Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur: Day Three

Wow. That actually worked out pretty well. Now we have someone whose statements we can look back on, make connections, etc, not to mention a potentially massive lead for today's lynch. :sweet:

I'm sorry, but if we think we've identified the scum killer, we lynch that player. We need to reduce their numbers because each time we take one of them out, it gets significantly harder for them to win. We can't rely on the vig to get a scum every time. I'm inclined to think the vig just got lucky last night.

Plus, if we think we've identified the killer and we try to block them perpetually, there are so many things wrong with that concept that it strikes me almost as scummy.

1. It may be possible for them to pass the kill around

2. Our blocker may be identified by a scum watcher/tracker/whatever

3. Our blocker may be blocked by a scum blocker/jailkeeper/whatever

4. Our blocker may be accidentally killed by the vig or by another killer such as an SK.

5. We have to identify someone else to lynch in the meantime, who we will almost certainly have less evidence against.

6. We'll have to kill them at some point, otherwise we'll never know how many of them are left.

If we come to a conclusion that this person is likely not the killer after all, then I suppose we can let them live, but for now, I say we lynch them. In the worst case scenario, where this person turns out to be town, it'll tell us that our protector probably protected the right person.

Just wondering, is it a normal thing that the scum only have one killer? I haven't watched as many holo-vids as you all have, :blush: but in the one that showed it all from the scum's perspective anyone on the team could kill, I think. :look:

Just wondering, is it a normal thing that the scum only have one killer? I haven't watched as many holo-vids as you all have, :blush: but in the one that showed it all from the scum's perspective anyone on the team could kill, I think. :look:

It used to be normal, but I think that changed lately. I don't remember any game before Infection having a shared kill, at any rate. :sceptic:

Good work Vigilant! :thumbup: Not seeing what I would assume is a scum kill, I can only hope they were blocked and did not make a conversion.

One scumbag down! And one with incredibly ugly hair, so it's like a double win. And he talks to himself like a freak, so triple win! :grin:

Hmmm I know who the blocker blocked, paired with quite an odd story against this person, I'd say it's enough for a conviction. I won't say who it is though, as I would like what the blocker tells me what feedback he got from our Admiral.

Sounds interesting, and maybe the kind of lead I won't feel bad following.

How ironic. After all I was arguing with Francis about, and we don't lynch anyone, the Vig (I assume; I guess there's a small chance that it could have been an SK) goes out and kills a Scum. :laugh:

Hey, let's take our victories wherever they come from, vig or sk. Whoever did that, good job! :thumbup:

(and, take that Francis, the vig got a scum! :laugh: )

I will more than happily take that. :sweet:

Hey Scuba...when are you going to reveal who was blocked? We're all kind of waiting for your case in order to proceed... :sceptic:

It's been 12 hours and the blocked person has not come forward to me. I am sending the guy a PM, because there is one very specific way this guy could not be scum.

And don't wait for me, just go ahead with whatever else. I somehow doubt there are only two scum. :sceptic:

I'm opening voting about four hours early, but the day will still last the full 72 hours.

You need 10 votes to lynch.

Alright... Mr. Zachary Jones (Flipz) has decided to play dumb.

He is the person my blocker blocked, and it looks pretty damn bleak for him. He has decided NOT to talk to me, and his only reaction to the PM I send earlier, which said: I suggest you start talking, is this:

Erm...about what? :wacko:

So. Not only is he blatantly bullshitting the rest of us by not responding to my plea, I gave him the oppertunity to contact me, and there was indeed the chance he could have said certain things which might have made this thing right, He also has the nerve of acting like he does not know what the hell is going on.

Say for yourself, if I would have contacted any one of you with: I suggest you start talking, and let's say you would not have been blocked, would you be confused as of what is going on, or would you say something along the lines of: Dude, you have the wrong person, or: You are scumming this all up.

This my friends, is faked persona to the max, he is blatantly dragging this whole thing out, trying to prolong this whole case, and confusing as many of us in the process, because he knows he is screwed, he can't do anything at this point to worm himself out of this, and he knows it. His last statement only contributes to that:

Hey Scuba...when are you going to reveal who was blocked? We're all kind of waiting for your case in order to proceed... :sceptic:

He makes it look as if we can't proceede with the conversation, as though it's my fault we are waiting, while it's actually his own. But we have more important things to worry about, I said in the past that I had a very odd story that speaks against this person, and combined with the fact that he got blocked by the blocker who I believe is town, would be enough for a conviction, so here it is, I will keep this short and simple, it does not deserve more words.

Zachary Jones told me a neutral cop claimed to him, who investigated me on night one as town.

Uhhhhhhhh Yes. That's it. Basically.

