Piranha

2012 Pirates?

I would only love to see some smaller ships like Caribbean Clipper.

Captain Becker

I concur, small ships are great fun! Fun to build as well :pir-classic:

IDK I like to go big or go home with my legos these days.....I only got small sets when I was a kid.....Now as an adult the small sets dont challenge me, not to mention I like buying the large expensive sets these days because I can.

IDK I like to go big or go home with my legos these days.....I only got small sets when I was a kid.....Now as an adult the small sets dont challenge me, not to mention I like buying the large expensive sets these days because I can.

Somewhat same here :p

I almost had nothing of the Pirates as child (I am one of the no-Pirates generation (born 1991, became an "adult" around 2007) so I already bought the Carribean Clipper and Armada Flagship. Now one of the next days I'll buy the QAR as it is perfect for my story (planning to be released on this forum next month). But I only got somewhat the problem of the sizes: AF (1 canon), CC (2 canons) vs QAR (6 canonholes and 3 canons).

Not really a fear match.

And something else: does someone here who lives in Flanders, can tell me where I or my brother can buy the Imperial Flagship and/or the Black Pearl?????

The only toyshop where I saw him was in The Netherlands, but I had not enough money with me then :(

Somewhat same here :p

I almost had nothing of the Pirates as child (I am one of the no-Pirates generation (born 1991, became an "adult" around 2007) so I already bought the Carribean Clipper and Armada Flagship. Now one of the next days I'll buy the QAR as it is perfect for my story (planning to be released on this forum next month). But I only got somewhat the problem of the sizes: AF (1 canon), CC (2 canons) vs QAR (6 canonholes and 3 canons).

Not really a fear match.

And something else: does someone here who lives in Flanders, can tell me where I or my brother can buy the Imperial Flagship and/or the Black Pearl?????

The only toyshop where I saw him was in The Netherlands, but I had not enough money with me then :(

I saw the black pearl in the catalogue of 'FUN'. I never actually went to the store to check though...

The imperial flagship isn't for sale in Belgium anymore as far as I know.

I saw the black pearl in the catalogue of 'FUN'. I never actually went to the store to check though...

The imperial flagship isn't for sale in Belgium anymore as far as I know.

Can be, I checked Bart Smit, Multi and Supra Bazar and Dreamland

goddamned, where will I find a good located Fun-store near here :p

Can be, I checked Bart Smit, Multi and Supra Bazar and Dreamland

goddamned, where will I find a good located Fun-store near here :p

If you have a VISA at your disposal, you can always buy it on the official Lego store on Lego.be

That's how I did it. And then when I finally got my Pearl, I also saw it in the 'Sinterklaasfolder' of 'FUN'...

(Price was also €99.99/ € 99.95, Can't remember the cents :pir-blush: )

But I want a last wave of the PotC franchise before we go back to the classic pirates.

I also want a classic pirate movie.....so sick of johnny depp and his wacky pirate acting style. I want a bloody, violent rated R pirate movie. Is that too much to ask? LOL

Yes more POTC sets are on there way. I have just been to my local Lego store and was talking about LOTR and they revealed that there will be a few more POTC sets including the Flying Dutchman which I was shown a picture of. It looks large and detailed. They seemed very open about it, so can't be long till an official confirmation by Lego is announced.

I think Derfel is a pretty reliable source. I am inclined to believe him. Does the confirmation excite anyone? Disappoint anyone?

I think Derfel is a pretty reliable source. I am inclined to believe him. Does the confirmation excite anyone? Disappoint anyone?

Well to me I think having pirate sets out Is a great thing! However the thing that is disappointing me lately is that, It seems like Lego is gonna end up one day with nothing but licensed themes! I also don't like the flesh figs, I mean call me old fashioned but as a kid and now A AFOL I like my old school yellow figures! I think Lego should relax and maybe just stick with there star wars theme which is successful, and then go back to there roots to the evergreen themes, castle,pirates,space! The POTC theme sets have been great I think there better then the 2009 pirates line, excluding the Imperial flagship, but they still are not like having the classic theme. So in conclusion I guess having some pirates is better then having none at all!

I just hope if they do the flying dutchman they don't rip us off like they did with the pearl and only give us 2 cannons.

I just hope if they do the flying dutchman they don't rip us off like they did with the pearl and only give us 2 cannons.

I was also disappointed with the Pearl. First Pirate ship I didn't run out and buy... makes me a little sad. I hope we finally get a wig mold or two in the next wave.

If we get a Flying Dutchman I hope it comes with a pirate version of Elizabeth Swann. I was a bit disapointed she got left out of the Black Pearl.

I'm guessing this might be POTC going out with a bang? Like the Imperial flagship, you do one final large set (and dare I say it the Kingdoms Joust).

I can't see how they could release more sets and maintain interest, without another film being in the cinemas (I guess they didn't touch on the Chinese stuff from World's End, but probably want to steer clear of that with Ninjago also running).

Then hopefully a return for 'classic'/non-licensed pirates.

Edited by andhe

I was also disappointed with the Pearl. First Pirate ship I didn't run out and buy... makes me a little sad. I hope we finally get a wig mold or two in the next wave.

