Loco de Lego

What're your favorite and least favorite Star Wars sets?

The Umbaran MHC just didn't do what it was supposed to, and LEGO just made a terrible concept and a terrible design slightly sleeker just to get it to sell. I only considered the more recent sets, as there are too many horrible pre-2005 sets to choose from!

The MHC is fine. The problem is that the included Umbaran troops should have had the Atlantis pressure suits to better replicate the look of their peculiar battle-gear rather than the Space Police Commando helmets they ended up with.

My most favorite set is the TFA Millennium Falcon and my least favorite is the Mandolorian Speeder

7133 Bounty Hunter Pursuit has always been my favourite SW set that I own, which is kind or ironic since its from my least favourite SW film. Both ships are fun, interesting builds that still look great and it's still the only set that features Zam Wessell. I can't understand why TLG hasn't revisited it.

My least favourite set would have to be the new USC Hoth set--I do not own it, by the way. It does very little to evoke the setting on which it's based and has a very disappointing minifigure lineup.

Also, I happen to love the old podracer bucket. It's a bucket--not a set--and existed as a fun way for kids to create and race their own podracers. I wish TLG would produce more licensed products that encourage imagination and originality like that one did.

Anyone here with a burning hatred for the 2014 AAT? That thing is just awefull,the first micro / mini fig scale hybrid...

My favorite set would be 75021 Republic Gunship. For me it's almost perfect representation of the vehicle and great improvement over the previous two versions. If you have enough clone troopers and clone pilots to fill it up it looks great on display.

I don't have a favorite but recently I started to really hate the 75158 Rebel Combat Frigate.Not only it's extremely expensive but the whole set itself is simply bland and boring,the only worth while item that comes out of it is Ahsoka and that's it.

I'm a huge fan of pretty much every Shuttle in the SW Universe, so naturally my favorite sets consist of the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium, as well as Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle. (Although, I modded that set quite extensively, so maybe that's not the best choice.) Also, the upcoming Delta-Class T-3c set for Rogue One looks incredible from what we've seen, so I'd imagine that one will be high on my list too.

As for least favorites? I have to go with the most recent AAT and Sith Infiltrator. The older versions were miles better, specifically the 2001 AAT and the 2011 Sith Infiltrator. I fail to understand how TLG messed those two sets up so badly, especially considering the perfection that the older versions had almost attained. Luckily, that kind of thing doesn't happen to often. A good chunk of modern sets are clear improvements over the originals.

Edited by Nokturn

I'm a huge fan of pretty much every Shuttle in the SW Universe, so naturally my favorite sets consist of the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium, as well as Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle. (Although, I modded that set quite extensively, so maybe that's not the best choice.) Also, the upcoming Delta-Class T-3c set for Rogue One looks incredible from what we've seen, so I'd imagine that one will be high on my list too.

As for least favorites? I have to go with the most recent AAT and Sith Infiltrator. The older versions were miles better, specifically the 2001 AAT and the 2011 Sith Infiltrator. I fail to understand how TLG messed those two sets up so badly, especially considering the perfection that the older versions had almost attained. Luckily, that kind of thing doesn't happen to often. A good chunk of modern sets are clear improvements over the originals.

Wait, the 2015 Infiltrator's design is pretty good, the price is what makes the set bad, or am I completly wrong here?

Wait, the 2015 Infiltrator's design is pretty good, the price is what makes the set bad, or am I completly wrong here?

The price is a large part of it, yes. But the thing I dislike the most is the way the entire nose section is designed - curved slopes stacked on top of each other haphazardly does not make for an accurate or visually appealing Infiltrator. The angled plate method used in the previous set was far more accurate and appealing to me, personally. Also, I definitely prefer the interior of the ship, the build of the Bloodfin, as well as all of the minifigs from the previous version.

I love the latest Mos Eisley set purely because it is my favourite scene in the entire saga. Its not necessarily the best lego starwars set I have but its my favourite none the less!

I through that Palpatine's Shuttle, Darth Maul's head is ugly, and the Podracer bucket is a abomination.

This is until I saw this set. :sick:

[snip]

To be fair, ten-year-old me thought minifigs with LULs that you could control on sticks was an amazing idea, and the rest of the set isn't a terrible representation of the refinery while being a suitable base for duels.

The best set ever, in my opinion, is 10134 Y-wing Fighter. I don't know why, but I think 75025 Jedi Defender-class cruiser is an awfully ugly ship, so that one is the worst set, for me.