Erm, one problem with this story...I never got any word of being blocked last night. :wacko: I don't know why you found my reply so suspicious, considering you cut off contact with me last night; I honestly thought you were talking about something in the earlier PMs, and could not figure out what. It didn't occur to me that you'd tried to block me, since, you know, it didn't happen. :blush:

Oh! Shoot! I think I know what happened! Lt. Wheeler, give me a moment, I need to speak to you privately.

Erm, one problem with this story...I never got any word of being blocked last night. :wacko: I don't know why you found my reply so suspicious, considering you cut off contact with me last night; I honestly thought you were talking about something in the earlier PMs, and could not figure out what. It didn't occur to me that you'd tried to block me, since, you know, it didn't happen. :blush:

Oh! Shoot! I think I know what happened! Lt. Wheeler, give me a moment, I need to speak to you privately.

Yadie Yadie Yadi Vote: Zachary Jones (Flipz)

He is the person my blocker blocked, and it looks pretty damn bleak for him. He has decided NOT to talk to me, and his only reaction to the PM I send earlier, which said: I suggest you start talking, is this:

That reaction is awful, absolutely horrible. Unless he's been intentionally avoiding the thread, he should have known that you wanted to talk about who was blocked. That right there pretty much confirms him as scum, to be honest.

Say for yourself, if I would have contacted any one of you with: I suggest you start talking, and let's say you would not have been blocked, would you be confused as of what is going on, or would you say something along the lines of: Dude, you have the wrong person, or: You are scumming this all up.

Well, had it been me, I would have said that you had the wrong person - the case you made to Gordon as to why you're town is a good one, so I wouldn't accuse you just for having the wrong guy. However, the reaction Jones gave, or, more accurately, the lack of reaction is incredibly scummy.

In addition, this post by Jones:

Seems incredibly rushed, forced, and awkward. He knew he had to say something since he was blocked, but there wasn't much to say so he just repeated himself. He usually says at least five times this much in each of his statements, and he usually makes at least three to five more statements than he's made today.

In addition, he used your nickname, not your real name (why they call you Scuba, I don't want to know :look:), which is a sign of nervousness.

All this said, I am 100% that the correct lynch today is Zachary Jones.

Vote: Zachary Jones (Flipz)

Zachary Jones told me a neutral cop claimed to him, who investigated me on night one as town.

What the hell is this about? :wacko: Why would a neutral have an infromative PR? How does he win? :hmpf: If he's just a survivor, he has no need for the cop action.

In addition, why would anyone investigate you, you've been the only consistent townread in the game. :wall:

This whole neutral cop business is just more of Jones' BS.

That reaction is awful, absolutely horrible. Unless he's been intentionally avoiding the thread, he should have known that you wanted to talk about who was blocked. That right there pretty much confirms him as scum, to be honest.

Well, had it been me, I would have said that you had the wrong person - the case you made to Gordon as to why you're town is a good one, so I wouldn't accuse you just for having the wrong guy. However, the reaction Jones gave, or, more accurately, the lack of reaction is incredibly scummy.

Yeah, and that's YOU, not me. I've been dealing with other issues outside of Eurobricks outside the ship, for once this situation isn't at the forefront of my mind. It simply never occurred to me that Wheeler would have me blocked, for the simple fact that I wasn't, and that he had no reason to. :hmpf:

In addition, this post by Jones:

Seems incredibly rushed, forced, and awkward. He knew he had to say something since he was blocked, but there wasn't much to say so he just repeated himself. He usually says at least five times this much in each of his statements, and he usually makes at least three to five more statements than he's made today.

In addition, he used your nickname, not your real name (why they call you Scuba, I don't want to know :look:), which is a sign of nervousness.

Repeated? As far as I know, that was the first post I made today. :hmpf: It's called "posting right before you go to bed because you don't want the topic buried in the morning," I do it all the time in Heroica.

What the hell is this about? :wacko: Why would a neutral have an infromative PR? How does he win? :hmpf: If he's just a survivor, he has no need for the cop action.

In addition, why would anyone investigate you, you've been the only consistent townread in the game. :wall:

I'm just repeating the info I was given; for obvious reasons, I DON'T want to publicly out the Cop, even though he is Neutral. It makes perfect sense when there's two Scum teams; the Scum would benefeit from a Neutral cop helping them to find the rival Scum and eliminate them.

I'm just repeating the info I was given; for obvious reasons, I DON'T want to publicly out the Cop, even though he is Neutral. It makes perfect sense when there's two Scum teams; the Scum would benefeit from a Neutral cop helping them to find the rival Scum and eliminate them.