Same here, in fact I still don't own it. I'll definitely get it soon, I just didn't need it right away.

I doubt the Flying Dutchman will be bigger than the Imperial Flagship.

At best it will have 3 cannons, I bet the whole set won't be much more then some hulls, an organ, triple cannons, Kraken hammer, masts with sails and some minifigures.

Everything that the Dutchman needs to be the Dutchman but nothing more.

In other words pretty much similar to the official black pearl, which is a ship with black sails and figurehead but other than that... :pirate_sad2: .

I think it is possible to create a great ship with a limited amount of parts. My personal opinion concerning the PoTC sets is that they are quite unattractive. The only one that would tempt me would be the QAR, but even the BP is terrible. Moreover I can't understand their idea of changing face's colours from yellow to flesh pirate_sick.gif

I am also a great fan of the Imperial Flagship, and I think the FD should have around that size, 1500+ parts approx, perhaps even around 2000. I believe a Flying Dutchman as a large exclusive set would be quite a success, even for non lego-fanatics/obsessed/big lovers as we are pirate_tong.gif

Same here, in fact I still don't own it. I'll definitely get it soon, I just didn't need it right away.

Its a nice set though I got it and its lovely, just sucks there 6 "ports" and only 2 cannons.

I hope if we get another Swann she has this thing called LEGS.

Be interesting to see if they do the dutchman will it have the long guns.

Moreover I can't understand their idea of changing face's colours from yellow to flesh

I think this first cropped up with Lando Calrissian.

LEGO could always say their figures were not any specific human race, they were simply LEGO people. Then came Lando in Star Wars... they could have made him yellow like all the other LEGO people, and that would have been fine with me, but I think at that point they decided if they were going to continue with licensed sets, they needed to perhaps make flesh colored figures to represent characters more precisely.

It makes sense to do it that way. I however, prefer my figures to be race neutral and simply be LEGO people.

LEGO could always say their figures were not any specific human race, they were simply LEGO people. Then came Lando in Star Wars... they could have made him yellow like all the other LEGO people, and that would have been fine with me, but I think at that point they decided if they were going to continue with licensed sets, they needed to perhaps make flesh colored figures to represent characters more precisely.

I had never thought on that, you have a point up there pirate_blush.gif

It makes sense in licensed themes, but I hope they do not spread it to other themes in the future! For me, minifgs are yellow and will always be! If they change them all to flesh colour, then here at E.B. we will have to change all of our Emoticons colours! pir_laugh2.gif

I do NOT see fleshies coming to non-licensed themes. On the other hand, I think some people believe in a few years we will have nothing BUT licensed themes!

I think this first cropped up with Lando Calrissian.

It makes sense to do it that way. I however, prefer my figures to be race neutral and simply be LEGO people.

You're basically right but it's not quite how you tell it. You seem to suggest when Lando came along they released a set with flesh skinned minifigs (dark and light) and that was the start of flesh colours. What they actually did was make a major mistake and release a set with all the minifigures having yellow skin apart from lando who had dark flesh skin (set is here). This (unintentionally) suggested and was interpretted by some to mean that all yellow skinned minifigures past and present must therefore be representitive of 'white people' since only the 'white' actors in that set had yellow skin minifigures. As a result of that disastrous PR screw up they then started releasing all future licensed sets with flesh tones. I like you would have just preferred for them to release a yellow lando and go with the policy that all human people are yellow in lego and that it represents no skin tone. The flesh solution also makes sense and some people prefer it despite it reducing compatibility between themes.

I do NOT see fleshies coming to non-licensed themes. On the other hand, I think some people believe in a few years we will have nothing BUT licensed themes!

I don't think yellow minifigures are going away any time soon in non-licensed sets either. I'm sure LEGO don't want the faff of having to make sure every wave of every non-licensed theme they release has a suitable distribution of different skin tones so that noone can have a go at them. This would of course also mean that compatibility between different figure parts (especially if they keep releasing torso's showing skin) would be reduced even further! That's also not even mentioning the strong brand identity that yellow figures have for lego that has been reduced by the introduction of flesh but is still very significant.

Edited by Weil

You're basically right but it's not quite how you tell it.

Yes, I left out the controversy so we wouldn't rehash what happened, since this isn't an "I hate fleshies" thread, or "LEGO is racist" thread :pir-wink: but since it came up anyway... Weil is right that the change did in fact happen AFTER the Cloud City set was released which contained a dark skinned Lando minifig thus suggesting the yellow minis that were also in the set were in fact not as race nuetral as suggested before. I think LEGO did what they had to after that. Like I said, they could have just made Lando yellow like the other figures were, but I think that would probably also have offended some people. It was probably a good call to switch to fleshies, but it sucks for people who want to use the torsos for other stuff when there is skin showing on the fleshies.

IMO LEGO will always have regular sets of their own design with yellow fig's.

Licenses are just that licenses to use a certain image or product, and almost if not all licenses have an expiration date. Sure TLG will continue to get new licenses but don't think that means LEGO will stop churning out their own ideas, I happen to know for a fact there will be a new theme from LEGO in 2012, that is not a license.

Mod note: It hasn't happened yet, but lets keep this conversation civil and like Zcerberus said this is not the place to bash flesh fig's or vice versa.