Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

I knew it, for every one that owns Jabbas Place underneath it you'll notice four 4 stud holes. And I guessed from that, that they would make a rancor pit.

I knew it, for every one that owns Jabbas Place underneath it you'll notice four 4 stud holes. And I guessed from that, that they would make a rancor pit.

I dig it! The "Jabba's Palace" related themed sets are the first Star Wars sets I'll be purchasing since the minifig Death Star.. ie, the first SW sets in years!

Someone before mentioned that it's too bad there isn't a pillar to hold up the "tower" section from Jabba's Palace.. what if we get another set, as the droid torture chamber or dungeon? EVD209 or whatever his name was and the gonk droid are the only 2 figures from the original Palace sets not to be updated.. while they are awesome as is, it would be an easy way to get out yet another "droids" set and complete the look of the Palace!

ALSO- THANKS to whoever posted that picture of the lego thinktank room or whatever it is- I SEE UNRELEASED DINOSAURS!! off to action themes to celebrate.

Close, the torture droid is called EV-9D9, and she was female (apparently!) :wink:

Thank you very much for the picture of the Rancor Pit, just2good! :classic:

It does really look awesome! :oh: :oh: :oh:

It for sure will fit very well with this year's Jabba's Palace set. I really like it that TLG included another new minifigure and another Gamourrean Guard. It's nice that there's a gate included, too.

It's a pity that TLG didn't design a bottom part for the tower, too, which could include the droid's room with IG-88 and Goink Droid and beneath a small prison cell. But you can't have everything ...

The only thing I'm scepitcal about is how the tower then should stand solid since it will hang in the air.

Klaus-Dieter

Someone said unreleased dinos and thinktank room.Sorry to be irrelevant but where is the picture?

I want to see it too:D

Thank you very much for the picture of the Rancor Pit, just2good! :classic:

It does really look awesome! :oh: :oh: :oh:

It for sure will fit very well with this year's Jabba's Palace set. I really like it that TLG included another new minifigure and another Gamourrean Guard. It's nice that there's a gate included, too.

It's a pity that TLG didn't design a bottom part for the tower, too, which could include the droid's room with IG-88 and Goink Droid and beneath a small prison cell. But you can't have everything ...

The only thing I'm scepitcal about is how the tower then should stand solid since it will hang in the air.

Klaus-Dieter

How do you know that a Droid Torture Room set is not planned? Someone check the bottom of the tower.

Will we be seeing any more Starwars sets or figures at at Comic Con or are they only revealing the Rancor set at the moment?

You probably are right that the parts that look white are simply light grey, and that the tan ones are dark tan. Colours often tend to look off in promotional pictures such as the one we've been provided with. Either way, I still stand by the structure being too many colours. Also, the walls of the pit in the movie are pretty much entirely made up of large round-ish boulders. This doesn't really come across at all in the way that the structure is built. I wouldn't normally do this much complaining about a set, it's just that the bar has been raised so high in recent years in terms of what is possible with Lego bricks.

You're definitely right in that the bar has been raised very high recently. I'll confess, I haven't bought a LEGO Star Wars set since 2005. :blush: But for the past few years there's always been at least one set that I find extremely tempting. One of the main reasons I've been able to hold off on buying them is that with all the stylistic changes in both sets and minifigures, I might be tempted to rebuild my whole LEGO Star Wars collection from the ground up, and that would be extremely expensive! That doesn't stop me from looking for sets like last year's gorgeous podracers on sale, though. :wub:

Overall, perhaps one reason I'm so forgiving with LEGO Star Wars sets is that I haven't bought one in so long. Pretty much any of today's sets would be way better than anything I currently have in my collection. Certainly I can't afford not to have discriminating tastes if I do start buying LEGO Star Wars sets again, and I'll admit the Rancor Pit isn't a set I'd want to buy unless I'd already bought Jabba's Palace. Still, it should have plenty of appeal with kids, perhaps more so than Jabba's Palace since it depicts a dedicated action scene rather than a series of more mundane scenes.

Will we be seeing any more Starwars sets or figures at at Comic Con or are they only revealing the Rancor set at the moment?

Today is the day they're devoting their booth to LEGO Star Wars, so if anything else does get revealed then chances are it will happen today. Keep your eyes peeled!

A new Slave Leia would be amazing, especially with how detailed minifigures have gotten in recent years.

