones in the net sales anymore. With modding you can make several "franchised" Octan stations, with different level of service.

I know that the town-oriented creator sets are discussed on different threads, eg. here, but I just have to say that especially the house(s) and the ferris wheel (which seems easy to convert for MF's) both are essential for the revival of the good'ol times town spirit.

My oppinion on the RC trains: I like them. Of course, I can see why they do not satisfy the hard-core train modellers, and for serious use, they have too many flaws... But, I'm doing a town-life oriented layout, with trains as a minor detail ("to add realism"), so they're not that important to me anyway... Just as long as some trains run on some tracks, start and stop on stations and so on, I'm happy. The new cross-over will be beneficial for me, since it saves spaces... as for the station, I'll probably get too and merge them into one bigger.

... where are the women?

(at home cooking? do they have a right to vote at lego-city? are they all housewives?)

Here's my view on the gender issue:

My town has a female mayor, and the country that it is supposed to be located (I call it "Legolandia") is ruled by a queen. And I think there's still some hope... The new castle line has a damsel in distress, so unleast they have saved the some molds of female hairs :-P

*Hopefully, TLC in Mexico will be importing all this year's sets as once did back in the 80's and middle 90's

Well, after all those job cuts last year most of the production was outsourced to Mexico, so I don't think they will be 'importing' many sets anymore. All the rest is made in the Czech Republic.

We have a train expert here: lostcarpark. Welcome!

A 9V crossover track would be great, but I don't think that TLC will give us it...

And I agree with the fact that the IR trains need to have more bases (the chassis with the batterie box) with different sizes.

Nice, i like the fuel garage set, neat. I still really like this years fire hovercraft though.

Cheers m'deers! *skull*

Optimax!

just read on Belug that the green truck may be available only for a fairly limited time, very much like the yellow dump truck a while back, and the set may have a "promo price", meaning a very reasonable price. I'd say the info is reliable, even though it only applies to the Benelux, it will probably be for the rest of Europe as well, so make this your priority purchase if you want it.

We have a train expert here: lostcarpark. Welcome!

A 9V crossover track would be great, but I don't think that TLC will give us it...

And I agree with the fact that the IR trains need to have more bases (the chassis with the batterie box) with different sizes.

Thanks, but I don't think I'm long enough out of my "dark ages" to be considered an "expert". I have managed to pull together a few MOCs, though. Judge for yourself.

You're probably right. The one good thing about the crossover is that it should be cheap enough that relative beginners could have a go at converting to 9V without risking a small fortune worth of (increasingly rare) parts.Cladding the rails with metal foil should be relatively straightforward, and unlike the regular 9V points, it shouldn't be necessary to tie the electrical connections into the switch as for most purpose both tracks should be independently powered.

I don't know that more bases is the answer - simply uncouple the battery box and IR sensor from the base and make them separate components. This allows builders to put them wherever best suits their particular train. A couple of different types of battery box would be handy for maximum flexibility (e.g. one around 20x4x2 that can be hidden below the windowline of a coach, or a shorter but chunkier 8x6x4). For steam trains, the battery box might best go in the tender, but the motor may be better off in the loco, like the old 4.5V ones. This would even open up the intriguing (at least for me) possibility of dispensing with the train motor altogether and using a micromotor and gears to power BBB wheels directly.

Thanks, but I don't think I'm long enough out of my "dark ages" to be considered an "expert". I have managed to pull together a few MOCs, though. Judge for yourself.

Nice mocs, I discover what the irish trains look like.

I don't know that more bases is the answer - simply uncouple the battery box and IR sensor from the base and make them separate components.

I don't think that it will be possible, when you look at a IR base. Because the battery box is very big and it's not on or under, but through the base. And the IR sensor need to be powered by the battery, so it will be hard to make it independant.

Well I know it is not popular to moan and criticise the "Great LEGO Group" on this page but I think these sets aren't anything to get worked up about. I notice people here say this is great compared to this blah blah but what they are generally doing is comparing this with real crap sets of last 7 years.

The port is not as good as the previous one (with red crane, 1 ship, 1 pilot boat). Can't you see that?