My favorite set is the Sandcrawler followed by the TFA Millennium Falcon. My least favorite set and the only set in my collection that I really dislike is the 2014 MTT.

Such a simple question, so hard to answer it.. :D

I think my favorite set is got to be 7133 Bounty Hunter Pursuit from 2002. It's a pretty accurate representation of the speeders included, very playable and a great display set too.

My least favorite set is probably the 75147 Star Scavenger. Yes, the minifigs are pretty cool but that's literally the only good thing about the set.

Personally I prefer the 2008 version To the latest version as the 2013 one in my opinion looks to be too short as if it's been squashed, making it look rather stubby. If you want something that although granted as some would say as being slightly oversized for minifigure scale but based on appearance alone looks the best in terms of proportions then buy the 2008 version. (My opinion)

This may help as it shows the two versions 2008 and 2013 side by side:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86486

Also:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7287/8736895881_1219405219_o.jpg

Edited by Ap11AP

2003, was nice, but like anyother set pre-2008 it is outdated. older building techniques can't compare to new model builds, what I like most about it though, is the posable legs. 2008 was my first large Star Wars set. I thought it was great, decent color scheme and finally had some new clone troopers to fill in the gap we've had since 2003. this set also had great play features. The hidden cannons on the side that fired, were very clever and made a great play feature. the interior also had a lot of room for extra troops.

The 2014 version, while much smaller and lacked some of the great play features of the 2008. was far more accurate to the actual vehicle itself.

If you like play features and interior space, then the 2008 one is better. But, if you like accuracy and looks, the 2014 takes the cake.

for me the better model is the 2008, ok it's overscaled, but it's really massive!.. and it could be attached to the LAAT dropship, if you own one :)

My 2008 AT-TE is currently dismantled since I've started adding PFmotor and receiver but originally it has some ENORMOUS gaps between the exterior hull and the "chassis"; they could be easily fixed and were present also on the 2014 model (just the Captain Rex AT-TE comes with already closed gaps, judging by the pictures)

That said, all the AT-TEs so far have those issues:

- NO copilot seat

- NO detailed interior (a couple of seats and stickers aren't enough for me)

- Gaps between the armour plates

- Gaps under the model

...but you may see them not as issues but as starting point for better mocs :)

If you're looking at the minifigure side of things I'd say the 2013 version definitely wins. You get Mace Windu and Coleman Trebor (both of which are exclusive to that set) plus some clones and geonosis battle droids. The 2008 lineup is okay but a lot of those figures are very common and I'm not if your a fan of the CW eyes.

That said, all the AT-TEs so far have those issues:

- NO copilot seat

There is NO COPILOT seat in at-te walkers. Copilot is legends materijal and NOT cannon. Both clone wars and rebels debunked the myth about copilot.

In my opinion the 2008 one is better than the 2013. While the new one has more "details" the old one looks closer to the real model. The 2013 is just to stubby and almost looks round.On the original topic, the worst set after 2008 is probably the MHC. It doesn't look at all like it should and the minifigs are horrible, except for the older Ashoka.

Edited by mon-o-mat

On 7/30/2016 at 5:39 PM, ArmstrongYong said:

I through that Palpatine's Shuttle, Darth Maul's head is ugly, and the Podracer bucket is a abomination.

This is until I saw this set. :sick:

7257-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

Hahahahahahahahaha ikr lol :tongue: 

My favorite set? Um am I supposed to say UCS Falcon? Apart from that I love 75159 Death Star and the 2002 UCS Star Destroyer. 

Least favorite set? No brainer, it's the dreaded Assault on Hoth. I thought it was so-so..... until I read the reviews and saw the back of the ion cannon :sick:  aaaaaaaand the price! :sick: aaaaaand the inaccuracies! :sick: aaaaaaaaaand when you buy a UCS, you want one big model, which I find 75159 and Ewok Village accomplish.

I feel sick now lol :sick::sick::sick:

Oh yay I'm a vassal now :D

Edited by VaderFan2187
Edit reason: just discovered I'm a vassal!

Currently, I think my favourite would have to be Krennic's IMperial Shuttle. Great figures, very sturdy, very sleek and a nice interior (though it is a little makeshift). The Rogue Shadow from 2008 and the 2010 Slave 1 come close, though. I've always liked the old Cloud City set, too.

My least favourite might have to be the first ever A-Wing. I mean, they tried their best with what they had, but it looks hideous.