Loco de Lego

What're your favorite and least favorite Star Wars sets?

My favorite would be 10225 R2-D2, as it is the most interesting UCS set that has as just as much prequel relevance as it does OT, and you can mod the legs to make his pose in three leg mode more realistic.

Edited by OBI-WAN37

Lego Star Wars is one of the best Lego themes in present and this theme launched many great sets,too.

But at the same time,It also produced some awful sets too,so no Lego theme are perfect!

In your opinion,which is the worst Lego Star Wars ever produced?You can post everything about the Lego Star Wars set your hate,just post according to your opinion.

7159 Podracer Bucket, the original Sith Infiltrator...

A "worst SW sets" topic already exists, I believe.

Edited by Corydoras

I would say it's the multi-colored mess that is 7184 MTT.

The original Sith Infiltrator is very blocky by today's standards but I think it was a solid set for the time period it came out in. The second attempt at the Infiltrator from 2007 was a lot worse. It looked like a bunch of slope pieces just randomly thrown together. No effort thrown into the design at all.

The technic R2-D2 8009. What were they thinking?

<snip>

:laugh: I agree

Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't quote pictures.

The worst lego Star wars ever launched(In my opinion) is the UCS Darth Maul.

This set looks good when look it from far,but when you see it from near,this set looks horrible and ugly. :sick:

brickpicker_set_10018_1.jpg

Edited by ArmstrongYong

The transition from yellow to fleshies was really rough on Star Wars, the Revenge sets weren't bad, per se, but some of them....brrrrrrrr. And don't forget the Assassin Droid Battle Pack. Not exactly one of the greats, that.

I feel like a lot of the older sets could get cut some slack. Original Sith Infiltrator was very blocky, but for 1999, that was usual, as a lot of curved bricks did not exist. I very much did not care for the original podracer, because its boring when you don't have another podracer to race against :hmpf_bad: , and where does one fit in with the rest of the battle vehicles??? This does not make it the worst set, maybe the most boring. Atleast the Infiltrator had some guns and a lightsaber. Second Infiltrator was just plain bad for 2006 model.

The one I think is the worst though is the 7260 Wookie Catarmaran.

hqdefault.jpg

Way too big, barely similar to the actual model, also had like 5 seconds of screen time, and is one of the least recognizable ship in the entire movie, worst of all, it was overpriced. The only good thing in the set was the swamp speeder, cloner troopers, and Luminara (give or take) This set could have been smaller, I guess the only reason they made it was to complete a battle of kashykk with the other sets..

For the sets I have I think the #75038 Jedi Intercepter and #75020 Jabb's Barge. I think I just dislike the Jedi Intercepter design and every time I look at the sail barge I just think it is way too small. It should be at least 50% bigger. It just looks weird at that size IMO.

At the same time,i also think the 7159 Podracer Bucket is one of the most terrible Star wars set TLC ever make.I know this set is for kids,but this is ridiculous. The Podracers are way too small,jar jar Binks minifigure is been too plain of the skin colour,and the Aldar Beedo minifigure is only a regular minifigure head stucked on a battle droid body.Boo :thumbdown:

7159_box.jpg

Edited by ArmstrongYong

for me is the "Clone troopers vs Sith troopers"

ok, you've got 4 minifigs, but since i have never seen anything about the old republic i can't contestualize them.

Also, i've never seen other "old republic" sets, so with what i'm supposed to use these minifigs?

Last , i hate the speeder bike :D

brickpicker_set_75001-1_2.jpg

Nah, you've all got it wrong, 7257 Ultimate Lightsaber Duel is the worst. ;) It barely resembles the scene and was pretty flimsy.

The 7161 Gungan Sub had to be one of my least favorites as a kid. It never stayed together. I never had one big sub just three small not fun subs

for me is the "Clone troopers vs Sith troopers"

ok, you've got 4 minifigs, but since i have never seen anything about the old republic i can't contestualize them.

Also, i've never seen other "old republic" sets, so with what i'm supposed to use these minifigs?

Last , i hate the speeder bike :D

As an army builder it's quite a good set. They also released a Republic Striker Class Starfighter with some good figs, a Sith Fury Class Interceptor and a Jedi Corvette Cruiser... Each of them with key minifigs to the game.

The teaser footage for that game was probably the best 10 minutes or so of Star Wars footage I've seen outside of the OT and makes those figs/sets very worthwhile.

The Lego Star Wars 7680 Twilight. I just don't know what went wrong there, it just wasn't designed with enough space, and looked ugly.

Hate is a big word for something as fun-oriented as LEGO, but considering the price of most sets these days, it's quite hard to understand how they could mess up the design of the Sith Infiltrator not once, not twice but three times, and each time looking worse than the original one (which wasn't quite right already).. Good thing I only collect OT sets, but that was my one ship I liked from the otherwise very forgettable PT designs, and Maul is like the one redeeming quality of TPM.. Pretty much gave up on ever getting a good one.

Some of the other sets shown or linked in this thread do look quite bad, though some of them are from ye olden days when stuff was harder to get right with a more limited brick set.

I don't own many of the "bad" sets myself because I have limited display space and I try to collect only the "good" ones hehe :laugh:

Oh wait, I do HATE one thing.. I HATE that there is no UCS Cloud City set yet! :wink:

Well I suppose it all depends on what you strive for in a set, are you someone who looks for minifigures, parts, playability, accuracy, design?

For me, it would have to be the Twilight, I felt this set lacked in almost every aspect I mentioned, the minifigure range was poor, it had barely any playability, design wise the interior was taken by the landing gear. In general - quite a weak set.

I HATE that there is no UCS Cloud City set yet! :wink:

10123 could be considered UCS.

10123-1.jpg

:tongue:

Nah, you've all got it wrong, 7257 Ultimate Lightsaber Duel is the worst. ;) It barely resembles the scene and was pretty flimsy.

Hey, I'm with you on that! I mean, I got it when it first came out, and even my 8-year-old self thought it was the biggest bomb this side of Hiroshima. Ten years later and my view on that set hasn't changed. :sick:

For the sets I have I think the #75038 Jedi Intercepter and #75020 Jabb's Barge. I think I just dislike the Jedi Intercepter design and every time I look at the sail barge I just think it is way too small. It should be at least 50% bigger. It just looks weird at that size IMO.

No,i don't think TLG need to make 75020 bigger.If TLG make the 75020 bigger,the price would be too high and looks too much same like a UCS set. :sceptic:

Edited by ArmstrongYong