Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Huh? :wacko: Spiderman and Green Goblin have a lot to do with each other... I'm guessing you've never read a Spiderman comic, watched the old cartoon, or seen the movies.

I think he meant Doc Ock and Goblin.

The new magnet is now available at the US shop@home for $14.99 Link

Keep a classic super hero rivalry in your kitchen or locker!

Wham! Pow! Zap! Bring classic comic excitement to your home or office with 3 authentic LEGO® Super Heroes minifigures with accessories! Set includes Batman™, Robin and The Joker. Makes a great gift for LEGO Super Heroes fans!

•Features 3 authentic LEGO® Super Heroes minifigures: Batman™, Robin and The Joker, each on a 2x4 LEGO brick magnet

•Stick to most metal surfaces!

•Minifigures are not detachable from 2x4 LEGO bricks

•Makes a great gift for fans of LEGO Super Heroes building sets!

The image in spoiler is a resized version of this

853431-1.jpg

853431_alt1-2.png

Edited by Clone gunner comander jedi

Not detachable? Interesting.....

I've never purchased the magnets, so enlighten me on the matter: can you separate the legs from the torso or the head from the torso? Or is it glued like a keychain?

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

My guess would be to cut the leg just above the feet and then detache one leg at a time.

I've never purchased the magnets, so enlighten me on the matter: can you separate the legs from the torso or the head from the torso? Or is it glued like a keychain?

The hat, head, cape and all accesories are detatchable, but the torso and legs are fused together, and the very plastic of the legs and magnets is fused together.

There are ways around this though, one person posted a way to seperate them using only hot water. Here 'tis.

Edited by MyHobby

You just need to put them in hot water. I've never done it, but here's the link.

EDIT: Too Slow!

Edited by autobrick

Thank you, gentlemen! ) :classic:

I sure need to try that. More out of interest, though.

Aargh why is the lego shop not selling this in Holland online! Any US brickers wanna help me out?

Edited by Cobb

That hot water method for removing minifigs from magnets looks interesting, if I don't end up getting the Quinjet I might have to hope there is a Black Widow magnet set. :tongue:

Damn, I want all the Avengers! The more I watch the trailer the more I want them! :laugh:

I hope we see more sets based off the comics in the next few years, but it's early days and that.

Yeah they started to permanantly attach the figs on the magnets for like a year.

-Omi

Depends on what you can make a set out of and if it would be too much character repetition. Certainly would want new versions/variations of the figs from this year. Thor would need his helmet, iron man could be like the exclusive toy fair ones.

Same problem for DC need a new variant of Bat costume and still a wealth of well known villains to be made, superman is unfortunate as he always looks the same. But many other DC and Marvel characters to choose from.

I'm most interested just now to see if there will be a preorder bonus with the new Lego Batman game

Yeah, I think they have plenty of material to work with and it is a multi-year license I recall from the press release, a large Superman set has been rumored for next year. I just hope TLG can get the movie rights to make sets from Iron Man 3 and other Marvel Studios films.

853431-1.jpg

Why does Batman have a regular cape? :wacko:

Can we get back on the discussion of the Nick Fury please?

While I agree that the discussion about removing figs from magnets doesn't belong here, I think we beat that discussion to death. We'll just have to wait and see where he pops up.

The new magnet is now available at the US shop@home for $14.99 Link

853431-1.jpg

Not sure if I'm going to be happy with these magnet sets as I bought the Batwing set just to get the Batman and Joker figs. :hmpf_bad: Is it too soon to release these figs as magnets? But I'll still probably pick this up just to get Robin.

Can we get back on the discussion of the Nick Fury please?

What do you propose we talk about? We've talked it to death thus far. He's not in the Helicarrier set like we thought he might be. Now we have to keep our fingers crossed he's in the Spidey set.

Who cares where Nick Fury is?? This theme is just fine without him and I'm sure there are plenty of comic book fans that would happily see dozens more characters in LEGO form before him.

Does anyone know when we might start hearing more about the next waves?

Who cares where Nick Fury is?? This theme is just fine without him and I'm sure there are plenty of comic book fans that would happily see dozens more characters in LEGO form before him.

Does anyone know when we might start hearing more about the next waves?

I'm quite sure Nick Fury will be in the Marvel Superheroes Civilian figure set with Bruce Banner, Steve Rogers, Tony Stark and Peter Parker :tongue:

I hope he will appear as a surprise as the character is very prominent in the posters etc but remember lego still hasn't produced a James Gordon, a character similar to Fury in some ways.

No idea about the next waves but got to be six months away unless there are TDKR summer sets.

I think it's because Fury was one of the characters mentioned in Lego's press release.

Is it too soon to release these figs as magnets? But I'll still probably pick this up just to get Robin.

I think the timing is right for these magnet sets. They should be released when the actual sets with these figures are in stores, unlike the "new" Star Wars magnet sets.

I noticed that Batman's cape is missing too. I thinks it's weird how they remembered Robin's though! :laugh:

It's not missing, it's just the wrong kind of cape. And yes, if anyone should have that cape, it's Robin. If I were to get these, I would switch their capes.

Not sure if I'm going to be happy with these magnet sets as I bought the Batwing set just to get the Batman and Joker figs. :hmpf_bad: Is it too soon to release these figs as magnets?

I don't think so. The timing is just right as the sets have been in stores for a while and the DC wave is still going to be active for a little while. And I guess since they're glued, TLG doesn't expect people to choose these over the sets.

Like JurassicBrick said, TLG promised us a Nick Fury fig, so where the heck is he! :tongue: After all, he is the one who creates the Avengers.

Like JurassicBrick said, TLG promised us a Nick Fury fig, so where the heck is he! :tongue: After all, he is the one who creates the Avengers.

He's also going to be prominent in the Spider-Man show, it seems. With that in mind, it's not totally unlikely that he will be in the Spidey set.

He's also going to be prominent in the Spider-Man show, it seems. With that in mind, it's not totally unlikely that he will be in the Spidey set.

So does this mean Spider-man will in the end become part of The Avengers ? :look:

But isn't the Spider-man set from the comic books and not any movie/TV series ? :look:

So does this mean Spider-man will in the end become part of The Avengers ? :look:

But isn't the Spider-man set from the comic books and not any movie/TV series ? :look:

Spidey is a member of the New Avengers only, so yes he's an Avenger. I believe Sam Jackson with an eyepatch's Nick Fury appears in the new Ultimate Universe Spidey comic series!

Edited by Neville longbottem

In the comics, I believe he has been with the Avengers before. I don't think that he'll ever be in an Avengers movie, though, unless Marvel can buy the movie rights back from Sony. But anything and everything happens in the comics and is fair game for the license with LEGO.

Plus once you own the figs, you can make your own super hero teams including DC and Marvel team-ups. :sweet: