commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

Why is everyone about Malfoy? He's only in one other set (unless you count previous versions), and you can always just keep his head turned to the mask side and pretend he's a generic Death Eater.

I think this set will be around $50.

Why is everyone about Malfoy? He's only in one other set (unless you count previous versions), and you can always just keep his head turned to the mask side and pretend he's a generic Death Eater.

I'm not mad for him being in the set, there just could be another better figure in it. He'll be in three sets then. And I said it also, just turn the head and you'll have an extra Death Eater.

For 50 EUR I certainly won't be complaining! :laugh:

I just think that his spot could easily have gone to someone more fitting (Grayback or Bellatrix would have been better, imho). He really didn't have a big part in the battle anyways, and the only memorable moment (that I can remember) was after the battle. Will still get the set, but I'll be giving the fig a black hood and using it as a generic Death Eater.

Can't wait to see how the other two have turned out. The more I think about it, the more excited I get for the new Knight Bus set. Especially since it'll have Ernie in it. I'm really hoping that the forest set has Voldemort and Hagrid in it. However, I have a bad feeling it won't have Hagrid.

So far, these are the confirmed minifigures:

FF:

-Harry Potter

-Narcissa Malfoy

KB:

-Harry Potter

-Stan Shunpike

-Ernie Prang

BfH:

-Harry Potter

-Neville Longbottom

-Remus Lupin

-PR.Sprout

-Gregory Goyle

-Lucious Malfoy

-Dementor

Which brings the list to 12, though there's a good chance the forest set will have at least one more minifigure in it. I would add animals to the list, but so far none have been confirmed. I think it's likely that the Knight Bus set will have the grim and Hedwig, and I'm hopeful that the forest set will have Nagini.

So far, these are the confirmed minifigures:

FF:

-Harry Potter

-Narcissa Malfoy

KB:

-Harry Potter

-Stan Shunpike

-Ernie Prang

BfH:

-Harry Potter

-Neville Longbottom

-Remus Lupin

-PR.Sprout

-Gregory Goyle

-Lucious Malfoy

-Dementor

Where'd you come across that?

You're forgetting Diagon Alley. So along with this, he's in three sets. But that's still not a lot.

Where'd you come across that?

The picture we've got of the Battle for Hogwarts set confirms it's seven minifigures, and Huw over at Brickset confirmed Narcissa for the forest set and Harry, Stan (the "driver"), and Ernie (the "old guy") for the bus set. Only one technically not confirmed, is Harry for the forest set, but I believe it's safe to assume he'll be in that one too.

Edited by Ravenxl7

The picture we've got of the Forbidden Forest set confirms it's seven minifigures, and Huw over at Brickset confirmed Narcissa for the Forest set and Harry, Stan (the "driver"), and Ernie (the "old guy") for the bus set. Only one technically not confirmed, is Harry for the forest set, but I believe it's safe to assume he'll be in that one too.

Wait a minute what picture?

~MC

Wait a minute what picture?

~MC

Sorry, I meant the picture of the Battle for Hogwarts set (fixed that :wink: )

Edited by Ravenxl7

This set does not seem bland, it look very much like a continuation of the 4th Hogwarts. Plus we haven't seen the interior shots so it is not that fair to criticize it.

And then LEGO tries to give us some new figs and more complaints(I agree that another Lucius is kinda annoying) but just be glad they didn't included just another Harry, Ron, Hermione, Voldemort, Bellatrix, and then a new Neville. We get 4 new figs with just this set! Dementors did play a big part in the book, re-read. When the trio was sneaking into the Whomping Willow and were attacked by Dementors and when Harry was going into the forest there were Dementors. Plus I love these new dementors! The more the better!

Plus Goyle set the fire in the RoR in the film since Crabbe won't be included in the last film cause a drug bust. So maybe one of the rooms is the RoR on fire!

Edited by 10or

That set is awful, I thought LEGO might actually put some time into Harry Potter's best scene ever. It's like they don't even care what they're designing anymore. I thought we might have some nice architecture and a double scale (mini-fig on inside, model on outside) like the last Hogwarts, I'm sorely disappointed at this.

Dementors did play a big part in the book, re-read. When the trio was sneaking into the Whomping Willow and were attacked by Dementors and when Harry was going into the forest there were Dementors. Plus I love these new dementors! The more the better!

10or, i was making the point as I'm sure the Builder was that the Dementors role in the final battle is not very large. May be the film will change that as they were cinematically compelling but the Giants played a bigger role in the battle. I'm happy that TLG have made more HP sets but i also think it's a bit of a cop-out.

All Malfoy does in the final battle is huddle in a corner of the Great Hall and cry, I'd have preferred characters whose involvement in the final battle was pivotal. I'd have preferred to see Slughorn or a generic death eater or two with different mask prints on each side (Malfoy may well have a mask on the other side but this doesn't make him a generic Death Eater as the films showed them having very individualistic masks.)

This is my first post on Eurobricks!!! :laugh: I recently found a website that said that there would be several new harry Potter sets! Here is the link: http://lego-customs.wikia.com/wiki/6249_Ministry_of_Magic. I doubt that these sets are real but they would be AWSOME!!! :cry_happy:

If you hadn't noticed, it says custom on the website title. :laugh: So, no it isn't real, it would be cool though. Congratulations on the first post!

