Sign in to follow this  
ReZourceman

Foolish LEGO Human Errors You've Made.

Well a mistake I made (cause of my own stupidity at times) was to actually sleep for an entire night on Legos. I used to play with Legos in bed, especially the big space base with the Space shuttle :) and one night I played as if a disaster had happened and everything was destroyed. Lego Bricks everywhere and it was already 1 AM so I didn't feel like cleaning it up. So I shoved it all to a side and tried to avoid it 'till the next morning. Unfortunately for me I have the tendency to move around in my sleep. I woke up with my back on the bricks and when I looked in the mirror I had countless little brick shaped indentations in my skin :-D :-D Yep that was one painful, restless night. :-P

Furthermore I've stepped on a lot of bricks. Of course barefoot since I dislike shoes so much I always take them off. Very painful indeed. *sweet* *sweet*

And as the last mistake I made was trying to seperate bricks with my nails. I will never forget the pain I had to endure for nothing. :'-( Teeth marks, broken nails and for what?

Come to think of it, TLC really designed their toys to hurt customers, didn't they? Lego bricks are the toughest toys I know. Literally. :-D I mean you could use it as a torture technique

Edited by Hairy Ruben

Well a mistake I made (cause of my own stupidity at times) was to actually sleep for an entire night on Legos. I used to play with Legos in bed, especially the big space base with the Space shuttle :) and one night I played as if a disaster had happened and everything was destroyed. Lego Bricks everywhere and it was already 1 AM so I didn't feel like cleaning it up. So I shoved it all to a side and tried to avoid it 'till the next morning. Unfortunately for me I have the tendency to move around in my sleep. I woke up with my back on the bricks and when I looked in the mirror I had countless little brick shaped indentations in my skin :-D :-D Yep that was one painful, restless night. :-P

Furthermore I've stepped on a lot of bricks. Of course barefoot since I dislike shoes so much I always take them off. Very painful indeed. *sweet* *sweet*

You forgot the most important part ... were the bricks ok? ;-)

imperialshadows

"You forgot the most important part ... were the bricks ok?"

Let's say they were in a better condition than I was.

Another lesson I learned is that pets and Lego do not mix. I have four cats and a German Shepherd. The dog we have now doesn't do anything but one of the other ones we had tried to chew on all the Lego bricks, and one of the cats plays with them. Either way, I now have some chewed up Legoredo fortress rifles and for a mysterious reason, (the cat who plays with it in the night) I find lego bricks on the kitchen floor :-| :-||

Edited by Hairy Ruben

Many years ago, when I was less experienced with LEGO, I once spent quite some time looking for a 1x5 brick...

Thinking it's safe building Lego in the garden on a hot, sunny, summer's evening (well, warmish, less cloudy, summer evening in the UK) and then adding the combination of my landlord's inferiority complexed miniature Schnowzer and the neighbour's kamikaze cat - ever tried to find a black 1x1 in the middle of a lawn?

Trust me, we all know. Everyone's done that.

And as the last mistake I made was trying to seperate bricks with my nails. I will never forget the pain I had to endure for nothing. :'-( Teeth marks, broken nails and for what?

The other one is if the brick slips under your nail (somehow), and manages to cut you. Ouch...

Come to think of it, TLC really designed their toys to hurt customers, didn't they? Lego bricks are the toughest toys I know. Literally. :-D I mean you could use it as a torture technique

Actually, I'd imagine Sticklebricks hurt quite a lot.

51X3H9J2FHL._AA280_.jpg

Yes, that was the best picture I could find...

Edited by Brainbox

Soldering at the table i have my Lego and accidently dropping it causing 2 yellow 8x4 plates to become slightly "modded". *sing*

Oh and how about planning to buy the revvin riders on the sole though that the soundbrick would be so cool. Luckly the box in the store had a try me button. :-/

I did pick up a catalog though, didn't have one for this year. :-)

when you finally build a lego house and you have to put one tiny piece in and it wont fit then you you get frustrated and throw your creation on the floor :'-( :'-(

Ok. My worst deal ever was:

Background first: I am a disabled person, and I have a bit of a lack of strength in muscules in general, and hands particulary on this case, so I use a small (and weak, but enough) rubber hammer to help me put the pieces well together (when I can, I ask my parents to put the pieces together, but this is not always possible), and not make sets colapse or whatever.

For the actual thingy : I've tried multiple times to use the hammer to properly attach antennas to bricks (don't ask me why but antenna's base are hard to fit in the studs=, and always always (plain dumb) i got them badly bended at the end. Nothing a bit of strength applied doesn't fix alright (not perfect), but still ...

Cheers

When I was very small, I could never, EVER put lego skeletons together. Why? I have no clue, I guess I was just dumb! :-D

(Don't worry, I can put the skeletons together now X-D )

When I was very small, I could never, EVER put lego skeletons together. Why? I have no clue, I guess I was just dumb! :-D

(Don't worry, I can put the skeletons together now X-D )

about skeletons, I used to think that when a person died, he immediatly became a skeleton...

It actually feels good walking barefoot on a baseplate... (like lying on those beds with iron nails...)

stupid is... pressing lego bricks so hard you cant move your thumbs anymore.

TT

inviting someone in your room after slaving for 3 hours on a moc you left on the floor

(it was the ONLY thing on the floor too :'-( :'-( )

letting your sister in with out hiding your at-at(i never fixed it :'-( )

jifel

Edited by jifel

stupid is... pressing lego bricks so hard you cant move your thumbs anymore.

That's happened to me before, but I wouldn't necessarily call it an error.

You know it's been a good day if you can't move your thumbs anymore! X-D

Here's another one.

Do NOT set your fragile Lego dock (with all the fragile Lego ships) on the floor where you think it is safe. That is an illusion. There is nowhere safe on the floor. I realised that when my cousin's dog chased my sister's cat up a window- directly through the lego dock. The dock, along with Jabba's sail barge, the Black Seas Barracuda, numerous MOC ships, and that-white-imperial-ship-whose-name-I-forgot were either smashed, bashed, squashed, or utterly deatomized. The dock was gone. So, I just started from scratch. Now, luckily, my dock is better than ever. Unfortunatley, it took a good three weeks to completely fix the rest of the ships. The BSB has a huge gash in the galley, along with knocked out masts and other minor problems. I had to completely reassemble the entire stern. :'-( I'm glad to say, though, that my fleet has made an excellent recovery. I'm just glad the cat didn't hide underneath the table.

Moral of the story: keep your lego in a very, very safe place. Preferably in a room with a solid metal door and no windows.

Surely if it had no windows, the cat would have ran around your room some more, desecrating most of your other creations! :-D

Letting your brother in your room. Years and years ago, I let my brother in my room; he tripped over and landed on ALL my classic castle (castle as it was known in those days) sets. Moral: Don't group sets of one genre together.

It actually feels good walking barefoot on a baseplate... (like lying on those beds with iron nails...)

You know, I think I know what you mean. Walking on bricks is tough though.

letting your sister in with out hiding your at-at(i never fixed it :'-( )

You know, you've just rminded me of something. I used to have my AT-AT on a cabinet-thing next to my door. It didn't stick out, it was obvious where it was, and there was no way you could walk into it when you came into my room. Then, one day, my mum decided to bring some newly ironed clothes into my room, even though she normally hangs them on my door. She somehow managed to cach the AT-AT, and... well, you can guess what happened. People are no longer allowed in my room when I'm not there.

Another one was not realising that my dad had rested his beer glass on a baseplate. It was a nice blue one as well. It took ages to clean off the sticky mess. :-X