Piranha

2012 Pirates?

Well, there hasn't been any news or rumors yet, so no. I do suggest a title change to '2013 Pirates?'. :pirate_sad2:

Here, Here!!!!! :pir-devil:

Hi there

I am thinking that there HAS to be some good news for the year 2013. Can it be that there is nothing, not even the smallest set, coming out to us Pirat-lovers? Please prove me wrong...

Hi there

I am thinking that there HAS to be some good news for the year 2013. Can it be that there is nothing, not even the smallest set, coming out to us Pirat-lovers? Please prove me wrong...

I certainly hope there will come some new pirate sets but I think it's very possible that we won't get more than the recent collectable minifigures (pirate captain and conquistador).

I also noticed there have been few new Pirate-related mocs lately, perhaps there is generally less interest in pirates (and therefor less chance that LEGO will produce new sets).

:pir-sceptic:

I agree with Sebeus, it can take some years before the new pirates sets.

But we have a chance to see new ideas, indian pirates or chinese pirates like you said... Why not ships from Napoleonic wars ? With some other sets of field troops...

I agree with you, but it appears the rumors of Oriental pirates in Ninjago will not be happening. Hopefully something will surprise us...

Perhaps later, then.It would be great to have some new junk ships or xebec !

I thought that "Pirates of the Caribbean" was a good opportunity...

Perhaps later, then.It would be great to have some new junk ships or xebec !

I thought that "Pirates of the Caribbean" was a good opportunity...

POTC was a good opportunity, but IMO it wasn't timed right with the movies. Perhaps if and when the fifth movie comes around they'll bring it back.

POTC was a good opportunity, but IMO it wasn't timed right with the movies. Perhaps if and when the fifth movie comes around they'll bring it back.

Wait and see, then...

Well, there hasn't been any news or rumors yet, so no. I do suggest a title change to '2013 Pirates?'. :pirate_sad2:

Let's give it another month or so... Just in case... :pir-wink:

Is there any truth to the rumor that Disney wants to do at least two more PotC movies? and if so we might see some new sets in 2014 to go along with it?

Until then I suppose that the Croc boat thing could be used as the basis for some sort of Victorian Steam punk'ish MOC maybe? Something in a Jules Verne'ish sort of vein? I know, I'm grasping.

I'm nearly certain there's gonna be at least one more potc movie, they're working on the script now and Depp has signed on. If it's successful (which it will, mark my words), then yes there's a chance there will be more sets.

Edited by Grimmbeard

Well since Lego is a kids toy i think childrens intrest in pirates is not really there. Now a days kids are more into star wars and super heros which lego is focusing alot on those themes. Myself now being an AFOL like many others here back in the 80's and 90's when I was young there were movies like goonies,hook,time bandits more swashbuckler films. With Potc being a really successful pirate franchise it still didnt seem like the lego sets were very popular IMO? Who knows though if lego does make a new pirate theme i hope is classic pirates...... So many more possiblies.