Itaria No Shintaku

Minifigures Series 9 Guessing Game

yeah, but that monkey isn't good as the pirate version one...

there is alot of animals that they could make not just snakes or parrots...

goats, roosters, lambs and those kind of farm animals would be very cool... *.*

I think that you are on to something ;)

I think that you are on to something ;)

Perhaps a spin-off series? We've had Team GB Minifigures; why not an Animal line? Which could spur other spin-off series... :classic:

As for Series 9... I'll come up with a list later, but I'd just like to throw a nod in for the packaging, which I'll take a stab in the dark as being green. (Darker than S3, obviously.)

TK

Ok, this will be the line up, I'm 100% sure, ha ha.

1 - Bigfoot or Yeti (give the forest police something to do)

2 - Martian (kinda like the little green guy in Toy Story but less cartoonish)

3 - Mayan King

4 - Gypsy (with outlandish garb, hat and accessory)

5 - Eskimo woman (with penguin)

6 - Kossack

7 - Person in a Fish Suit

8 - Mongolian Warrior (Genghis Khan-ish)

9 - Merman (a soldier to go with Sea King)

10 - Chimney Sweep (grubby with top hat & broom)

11 - Wandering Minstrel (with funny hat & mandolin)

12 - Duck Hunter

13 - Chinese Emperor or Mandarin

14 - Santa's Helper (little elf in green costume)

15 - Snake Charmer (with turban and cobra in pot)

16 - Basketball Player (I don't like the sport but...)

Disclaimer; I looked at the first page of guesses before compiling my list.

Edited by bjtpro

I did some remote viewing and this is what I came up with:

1. Guy with a hairy chest
  2. Lady with a tall hat
  3. Short leg figure (possibly an albino pygmy)
  4. Something with scales (could be a snake-man or it could be a male Lady Liberty)
  5. One of them has red hands (a politician?)
  6. I see more hair, could be a hair stylist or could be an eyelash in my eye
  7. The rest of them are blanks in random colors so kids can draw on them and parents can complain about paying $3.20 for a blank figure

^^ an elf would be great!

@angeli maybe a reindeer? :o

animal line would be epic! maybe in bigger package or something. just think about getting different horse colors, deers, camels, rabits!?, cows, bulls, etc

My list are the following:

1. Ronin or a masterless Samurai

2. Banshee or Female Ghost

3. Space Orc

4. Cyborg like Terminator

5. Vigilante like the Punisher

6. Female Ninja

7. Warlock

8. Prisoner (orange uniform)

9. Barbarians like Conan

10. Seal Team 6

11. Sushi Chef

12. Zeus

13. Hades

14. Ares

15. Backpacker or Hiker

16. Monk

Ok, this will be the line up, I'm 100% sure, ha ha.

5 - Eskimo woman (with penguin)

Good list, and I hate to nitpick... But the Eskimo + Penguin one may need a little more work. As in these are the two living things on the planet that are the absolute farthest from each other. Eskimo's ( or more properly Inuit) are found up north in the Arctic. Penguins are found way south in Antarctica.

Good list, and I hate to nitpick... But the Eskimo + Penguin one may need a little more work. As in these are the two living things on the planet that are the absolute farthest from each other. Eskimo's ( or more properly Inuit) are found up north in the Arctic. Penguins are found way south in Antarctica.

While this is true, just think about all of the LEGO sets that didn't have stairs inside. How did they get up to the top floor? TLG may create something like this to allow more pieces people want, even if it isn't accurate. Although, accurately educating children would be good too. As a child, they probably see snow, parkas, and furry creatures and think they all live together. Oh well, if it means we get LEGO penguins, I'm in.

Yeah I was just reading last month about some famous company's marketing material (perhaps Lego's) that made that same error and I guess I just mistakenly perpetuated it? That's what I get for trying to do something quickly w/o putting too much thought into it.

Yeah I was just reading last month about some famous company's marketing material (perhaps Lego's) that made that same error and I guess I just mistakenly perpetuated it? That's what I get for trying to do something quickly w/o putting too much thought into it.

Maybe a modern antarctic researcher with a penguin? Or a female Eskimo with a baby seal :blush:

Okay...

