Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

My lord. Could I please request that the map of Avalonia is put on the first page, so that it does not take ages to find.

High King of Avalonia, my Tower is now complete.

Correct entry:

img_1229.jpg

Un-rule followed entry which I kept here for show...

img_1220.jpg

And I now have 2 soldiers under my command.

img_1221.jpg

Thread for the tower coming soon.

EDIT: Here it is

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63318

And May I request that my land be called "Ehado"?

Edited by C.J.Cutrone9

The watchtower of Arod Mearas

1323604595m_SPLASH.jpg

Arod Mearas is a small settlement with the Green Riders training and breeding centre in the middle of large green pastures.

The Watchtower of Arod Mearas is a simple wooden tower with a stone base, build to keep watch over the valuable breeding horses of the Green Riders that graze in the green pastures surrounding Arod Mearas. When horse thiefs are spotted the guard at the watchtower will alert the settlement by blowing an alarm signal on his horn. Arriving Green Riders that are coming to Arod Mearas that pass by are greeted and the horn is blown to make sure a nice room and stable will be made ready.

Here you see Kariny Rhiannon and Chestnut on their way to Arod Mearas for a few days of rest before she will be called for a new mission. She greets the guards in the watchtower One of the guards of the watchtower is having a lunch break. The other guard blows his horn to make sure they now at Arod Mearas that Kariny is arriving!

Can my watchtower be place at the red circle on the map ? I hope that piece of land was nog already taken.

1323604627m_SPLASH.jpg

I will make a separate topic for my watchtower later today with more pictures.

Hello Fellow Avalonians,

Building the gatehouse/watchtower is not a simple task, it seems we need more stones (read: round greyish 1 stud bricks) and concealment (read: green branches), so I'll have to wait for my order.

Writing goes better, so here a small contribution to my storyline:

Hemrasa

Right through the Mystic Isles lies a road straight to the Enchanted Forest. This road is called Hemresa. At the end of the main road through the Eastern Avalonia rises a Gatehouse leading to the Mystic Isles. This is the home of the Hemresa Legion.

Hemgränd

Hemgränd is the name of the gatehouse at the east end of Hemresa, leading to main land. A big sturdy wall-like building with massive doors keep uninvited guests out of the west Avalonian region.

We expect to finish the gatehouse in a few days.

Ohh... a prize for the best build in the capital! Splendid news. Get on over to the Albion thread and get a plot! We have plenty of room still!

Also, a friendly reminder, there are only a few days left in the watchtower challenge, so read the rules and get yours up by the 15th if you wish to participate!

Edited by ZCerberus

With my last build, I took in all the criticism, then looked at Derfel's guide to building a medieval village, and tried to use some of the ways of building in that. I ended up with this small inn.

6500354723_7831bfe51f.jpg

With my last build, I took in all the criticism, then looked at Derfel's guide to building a medieval village, and tried to use some of the ways of building in that. I ended up with this small inn.

6500354723_7831bfe51f.jpg

Andonii - I really like your inn! This looks like a nice cozy place to spend the night.

Great work on all the new builds! Avalonia goes from strength to strength. Great to see members signing up for the capital build, some great builds coming through, it will certainly be the mightiest capital in Historica and something we can all be proud of.

Im really pleased with how our land is unfolding and growing. I feel we are organised and have already built a great foundation. Lets keep up the great work!

@C.J.Cutrone9, great work on your tower, do you have a name for your area of land?

@Doornroosje, I have added your land under the name of Arod Mearas, is that ok, or do you have another name you would like your land to be called?

My lord. Could I please request that the map of Avalonia is put on the first page, so that it does not take ages to find.

I will eventually put the map on the first page, but I thought it better to wait till we have sorted out all the different areas and have a fresh updated version. I don't expect our poor map maker to have to make a new map every few weeks, so I hope we can all get sorted and choose and name an area of land so a fresh up to date map can be made that will last for a good while.

Hello Fellow Avalonians,

Building the gatehouse/watchtower is not a simple task, it seems we need more stones (read: round greyish 1 stud bricks) and concealment (read: green branches), so I'll have to wait for my order.

Writing goes better, so here a small contribution to my storyline:

Hemrasa

Right through the Mystic Isles lies a road straight to the Enchanted Forest. This road is called Hemresa. At the end of the main road through the Eastern Avalonia rises a Gatehouse leading to the Mystic Isles. This is the home of the Hemresa Legion.