This is my first post on Eurobricks!!! :laugh: I recently found a website that said that there would be several new harry Potter sets! Here is the link: http://lego-customs.wikia.com/wiki/6249_Ministry_of_Magic. I doubt that these sets are real but they would be AWSOME!!! :cry_happy:

If you hadn't noticed, it says custom on the website title. :laugh: So, no it isn't real, it would be cool though. Congratulations on the first post!

In the image you may be able to notice that in the left there's what appears to be another box... maybe it is the forbbiden forest or Knight bus!! :wink:

In the image you may be able to notice that in the left there's what appears to be another box... maybe it is the forbbiden forest or Knight bus!! :wink:

Noticed that too. Not much to go off of, but it's probably the Forbidden Forest set. I don't think any of the Knight Bus minifigures will have a cloak. It makes me hopefully that pictures of the other two sets are out there. It's jut a matter of finding them, lol. If not, we'll most likely get some pictures from the New York Toy Fair anyways.

Finally! At last all of the heads of house have been released! Shame we couldn't get a Slughorn, though. :sceptic:

I'm not mad for him being in the set, there just could be another better figure in it. He'll be in three sets then. And I said it also, just turn the head and you'll have an extra Death Eater.

How many other Death Eaters are there though? We've had Lestrange and Greyback in the burrow, Snape at Hogwarts, and I believe there was a rumor that Nicarssia would be in the Forbidden Forest set (though I'd take that rumor with a pinch of salt). And besides, we haven't had a Malfoy since the Graveyard Duel, it'll be a nice chance for people new to this genre of Lego to get a few more characters.

I really would much rather have Snape in the Hogwarts set. Malfoy is a major character, but Snape is one of the main characters in both the series and especially the final book. Hopefully the image is preliminary and it changes in the final.

How many other Death Eaters are there though? We've had Lestrange and Greyback in the burrow, Snape at Hogwarts, and I believe there was a rumor that Nicarssia would be in the Forbidden Forest set (though I'd take that rumor with a pinch of salt). And besides, we haven't had a Malfoy since the Graveyard Duel, it'll be a nice chance for people new to this genre of Lego to get a few more characters.

Narcissa has been confirmed by a reliable source to be in the Forbidden Forest set. Lucious was in the Graveyard Duel set, but that wasn't the last set he was in. He was in last year's Freeing Dobby set, and he's in this years Diagon Alley set, so having him in the Battle for Hogwarts set just seems redundant. He's still decently useful as a generic Death Eater, but just barely (I'll probably end-up flipping the torso backwards and swapping the arms to give him a plain black chest instead of Malfoy's unique jacket).

I really would much rather have Snape in the Hogwarts set. Malfoy is a major character, but Snape is one of the main characters in both the series and especially the final book. Hopefully the image is preliminary and it changes in the final.

It is preliminary, but I think that the character choices are final. I imagine certain minifigures will look different. Especially Lupin and Neville. Don't they use pre-existing pieces for minifigures they haven't finished the design of just yet? (like Voldemort wearing green in the preliminary pictures, and wearing black for the actual production). I remember last year the preliminary boxes had all the correct names for the minifigures, but the images weren't the final version of them. It's a bit fuzzy, but if you zoom in on the BfH set image, you can see that the minifigs match-up with the names on the box, so any differences for the production version will be how they look, rather than who they are.

Edited by Ravenxl7

How many other Death Eaters are there though?

Well, there are actually quite a lot, even ones that appear in the films. The Carrows spring to mind, but there are also Yaxley, Dolohov, etc. In other licensed themes (I'm thinking PoP and PotC here), LEGO releases many named characters of lesser importance (Asoka, anyone?). There are plenty of named Death Eaters in the films, especially the Deathly Hallows parts one and two, who even have distinctive looks to them. I wish LEGO could have made any one of them to put in the Battle for Hogwarts besides for Lucius.

Lucius' minifig is not a generic Death Eater!! Please, I urge you to check out the Death Eater that you get in the Order of the Phoenix Hogwarts' Castle set...that's a generic one! And you'll find Lucius in Dobby's Release and Diagon Alley sets... :laugh:

It is preliminary, but I think that the character choices are final.

Actually, in the 4842 Hogwarts Castle preliminary box you could see a Prof. Trelawney minifig, which eventually wasn't included in the set.

I think we can still hope for some changes in the minifigs (they could substitute Lucius for a generic Death Eater, and Goyle for Tonks, for example).

Actually, in the 4842 Hogwarts Castle preliminary box you could see a Prof. Trelawney minifig, which eventually wasn't included in the set.

I think we can still hope for some changes in the minifigs (they could substitute Lucius for a generic Death Eater, and Goyle for Tonks, for example).

Well, I think that wasn't supposed to be Trelawney in the first place because it was just a placeholder for McGonagall (remember, the dark green hat and dress weren't available before so they just used differently coloured pieces) and the other sets contained weird figs on their prelim boxes as well (the Quidditch set's box art e.g. contained 4 Snapes). The box art on 4867 on the other hand seems to be final, there's no "preliminary" note on it unlike the SW boxes we've seen recently and they didn't use placeholder figs, I mean why should they use new heads and torsos when they aren't included in the final set? If they were placeholders, TLG would have used old figs instead :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Well, I think that wasn't supposed to be Trelawney in the first place because it was just a placeholder for McGonagall

Indeed it was just a placeholder. As I remember, it said Professor McGonagall under the picture of the Trelawney minifig. Aside from spelling mistakes, the names are correct and the characters final, just not their appearances.