I'm not going to lie to you, I'm not much a ship builder. But you think 500$ could get me the pieces to build those? Cause I need a Pirate Ship and a NAVY ship.

I just don't think I'll be able to create one that good.

How do I contact these builders anyway?

-TD

If they still exist (i.e. if the builder did not disassemble them), it might be hard to get them, providing you can find a way to contact the builders.

If you are looking for ready made ships, I suggest you go to eBay or bricklink.com and search for the following ships:

6250 Cross Bone Clipper (small pirate ship)

6268 Renegade Runner (another small pirate ship, bigger than 6250)

6271 Aramda Flagship (navy ship with small hulls)

6274 Caribbean Clipper (a navy ship)

6285 Black Seas Barracuda (first really big pirate ship)

6286 Skulls Eye Schooner (largest original Lego pirate ship ever made)

6289 Red Beard Runner (last pirate ship)

6290 Pirate Battle Ship (remake of 6289)

10040 Black Seas Barracuda (remake of 6285)

Lego does not currently have a pirate line and those ships mentioned are older official Lego ships made between 1989 and 1997 except for the remakes which were made around 2001. Each ship has its own set of instructions which are usually part of the set. If not, you can find them at the following website:

http://www.hccamsterdam.nl/brickfactory/setlist/index.htm

All you need to do is search for the numbers as mentioned above and you will get perfectly understandable instructions for official Lego released pirate sets. And with some extra pieces, it is quite easy to modify or expand the original models into ships that have that little bit extra.

Edited by jamtf

If they still exist (i.e. if the builder did not disassemble them), it might be hard to get them, providing you can find a way to contact the builders.

If you are looking for ready made ships, I suggest you go to eBay or bricklink.com and search for the following ships:

6250 Cross Bone Clipper (small pirate ship)

6268 Renegade Runner (another small pirate ship, bigger than 6250)

6271 Armada Flagship (navy ship with small hulls)

6274 Caribbean Clipper (a navy ship)

6285 Black Seas Barracuda (first really big pirate ship)

6286 Skulls Eye Schooner (largest original Lego pirate ship ever made)

6289 Red Beard Runner (last pirate ship)

6290 Pirate Battle Ship (remake of 6289)

10040 Black Seas Barracuda (remake of 6285)

Lego does not currently have a pirate line and those ships mentioned are older official Lego ships made between 1989 and 1997 except for the remakes which were made around 2001. Each ship has its own set of instructions which are usually part of the set. If not, you can find them at the following website:

http://www.hccamsterdam.nl/brickfactory/setlist/index.htm

All you need to do is search for the numbers as mentioned above and you will get perfectly understandable instructions for official Lego released pirate sets. And with some extra pieces, it is quite easy to modify or expand the original models into ships that have that little bit extra.

Yes, I know of all those. But do you think I could just buy A lot of Red Beard Runners (3-4) and make those a Big A pirate ship? The only problem is Armada Ships. I don't know, how would I make a big one of those? I know how to make one of those look nice, but the pieces would be hard to get, no?

Thanks,

-TD

Of course it would be hard to get, building something like that would be extremely expensive, that's why not everyone can do something like that.

As for building, you can't just build big, you can't just buy 4 of those ships and expect to make something as good. There's no substitute for practice. Buy one set, and modify it. Then buy a second set, and try to make something a little bigger. And make sure that your quality goes up! You can build a million large sets that all look bad if you don't practice, but wouldn't you rather build something really nice like in those pictures?

Buy a set, and take it slow. And also make sure to post your MOCs here!

This may sound harsh so don't take it the wrong way.

If you aren't interested in trying to build your own, why are you interested in lego? The whole idea of lego is being able to say "I built that".

I see several problems with your idea of trying to purchase those 2 ships.

1. Price- there are hours of work in those things, not to mention the actual parts. The Sirius has 46 cannons. Thats probably $250 worth alone. Then factor in postage.

2. The builders may not like the idea of giving up their models for someone else to take credit for. If you do a movie using them everyone will say "great movie, I like your MOcs etc etc"

3. A lot of builders recycle their ships for new projects. They may no longer exist.

4. Making instructions would take ages for the builder, then you would have to source all the parts, which could take a while as well. You seem as though you'd rather something a little quicker. Models like these can be in the building stage for months, even years.

You may need to find a "lego artist" to construct one for you. Might cost you though.

Since this thread hasn't received any new posts in over a week I shall move it to the Imperial Trading Post for archiving.

a) Imperial Flagship- 79.99 USD

b) Caribbean Clipper- 69.99 USD

c) Black Seas Barracuda- 79.99 USD (No Instructions) 15.50 instructions on BL

d) Red Beard Runner- 59.99 USD

Which is the best deal in all of your opinion. I'm leaning towards BSB.

What condition is A, B and D in?

You'll really need to provide more information if you want an accurate answer.

Are these sets MISB? (I.e. never been opened)

Or have been they used?

If so, are they complete?

What condition are the pieces in?

Is the box included?

What condition is A, B and D in?

You'll really need to provide more information if you want an accurate answer.

Are these sets MISB? (I.e. never been opened)

Or have been they used?

If so, are they complete?

What condition are the pieces in?

Is the box included?

I agree, maybe some links to the auctions would help to....

But if you ask it from this information? I say get the Barracuda *sweet*

The BSB is a very good starter ship. Infact Its the only ship I got yet

Heres the instructions Master Robert was talking about: Click

Where are you getting these? I checked on BrickLink and there all around $169? Do you meen the Clone version?