You'll be glad to hear the real cop found a townie today, so we don't have to worry about your imagined neutral-cop friends.

I am convinced by the argument, and since I can vote for someone else, Vote: Zachary Jones (Flipz).

Oh, this again :sceptic: ? Just this statement is enough to begin a lynch on you. Vote: Zachary Jones (Flipz)

Oh, this again :sceptic: ? Just this statement is enough to begin a lynch on you. Vote: Zachary Jones (Flipz)

Given the number of people here, a second Scum team is MORE than likely. If there isn't, I'd question balance, unless the Scum have conversions; since there was a kill on the first two Nights, I highly doubt that. It's simple math, really. :hmpf:

Given the number of people here, a second Scum team is MORE than likely. If there isn't, I'd question balance, unless the Scum have conversions; since there was a kill on the first two Nights, I highly doubt that. It's simple math, really. :hmpf:

but there was no scum kill on night 2, that's the entire point :wacko: STOP CONFUSING US, SCUMBOY.

but there was no scum kill on night 2, that's the entire point :wacko: STOP CONFUSING US, SCUMBOY.

:wall: I forgot how many days have gone by, give me a break, I'm dealing with outside stuff!

In any case, I don't think the Scum would wait until night 2 to convert somebody; what if their converter got killed or lynched before then? No, it's more likely that the Scum don't get conversions, and thus that there are two teams of Scum.

So...makes up a freakyass role, is blocked on the same night of no-kill. Well, it's not a lot, but it's pretty damning and it fits. Call me convinced. Vote: Zachary Jones (Flipz.) It was that foreign oil that made you do it, wasn't it? :cry_sad:

What's that talk about balance? How would you know about the balance of the set-up? Point is, I myself have no idea how many scum there is, what roles they have and how many roles we have. I guess no townie would be in position to even make an educated guess, while the scum know a bit more...

Just pointing that out, your statement about balance isn't really in itself scummy, but when used as defense, it can be. It's a light case of IIoA, though. Not that I'd need this to justify my vote.

Well, it's obvious that you can't be both right. Wheeler said that his blocker was told he blocked someone from using his night action, you claim that you weren't blocked. Easiest explanation, one of you is lying, and it's most likely you.

Vote: Lt. Jones (Flipz)

What's that talk about balance? How would you know about the balance of the set-up? Point is, I myself have no idea how many scum there is, what roles they have and how many roles we have. I guess no townie would be in position to even make an educated guess, while the scum know a bit more...

Just pointing that out, your statement about balance isn't really in itself scummy, but when used as defense, it can be. It's a light case of IIoA, though. Not that I'd need this to justify my vote.

Well, it's obvious that you can't be both right. Wheeler said that his blocker was told he blocked someone from using his night action, you claim that you weren't blocked. Easiest explanation, one of you is lying, and it's most likely you.

Vote: Lt. Jones (Flipz)

The Scum team would have to be HUGE in order to balance a player pool of 23 people, unless there are two teams or unless the Scum got conversions. In any case, it has little bearing on the case against me, I'm simply defending our Neutral Cop, though if Scuba's found a real cop then perhaps I needn't be so worried about defending him (especially since he doesn't see fit to defend me at all despite the fact that my loyalty to him is a millstone around my neck at this point :hmpf: ).

Oh, no, his blocker did indeed block someone, but they didn't block me; the action was redirected. I know this because I'm the one who did it--I'm the Redirector. Last Night, I redirected all actions from me to Commander Walters, just like Night 1 I redirected all actions from Scouty to Awesomestar. Of course, now that you've forced me to claim publicly, I'm mostly useless to you, since I'll be permablocked or killed by the Scum unless I always target myself, but there you go. That's what happened. :sceptic:

If you have a defense, it might be a good idea to present it in public so we can consider it...

Anyways, whenever there's a night action result that implicates someone, the rule is that you test it by lynching that suspect. That alone is enough for me to Vote: Zachary Jones (Flipz).

Aha! Talk about a condemning reveal. The plot thickens. :grin:

He is the person my blocker blocked, and it looks pretty damn bleak for him.

So. Not only is he blatantly bullshitting the rest of us by not responding to my plea, I gave him the oppertunity to contact me, and there was indeed the chance he could have said certain things which might have made this thing right, He also has the nerve of acting like he does not know what the hell is going on.

The blocking thing would be enough to lynch him in the first place, but his useless reactions just make the case against him even stronger!

:wacko: One more nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned.

Vote: Zachary Jones (Flipz)

I'm amazed that something this certain has fallen into our hands! I think it's safe to trust the evidence brought forward, and if for some reason things don't turn out the way we expected, then there's always tomorrow's vote.