CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

These sets are great! So much better than the 2 bigger sets we saw earlier. Love them both

:classic:

Well, I have to get that Aquaman set. I'm considering the Spiderman set with Nick Fury too just for Nick Fury.

I kind of want Doctor Doom and Jameson but I have no interest in those other useless minifigures and the set is really quite ugly.

Well I think that both these sets are the best of the wave. I love the Spider-cycle, especially how by the look of things it can switch from 2 wheels to 4. Plus that Flying car is beautiful I'm a large fan of bigger cars in Lego that can fit multiple figures. the Bat-Boat is also great I guessed it right a few weeks ago with it being from the video game.

I'm in love with the spider cycle set. :wub: I think the vehicles look great and a must have with the cool mini figures for a cheaper price. :classic:

The bat boat was also just like I expected it to be. Overall, I am very happy. Still can't get over TDKR set though. :hmpf_bad:

I think I have found why Fury's car is green. This was the first result for a Google image search of, "nick furys flying car." :tongue:

Edited by Superficial Username

I'll be getting the Aquaman set for sure,I'll have to replace the yellow pieces on the Batboat though,I prefer my Bat-vehicles to be all black.Wasn't there supposed to be a vehicle for Mr. Freeze?

Edited by 305Bats

I am so happy that they didn't just slap in a standard motorcycle for Spidey :wub: That will definitely be a must buy, along with the Bugle :thumbup:

Her are my thought on the new sets...

-Spider Man Set: This set is bad just, I thought we would be getting a cheaper set than it is. Its not like this set is really pricey, but I feel like we could have gotten something very similar for 10$ cheaper. Overtime though, I my find myself buying this set, but for now this is not purchase for me.

-Batman and Mr. Freeze Set: This set isn't so great on the other hand. I think the Bat Ice Sled is just to strange looking and its so Funny how useless Aqua Man is in this set. Mr. Freeze is really nice though and I like his Freeze Gun as well despite this, I don't think this will be a purchase of mine.

Thanks For Rreading!

Edited by North Lego Star

I'll be getting the Aquaman set for sure,I'll have to replace the yellow pieces on the Batboat though,I prefer my Bat-vehicles to be all black.Wasn't there supposed to be a vehicle for Mr. Freeze?

Nah, "hulk_smash" saw the catalog and said there wasn't one. Maybe a rumor long ago included a Freeze vehicle.

Yes! Pictures finally!

All in all those are some pretty solid sets.

I'm excited for 2013, doubly so since we're getting a Lego Batman movie as well.

First thing I thought when I saw Fury's flying car/jeep/truck - BTTF Flying DeLorean's folding wheels! :wub: (That's a pretty good technique (and a stable one I assume) which could be useful for a BTTF DeLorean MOC. :thumbup:) The two new small sets seem to be pretty good pick-ups, especially since you'd be able to get well-designed vehicles and a troika of minifigs (2 heroes + a baddie).

Really?! Is there a thread for this? Links?

Yes, here it is, but don't get excited, it's just the cutscenes from the videogame. :hmpf_bad:

Ah great to finally get pictures of the last Batman set. Pity they aren't that big, but so far it looks really good. Nice shape that looks easy enough to MOD if I want it more boaty and less sleddy. Only concern is it's hard to tell if Freeze has a second face. I really hope he has a serious goggled face. The angry one might work for if his suit has been removed from him, but he needs a calm and goggled one in my opinion. Still, it's a nice set

Yes, here it is, but don't get excited, it's just the cutscenes from the videogame. :hmpf_bad:

Mind you the "graphics" arn't the same and presumably they will make up more content to fill in between the cutscenes.

TLG has released so many new wing pieces recently, yet they still haven't released ANY winged superheroes. Surely it is only a matter of time now? Hawkman? Manbat? Where are you?!

TLG has released so many new wing pieces recently, yet they still haven't released ANY winged superheroes. Surely it is only a matter of time now? Hawkman? Manbat? Where are you?!

You are so right....Harvey_Birdman.jpg...sorry for the slightly off-topic joke. :rofl:

Really?.... -_-

Nope, I just compared the game cutescenes and the trailer and while the movie is certainly based on the game, the animation itself is new. You can tell because of how much better the animation in the trailer is rather than the game. Also there's a fair number of changes in scenarios and in design. For instance Arkham has green windows instead of red. Also in the ace chemical level Batman and Robin are falling into the fire in the game, but in the trailer they're falling to the street outside. And the Flash is in a different city fighting captain Boomerang.

So it's not just the cutescenes.

Aquaman breaking out of the ice looks fantastic. Has that effect been done before in a Lego set?

I think Alfred was caught in ice by Mr Freeze in the old Batcave set.

I think Alfred was caught in ice by Mr Freeze in the old Batcave set.

Not to mention that that effect was used in the original theme those mountain/ice pieces originated in, Alpha Team.