The Octan station is no way near as good as the 1990s-era one. In fact it is one of the worst petrol stations I have ever seen. It just looks messy. Sure there is a lot of detail, but it is a mess. LEGO are a bunch of imbeciles making the baseplate light grey, a colour that clashes with the current road baseplates. Do LEGO do this on purpose? Do they need to see the doctor? They seem to have no idea that some people want their roads and sets to merge seemlessly, but I guess most people here don't care about having a mix-mash of various roadplates?

On a more general note, why the heck do nearly all lego men have hats (especially stupid baseball ones) , and not hair. It's as scary as the lack of women!

Well I know it is not popular to moan and criticise the "Great LEGO Group" on this page

Since when???

I agree to a degree of about... 75 % with what you said ;-)

The sets don't have the old school charm of "Town", that is true. But you have to give TLC credit since this is "City", sort of an "evolved Town". And all the "City" sets do fit together quite well IMO.

The color problem is true, though, but also nothing new...

I notice people here say this is great compared to this blah blah but what they are generally doing is comparing this with real crap sets of last 7 years.

Yes, it's true, but the fact that IMO a lot of us are so entousiastic is the fact that we don't expect from TLC not so crappy sets, after seeing those last year products. Those new sets are a sign that TLC is going in the right direction in therm of design, with better sets. They are more than correct IMO in therm of design, and maybe we are seing them better than they are because of this.

But it's true that we will never have some sets like in the 80-90's.

LEGO are a bunch of imbeciles making the baseplate light grey, a colour that clashes with the current road baseplates. Do LEGO do this on purpose? Do they need to see the doctor? They seem to have no idea that some people want their roads and sets to merge seemlessly, but I guess most people here don't care about having a mix-mash of various roadplates?

I don't think so, but what do you want us to do? Personnaly, I can't do anything, maybe just buying some old roadplates on BL or Ebay, but too expensif for me than buying the new ones, even if they make a mix-mash...

On a more general note, why the heck do nearly all lego men have hats (especially stupid baseball ones) , and not hair. It's as scary as the lack of women!

I disagree. The fiew civilians that we have, have some hair. Not all but almost.

Personnaly, it's the firts time in 7 years that I'm so exiting seeing new city sets, even if they are not as good as during the old time.

The train station rocks but I'm not sure about the other city sets. *y*

where is a picture of this train station??

I cant find a link to it :( I will get the station if it has some half-good bricks in it.

Is there a new train?

where is a picture of this train station??

I cant find a link to it :( I will get the station if it has some half-good bricks in it.

Right there, first to last picture (they call the platform thingy a train station)...

Is there a new train?

Not that I've heard of... then again, that doesn't mean anything ;-)

hi my name is michael

am new as a member but this as been me fave site 4 a while!

nice 2 meet u all! X-D

new pics look gr8 a like da sea port da best :-D

a like da way city r now branching out in2 a wider set of stuff now dan just stupid fire men!

hi my name is michael

am new as a member but this as been me fave site 4 a while!

nice 2 meet u all! X-D

new pics look gr8 a like da sea port da best :-D

a like da way city r now branching out in2 a wider set of stuff now dan just stupid fire men!

Hello, welcom on Eurobricks. But please, write with a correct english! It's already hard for me to read French SMS langage, so in English... Thanks for the non-english people!

thanks for the link.

The train station is pretty disappointing I think especially before taking into account the fact that the truck is bigger than the train station :-|

thanks for the link.

You what that costs...

The train station is pretty disappointing I think especially before taking into account the fact that the truck is bigger than the train station :-|

I agree. I said it before, it's merely a platform. But it uses the successful style of 4554 at least...

Does the trainstation have any "glass" window panes?

It is difficult to tell. I hope there are some but I can't be sure they are there. I think one could make an okay MOC station with 3 or 4 of these station sets. They will probably be about 30-35 euro?

I dont like the cargo hauler truck, it american style which I don't like at all. Plus the logo colour on the crate sucks. Plus yet another #%$

Maybe the train station is too small, but the truck is too big! We have a problem of scale between the 2 sets... Over than that, I don't find this little train station too bad. It will be a nice second station for a peripheric area, with a bigger one in the center.

i like the yellow car in the petrol station ! those new motorbikes are too big though! >:-(

atleast there better then those stupid triks which where in the old 1s though

they were :-X