Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Are you Sure, I'm positive that lego only makes 6 regular sets every wave, I'm not saying that this is impossible but rather unlikely that these sets are regular wave sets. I think the BARC Speeder set will be a Toys R Us Limited Edition set and the Umbaran MHC(if proven true) will be a Target limited edtion set or, is it possible that these two sets are from the summer wave?

Yes, that's what tomo says in his first sentence. It is possible that they are from the summer wave; I don't know if Lego usually announce sets from the summer sets in the catalogue that is available now.

As far as I know, it'd pretty unsual for Lego to announce exclusives in the catalogue.

Do we think that the clones in he battle pack will be plain white ones or will we get a variety?

2 plain plain ones, a 212th and 501st trooper would be nice but i expect them to save any interesting looking clones for the more expensive sets.

That's the big question. It could be plain white ones from AOTC, or others from TCW.

Edited by Brickadeer

It doesn't say that the A-Wing Pilot is new... but it couldn't be the one from 2009. Could it? He doesen't even have pupils.

Nice to see some of the rumors confirmed in this more detailed list. So far not many sets attracted my attention, mainly the Old Republic battlepack and the A-Wing, but maybe that's for the better. Still trying to put some money aside for the UCS B-Wing, so there won't be a huge budget left after that. But my wish list may change when i get to see pictures of the new sets...

Thanks for the info. Like many others, I find this wave underwhelming. I'll pick up the Rancor Pit, and maybe catch up on some of the 2012 SW sets, but I think I might be devoting more resources to LotR sets.

Hmm lego is starting putting 5 numbers on the sets codes,any ideas why??Just wordering.

That's the first thing that caught my eye, too. TLG is now on the 9xxx numbers of the four-digit set numbers, but they haven't been using those for very long...

Well I was only going to get the rancor pit and A-wing but I would love to have a 501st Legion to do operation knightfall in Lego and a Cody trooper. All the sets are a must buy for me now even if most are corrupted by "Clonewarsitis". The huge eyes i think they make them look less "Legoy". I like 501st clones.

Edited by Duke of wellington

I've just realised, only 2 clone troopers in the battle pack??

That is incredibly disappointing as i'm assuming the droidekas will be brick built. I'd want a bit more than 2 minifigs from a battlepack.

It doesn't say that the A-Wing Pilot is new... but it couldn't be the one from 2009. Could it? He doesen't even have pupils.

Hmm, I just noticed that, too. Maybe this list is a little off with who's new and who's old... then maybe there's a chance of still getting an updated Obi-Wan in the BARC speeder. :sweet:

Last year there was a big rumour going round of a Droid Factory set featuring Poggel the lesser and was based on the 2nd Season of CW. I think maybe if this set did exist that it was held back a year for the 3D release of Ep II. With a couple of minor changes of course to make it EP II based ( non CW faces and different figs). Does anyone else think this is possible? The rumoured set was on a lot of websites and then it just disappeared? Strange.

Last year there was a big rumour going round of a Droid Factory set featuring Poggel the lesser and was based on the 2nd Season of CW. I think maybe if this set did exist that it was held back a year for the 3D release of Ep II. With a couple of minor changes of course to make it EP II based ( non CW faces and different figs). Does anyone else think this is possible? The rumoured set was on a lot of websites and then it just disappeared? Strange.

I vaguely remember that. I'm fairly certain that that was fake, but maybe it also could have just been cancelled? But I would bet on it being fake.

This new lineup of sets is fair. It isn't the best but certainly isn't the worst. I'm glad we're getting new phase 2 clones including 501st and 212th as well as Captain Rex. The prices seem ok but a little bit on the high side but overall I think it will be a good lineup.

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I love this line-up. It kicks 2012's weak megablocks in my opinion! :grin:

Not surprising coming from a TCW fan. :wink: I understand what you're saying from your CW POV, considering this year was an OT-heavy year (7 OT, 3 PT, 5 CW), so I guess TLG is just balancing out things giving the spotlight on CW sets next year (of course, much to the chagrin of OT fans, but there's still hope in the second wave).

Personally, I'm glad to know that the sets that interest me the most are the small to medium-sized sets - the 2 BPs, the AT-RT, BARC, A-Wing, and Z-95 sets - they seem to be all quite in the 'acceptable' price range that would be easy for the wallet. Though I'm not so sure of the Umbaran set, simply not a fan of weird enemy vehicles, only the new-outfitted Ahsoka and Umbaran figs intrigue me.