• Mrs. Santa
  • Bluecoat Soldier
  • Dirndl Girl
  • 'Flash Gordon'-type Space Hero
  • Generic Superhero
  • Jungle Girl
  • Icarus
  • Pyjama Girl
  • Kick Scooter Guy
  • Grunge Musician
  • Crooner
  • Paparazzo
  • Android (like the robot, but more human in shape)
  • Water-skier (with bar attached to string to attach to a boat)
  • Schoolboy with apple and backpack
  • Hipster

Maybe a modern antarctic researcher with a penguin? Or a female Eskimo with a baby seal :blush:

I think it was some marketing material from the past from Lego that had the arctic and penguins together. It might've been posted on this site. I can't remember exactly what it was though, maybe an instruction manual from a past arctic or aquatic theme? Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Ok, I think i will have a go.

1.Cricketer with bat and helmet

2.Knight in shining armour

3.Basketball Player

4.Farmer

5.Angry Chef

6.An eccentric

7.Rock Climber

8.English policeman

9.Wizard

10.Female Elf

11.Hunter from the African savanna

12.Judge with gavel

13.Mermaid

14.Scientist

15.Someone with acoustic guitare

16.Teddy Bear suit guy

Wild West Golddigger or Wild West Sheriff

Grandma Cakemaker

Pizza delivery guy (a UPS-guy would be unlikely)

Michael Jordan (long "Toy Story" arms & legs)

Chimney Sweep

Ghost (basically the new mold thrown in)

Air Hostess (1960s Stewardess)

Trapeze Artist

A short legged minifig - Napoleon or Paper boy (1920s/30s style)

Friar Tuck

Judge

Backpacker with camcorder or Mountain Climber

Scarecrow

Veterinarian

Cardinal's Musketeer (Black Musketeer)

Duck Hunter (camouflage print, orange lifevest, shotgun, duck)

Some special 10th series predictions:

Ole Kirk Christiansen

The Little Mermaid

French Napoleonic infantryman

Twins - 2 baby-minifigs in pink & blue

Angel

Hangman (hood hat, axe)

Massai or Mongol soldier

Grandfather in wheelchair

Paratrooper

Saxophone player

Surveyor

unlikely but a Police Bomb Technician (Civilian EOD Technician with Advanced Bomb Suit) and SWAT-guy with Riot Gear would look awesome

Don't you mean Mary Christmas? :classic:

Is she any relation to

:wink:

Seriously though, I'd have to say Mrs. Claus is a great idea. Maybe we will see her during the next winter/fall series of collectible minifigures! I don't think we'd see her in series 9 because it'd probably be out after Christmas.

I have to add that there are so many great guesses in this thread. I'd love to have some of these as actual minifigures.

1. Pilgrim

2. Cherub/Cupid

3. Jacob Marley - ghost with chain, key, moneybox

3. Scout, boy or Eagle (girlscout to follow in series 10)

4. Maori warrior

5. Businesswoman

6. Christmas elf. We got Santa, now we need his helpers

7. Minstrel

8. Prom girl/Bridesmaid

9. Toymaker/Geppetto

10. Metropolis-style female robot

11. Sleepy girl with pink pajamas

12. Chicken-suit guy (like the San Diego Chicken)

13. Folk singer (with acoustic guitar please!)

14. Barista (female with new printed coffee cup)

15. Flapper

16. Writer with pen

If I repeated anyone's suggestions, please know that credit is implied.

Edited by Writers Blocks

Here are my guesses:

1. Evil wizard

2. Santa's helper (female)

3. Shark suit guy

4. Persian immortal warrior

5. Graffiti artist

6. Canadian Mountie

7. Basketball player

8. Demolitions expert

9. Snake oil salesman

10. Kite-flying kid

11. Cyborg

12. Saxophone player (female)

13. Baroque-era aristocrat (female)

14. Redcoat

15. Orchestra conductor

16. Judge

1. Pilgrim

2. Cherub/Cupid

3. Jacob Marley - ghost with chain, key, moneybox

3. Scout, boy or Eagle (girlscout to follow in series 10)

4. Maori warrior

5. Businesswoman

6. Christmas elf. We got Santa, now we need his helpers

7. Minstrel

8. Prom girl/Bridesmaid

9. Toymaker/Geppetto

10. Metropolis-style female robot

11. Sleepy girl with pink pajamas

12. Chicken-suit guy (like the San Diego Chicken)

13. Folk singer (with acoustic guitar please!)

14. Barista (female with new printed coffee cup)

15. Flapper

16. Writer with pen

If I repeated anyone's suggestions, please know that credit is implied.

