Nuju Metru

LOTR Project: The Two Towers

To echo what's been said. Edoras thus far is my favorite. Id buy it for sure.

That is absolutely fabulous! You should be hired as a designer by LEGO. Those look like legitimate Lego sets!

I love the new Edoras! The minifigs are great, but I'm not sure that using Snape's face was the best move. Sure, he looks unpleasant, but the most creepy part about Wormtounge is that he has no eyebrows. None. The build is great, though!

These are all great! Edoras is the best so far. The function in the Dead Marshes is very clever and affective. My only problem with that set would be the water seems too bright for some reason. If it had a more murky, greenish look, it might be better. But still, it looks awesome!

The Treebeard is fantastic! You've done a really good job here!

Edoras has been captured perfectly. It is instantly recognizable, and the minifig selection is good.

Any idea when we may see more sets?

Do you plan to make building instructions for these? I would pay you to do it ;)

Depends on how much you pay me. :tongue: I had not planned to make instructions, but if there's a high enough demand, it's a possibility, certainly for the smaller models.

Any idea when we may see more sets?

Well, I'm working on the next one right now, but I'm also half-concentrating on some larger stuff for Return of the King... Hopefully within a few weeks, as soon as possible really.

Thanks all for the feedback! And, general question for all y'all: should I try my hand at some kind of Helm's Deep set? It hadn't been in my plans ever since TLG did such a great job with it, but...

Depends on how much you pay me. :tongue: I had not planned to make instructions, but if there's a high enough demand, it's a possibility, certainly for the smaller models.

Well, I'm working on the next one right now, but I'm also half-concentrating on some larger stuff for Return of the King... Hopefully within a few weeks, as soon as possible really.

Thanks all for the feedback! And, general question for all y'all: should I try my hand at some kind of Helm's Deep set? It hadn't been in my plans ever since TLG did such a great job with it, but...

I'd be happy to see instructions for Edoras so I can see what bricks I'd need to copy it. :)

As for Helm's Deep, I'd normally suggest to focus on original ideas. However, given how much your sets resemble official sets, I'd be happy to see a "complete" Helm's Deep (e.g. with the keep).

The minifigs in the Edoras set are truly brilliant. Fantastic work! :thumbup:

The style of these sets is totally something TLG could make themselves. Edoras really is fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more of these.

That Meduseld! Outstanding craftsmanship here and very akin to TLC's official style. In fact that set looks completely feasible and store-shelf-ready as you presented it. That idea of combining several little modules and scenes into one bigger building is fantastic and earlier playsets would have benefitted from that (*cough* the bulky strip that is Cloud City *cough*).

Not entirely sold on Treebeard. While the hobbitsezzz look good, TB's face needs a little more character to it. I couldn't make out his eyes at first!

That little marshes set is nice! A good selection of parts and a believable TLC style play feature. Although perhaps you should have it the other way round: Not a mechanism for a dead guy to pop up, but one to make Frodo plunge into the "water" and fall onto the dead guy (who'd menacingly stretch out his bony hands for him, muharhar!). Perhaps replacing the skeleton with an actual dead elf, perhaps one with a double printed head (eyes closed / white eyes staring), would strengthen the appeal of that set. The overall style should be kept!

Be well!

Cutty

loving it! the edoras and TB are absolutely brilliant!

These have to be the most "Lego authentic"(A moc designed like a lego set would) mocs I have ever seen! The church reminds me of the mill village raid, except better, and treebeard is like the crystal king, but less chunky and more smooth and organic. Your gollum is also possibly the creepiest nonofficial one yet, and the use of a skeleton is ingenious!

Keep up the good work, and I hope lego adopts your ideas.

If you'd put up Edoras on Cuusoo, you'd have a lot of support for sure!

That Meduseld! Outstanding craftsmanship here and very akin to TLC's official style. In fact that set looks completely feasible and store-shelf-ready as you presented it. That idea of combining several little modules and scenes into one bigger building is fantastic and earlier playsets would have benefitted from that (*cough* the bulky strip that is Cloud City *cough*).

Not entirely sold on Treebeard. While the hobbitsezzz look good, TB's face needs a little more character to it. I couldn't make out his eyes at first!

That little marshes set is nice! A good selection of parts and a believable TLC style play feature. Although perhaps you should have it the other way round: Not a mechanism for a dead guy to pop up, but one to make Frodo plunge into the "water" and fall onto the dead guy (who'd menacingly stretch out his bony hands for him, muharhar!). Perhaps replacing the skeleton with an actual dead elf, perhaps one with a double printed head (eyes closed / white eyes staring), would strengthen the appeal of that set. The overall style should be kept!

Be well!

Cutty

Yeah, I try to make my big sets modular whenever possible - not only does it make them easier for me to store and build, but it's also more realistic of LEGO.

As for Treebeard, it was difficult to make a somewhat-believable face at such small scale. His eyes used to be in a brighter trans-yellow, but I changed them to the orange/amber color for the sake of movie accuracy. It made them harder to see, but I found the color to be better-looking anyway.

Indeed, that would've been more movie accurate if Frodo had fallen in. However, it would've required a far greater depth of that particular pool to make such a mechanism work, and this being a small set, I tried to make the mechanism as close to the ground as possible. As for the elf - I originally planned to have a minifigure popping up out of the marsh, but it unfortunately didn't fit, arms and all. The floppy-armed skellie was far easier to work with for the mechanism's sake. Plus, including a fourth full figure in a small price-point set would've been, unfortunately, unrealistic.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! The fifth set of this film is in the works right now.

Edoras is really amazing. The entrance figures really good to the actual movie scene and those figures you made are just amazing. Great use on the facial expression and combination of hair and torso parts.

The Treebeard is even better. Sort of simple but exactly as he appears in the movie. You chose the torsos for Merry and Pippin very well again.

I do not like the swamp. At the movie (and in general) swamps are not that colourful... There would be a nice thing to use darker colours and just minifig heads being visible through a trans plate or such. The flames are ok, but too many IMO.

Thank you for sharing!

-Aredhel

Love these! :wub: The best one is obviously Edoras, but I do love the Treebeard too. :wub:

Edoras is really amazing. The entrance figures really good to the actual movie scene and those figures you made are just amazing. Great use on the facial expression and combination of hair and torso parts.

The Treebeard is even better. Sort of simple but exactly as he appears in the movie. You chose the torsos for Merry and Pippin very well again.

I do not like the swamp. At the movie (and in general) swamps are not that colourful... There would be a nice thing to use darker colours and just minifig heads being visible through a trans plate or such. The flames are ok, but too many IMO.

Thank you for sharing!

-Aredhel

Well, the torsos I used on my figures were custom-printed, not made by LEGO. I designed and applied the decals, because TLG didn't have anything that suited my desired degree of accuracy. It's a huge compliment though that you mistook them for actual LEGO torsos!

Addressing the swamp bit - indeed, in real life swamps aren't so colorful. However, TLG usually makes things more colorful in set form than they are in real life/movie version in order to make such products more visually magnetic and interesting. In the LOTR movies, many of the locations on the screen are basically greywashed - the dead marshes being one of those locations - and as such I found it necessary to give my set incarnation more of a color scheme. The flames were part of that goal, as well as the execution of my desire to introduce and uphold a certain sense of unity through motifs.

Aaron, make Faramir. Now. :P

-Omi

He's coming, he's coming... Just you wait.

You have the most important thing a set designer should have; your creations are simple yet beautiful.

I really hope you get a job in TLG in future.

Hi, you might already be doing this but could you make Osgilaith with Faramir and a fellbeast and will you use official figs now?