The clone wars battlepack could be based on the CW episode "Kidnapped" since it has a sniper-droideka in it, so theoreticaly, it could have one 501th legion trooper and one 212th attack battalion trooper in it, because both were present in that episode... wishfull thinking.

Are you Sure, I'm positive that lego only makes 6 regular sets every wave, I'm not saying that this is impossible but rather unlikely that these sets are regular wave sets. I think the BARC Speeder set will be a Toys R Us Limited Edition set and the Umbaran MHC(if proven true) will be a Target limited edtion set or, is it possible that these two sets are from the summer wave?

All sets are presenting in a retailer-catalogue .. the sets are intended for the launch in Februar 2013 ... this date is for the regular retailers, so the LEGO-Stores etc. will sell them End December/Beginning January.

So there is nothing, what is just intended for the summer 2013 ... All sets are regular and not exclusive.

Thank you very much for this information! :classic:

A-Wing and Rancor Pit sound great, about the others I don't care (maybe the OT planet sets - but if TLG includes only generic minifigs I'm not interested in them, too, only if they did include new characters).

Klaus-Dieter

(...)

Personally, I'm glad to know that the sets that interest me the most are the small to medium-sized sets - the 2 BPs, the AT-RT, BARC, A-Wing, and Z-95 sets - they seem to be all quite in the 'acceptable' price range that would be easy for the wallet. (...)

I noticed too that there are a lot of smaller and medium sized sets in next years first wave. Maybe they did that on purpose to balance out this years rather heavy priced selection... I for one am not complaining about that fact, my wallet could use a bit of a break! :laugh:

I am very pleased by this wave of sets. :) Though I'd love to see a remake of phase 1 clones because they was only one set in which you could get them,I mean there were a few where you get one clone but I did not get enough of them so I hope we get some clones at the 2014 wave because of the 3D AotC and RotS :)

I take it you mean the non CW phase 1s, but there was two sets, Republic Gunship and AT-TE Walker :)

8 regular sets is unusual but all of them are at the normal winter wave price points. Looking forward to those battlepacks and i was wondering about the clone one, we may get 1 501st and 1 212th, seeing as TLG has the prints for them?

Looking forward to those battlepacks and i was wondering about the clone one, we may get 1 501st and 1 212th, seeing as TLG has the prints for them?

It's possible. The point is that the clones in the bp are not indicated as 501st or 212th clones, while they are in the other set. On the one hand, that doesn't have to mean anything, on the other hand, that may indicate that there won't be 501st or 212th clones in the bp.

I'm unsure if this has been mentioned, but just because the Yoda fig is in a CW set doesn't mean there can't be a redesign. Based on the trailer for season 5 Yoda is getting a rather nice, more realistic update, with hair that is more organized and better facial features that resemble the film version more. Could we not see this version, possibly in a more proper olive green colour, in the new AT-RT set? Also, even though the last time we got the AT-RT was a lame throwaway thing in the Turbo Tank, this upcoming set could have more substance to it, like the original AT-RT set from 2005. Even if it is a CW fig, a new Yoda in olive green would be most welcome by me, since now that they have that colour to use, sand green just isn't quite right.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, the Umbaran set that has been announced is the walker thing. Although this will be cool, I would have much preferred the worm like tank they had. It would have been very interesting to see LEGO tackle the design of such an obscure vehicle. But, if this Umbaran set has Fives, I'll be happy regardless of what they do.

I hope the trooper in the AT-RT is a ARF trooper or AT-RT driver, not just a generic 501st trooper. Also it will be interesting to see how TLG justify selling the AT-RT for that price point without making it ridiculously oversized, like the 2005 version. It would be nice if we got two correctly sized walkers in the set, or maybe something for the Droids to use?

I was again wondering about the droideka, and I think that seeing as TLG have now produced 3-4 variations of brick built droidekas, none of which are great, it wouldn't surprise me if they come up with some new moulded pieces to build the droid

Chances are that was just that, a rumor. But keep in mind with this list, it is from the catalog and will not include store exclusives. So there may be one or two sets out there yet. (remember how late we learned of Palpatines Arrest this year?)