commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

A Harry Potter TV Series would be a good way to explore scenes that couldn't make it into the films and look at Harry's Children at Hogwarts so who knows? :sweet:

Back on Topic seen as the Harry Potter sets are mainly based on Locations of Buildngs , Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, Hagrids Hut The Burrow etc. What buildings do you think would be a good set to make. I reckon either the Yule Ball or Bill and Fleurs Wedding, think of all The Exclusive Figures we could get in either of those :wub:

Shoud J.K. Rowling have any ideas for series?

Edited by Neibur

Shoud J.K. Rowling have any ideas for series?

Read this:

The author, who's worth an estimated $1 billion, said that she planned way beyond the final Harry Potter book in the series. She mapped out what happens to the children of the surviving characters — Harry, Ron and Hermione — but doesn't plan to ever write about it. "I don't want to write any more Hogwarts books," Rowling said in a British documentary about her life.

I reckon that she will either be forced into writing more about Hogwarts from her book publishers and others or if she doesn't write about it, Warner Bros will buy the ideas and create there own movies.

I was really pleasantly suprised to see that there will be more 2011 HP sets. I thought we'd only get the Diagon Alley exclusive this year. Hopefully this will continue into 2012 and beyond.

Me too! I didn't expect them to continue it, but luckily they do! The Knight Bus is a strange choice for a remake, since the original was very good, I think. It also doesn't have a big role in the series, let alone the last movie(s). But it probably has a high playability value which matters most for the younger audience. Battle of Hogwarts could literaly become anything, and the Forest too. I see the last one as a forest scene with Harry, Hagrid and Voldemort. Maybe Grawp but probably not. In that way, you can play a few different HP scenes, since it mostly features Harry + Hagrid.

I hope they will later add Grimmauld Place, since it is pretty important in the series and is perfect to make in LEGO. Other things might be 4, Privet Drive again (with cupboard this time) and a camping scene. I would love to see a Chamber of Secrets remake, since it will feature in the last movie too. (Basilisk + Basilisk skeleton! :D)

J

I wonder if Warner Brothers, on seeing the success of Clone Wars and what that has done for Star Wars in general......a Cartoon Network series related to Harry Potter.... maybe ? :wink:

On an odd related note, Kmart in Oz are discounting and clearing out all Harry Potter sets...why ?......when the movie HP7(Pt1) has only being out for such a short time.....madness......I say blame Voldemort ! :wacko:

Anyway, brick on everyone ! :wink:

JK ROWLING WOULD NEVER EVER LET WB MAKE A CARTOON/TV SHOW RELATING TO HARRY POTTER! END OF STORY, back on topic please!

(Sorry for the all caps, but please be real)

JK ROWLING WOULD NEVER EVER LET WB MAKE A CARTOON/TV SHOW RELATING TO HARRY POTTER! END OF STORY, back on topic please!

I agree, if they did, the fans will be divided like star wars fans, OT fans and CW fans...they don't always get along

And it will ruin the books for some...

Whew, that was unnecessary. The same message could easily have been communicated without the caps.

Hm, I haven't had a chance to comment on the New Year's sets yet... Let me fix that.

Diagon Ally- Nothing needs to be said, it's just automatically on my 'To Buy' list.

Forbidden Forrest- This would really depend on the subject matter. I'd definitely buy it if it were from the seventh book, but I'd only might buy it if it were from the second. I'd definitely buy it if it were from the first or fourth, as well. This set could be many things.

The Knight Bus- One of my favorite parts of the Third movie, The Knight Bus is on my 'To Buy' list.

Battle for Hogwarts- Sounds like another biggie to me. If I have the money, I'll get this one. The battle for Hogwarts was one of the best parts of the books in general, and I hope TLG does it justice.

Prelim pics of the Visual Dictionary and Sticker book. Thanks to CeroKnight for finding them! Looks like the dictionary does indeed have a minifig, but right now it just shows regular uniform Harry as a stand-in. Will it be a special version of Harry, like the SW dictionary had a special version of Luke? I hope it will be something more exciting than that, but we'll see.

I saw the catalogue in real life. No other pages or new HP sets apart from the 3.

No second page? But in this photo I can see the corner of a box of what seems to be another HP set. :look: Are you saying there's nothing but Hogwarts, the Burrow, and the train on that page?

Rowling stated on Oprah that although she has no plans to start, she could easily write an 8th and 9th book. And more importantly she still worries about money!!! Perhaps the recession will make her churn out some more Potter books and sell the rights to make a series.

I'd personally love to see some HP spin offs. Imagine a HP/Horror hybrid where loads of drunk, horny hogwarts students end up getting massacred in the forbidden forest! It's got class written all over it!!

Imagine a HP/Horror hybrid where loads of drunk, horny hogwarts students end up getting massacred in the forbidden forest! It's got class written all over it!!

Ha, well that was no what I was thinking off when I talked about a TV series.... But I guess that could work :laugh:

It's very unlikely though, with all the young fans, and the people who'll yell at Warner Brothers : YOU'RE RUINING THE BOOKS !!!

Edited by Geertos13

:laugh: you're probably right, i may have to just make a brickfilm about it myself. I'm an aspiring horror writer anyway so watch out for it next year!

The forbidden forest would make a damned good crystal lake type setting! My mind is racing now, fortunately i'm doing nothing in work at the moment so i may have to start planning that out!

Just to clear up my earlier post, the "horny hogwarts students" would of course be of NEWT age and not the earlier years. I'm not a pervert *oh2*

Funny I remember someone saying something very similar like that about Star Wars when there were first Rumors about their TV Series :wink:

But yeah lets get back on topic and Discuss the Sets

I reckon

Forbidden Forest will be based in Deathly Hallows with a Couple of trees Harry, Voldemort and maybe a Death Eater (Bellatrix?)

Knight Bus- Similar to the last version except they add Ernie Prang and The Grim to the set/

Battle For Hogwarts- Entrance Courtyard, maaybe some ruins and figures would be Harry, Voldemort, Bellatrix, Molly, Neville and Nagini.

Prelim pics of the Visual Dictionary and Sticker book. Thanks to CeroKnight for finding them! Looks like the dictionary does indeed have a minifig, but right now it just shows regular uniform Harry as a stand-in. Will it be a special version of Harry, like the SW dictionary had a special version of Luke? I hope it will be something more exciting than that, but we'll see.

Yeah I can't honestly see it being anything other than a Special Version of Harry like the Special Version of Luke. Maybe it's Harry in his Yule Ball Dress robe or the Suit he wore at bill and Fleurs wedding to name a couple of Ideas for Special Harry Figures :classic:

Edited by commanderneyo

There is no arguing that JK Rowling is one of, if not, THE best fiction writes of our generation. To have someone else take over the beloved world she created for the sake of profit would be outrageous.

In my humble opinion, Star Wars is different. They were movies, still loved by many, but do not have the "special connection" that books make. For the most part, most Star Wars spin-off and Expanded Universe projects are successful and generally well-recieved. However, most of them (notably Clone Wars) were created to make profits, which is something Jo Rowling has never done.

Off-topic rant is over. I'm still excited for these new sets and am praying there will be more. The movies will be relevant well into 2012, around when the DVD of the 2nd part of DH will probably be released.

This Christmas, Harry Potter Lego was one of the best-sellers and I think Lego took note of that. Hopefully they will capitalize on that, even if it goes against everything I wrote above :laugh:.

-Derek :classic:

Yeay! HP 2011 sets!!

The Battle of Hogwarts' set is obviously quite intriguing, and I'm hoping to see magical creatures in that set...why? because (sorry if this is a spoiler) they are all in!! Giants, acromantulas, centaurs, ghosts, magically-living-creatures&knightarmors...I mean, this set could be a huge hint for what we'll see in the movie, and I'm really hoping for all these magical creatures to show up! :cry_sad: If they don't...well, I guess the Producers and Director from the movie will be as well hated as they were when they take off from the HP6 movie ALL the action that follows Dumbledore's killing at the astronomy tower and Dumbledore's Funeral, which are such breathtaking scenes in the book!

Forbidden Forest will surely include a tree, so that's enough for me to buying it. Not interested in the Knight Bus, I've already got the first one.

What about Ministry of Magic sets, another Privet Drive version and/or Grimmauld Place?? And even Shell Cottage, which we'll see in DH2?? Come on TLC, keep on bringing the HP Line in 2012! :cry_happy:

Just ordered Diagon Alley and Hogwarts! :tongue:

YIPEE!

And a Happy New Year to everyone! Hope it is filled with more HP sets! :laugh:

Edited by 10or

No second page? But in this photo I can see the corner of a box of what seems to be another HP set. :look: Are you saying there's nothing but Hogwarts, the Burrow, and the train on that page?

To clarify, the 3 new summer HP sets and 3 of the 2010 sets are on one page of the catalog, and the remaining 3 2010 sets on another page. The catalogue did not include exclusives so Diagon Alley wasn't included.

well the knightbus was always one of my favorite sets (although with diagon alley on order that could soon change) and i cant really see much scope for improvement on the last one though??? i mean the beds could be a bit better and some more interior bits and peices but that would mean making it out of scale with the ford, obvioulsy ernie needs to be in there somewhere instead of stan driving, it would be nice to have a death eaters mask on the other side of stans face but his hat wouldnt cover it :/

anywho i look forward to the battle set and the forbidden forest (hopefully with more creatures)

I need to get my hands on Dragon Alley! So many great parts! I'm digging those column pieces. :classic:

Thank you so much for this information. The Forbidden Forest will probably have Harry, Voldemort and either 1 or 2 other figs, plus a tree. Knight Bus is obvious, but the Battle set is a mystery. I hope to see pictures soon!

I know many of you have these huge ecsepcetations for the Battle for Hogwarts, but if you look at the age range it's only 7-14 not 14+ or 16+ as most Death Star/Huge sets usually are. Sorry, but even though I too hope for a huge and elaborate battle, it''s not realistic and probably wont happen.

Hope to be proven wrong though! :classic:

I know many of you have these huge ecsepcetations for the Battle for Hogwarts, but if you look at the age range it's only 7-14 not 14+ or 16+ as most Death Star/Huge sets usually are. Sorry, but even though I too hope for a huge and elaborate battle, it''s not realistic and probably wont happen.

Hope to be proven wrong though! :classic:

Yeah, It'll will probably be just a play set, not a real build set (like Diag.All. is).

Yeah, It'll will probably be just a play set, not a real build set (like Diag.All. is).

Probably something like the Battle of Endor play set or the Home One Star Cruiser play set. Might be just as big as those.