wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

It still makes no sense for me why TLC made a compass on a square 1x1 tile, when they could do it like that :p

Anyway, I expect to find the ring in every set just as that stupid compass wich I got now 10 times or so (as in every set, you got 2 of them) :laugh:

Oh - I thought the former was obvious. The reason a square tile was used was because the compass never left its square box. At least that's what I always assumed...every time you see the compass in the movies, it's always in its little box.

If they were to print it, I would imagine it would be on a clear flat round 1x1 tile.

Hmmmm, true. But the sides would look so bare. :thumbdown:

I really hope lego pulls it out of the hat and produces a mold :cry_happy:

Edited by TheDoctor

IF it is a printled round tile I'd porefer a golden tile with a black circle printed on it to look like a hole.

lddscreenshot11.png

^missing the gladiator sword. I think msot legoswords look too large, I like the cutlass length, looks most natural.

In my opinion large swords are great, give more options for a larger variety of styles and greater detail, there is only so much you can do at a small scale

I really don't see why a Chinese mold for the ring is that unrealistic, provided how central it is to the story. I'd think the size could make it a little fragile and not rigid enough though. Using a printed clear round 1x1 tile could also be good, especially if the sides of the tiles are printed, and this would take care for the rigidity problem of a tiny ring.

At least I won't be let down like with the compass tile, which was so inferior to the old compass piece.

Including the Frodo hair. I see what you mean, but for the main focus of the theme, I think that a new mold is a necessity. Jack Sparrow's compass wasn't the main focus of the movies now was it? Thus, there really wasn't a need for a new mold. Also, the compass is usually in a square case anyway, so the new circle tile piece wasn't necessary. I really think that the new mold fo the Ring seen in the poster will be released, though, since there has been so much hype about it. Whatever the answer is, Toyfair will show/tell us. :wink:

That's....exactly what I've been saying. :laugh: I'm just saying that 'because it's CGI' isn't a great reason, though I think you may have just stated it too broadly.

Maybe its been brought up before but it took me longer to find one than expected. The clickits have a ring that yes it is out of scale but does fit over a minifig hand.

Sorry if its been posted but i have only read about 50 of the pages of this thread.

Maybe its been brought up before but it took me longer to find one than expected. The clickits have a ring that yes it is out of scale but does fit over a minifig hand.

Sorry if its been posted but i have only read about 50 of the pages of this thread.

I have only read about 80 of the pages and this is the first time I've read about it, so thanks.

I beg pardon but...

I was following this topic in its very beginning, then I read about 30 pages of posts and I didn't find that so I ask again:

Am I wrong or there was an article pointing the possibility of Collectible Minifigures even for Lord of the Rings? Am I wrong? Because I am sure I read it somewhere, but I can't find now where.

Thanks for replying.

I beg pardon but...

I was following this topic in its very beginning, then I read about 30 pages of posts and I didn't find that so I ask again:

Am I wrong or there was an article pointing the possibility of Collectible Minifigures even for Lord of the Rings? Am I wrong? Because I am sure I read it somewhere, but I can't find now where.

Thanks for replying.

It was the wording of the original press release.

Information about the sets and collectible minifigures from both collections will be unveiled at a later date at TheLordoftheRings.LEGO.com.

Some people thought the "both collections" referred to the Sets and "collectible minifigures". Most of us agree now that it refers to LOTR and The Hobbit. Someone also pointed out that Lego itself doesn't refer to the collectible figs as "collectible minfigures" but just as the Minifigure Series.

Some people thought the "both collections" referred to the Sets and "collectible minifigures". Most of us agree now that it refers to LOTR and The Hobbit. Someone also pointed out that Lego itself doesn't refer to the collectible figs as "collectible minfigures" but just as the Minifigure Series.

So actually after all the article was talking about informations on how the figs in the box would look like? No "bag" minifigures like CM or Ninjago?

Too bad, really, they would have sold TONS of that, IMHO.

In my opinion large swords are great, give more options for a larger variety of styles and greater detail, there is only so much you can do at a small scale

The heroica sword is small and is one of the most detailed swords.

Too bad, really, they would have sold TONS of that, IMHO.

And that's exactly the problem :wink: Minifig collectors (or other minifig obsessed people :laugh: ) wouldn't buy huge sets just to get the minifigs they desire if those were available as collectible minifigs. Of course it would kind of make sense to release certain characters in CM form as they're hard to put in regular sets (e.g. Galadriel or Sauron), but that hasn't stopped TLG from doing that sort of move anyway (just look at Star Wars, they constantly throw figs in sets that don't belong there by any means).

Edited by Lego-Freak

I agree with your points, Lego-Freak. From a marketing standpoint, it doesn't make a lot of sense not to include desirable minifigures in expensive sets. Often times that's their biggest selling point.

That said, I think there's a lot of potential for Lego to release army-builder type minifigs in a CM line (e.g., orcs, Rohan soldiers, etc.).

How come the new LEGOlas poster has not been frontpaged yet?

Cue discussion on the possibility of a new quiver mold that can somehow hold a bow in the right position? *huh*

Awesome! Looks like a new sword mold, indeed. I'm not as impressed with the facial likeness on Legolas as Aragorn, but he still looks good.

Is that genuine? It's in a different style to Frodo and Aragorn.

Looks genuine to me, the variation in style matches up with the slight variation in style between the original film poster images they're copying.

Neat picture. I like seeing longer hair with the elf ears (even if it is fleshie).

I can't wait to see more!

This figure looks great as well.

I think the cheek lines are used here because he's an elf, and TLC did that earlier on their first elf minifig.

It resembles him well enough in my opinion, and I hope he has a reversible head as well. Same hope goes for most (if not all) other figures.

I just hope that it's not the last poster now that they have done 3 for each movie. Perhaps they'll start doing The Hobbit posters sometime later?

Is that sword not just the S5 Gladiator sword?

Yup, it is. Looks like it has two colors.

I believe that the point is that he either used two swords at once, or only one, which looked different from the other two.

I'm just not sure why he's not using the armored outfit like on the real poster:

posters-terbr-1706s.gifl.gif

~ General Magma

Awesome! Looks like a new sword mold, indeed. I'm not as impressed with the facial likeness on Legolas as Aragorn, but he still looks good.

gladiator/viking lady sword

Looking forward to seeing him without the turtle-neck(the quiver neck thing) x] it makes him look fat, also the current quicver piece doesent go over the neck

I'm just not sure why he's not using the armored outfit like on the real poster:

Aragorn isnt wearing hes "right" outfir for hes poster either- but it's how they will look as a minifigure so they didnt make an armor print that wont be released.

I understand they tried to make him mroe elfish by brinting the eyes much higher than normal up on the head, but it makes him look abit wrong, he has no forhead! :hmpf_bad:

Edited by deskp