Hemgränd

Hemgränd is the name of the gatehouse at the east end of Hemresa, leading to main land. A big sturdy wall-like building with massive doors keep uninvited guests out of the west Avalonian region.

We expect to finish the gatehouse in a few days.

Sounds good, I will add your area to the list when you post your gatehouse.

Ohh... a prize for the best build in the capital! Splendid news. Get on over to the Albion thread and get a plot! We have plenty of room still!

Also, a friendly reminder, there are only a few days left in the watchtower challenge, so read the rules and get yours up by the 15th if you wish to participate!

Ahh yes, a prize! Great work on the Albion thread, looks like things are going very well.

Well reminded, the Watchtower challenge is coming to an end soon. Only 5 entries can be used to represent our guild, so we will all have to vote and choose which towers will make it through. More on this when the challenge ends.

Excellent work guildsmen, your commitment and effort is most appreciated. Great work all round!

My shipments have finally arrived, but as I'm away from home now, I won't be able to complete my watchtower in time. A shame, but I'll just upload it this weekend then.

And great progress, Andonii, it looks very different from your usual buildings! :thumbup:

Derfel Cadarn, While looking in the Round 1 thread I noticed my tower of Kydenon was not on the list of Avalonian towers. If you could inform me why this is it would be appreciated. -Thanks!

Great towers everyone and I look forward to more builds for Albion. I have a massive treasure room that is completed. When I get some good pictures taken it will be posted. - K.Kreations

Hail Avalonia!

My apologies about my absence, My lands were revoked and I had to flee!(Had to move) But I did finish my watchtower, and I hope you enjoy it!

It defends my land of Berlindorf, near the countryside.

156.jpg

Sorry about the photography, my camera is in some box somewhere around here :blush:

Edited by Admiral Ron

Hi,

attached you can see our great map of Avalonia and the space I've claimed for my earldom Burrium.

The black X marks the place for my capital.

I've also claimed a mystic island, because for a very long time my people keep trading with the reptilian clan living on this island.

Something to add on, since the day my great grandfather saved the life of the clan chief,

the clan supply a reptilian guard to protect the Earl of Burrium and his family.

avalonia2_burrium.jpg

When a neighbouring lord disputed the boundary of our lands, it was decided to settle it the old fashioned way.

After meeting at mid day under the lone tree, my neighbour now wishes he hadn't been so picky.

With my lance broken from the impact, and him lying on the ground a broken man, he offered me some of his land in exchange for his life. Not wanting to be greedy I agreed - I could have easily taken his life and all of his land.

joustfull.jpg

joustclose.jpg

Good job Xyver. To claim more land is always good. Lets hope he gave you some well developed land and some sort of swamp where nothing grows and nobody wants to spend his days. You must be an excellent rider you're riding without a saddle and the other lord, too. ;-)

The A.T.C. has finally marked its lands:

atc_area2.png

With the mighty sawmill and watchtower included. The A.T.C. lands don't feature a capital as Albion is just a mile away, there have also the headquarters and large warehouse been placed.

The foundation of the Warehouse is already there, and a farm already finished, even though I already have the agriculture title, it's just a cool build. :blush: The warehouse will become my second largest project of all, and will cost some time!

I know its late. But may I pledge alleigance to Avalonia.

Pictures will be here in 2 hours at the latest. (I have already built a watchtower and my figure.)

I was planning on my watchtower being in the Enchanted Forest

Edited by venios

I Lord Sandman of Halcwm have claimed my land;

land_of_halcwm.jpg

It's a nice small land by the sea (i think it needs a harbor and a ship to blast those damn nocturnus ships out of the water :devil: )

I claim this Calleva Atrebatum. It's between tower 1 and 2post-8571-132379398727.png

I know there is no village there.

It is named after one of the nearest Roman towns to me.

Edited by venios

For the Avalonia Guild

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/dscn3281s.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/830/dscn3285q.jpg/

My figure

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/dscn3273b.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/dscn3278m.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/dscn3277k.jpg/

My watchtower which protects my capital of Calleva Atrebatum.

In my scene there is a young peasant fishing and it looks like he has caught something, there are a couple of guards on duty

however one seems to have fallen asleep. The reason for building the tower was to keep out pesky bandits.

Also this is my first uploaded moc.

Thanks

Venios

Edited by venios