just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

I can see why speculation like this would arise, but I think the LEGO Games sell quite well down here, so let's take it with a pinch of salt for now.

But I must admit, when you said "Chima game", I thought you were talking about the upcoming "Laval's Journey" and the MMO. So you had me worried :tongue:.

I'm pretty sure the cancellation is fake, although it might be true. Anyway, that Raven Vehicle drawing is awesome. Too bad the set isn't anywhere near as good.

Edited by DraikNova

This is a pretty good indication of the site's reliability. They've been correct many, many times before when it comes to new sets (or lack thereof, in this instance :P).

Shame if the games are going, but I can't say I ever bought one.

Edited by Mesonak

Chima and Ninjago board games never seemed like a strong design choice to me? The problem was the themes have a built in "tabletop game" element, that made a self contained boxed board game kind of a red headed step child. The board games end up competing just as much with the regular themes sets as they do other games in the game aisle.

Toys R Us added the Chima Constraction figures to their website. Any time now and the sets and Speedorz will be up. Might I remind you all that TRU loves to mark up the prices on all of their sets, so please, don't waste your money with them if you can patiently wait for Lego or any other store to get them.

Chima and Ninjago board games never seemed like a strong design choice to me? The problem was the themes have a built in "tabletop game" element, that made a self contained boxed board game kind of a red headed step child. The board games end up competing just as much with the regular themes sets as they do other games in the game aisle.

I really liked the Ninjago game, myself. I felt the "spinning top" component was brilliantly integrated into the board game, with a brick-built spinner taking the place of the die. The Chima game doesn't have the same integration, but in general I feel Chima's gameplay components are lsss integrated with the toys — the "card game" component of Speedorz competition has next to no integration with the actual toy-based component, unlike Ninjago where your cards affected the spinner competition which was always central to gameplay.

According to the June store calendar, the Legends of Chima: Board Game will be released on 1st of June. So looks like the Games line isn't finishing yet...

According to the June store calendar, the Legends of Chima: Board Game will be released on 1st of June. So looks like the Games line isn't finishing yet...

It also says all Speedorz are "Buy 2 Get 1 Free!"

Here is the Gorzan Ultra Build

That goes in the action figures topic. I'll add it there for you.

Edited by DraikNova

HR images of this summer Legends of Chima sets!

all pics link to HR versions +2000.pxl

70007 Eglor's Twin Bike

b_70007_box_side_800.jpg

c_70007_detail_1_800.jpg

70008 Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

b_70008_box_side_800.jpg

c_70008_detail_1_800.jpg

70009 Worriz's Combat Lair

b_70009_box_side_800.jpg

c_70009_detail_1_800.jpg

70010 The Lion CHI Temple

b_70010_box_side_800.jpg

c_70010_detail_1_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic::classic::classic:

Edited by GRogall

GRogall, thanks for bringing us all these pictures! These sets are interesting, but not for my taste. I do like the Gorilla Striker, though! :classic:

Interesting enough, all of these are rated x-14. There were none of those in the Winter wave! I guess this wave is meant to appeal to older kids.

Edited by just2good

Those pictures are stunning GRogall. :wub_drool:

The thing that strikes me the most is how basically every single character has a weapon with a build that has never been done before.

Oh, Dang! Forgot about the Speedorz........... :devil:

Again all pics link to HR images bla.bla.bla.............

70110 Tower Target

a_70110_box_front_800.jpg

c_70110_detail_1_800.jpg

70111 Swamp Jump

a_70111_box_front_800.jpg

c_70111_detail_1_800.jpg

70112 Croc Chomp

a_70112_box_front_800.jpg

c_70112_detail_1_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic::classic::classic:

Thanks again! The weakest set is definitely the Crug one, but even that one has a cool structure!

I've just realized: the gorillas have a new armor type! (or I just don't know about that armor, which seems more likely :tongue:)

The figs! If anything draws me to these sets it's the figs, especially on the combat lair and the striker. Curse you budget, why do you torture me so, Lego!!

I must have not seen the gorilla speedor design. That's pretty weird and cool at the same time.

On the Lion Chi Temple - at the very top their is a Galaxy Squad egg in trans blue. :thumbup: That piece is in 3 colors now. :wub:

On the Lion Chi Temple - at the very top their is a Galaxy Squad egg in trans blue. :thumbup: That piece is in 3 colors now. :wub:

Sorry, but that's actually these two fairly old pieces from the Town Arctic line. They're common in that color, and come in two of the Speedorz sets. :wink:

30342c01.jpg?0

I've just realized: the gorillas have a new armor type! (or I just don't know about that armor, which seems more likely :tongue:)

Actually, you're right that it's a new piece, but it's not just used on the gorillas. Laval, Razar, LaGravis, and Cragger all use it in the Lion CHI Temple set, Razcal uses it in Eglor's Twin Bike, and Eris uses it in Worriz's Combat Lair. It definitely comes in at least two more colors than the default Chima armor piece from the theme's debut wave.

Notice: the pieces shown in the corner of the blister pack images aren't included in the set shown on the cardboard insert. :tongue:

Notice: the pieces shown in the corner of the blister pack images aren't included in the set shown on the cardboard insert. :tongue:

That's really funny! :laugh:

I know the first one is pieces from the Chi-Waterfall set, but I cannot determine the other two.