Im wondering just how much detail you would be hoping for on a new Slave Leia :grin:

On another note, Yodanews posted a pic of a minifig in the Rancor's mouth. Looking at the size of the Rancors head/body, I'd hazard a guess that you can actually fit a minifig inside that Rancor as well.

The fact, that there has been no slave Leia, gives me a little bit hope that there may be another Jabba Palace set on the way, or a the Sail Barge :wub:

The fact, that there has been no slave Leia, gives me a little bit hope that there may be another Jabba Palace set on the way, or a the Sail Barge :wub:

another Jabba Palace ? How many do you want yet?

another Jabba Palace ? How many do you want yet?

I did not mean THE Jabba Palace :hmpf_bad: , I meant another set which is part of the Jabba Palace, it could be the droid torture room or another room :wink:

Someone said unreleased dinos and thinktank room.Sorry to be irrelevant but where is the picture?

I want to see it too:D

Someone else posted this awesome picture in this thread a few pages back.. but it is definitely worth reposting, probably the coolest picture of TLC I have ever seen:

click here for legoy goodness

UNFORTUNATELY as I posted in the action themes section, my excitement about unreleased dinos may have been unfounded.. the two dinos in the picture(below the silver pipe) appear to be -just- dino toys and not -lego- dino toys(I posted pictures of the toys they probably are in the dino thread).

BUT there are plenty of things to actually note in this picture, the most of which being SW sets(to keep this on topic):

-2 as yet unreleased fully boxed ALIEN CONQUEST sets(far mid left)

-Unreleased large ATLANTIS vehicle concept(the bottom right of the Atlantis case).. looks particularly awesome, with tentacles

-One of the two "dark towers" from LOTR, LOTR siege towers (to the left of Buzz and Woody)

Metric crapton of Star Wars stuff- possible concepts, future sets, lego designers showing off, etc-

My favorites?

-Yavin Playset

-Red Tie Interceptor

-Techno Union ship(Include a Wat Tambor minifig!)

-Kashyyyk Playset(this appears to be the most polished of the as of yet unreleased sets/possible concepts.. will be super surprised if this doesn't show up this year)

-The glimpse of some unknown SW playset in the extreme bottom right of the photo.. cut off.. I love big SW playsets :)

Someone else posted this awesome picture in this thread a few pages back.. but it is definitely worth reposting, probably the coolest picture of TLC I have ever seen:

click here for legoy goodness

UNFORTUNATELY as I posted in the action themes section, my excitement about unreleased dinos may have been unfounded.. the two dinos in the picture(below the silver pipe) appear to be -just- dino toys and not -lego- dino toys(I posted pictures of the toys they probably are in the dino thread).

BUT there are plenty of things to actually note in this picture, the most of which being SW sets(to keep this on topic):

-2 as yet unreleased fully boxed ALIEN CONQUEST sets(far mid left)

-Unreleased large ATLANTIS vehicle concept(the bottom right of the Atlantis case).. looks particularly awesome, with tentacles

-One of the two "dark towers" from LOTR, LOTR siege towers (to the left of Buzz and Woody)

Metric crapton of Star Wars stuff- possible concepts, future sets, lego designers showing off, etc-

My favorites?

-Yavin Playset

-Red Tie Interceptor

-Techno Union ship(Include a Wat Tambor minifig!)

-Kashyyyk Playset(this appears to be the most polished of the as of yet unreleased sets/possible concepts.. will be super surprised if this doesn't show up this year)

-The glimpse of some unknown SW playset in the extreme bottom right of the photo.. cut off.. I love big SW playsets :)

Wow thanks for the nice blown up pic. I see a few other things that I missed. There is the Separatist "crusher" ship, that was used in the first CW Malevolence episode to crush clone escape pods. There is a very large CW Walking Artillery Piece, And some thing interesting using a bunch of white wheels in behind it.

The rancor looks even better seeing it at all the different angles. I like Luke's alternate expression too. I'll be happy enough if this head becomes his standard one from now one.

The one thing I am disapointed in is there's no connecting points on either side of the set for a potential droid dungeon. Either we don't get one and the tower remains floating in the air, or we do at the expense of an unstable lower level. :sceptic:

Can someone please post the most recent Rancor pics here? Flickr isn't working on my iPad and I would really like to see them up close. And that was all that was revealed today?! Uck! :hmpf:

Why is there a hole in the center of the rancor pit?

To have play space?

.-.

Edited by CM4S

Why is there a hole in the center of the rancor pit?

Cause a third model will come below.

Release in 2014 for that new set.

Edited by Iron Mac
Please don't quote images