Great ideas! We could use a pen and I love the idea of a pilgrim too! :thumbup:

Quite many have listed Santa's helper or Christmas elf or something like that. While Lego may not have been completely consistent with their choices in relation to the publication schedule (the Bunny Suit Guy somewhat missed the Easter season), I don't think they would include a Christmas-themed figure in a wave that will presumably be officially released in January, even if it will probably be found in stores at least somewhere in the world already in December. Thus the main selling season of this series will be from January (or late December) to March. Christmas season on the other hand is like October-December, which corresponds better with Series 8 (including Santa figure, as it happens) schedule and with Series 11 (supposing we are lucky enough to get that far and the three-series-a-year schedule doesn't change).

Edited by Haltiamieli

Quite many have listed Santa's helper or Christmas elf or something like that. While Lego may not have been completely consistent with their choices in relation to the publication schedule (the Bunny Suit Guy somewhat missed the Easter season), I don't think they would include a Christmas-themed figure in a wave that will presumably be officially released in January, even if it will probably be found in stores at least somewhere in the world already in December. Thus the main selling season of this series will be from January (or late December) to March. Christmas season on the other hand is like October-December, which corresponds better with Series 8 (including Santa figure, as it happens) schedule and with Series 11 (supposing we are lucky enough to get that far and the three-series-a-year schedule doesn't change).

I believe it has been confirmed that we wil get at least as far as Series 14. (Could be wrong, of course. :wink: )

Since I today had a look into the retailer's catalogue, I can at least confirm that series 9 exists. But regrettably there were only placeholders and no pictures of the minifigures. Since they were all yellow, I could well imagine that the color for series 9 will be yellow.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Since I today had a look into the retailer's catalogue, I can at least confirm that series 9 exists. But regrettably there were only placeholders and no pictures of the minifigures. Since they were all yellow, I could well imagine that the color for series 9 will be yellow.

Klaus-Dieter

Yeah I'm pretty sure there was an interview last year that confirmed they were in design stages up to series 9 (that was a year ago, so I assume if they are STILL working on them, they may well be designing series 12...) but I guess designs can always be canned if sales drop or whatever.

Series 1 was yellow... so I guess they'd need to use a slightly different shade?

As for my guesses...

Female Vampire

Good Knight

Female Hippy

Some kind of sportsperson

Another skater or skier

And a couple of national stereotypes.

Let's think about minifig parts that still need re-using.

Series 8: ruff, diving helmet, headphone hair, fairy wings, long hair cowboy hat, santa hat.

Series 7: Viking helmet with long braided hair, galaxy patrol armour, ocean king's crown, hippie hair, laptop?, bunny suit head, tamoshanter, bagpipes, aztec headdress

Series 6:, statue of liberty crown, clockwork robot head, teddy bear?, surgeon cap, toolbox, genie tail, classic alien head, minotaur head, roman helmet

Series 5: Egyptian Queen hair, gladiator helmet, graduate hat, lumberjack axe, bearskin, deerstalker, lizard man head

Series 4: Hazmat hood, sailor cap, gnome cap, paintbrush, palette

Series 3: Gorilla suit head, native american headdress

Series 2: Spartan helmet, sombrero, pharoah's staff?

Series 1: caveman beard?, clown horn?

The reason for the list is that it might be more profitable guessing figures based on the parts Lego have to re-use to try and offset the moulding cost. A few may find their way into the new space theme, such as the galaxy patrol armour and the classic alien head. But for the rest...

There are a few minifig accessory packs that are begging to be made. Legionary/Spartan/Gladiator. DONE. Gorilla suit/Lizard Suit/Bunny suit. DONE. Genie/Minotaur/Leprechaun. DONE. Quite what's stopping Lego from doing these all at once I don't know. It's not like they have to jostle for shelf space.

I do wonder about that Sombrero. Where else could you use it except on another Mexican? The big possibility would be a mariachi with new moulded acoustic guitar, which would be absolutely fantastic.

The surgeon's cap has one very obvious re-use - someone in the shower. Think about that for a second. Yeah. Obviously he/she would need a towel to cover their dignity.

The ruff could be used on practically anything and I'd want to buy it. My hope? A Lego take on Elizabeth I. It's a long shot, but it'd be totally worth it.

The paintbrush and palette lend themselves to a Friends set. Maria's Art Contest Showdown or something like that. Unless it's already been done - I'd hardly be surprised.

Edited by Bobsy