Like Phes said we need more Info please *sweet*

Where are you getting these? I checked on BrickLink and there all around $169? Do you meen the Clone version?

.... that ship doesn't look too bad, sans bootleg minifigures. But since I'm more interested in making my own figs, can't complain since they're pirates. Well, they come with those damn modern age rifles instead of muskets. What's the catch?

I'd say the BSB then the RBR.

BSB comes with 8 figs and four cannons with those sweet brown wheels *sweet*

and the RBR comes with one less mid-secton and on less cannon (without brown wheels) and 6 figs (i think).

It's probably a normal price for an IFS, but i'd get the BSB before the IFS if they're the same price *y*

P

.... that ship doesn't look too bad, sans bootleg minifigures. But since I'm more interested in making my own figs, can't complain since they're pirates. Well, they come with those damn modern age rifles instead of muskets. What's the catch?

I got that set, its exactly the same and more the same when you moc it. I took bits of the crew such as the tris and put them on original lego torsos.

Well with the Muskets you gotta have something in the set to prove its not a Copyrighted set havent you? If it was muskets they might be sued for copying.

Edited by Joey Lock

I don't mean the clone version... It's the real thing, but missing pieces. I, however, want to make it into my first vessel and MOC. Thanks for the instructions and the links to the auctions are below. If any of you take them...

BSB

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...cTODAY.m238.lVI

IFS

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEGO-Pirates-Imperial-...7QQcmdZViewItem

and I can't find the others, they must have been bought already...

It's hard to say as the set is only 85% complete and the listing doesn't specify which pieces are missing. If you want to use the pieces for MOCing purposes then you probably don't need a box either. Large boxes can sometimes increase the value of sets by about $20.

I'd say this was a reasonable price for a complete Imperial Flagship, on the proviso:

a) You don't have one

b) You want to build it as an Imperial Flagship. If you wanted to MOC with it then I'd say it's too much just for pieces.

and I can't find the others, they must have been bought already...

They've all been bought now so that's the end of that!

Yep.BSB is a winner. Google Frames Voor LEGO Systems and you'll find the instructions on that site.

Regards, Captain Zuloo. :-$

They've all been bought now so that's the end of that!

My mistake - it appears the Imperial Flagship auction is still ongoing.

Black Seas Barracude is a great buy if you can catch it under hundere. As for the instructions, peeron.com offeres them there for free, so if you have a printer (color) you can get them much cheaper that way.

It's hard to say as the set is only 85% complete and the listing doesn't specify which pieces are missing. If you want to use the pieces for MOCing purposes then you probably don't need a box either. Large boxes can sometimes increase the value of sets by about $20.

It came in the mail today... I'm only on about step four or five and there are already many pieces I've realized are missing. Also, the minifigs are largely incorrect and I can't seem to find all of the cannons. Also, I have no pirate set-building or MOCing experience to build a decent ship. My first dissapoinment on eBay was this one ship. It definitely was 80 USD (+20 shipping) depressingly spent.

It definitely was 80 USD (+20 shipping) depressingly spent.

I would'nt worry to much about it mate, it happends, scary thing about it is you could have probably bought all the pieces for it from bricklink, built it exactly how its ment to be using the manual from peeron for a hell of alot less, i know because i'm currently working on a modded version of that ship & its nowhere near cost me that amount & mines double the size, different scheme & some slight changes but the original look is there *sweet*

Nick :'-)

It came in the mail today... I'm only on about step four or five and there are already many pieces I've realized are missing. Also, the minifigs are largely incorrect and I can't seem to find all of the cannons. Also, I have no pirate set-building or MOCing experience to build a decent ship. My first dissapoinment on eBay was this one ship. It definitely was 80 USD (+20 shipping) depressingly spent.

Hey

I'm sorry to hear about that. I recently deregistered from ebay because of so much of this happening. can you make a claim on ebay because it was significantly not as described? Get an inventory list from bricklink and mark off all the pieces that are or aren't in what you got. My guess is it won't be near 85% complete and that is significantly different from what was described.

Don't count any extra pieces that may be included if they don't form part of the ship as they're useless to you building the ship.

I just had a look on bricklink and there are 876 parts to this set, so 85% is 745 pieces. Given this seller reckons they can estimate within 5% I'd say anything less than 80% means it is significantly less than described. From the pic, I'd say there's no way you're near 80% complete (701 pieces).

Good luck, and hey, you'll find far more scrupulous people here and on bricklink than ebay.

Edited by hewman

There's no misrepresentation in that auction listing. The seller has estimated 85% complete but hows he to know without instructions. There's a picture there of what is included and pictures do form part of descriptions.

I wouldn't be too dissapointed. You've got all the sails (which look to be in pretty good condition), all the hull pieces, 4 lots of rigging and most of those white shutter windows. The minifigs for this ship aren't anything special, they're all pretty common. The price was probably a little high but these are the risks you take when buying a set which is described as having missing parts.

Do an inventory list and get the rest of the parts off Bricklink. It's a great set and well worth it. I have about 6 of them, can't help myself when I see one at a reasonable price.

Hello again!

Now that I am starting to collect some Pirate LEGO I need some minifigs.

Where is the cheapest place to buy Pirate figs? Ebay, Bricklink?

Thanks! :pir-classic: