WhiteFang

Help with identifying parts/sets!

Hi,

I'm currently trying to rebuild sets from our big box of Legos. I found a tile that I cannot identify.

The pic is here : http://imgur.com/KFwnCz6

post-14459-0-23878200-1372431567_thumb.jpg

It's probably this one : 3068bp93 : Tile 2 x 2 with 3 Black Dots Pattern, but peeron.com doesn't have a set where it would be included.

Is there a better source to try to get that info?

Thanks

JFG

That was a sticker if I remember my Town Home set correctly. It appears someone may have placed the sticker on a blue tile. Is it a sticker or is it printed?

Are you sure that it’s not a clear sticker on a blue tile?

I know that some sets like 6365 or 6372 have a sticker with that print.

Thanks for the help!

It is a sticker, and I had not thought that it could be on a different tile.

It must come from the 6372-1: Town House, because we have a big green plate like the one from this set.

JF

*Mods, I searched for a similar thread, but could not locate one, if there is in fact one, please merge this with it.*

I am currently bricklinking the Cafe Corner, Green Grocer and Market Street. I am about 95% done with 128 pieces left to go. So my question is, and the reason for this thread is to ask what the difference is between a few parts that I have left.

Window 2 x 4 x 3 Frame (4132) and Window 2 x 4 x 3 Frame - Hollow Studs (60598)

Besides the major price difference, what differences are there, if any? From what I can tell, it's the exact some thing?

Thank you in advance!

Also, I know I will need to get different pane's for the 60598 version as the 4133 pane is meant for the 4132 window.

There are a lot of substitutions that can be made with some of those pieces. The big difference is the mold was changed after it was produced for that set, so hard to find pieces become more valuable. If you were trying to sell, it is probably best to keep it original unless you disclose that some pieces were switched. If it is for your viewing pleasure, I'd go for the cheaper alternative.

I do not plan to sell the model, at this point I am looking to finish it after buying parts for the last 4 months, I am getting a bit anxious!

Thank you for the info about it, I will do what you suggested.

I bought a minifigure utensil magic wand 6124.gif(6124) in chrome silver. I don't see it listed on bricklink. Can anyone tell me what set it comes from? thank you!

Well, if it's not listed, it probably never was produced for a set.

Often these items were made for Legoland's designers and somehow - :innocent: - they found their way to Bricklink.

Hi,

I am trying to find out whether or not this item, 30357, exists in lime green or not? Does anybody know, if so, where can I buy it, cause it seems that the online PAB store does not have it...

Thanks!

Edited by datune

I'm afraid not. I could imagine it appearing though; Lime seems to be getting a bit of an appearance in SW recently (i.e. 75021 and 75024) and part 30357 would well be required at some point.

Hmm, what a huge dissapointment, this completely destroys any and all plans I had for a project...

I read your blog, very nice! Since you seem to know your way around, do you know how I could find out in which colors said part is available?

CLICK ME!

That link will take you to a page on Bricklink.com that shows every colour that part is available in.

Hope that helps.

Hmm, what a huge dissapointment, this completely destroys any and all plans I had for a project...

I read your blog, very nice! Since you seem to know your way around, do you know how I could find out in which colors said part is available?

Thanks datune! In addition to the Bricklink example charlieboy gave, it is always worth looking on Brickset's new parts database as well, as the two are a little different.

Bricklink only add and confirm inventories (and any new elements in them) once a set is actually available.

Brickset pull the data straight from TLG's replacement parts database; the upside here is that often elements are listed earlier than Bricklink. The downside is that TLG do not list ALL elements in their replacement parts database - I've never heard a reason given, nor understand why some parts are not added.

So you might find some elements on Brickset not yet on Bricklink. But other elements might never get listed on Brickset. There are further complications... such as the naming differences, changes to element IDs that TLG implement which Bricklink might not... too many caveats to explain... this is one of the reasons I decided to start the blog!

A Brickset example for the part you listed - http://www.brickset.com/parts/search/?query=30357

If hunting a part or element on Brickset you'll find it easiest to use the search box top right, as TLG's naming system takes a lot of getting used to.

Brickset/TLG is worthless for hunting down parts that don't exist in a particular colour. Bricklink is great for that :wink: (And maybe Ebay but I don't use that site for LEGO)

I've recently bought two 6108 arches in yellow, just what I needed to complete my classic Black Falcon Castle MOC .. they do not come in any set, but I managed to find two on BL cheaply ('bout a euro and a half) .. None have ever been for sale before, none are for sale now (You can check BL and see two were sold in March - to me :laugh: )

I do wonder where they came from though as I've bought many parts that seemingly don't exist in a particular colour but there always seem to quite a few available anywway .. Like, I bought a bunch of 6081 in green from studsontop.com but they had plenty for sale as well. I guess they come from the stock Legoland builders use?

Just because a part isn't available in a set that doesn't mean you cannout buy/find it :wink:

Happy hunting :classic:

Bricklink only add and confirm inventories (and any new elements in them) once a set is actually available.

Bricklink don't add anything, users do. Once a part in the database, like the old 30357 (available since 1999), users are free to sell them in any colour as long as they actually have it in stock. BL trumps BS :thumbup:

ONLY if you're looking for a new part that has not yet been BL inventoried (which is just a matter of weeks anyway), then mayby, just maybe you can find it on ebay in a non officical colour.. but I really doubt that

Parts that come in 'wrong' colour are mostly parts that have been around for quite a while (testmolds are a whole 'nother subject) and primarily comes from what Legoland builders are using and/or people who call up TLG and order N x thousand of whatever (<-- last one is a guess, don't shoot me)

Does anybody happen to know from which set the following piece could be? I bought some used lego and am trying to rebuild as much as possible...Thanks a lot in advance!

Yes, it's the latest pirate fort 6242

Edit : Computer not included :wink:

6242-1.jpg

Edited by 1974

Thanks 1974! Today i found a part which I can't identify, since there is no ID anywhere, anybody perhaps knows what this part is for?

post-69465-0-55593700-1376049812_thumb.jpg